Development [ROM] [OFFICIAL] ArrowOS 11.0 [android-11.0][vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

flatronics

Nov 29, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi Guys, been using this ROM for more or less 18hrs now. It's been performing great and no issue so far.

My question is, is there a way to add auto hide function on the NAV BAR?

Thanks so much for your tips, but thank goodness I found another solution that is so simple that you may not believe it and especially the bootloader did not have to be locked.
I got myself an official Fastboot tgz firmware, unpacked it and simply flashed the persist.img file with TWRP, rebooted and lo and behold, all sensors work again and that without closing the bootloader.
Thanks for your help though, even though I didn't follow your tips you guys are still the best support when it comes down to it.

I wish everyone a nice Sunday, mine is now thank God also saved :)

gringo80

Account currently disabled
Jun 8, 2018
Thanks so much for your tips, but thank goodness I found another solution that is so simple that you may not believe it and especially the bootloader did not have to be locked.
I got myself an official Fastboot tgz firmware, unpacked it and simply flashed the persist.img file with TWRP, rebooted and lo and behold, all sensors work again and that without closing the bootloader.
Thanks for your help though, even though I didn't follow your tips you guys are still the best support when it comes down to it.

I wish everyone a nice Sunday, mine is now thank God also saved :)
Check your DRM keys now, i think you didn't get it !

ArttuH5N1

Apr 2, 2018
I installed ArrowOS 11 (with gapps) on my Poco X3 Pro yesterday. I had some false starts and some figuring out to do, it wasn't a smooth process but that's my own fault for not following the guides properly. First time I was stuck on a boot screen and it would just no go anywhere (waited for an hour) but after that I installed TWRP again, wiped everything, installed ArrowOS etc. and everything worked. Don't know what I managed to screw up the first time.

This ROM seems very smooth and responsive, of course I've only had a short time to test everything out. Coming from MIUI latest, the interface seemed a bit barebones and less "fancy" than that, but I think that's the point and it's growing on me. Also it's of course massively less bloated which is just what I wanted. MIUI looked nice but it had so much going on, everything asking for consent to access my personal information, a lot of apps I didn't want or need that i couldn't remove and so on. ArrowOS is very clean and with a lot of customization options for stuff I need.

The camera quality seems somewhat poorer compared to before ,with a quick test. Not a big deal for me and I hear that Gcam can help a lot there, so that's something I need to take a look at later.

The touch controls were interesting, but one thing I was wondering with the gesture navigation that's on default. Is there a way to disable left side swipe? Many apps some sort of drawer that is visible by swiping from the left (the files app for example) and I don't seem to be able to get them to show with a swipe from left when the gesture control is on, without the dead zone setting. But with the dead zone setting, I still have a lot of accidental swipes back. Of course the drawer still shows up by pressing the top left "hamburger button" but that's a bit inconvenient IMO. If there was a way to disable swiping from left and only have it on for swiping from right and bottom, to me the gesture control would be a lot better.

Kosh_swe

Nov 17, 2012
Sthlm
LG Optimus G
Huawei Nexus 6P
Dear kubersharma,

many thanks for your great work. I am using this beautiful ROM since summer 2021 and so far I had no problems with it. All apps I use are from F-Droid store.

Since Arrow 11 Version from December 2021 I have a problem with "Simple Mobile Tools Calendar" app and "Simple Mobile Tools Gallery" app. Both apps are included in your ROM. I cannot update both apps anymore. The update procedure in F-Droid failed with "wrong signature" or something like that. When I install the app via adb command I get the follwing error message.

What can I do to fix the error?
Everyone have that issue, it's because he uses releases from google market and not f-droid, simply uninstall them as system apps, restart your phone then install them from F-Droid and it works fine! :) (This goes for duckduckgo, calendar and gallery apps they are all in SYS).
I don't know why the dev wants them in SYS to begin with? (1 thing doh, every OTA it will be overwritten back to sys so you need to do the same thing all over again which can be tedious, so make sure back up events in calender etc).

Kosh_swe

Nov 17, 2012
Sthlm
LG Optimus G
Huawei Nexus 6P
Wonderfull VANILLA rom, :) using it with Magisk and MinMicroG-NoGoolag, fast startup and no pesky background connections so far (using afwall+ donate version), i did debloat Arrow stats (sry) / Bookmark Provider, intent verification service & "google assistant", I also uninstalled Duckduckgo + Calender + Gallery as system apps and reinstalled them as normal apps so they could be uppgraded via F-Droid, the inbuilt camera can't be updated either but I will go custom GCam / Opencam so no issue there.

There is one issue/bug i encountered so far, when installing apps from F-Droid / APK manager / etc the app icons ends up on Home Screen, but when installing apps from Aurora Store the apps do not add themself to the Home Screen!

"Add app icons to Home Screen" in ArrowOS settings = enabled.

I've tested another launcher (Lawnchair) and that one adds the apps without any issue from Aurora Store to the home screen!

Has anyone else encountered this?

edit: tested nova(7) launcher and it has the same issue as arrowos launcher, weird that Lawnchair works, it hasnt been updated since 2019.
edit2: LOGS
@kubersharma Evening, i know you are probably busy with alot of projects and people wanting help, may i ask if u had the time to review the log for the apps not automaticly adding to homescreen from aurora store? Could you reproduce it?

Did anyone else experience this bug?

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
@kubersharma Evening, i know you are probably busy with alot of projects and people wanting help, may i ask if u had the time to review the log for the apps not automaticly adding to homescreen from aurora store? Could you reproduce it?

Did anyone else experience this bug?
If you found a bug and want to report it, you should use the bug report page on gitlab and attack the log there. Dev do not read much this forum.

