• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM] [OFFICIAL] ArrowOS 11.0 [android-11.0][vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

0b4

May 8, 2012
I'm still on 07.09 and ghost touches are more frequent. It's getting to the point where I need to change to another version of Arrow, or another rom, or god forbid me, but back to MIUI 😅 I don't know what happened, in the past 2 months I never had any problem with ghost touching, but in the last 2-3 weeks I get it a lot. Random touches are registered like crazy fast and to stop them you need to lock the screen with the power button. It's not nice when at 3 am my phone just "come to life", going into messenger on its own and video phoning a random ppl on my chat list. What do you recommend? Other than smashing my phone with a hammer 😅

Reactions: Luigi_2

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
How does performance feel compared to the non OSS builds? I'm still on the 9/7 build
Apart some known bugs is close, and stable, but if you are fine with 07.09 stay with this build and do not upgrade atm. OSS vendor still in development and as the dev said it still have some Xiaomi code inside, was not completely custom yet.

What do you recommend? Other than smashing my phone with a hammer 😅

There still are some bugs in the last oss vendor build, but maybe an upgrade can solve the ghost issues since some people report that can be an app conflict apart the firmware. Try it, is functional and almost perfect. Indeed 07.09 is a bit better in terms of bugs but last oss builds aren't bad either, at least for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: adrianjchi

gzabka

Jan 16, 2018
Came from 0723 version.

Backup with Swift Backup, clean flash, latest firmware and Arrow Gapps 0817.

Everything seems to be working fine. Had to install 2 apks again (bank + waze), but all looking good.

Might be just my head, but I'm noticing a big battery improvement too.

Reactions: kd276
Nov 19, 2015
New update is available!
17/08/2021

Changelogs:
- Update ru and uk-rUA devicesettings translations
- Enable the pre-rendering feature
- Address some sepolicy logspam
- Set default dalvik heap values to apply on GSI/DSU using arrow_vayu vendor.
- Add missing surfaceflinger and SSR props

(17/08/2021 also fixes the DT2W issues on yesterday's update)
^ This is not a full changelogs, please check device repositories and source changelogs for all the changes made from the last date of update.

Donate:
Paypal: ArrowOS | kubersharma001
UPI: [email protected]

hello @kubersharma001, really thanks for your incredible work with bringing arrow to poco x3 pro and polishing it so much i think it's the shiniest rom I've ever used.

i got a question, is it possible to tinker with the camera 2 api implementation with the current sources, like say, add 60,60 to the target fps ranges? since, if i'm understanding it right, we're using custom vendor and kernel now?

hakkai999

Jun 25, 2010
Mandaue
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I'm still on 07.09 and ghost touches are more frequent. It's getting to the point where I need to change to another version of Arrow, or another rom, or god forbid me, but back to MIUI 😅 I don't know what happened, in the past 2 months I never had any problem with ghost touching, but in the last 2-3 weeks I get it a lot. Random touches are registered like crazy fast and to stop them you need to lock the screen with the power button. It's not nice when at 3 am my phone just "come to life", going into messenger on its own and video phoning a random ppl on my chat list. What do you recommend? Other than smashing my phone with a hammer 😅
I haven't had any issues with ghost touches ever since I did what kd276 suggested which was a clean wipe from Xiaomi.eu. I'm not sure when it'll be "fixed" natively so I'm not updating yet.

Reactions: kd276 and bbogdi

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
New firmware for Poco X3 Pro, EEA 12.5.2.0 available.

Downloading and will test it.

edit
Upgrade firmware to EEA 12.5.2.0 via twrp succeed, wipe dalvik/cache, reboot, no issues at all.

Last edited:

hakkai999

Jun 25, 2010
Mandaue
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
New firmware for Poco X3 Pro, EEA 12.5.2.0 available.

Downloading and will test it.

edit
Upgrade firmware to EEA 12.5.2.0 via twrp succeed, wipe dalvik/cache, reboot, no issues at all.
Give it a while and play some games that require you to swipe a lot. Maybe go for CoD Mobile and stuff. Let me know how it goes.

Also does updating ArrowOS update the firmware and makes the ghost touch come back?

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
Give it a while and play some games that require you to swipe a lot. Maybe go for CoD Mobile and stuff. Let me know how it goes.

Also does updating ArrowOS update the firmware and makes the ghost touch come back?
Can't test in this way since i do not play games on my device, i use as daily phone not as console, sorry about that. :D

Anyway, i noticed no difference whatsoever, at least for my usage is working great.

jorgeepelos

Feb 11, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
like crdroid, i have ghosting when calling someone, dont know why, but happens, with only 20 apps installed, no more, fresh and clean install, formatted data...., after do the first try call to test if this rom have ghostings for me, you can see it
have to move to .eu to get freedom ghostings, hope that you devs, fix some day, because too many roms, too much roms with this same problem
maybe im only, but this thing happends, and cant use a custom rom with no ghostings........................
check yourself
ghosting starts at sec 0:50, pretty sad...
tried dot os and had not any ghostings...

Attachments

• screen-20210819-120901.mp4
    17.4 MB · Views: 0

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
like crdroid, i have ghosting when calling someone, dont know why, but happens, with only 20 apps installed, no more, fresh and clean install, formatted data...., after do the first try call to test if this rom have ghostings for me, you can see it
have to move to .eu to get freedom ghostings, hope that you devs, fix some day, because too many roms, too much roms with this same problem
maybe im only, but this thing happends, and cant use a custom rom with no ghostings........................
check yourself
ghosting starts at sec 0:50, pretty sad...
tried dot os and had not any ghostings...
I tried and cannot replicate this so i doubt it's the ROM. It must be either firmware or HW issue. I'm on EEA 12.5.1.0 btw.

