Development [ROM] [OFFICIAL] ArrowOS 11.0 [android-11.0][vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

lomondra

May 7, 2021
Bug: LED stays blinking even after notification is not current anymore (= for example, after I read a message on Messenger).
And charging info is still strange/wrong.
Otherwise it's a great experience with Arrow.

hikigayaaaa

Jun 28, 2016
hi guys, i flash arrow from firmware 12.0.6.0 and i cant seem to update google chrome app on APP store? i do not have problem with any other apps even I can install from apk, anyone having this issue too? pls help thank you

co2thunderboy

• Jan 3, 2015
    127.0.0.1 Port 8888
    Screenshot_20210510-105553.png

how to fix and bypass ?
    universal safetynet fix and magiskprops intalled, no success

kubersharma

Recognized Developer
  • Dec 30, 2015
    New Delhi , India
    hi guys, i flash arrow from firmware 12.0.6.0 and i cant seem to update google chrome app on APP store? i do not have problem with any other apps even I can install from apk, anyone having this issue too? pls help thank you
    Chrome tries to update "trichromelibrary" before updating chrome browser itself, but for some reasons and scenarios it is not able to install that and hence it is failing:
    Its a common issue on many devices with Android 10+ even on OEMs ( https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidQuestions/comments/i4l9mr )

I would say force close chrome and keep tapping install couple of times or sideload latest trichromelibrary and update chrome again

Reactions: hikigayaaaa

kubersharma

Recognized Developer
  • Dec 30, 2015
    New Delhi , India
    Bug: LED stays blinking even after notification is not current anymore (= for example, after I read a message on Messenger).
    And charging info is still strange/wrong.
    Otherwise it's a great experience with Arrow.
    Remove the notifications and check if they stay or not, or it could be for something else like for battery
    Charging information is incorrect and useless I agree, might need to do something about it

Reactions: faheem200

hikigayaaaa

Jun 28, 2016
    Chrome tries to update "trichromelibrary" before updating chrome browser itself, but for some reasons and scenarios it is not able to install that and hence it is failing:
    Its a common issue on many devices with Android 10+ even on OEMs ( https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidQuestions/comments/i4l9mr )

I would say force close chrome and keep tapping install couple of times or sideload latest trichromelibrary and update chrome again
    Thank you buddy

lomondra

May 7, 2021
    Remove the notifications and check if they stay or not, or it could be for something else like for battery
    Charging information is incorrect and useless I agree, might need to do something about it
    It seems it's related to Facebook Messenger, other notifications - SMS and missed calls are ok and LED stops blinking after.

Is this a bug on arrow os? No led light while charging?
    I have no problem with this, LED is blinking while charging.

Reactions: urbanman2004

aruta619

Apr 30, 2015
    It seems it's related to Facebook Messenger, other notifications - SMS and missed calls are ok and LED stops blinking after.

I have no problem with this, LED is blinking while chargingi pi

I have no problem with this, LED is blinking while charging.
    Tried disabling dnd and it's working now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
      BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (or lets some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.
      I am not using the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen
      "Be safe than sorry"
      Official builds are updated and pushed to infra, sorry for the issues with missing builds as the infra was cleaned up!

New update is here!

- June security patches
      - Don't limit recorder fps to 60
      - Enable Memory optimization
      - Switch compression algorithm for ZRAM to LZ4
      - Fixup compatibility with Magisk
      - Switches to ArrowOS kernel | Thanks mochi_wwww for debloating OEM kernel source import.
      - Remove smart charging feature
      - Use correct gaming thermal profile
      - Misc changes
      - For more check here:: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Note:
      Recommended Minimum firmware:
      INDIA: MIUI 12.0.4.0 or above
      EEA: 12.0.5.0 or above
      GLOBAL: 12.0.6.0 or above

I have a TG support chat/blog now, you can msg there anything which cannot be done on XDA, I am super active on Telegram.

Donate:
      PayPal
      : https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/kubersharma001
      UPI: [email protected]
      BTC: 38zb2o7zN47yw6tH7FeW8Uohf49UamRiVZ
      anyone here can upload the May 7th ROM zip file? it's not from arrowos.net
      Any chance to solve the NFC issue related to the NFC payments?
      Thanks devel.
      Sadly I do not have the NFC variant but It works for some people, and while for others it fails. Kinda confusing but will see later on
      Is there any way to set minimal auto brightness? Minimal when set it to auto is too dark for me.
      logo.png

ArrowOS for POCO X3 PRO

ABOUT
      ArrowOS
      is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
      Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Code Review: review.arrowos.net
      E-mail: arrowos.contact
      PayPal: Donate to us
      Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
      1. Audio
      2. Bluetooth
      3. Camera
      4. Dt2w
      5. Display
      6. Torch
      7. Battery/Notification LED
      8. Sensors
      9. Radio, data. networks (2g,3g,4g+volte,vowifi,videocalls)
      10. Refresh rates(120,90,60)
      11. Headset port, charging ports, etc
      12. GPS/Location
      13. SELinux enforcing
      14. Almost everything?
      NOTE:
      • Chrome or some chromium-based browsers lag while scrolling this seems to be an issue with either our device's OEMs changes to their display/graphics hals or configuration. Apparently happens on multiple devices! To fix this issue you can go to chrome://flags (copy-paste/type this to chrome URL text field), search for "Android SurfaceControl" and Disable it.​
      WHAT DOESN'T WORK ?
      1. You tell us.​
      Be sure to include a log: check how to

DOWNLOADS
      Click here to Download
      Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
      • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
      • Unlock the bootloader
      • Transfer ROM to internal storage
      • Install any suitable recovery
      • Flash ROM zip file
      • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
      • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy

Read our blog article/post about:
      * HOW-TO report a bug
      * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
      * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Kernel Source: MIUI 12.0.6.0

ROM Firmware Required: MINIMUM: MIUI 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0 vendor+firmware.
      Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
      BTC: 1E8SdYFCTfCkqagYtDhR4E4Y8m4xmby9z4
      You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
      A1: Multiple ways but here's the easiest one, flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application.

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
      A2: As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
      This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
      (In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.
      Thanks to Worldwide and multiverse (TG) for helping me debugging these builds
      Fixes/Changes done for next build/update:
      - Yellow tint on screen
      - Lowers vibration intensity to a decent level
      - Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.
      - Fix Recents Overview sluggishness
      - Ship GCamGoPrebuilt instead of AOSP camera2
      - Other minor improvements and fixes.
      BTW, Incase anyone wasn't aware you can see last 24 hour active/installs statistics here:
      vayu is now under top10

Changes for Next update:
      Fixed WFD showing green screen while casting to laptop
      Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
      BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (or lets some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.
      I am not using the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen
      "Be safe than sorry"