Development [ROM] [OFFICIAL] ArrowOS 11.0 [android-11.0][vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
Hi Kuber, is still maintained or we need to move to A12? As i said is ok to have at least a security update once a month, but if there will be no more updates then i can install A12 too, no problem. We need to know if this is the case or not. Thank you.

Reactions: Colonelex

Kosh_swe

Nov 17, 2012
Sthlm
LG Optimus G
Huawei Nexus 6P
Wonderfull VANILLA rom, :) using it with Magisk and MinMicroG-NoGoolag, fast startup and no pesky background connections so far (using afwall+ donate version), i did debloat Arrow stats (sry) / Bookmark Provider, intent verification service & "google assistant", I also uninstalled Duckduckgo + Calender + Gallery as system apps and reinstalled them as normal apps so they could be uppgraded via F-Droid, the inbuilt camera can't be updated either but I will go custom GCam / Opencam so no issue there.

There is one issue/bug i encountered so far, when installing apps from F-Droid / APK manager / etc the app icons ends up on Home Screen, but when installing apps from Aurora Store the apps do not add themself to the Home Screen!

"Add app icons to Home Screen" in ArrowOS settings = enabled.

I've tested another launcher (Lawnchair) and that one adds the apps without any issue from Aurora Store to the home screen!

Has anyone else encountered this?

edit: tested nova(7) launcher and it has the same issue as arrowos launcher, weird that Lawnchair works, it hasnt been updated since 2019.
edit2: LOGS

Attachments

• homescreen_bug.txt
    746.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Juliogfg

Jan 21, 2022
Is it normal for the phone's charging time to increase after installing arow OS? Before, I loaded my cell phone in the factory version from 0 to 100% in 40 min, 40 min passed and from 0 to 40% in this new rom.

kubersharma001

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
New Delhi , India
New update dated 21-01-2022 is out with January security tags, misc changes and improvements.

ROM changelogs can be seen here:

ArrowOS | Changelog

You can download builds from:
ArrowOS - Downloads
(select arrow-11.0 and your build type. vanilla/gapps under official section)

NOTE
- Works with ANY MIUI R firmware (12.0.x.0 to 12.5.x.0)
- You can use ArrowOS Recovery (https://sourceforge.net/projects/kubersharma001/files/vayu/ArrowOS-recovery/) or other custom recoveries like TWRP etc.

If you like my work, please consider donating it helps me in many ways to continue such a hobby:
Paypal
: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/kubersharma001
UPI: [email protected]

Ponder Stibbons

Nov 1, 2011
Dear kubersharma,

many thanks for your great work. I am using this beautiful ROM since summer 2021 and so far I had no problems with it. All apps I use are from F-Droid store.

Since Arrow 11 Version from December 2021 I have a problem with "Simple Mobile Tools Calendar" app and "Simple Mobile Tools Gallery" app. Both apps are included in your ROM. I cannot update both apps anymore. The update procedure in F-Droid failed with "wrong signature" or something like that. When I install the app via adb command I get the follwing error message.

$ adb install com.simplemobiletools.calendar.pro_212.apk
Performing Streamed Install
adb: failed to install com.simplemobiletools.calendar.pro_212.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE: Package com.simplemobiletools.calendar.pro signatures do not match previously installed version; ignoring!]

What can I do to fix the error?

Last edited:

Ramesh006

Jan 15, 2014
Wonderfull VANILLA rom, :) using it with Magisk and MinMicroG-NoGoolag, fast startup and no pesky background connections so far (using afwall+ donate version), i did debloat Arrow stats (sry) / Bookmark Provider, intent verification service & "google assistant", I also uninstalled Duckduckgo + Calender + Gallery as system apps and reinstalled them as normal apps so they could be uppgraded via F-Droid, the inbuilt camera can't be updated either but I will go custom GCam / Opencam so no issue there.

There is one issue/bug i encountered so far, when installing apps from F-Droid / APK manager / etc the app icons ends up on Home Screen, but when installing apps from Aurora Store the apps do not add themself to the Home Screen!

"Add app icons to Home Screen" in ArrowOS settings = enabled.

I've tested another launcher (Lawnchair) and that one adds the apps without any issue from Aurora Store to the home screen!

Has anyone else encountered this?

edit: tested nova(7) launcher and it has the same issue as arrowos launcher, weird that Lawnchair works, it hasnt been updated since 2019.
edit2: LOGS
im also using vanilla version and flashed nikgapps. then used d/gapps app from fdroid to instantly enable or disable gapps. this way is even better than microg you will get logged in all google apps instantly when you need them in my opinion because i use gapps very less. those gallery apps also get updated when we receive new os update i think.

Hello friends, I hope you can help me quickly, I probably accidentally deleted the persists partition, which is why some of the most important sensors are no longer working. Unfortunately, I can't find a persist.img file for the Poco X 3 pro that I could flash anywhere on the net☹ Where should I get it from??

gringo80

Account currently disabled
Jun 8, 2018
Hello friends, I hope you can help me quickly, I probably accidentally deleted the persists partition, which is why some of the most important sensors are no longer working. Unfortunately, I can't find a persist.img file for the Poco X 3 pro that I could flash anywhere on the net☹ Where should I get it from??
persist.img is always an empty image in all firmwares for all devices !!!