Reactions: kd276

Colonelex

Aug 16, 2021
Updated to 19 August patch. Nothing seems wrong though my alarm activated on its own on my first reboot after flashing.

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
Didn't notice, but there is a new build 19.08.2021. Testing just now.

edit
Nothing to add, just some system app upgrades.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Will Arrowos 11 still be maintained after Arrowos 12 come out? There hasnt been any new commit since Nov 11.
    Hope so, A12 have some issues atm.
    Yeah, I tried A12 for a couple of days but reverted back to A11. Some transitions felt sluggish in A12 and it really bothered me.
    You guys are really desperate if you believe ghost touches are related to firmware or software in general, it is a hardware issue stop fooling yourself.
    And it's not even matter of touch panel manufacturer because it happens on both Tianma and Huaxing, it's just poor manufacturing process during assembly / poor quality control (or lack of it) and most likely some issues with grounding i had exactly same problem on Mi9 Lite before and if you google it tons of other Xiaomi / Poco phones have same problem aswell. And ofcourse Xiaomi will never admit it's hardware problem because they would have to repair/replace/refund every single phone with this issue which is huge money loss for them so instead they will be fooling people that they are working on firmware fix indefinitely and when your warranty runs out then they will say "oh well we tried" i mean you get what you pay for - top specification but **** quality, budget camera, non-existant support and laughable software, that's Xiaomi for you.
    Instead of wasting time and hoping for magic go RMA your phone before warranty runs out.
    I never had a random restart on Arrow 11. Are you using stock ROM without any mods? (Magisk, custom Kernel etc.)
    Currently i have over 240 hours uptime without restart and it would be more if not an update lol.
    Hope so, A12 have some issues atm.
    Yeah, I tried A12 for a couple of days but reverted back to A11. Some transitions felt sluggish in A12 and it really bothered me.
    Updated to 31/10 patch. Banking app still not working for me.

31/10 still error with add card to Google pay
    Guess the only way to address these types of issues is to do a full reset, install the latest ROM from scratch again and then try use the Bank/GPay types of apps.
    If the issue persists then roll back to the last working ROM (reinstall from scratch) with those apps.

Sharing the results might actually help the developer @kubersharma to be able to pinpoint the reason of this.

In my own personal case the Gpay/Bank app stopped working with Magisk installed on 8th Oct build even though the Safetynet passed Basic checks. Even after removing the Magisk completely the apps didn't work.
    However after removing Magisk twice via TWRP and removing apps, GPay reinstall started working, but my bank App still refuses to work.
    Since then I have updated to 14 Oct ROM via system updater and the status remains same.

Thanks.
    2021-10-31 OTA download file not found...

Is anybody able to download the latest GApps version?
    click on archive, the different versions are there
    logo.png

ArrowOS for POCO X3 PRO (vayu|bhima)

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    1. Audio
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Camera
    4. Dt2w
    5. Display
    6. Torch
    7. Battery/Notification LED
    8. Sensors
    9. Radio, data. networks (2g,3g,4g+volte,vowifi etc)
    10. Refresh rates(120,90,60)
    11. Headset port, charging ports, etc
    12. GPS/Location
    13. Almost everything?
    NOTE:
    • ArrowOS ships with source compiled vendor and odm partitions.​
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK ?
    1. You tell us.​
    Be sure to include a log: check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    FIRST INSTALL?:
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy
    FLASHING UPDATES?:
    • Download via OTA Updater and let it automatically install; OR
    • Download an update, transfer to internal/external storage (always check file sha256)
    • Flash ROM zip and reboot.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_vayu

ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 12.5.2.0 global or you can use any latest R firmware from your region as well (firmware only)
    Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    UPI: [email protected]
    You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
    A1: Flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application OR Download from arrowos.net [codename: vayu] boot to TWRP and flash it; if you are using ArrowOS recovery, copy build zip to external storage (sdcard, USB otg etc) and install via "Apply system update option"
    If you are on PC, you can also use adb sideload while being on recovery

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
    A2
    : As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
    This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
    (In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Q3: Facing ghost touch issues on your device?
    A3:
    This issue has been recognized by Xiaomi as a fault in their MIUI firmware, I am not yet sure if this is completely a hardware fault or just a firmware fault with specific variants
    I have an Indian 8/128 variant and I never faced such issues.
    Since Xiaomi does not release newer changes done to the kernel source, we are stuck with the initial R source release hence we don't know what changes they made to fix it on MIUI if they ever did
    But, some people have fixed ghost touch issues by :
    * Flashing MIUI 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0 full MIUI rom, booting to it, setup up everything (like registering the fingerprint, etc), and then moving to custom ROMs.

[* Using 120hz? (not confirm but 2 users have suggested doing this has solved sluggish touch issues for them)]

If this method works for you do not update firmware unless you are sure that will work
    This is not a global issue, only a limited number of people face it!
    Also, users have faced ghost touch issues on MIUI 12.5.3.0+ versions aswell, so this is not something custom from related! It is hardware/firmware level

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.

You can chat with me on Telegram: https://t.me/kubersharma001chat
    Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
    BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (at least vayu, surya etc for sure) (or lets say some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.

I am not saying the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen, so my removal of this feature on vayu is just a safe play till we know something better
    "Be safe than sorry"
    Fixes/Changes done for next build/update:
    - Yellow tint on screen
    - Lowers vibration intensity to a decent level
    - Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.
    - Fix Recents Overview sluggishness
    - Ship GCamGoPrebuilt instead of AOSP camera2
    - Other minor improvements and fixes.
    BTW, Incase anyone wasn't aware you can see last 24 hour active/installs statistics here:
    vayu is now under top10

Changes for Next update:
    Fixed WFD showing green screen while casting to laptop