Reactions: Kosh_swe

mackeev

Jan 3, 2014
a quick question for users of this ROM: is there Hand Wave option in Ambient Display (or anywhere)? Is it working?

xAxB

Mar 9, 2017
Does anyone has issues where some AR application do not work properly and you only get a black screen as if the camera isn't working (even though permission to the camera is enabled?).

Example of application where I ran into that issue is ARLOOPA: AR Camera Scanner App

When I try to add an object into "reality", I can see the object, but the background (what the camera should see) is completely black.

I have also had the issue in a game which works fine on a stock ROM on a Samsung Tablet.

kubersharma001

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
New Delhi , India
Everyone have that issue, it's because he uses releases from google market and not f-droid, simply uninstall them as system apps, restart your phone then install them from F-Droid and it works fine! :) (This goes for duckduckgo, calendar and gallery apps they are all in SYS).
I don't know why the dev wants them in SYS to begin with? (1 thing doh, every OTA it will be overwritten back to sys so you need to do the same thing all over again which can be tedious, so make sure back up events in calender etc).
We use direct developer releases from their github source repos/releases not from Fdroid, (fyi, fdroid builds are differently signed with their keys and so are play store one's)

ksonschoen

May 21, 2021
I tried to change my Bluetooth-MAC address on AOS11, when I changed it in data/vendor/mac_addr/bt.mac and restarted, it got me a randomized bluetooth MAC.

Now i tried
adb shell getprop | grep mac
as that was something someone told me to do, but I haven't got a success.

How can I change my BT MAC-Address?

snminhduc

Feb 7, 2022
Hi! Can I flash this rom from PEUI rom or do i have to flash miui firmware fisrt since i'm currently using PEUI Rom? Device: vayu. Firmware 12.5.4.0

r0tati0n

Jun 30, 2015
Is it possible to adjust the Nav Bar buttons on the 3 button bar?
I would like to have the back button on the right, instead of left.

NEEEEEVERMIND....
That setting in in Buttons, not in Gestures.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is this ArrowOS 11 Project dead, because the last security patch is from Feb 2022??
    Let's hope nothing's dead, though our fine dev @kubersharma001 seems more busy with the 12.x branch, as the craze is mostly with the latest is the greatest, people demanding etc...

Anyhow hope he finds time and space to release on the stable 11... Better late than never, more so when the last built leaves not much to desire, except of the security updates.
    Sadly it is indeed deprecated, but you don't usually need all the security patches.
    Last few final builds are quite stable and good to use for android 11 users.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for POCO X3 PRO (vayu|bhima)

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    1. Audio
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Camera
    4. Dt2w
    5. Display
    6. Torch
    7. Battery/Notification LED
    8. Sensors
    9. Radio, data. networks (2g,3g,4g+volte,vowifi etc)
    10. Refresh rates(120,90,60)
    11. Headset port, charging ports, etc
    12. GPS/Location
    13. Almost everything?
    NOTE:
    • ArrowOS ships with source compiled vendor and odm partitions.​
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK ?
    1. You tell us.​
    Be sure to include a log: check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    FIRST INSTALL?:
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy
    FLASHING UPDATES?:
    • Download via OTA Updater and let it automatically install; OR
    • Download an update, transfer to internal/external storage (always check file sha256)
    • Flash ROM zip and reboot.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_vayu

ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 12.5.2.0 global or you can use any latest R firmware from your region as well (firmware only)
    Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    UPI: [email protected]
    You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
    A1: Flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application OR Download from arrowos.net [codename: vayu] boot to TWRP and flash it; if you are using ArrowOS recovery, copy build zip to external storage (sdcard, USB otg etc) and install via "Apply system update option"
    If you are on PC, you can also use adb sideload while being on recovery

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
    A2
    : As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
    This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
    (In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Q3: Facing ghost touch issues on your device?
    A3:
    This issue has been recognized by Xiaomi as a fault in their MIUI firmware, I am not yet sure if this is completely a hardware fault or just a firmware fault with specific variants
    I have an Indian 8/128 variant and I never faced such issues.
    Since Xiaomi does not release newer changes done to the kernel source, we are stuck with the initial R source release hence we don't know what changes they made to fix it on MIUI if they ever did
    But, some people have fixed ghost touch issues by :
    * Flashing MIUI 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0 full MIUI rom, booting to it, setup up everything (like registering the fingerprint, etc), and then moving to custom ROMs.

[* Using 120hz? (not confirm but 2 users have suggested doing this has solved sluggish touch issues for them)]

If this method works for you do not update firmware unless you are sure that will work
    This is not a global issue, only a limited number of people face it!
    Also, users have faced ghost touch issues on MIUI 12.5.3.0+ versions aswell, so this is not something custom from related! It is hardware/firmware level

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.

You can chat with me on Telegram: https://t.me/kubersharma001

You can check out my blog post on pocox3pro:
    Why Encryption is important on Custom ROMs, have a read:
    Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
    BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (at least vayu, surya etc for sure) (or lets say some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.

I am not saying the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen, so my removal of this feature on vayu is just a safe play till we know something better
    "Be safe than sorry"
    Fixes/Changes done for next build/update:
    - Yellow tint on screen
    - Lowers vibration intensity to a decent level
    - Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.
    - Fix Recents Overview sluggishness
    - Ship GCamGoPrebuilt instead of AOSP camera2
    - Other minor improvements and fixes.
    BTW, Incase anyone wasn't aware you can see last 24 hour active/installs statistics here:
    vayu is now under top10

Changes for Next update:
    Fixed WFD showing green screen while casting to laptop