You must flash the "latest" fastboot firmware according to your region (india, europe or global ... etc)

Don't use mixed regions (check your smartphone box)

You must relock the bootloader to reset your /persist partition as a new device !

(Don't forget to restore your DRM keys too after booting MIUI ... before installing any custom rom)

Reactions: juergen46
persist.img is always an empty image in all firmwares for all devices !!!

You must flash the "latest" fastboot firmware according to your region (india, europe or global ... etc)

Don't use mixed regions (check your smartphone box)

You must relock the bootloader to reset your /persist partition as a new device !

(Don't forget to restore your DRM keys too after booting MIUI ... before installing any custom rom)

how can this img file then be responsible for the sensors? In many forums it is written that this img file has to be flashed again so that the sensors work again and it worked again for almost everyone after flashing the persist.img again?

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
how can this img file then be responsible for the sensors? In many forums it is written that this img file has to be flashed again so that the sensors work again and it worked again for almost everyone after flashing the persist.img again?
/persist partition is specific for each device ... persist.img in the firmware is empty and is written when you boot your device the first time.

You must return to the factory state :
LATEST OFFICIAL MIUI + BOOTLOADER LOCKED

/persist partition is specific for each device ... persist.img in the firmware is empty and is written when you boot your device the first time.

You must return to the factory state :
LATEST OFFICIAL MIUI + BOOTLOADER LOCKED
must i relock the bootloader first bevor i flash the EU ROM or after flashing? By Samsung Devices wehn you lock the bootloader and boot after your Device dosn'nt start

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
must i relock the bootloader first bevor i flash the EU ROM or after flashing? By Samsung Devices wehn you lock the bootloader and boot after your Device dosn'nt start
NO, use mi flash tool in fastboot mode :
look at the bottom, there is an option to relock the bootloader after flashing the firmware.

Be very careful to choose the right firmware for your variant !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for POCO X3 PRO (vayu|bhima)

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    1. Audio
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Camera
    4. Dt2w
    5. Display
    6. Torch
    7. Battery/Notification LED
    8. Sensors
    9. Radio, data. networks (2g,3g,4g+volte,vowifi etc)
    10. Refresh rates(120,90,60)
    11. Headset port, charging ports, etc
    12. GPS/Location
    13. Almost everything?
    NOTE:
    • ArrowOS ships with source compiled vendor and odm partitions.​
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK ?
    1. You tell us.​
    Be sure to include a log: check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    FIRST INSTALL?:
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy
    FLASHING UPDATES?:
    • Download via OTA Updater and let it automatically install; OR
    • Download an update, transfer to internal/external storage (always check file sha256)
    • Flash ROM zip and reboot.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_vayu

ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 12.5.2.0 global or you can use any latest R firmware from your region as well (firmware only)
    Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    UPI: [email protected]
    You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
    A1: Flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application OR Download from arrowos.net [codename: vayu] boot to TWRP and flash it; if you are using ArrowOS recovery, copy build zip to external storage (sdcard, USB otg etc) and install via "Apply system update option"
    If you are on PC, you can also use adb sideload while being on recovery

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
    A2
    : As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
    This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
    (In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Q3: Facing ghost touch issues on your device?
    A3:
    This issue has been recognized by Xiaomi as a fault in their MIUI firmware, I am not yet sure if this is completely a hardware fault or just a firmware fault with specific variants
    I have an Indian 8/128 variant and I never faced such issues.
    Since Xiaomi does not release newer changes done to the kernel source, we are stuck with the initial R source release hence we don't know what changes they made to fix it on MIUI if they ever did
    But, some people have fixed ghost touch issues by :
    * Flashing MIUI 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0 full MIUI rom, booting to it, setup up everything (like registering the fingerprint, etc), and then moving to custom ROMs.

[* Using 120hz? (not confirm but 2 users have suggested doing this has solved sluggish touch issues for them)]

If this method works for you do not update firmware unless you are sure that will work
    This is not a global issue, only a limited number of people face it!
    Also, users have faced ghost touch issues on MIUI 12.5.3.0+ versions aswell, so this is not something custom from related! It is hardware/firmware level

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.

You can chat with me on Telegram: https://t.me/kubersharma001

You can check out my blog post on pocox3pro:
    Why Encryption is important on Custom ROMs, have a read:
    Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
    BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (at least vayu, surya etc for sure) (or lets say some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.

I am not saying the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen, so my removal of this feature on vayu is just a safe play till we know something better
    "Be safe than sorry"
    Fixes/Changes done for next build/update:
    - Yellow tint on screen
    - Lowers vibration intensity to a decent level
    - Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.
    - Fix Recents Overview sluggishness
    - Ship GCamGoPrebuilt instead of AOSP camera2
    - Other minor improvements and fixes.
    BTW, Incase anyone wasn't aware you can see last 24 hour active/installs statistics here:
    vayu is now under top10

Changes for Next update:
    Fixed WFD showing green screen while casting to laptop