Development [ROM] [OFFICIAL] ArrowOS 11.0 [android-11.0][vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

Tomo123

Just found this picture... confirms the reasons I am so repulsed by Android 12 and later. Usable screen space is being filled by... what exactly? Useless design, that's what. Arrow OS 11 spoofing free update can't come soon enough.

Attachments

• 1662065535467437.jpg
    1662065535467437.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: kosmatyj

blackkzero

May 6, 2011
hi, I logged to say, thank you dev for this great ROM. Please continue with its development, I will gladly take a test on new builds. I use my cellphone to work mostly, but I can load a new file from time to time

kosmatyj

Oct 18, 2012
Hey! I would like to know if anyone will be able to help me test arrow-11 builds, I plan to update those because of the recent issue that I came to know of bcuz of PixelPropUtils being mentioned here.
If anyone's up for testing those can reply here or reach me at my telegram group: https://t.me/kubersharma001chat

(for now I am just gathering info of who's up to do it and if there is a 11 userbase wanting it)
arrow-12.1 and arrow-13.0 will already handle these in future updates, but since a11 is deprecated version, it needs special handling.
Any news about test builds? Or you changed your mind?

kubersharma001

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
Ceres
platform source is almost done, now I'll need to make Infra work and ship updates.
Don't worry, I will keep my promise.

test builds has been tested and seems to be super fine to move to production but always remember this is open source community and the work done is a hobby, we planning to release updates on deprecated branch is just based on goodwill. We are not a company or earn any profits out of this (recently encountered people who thought I should become their customer service bcuz he uses my rom)

anyways, arrow-13.0 stable is released (missing lots of feature ports rn)
August patches arrow-12.1 (+ pputils nuked) builds released
arrow-11.0 platform source and testing completed, builds will be ship when Infra is ready.

If you like my work, feel free to donate:

Tomo123

Thank you for the update on the matter. Removing PixelProps is the best move that could've been done for this ROM and community.

Also, huge thanks for providing further updates for Arrow OS 11. It is, truly, a great ROM, if not be the best one available for Poco X3 PRO.

EDIT: Will the next Arrow OS 11 update be "dirty flash" compatible?

Considering Google's design regressions in A12 and A13, and some blatantly stupid decisions, I don't see them on my phones in the future, but I will always download future updates for Arrow OS 12.1, to have them "on the ready", just in case.

Reactions: glock24

kubersharma001

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
Ceres
Latest arrow-11.0 builds are released with September Security patches!

www.arrowos.net

Instructions: https://kubersharma001.com/index-arrowos-vayu-poco-x3-pro

Should be dirty flashable from previous build

If you like my work and want to support me, please donate whatever you feel like it:

UPI: [email protected] | PayPal
Thank you and enjoy!

Please remember my work is a hobby and shared for the benefit for the community. I don't owe anyone anything nor I make profit from you flashing or downloading these builds. Nor Am I liable for any issues you may face on your device or to any data loss occurred from whatsoever. I am tired of people thinking otherwise and bothering me on my personal emails with their issues.

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2
hello OP, thanks for your perfect work!!.
i'am on arrow 12.1 (latest build + firmware V13.0.3.0.SJUMIXM),
i saw on your blog that i need R fimrware in order to flash arrow 11, so...
Can i flash firmware V12.5.9.0.RJMIXM over V13.0.3.0.SJUMIXM + latest arrow 11 build of yours?
or i could get a brick because of the firmware downgrade?
thanks in advance for your comments and help!!

kosmatyj

Oct 18, 2012
But network mode selection was made in simple presentation... ok.
What app I need to replace to achive an old style as like 4G only, WCDMA only and so on? Its very important for me to select a specific mode, not "Preferable" but specified clearly.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
hello OP, thanks for your perfect work!!.
i'am on arrow 12.1 (latest build + firmware V13.0.3.0.SJUMIXM),
i saw on your blog that i need R fimrware in order to flash arrow 11, so...
Can i flash firmware V12.5.9.0.RJMIXM over V13.0.3.0.SJUMIXM + latest arrow 11 build of yours?
or i could get a brick because of the firmware downgrade?
thanks in advance for your comments and help!!

Android R = Android 11

Firmware downgrade possible or not: check Anti version

For Poco X3 Pro, if you have Anti version 2, it can go back to MIUI V12.5.9.0 or lower.
How to check Anti version: Section 2-Step 11

Backup is most likely required. It's very possible it cannot be dirty flashed to "downgrade".

Last edited:
Reactions: d_g_m_2000

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2
Android R = Android 11

Firmware downgrade possible or not: check Anti version

For Poco X3 Pro, if you have Anti version 2, it can go back to MIUI V12.5.9.0 or lower.
How to check Anti version: Section 2-Step 11

Backup is most likely required. It's very possible it cannot be dirty flashed to "downgrade".
hello!, thanks @pl1992aw for your help... i run "fastboot getvar anti" and got number 2 (like you said) so my plan is:
1 boot in twrp debrassy
2 wipe data (typing yes)
3 flash firmware 12.5.9
4 wipe data (typing yes)
5 flash latest arrow 11 gapps
6 wipe data (typing yes)
7 reboot
do you think if this can work?
thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

Tomo123

I know what I'm doing this weekend! Thank you very much.

EDIT: I have the older ArrowOS 11 VANILLA with OpenGApps Nano package flashed. Will dirty flashing latest VANILLA mess up my current setup? I will probably do a clean flash this weekend. Just curious.

Last edited:

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
hello!, thanks @pl1992aw for your help... i run "fastboot getvar anti" and got number 2 (like you said) so my plan is:
1 boot in twrp debrassy
2 wipe data (typing yes)
3 flash firmware 12.5.9
4 wipe data (typing yes)
5 flash latest arrow 11 gapps
6 wipe data (typing yes)
7 reboot
do you think if this can work?
thanks in advance for your help.

Probably.

If it does not work, try again,
while step 3, flash the whole ROM (the Recovery zip of a few GB),
4 format data,
4.5 boot into MIUI to see if it can be booted, then
5. flash latest arrow 11 gapps
and continue later steps as written.

kosmatyj

Oct 18, 2012
I do not ask the developer to change his build to satisfy my wish, not any more, but I`m trying to find out how should I change current system to achieve the desired result. Without the outside software, but by changing system resources.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I do not ask the developer to change his build to satisfy my wish, not any more, but I`m trying to find out how should I change current system to achieve the desired result. Without the outside software, but by changing system resources.

Not sure if this hidden menu still work, dial in the dialer
Code:
*#*#4636#*#*

1663810505750.png

To build from the source, this may probably help to some extend:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another push to a12.1 and nothing in the changelog, what is happening? 😂
    What's happening is you posting in the wrong thread. Go to Arrow OS 12/13 one.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for POCO X3 PRO (vayu|bhima)

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    1. Audio
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Camera
    4. Dt2w
    5. Display
    6. Torch
    7. Battery/Notification LED
    8. Sensors
    9. Radio, data. networks (2g,3g,4g+volte,vowifi etc)
    10. Refresh rates(120,90,60)
    11. Headset port, charging ports, etc
    12. GPS/Location
    13. Almost everything?
    NOTE:
    • ArrowOS ships with source compiled vendor and odm partitions.​
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK ?
    1. You tell us.​
    Be sure to include a log: check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    FIRST INSTALL?:
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy
    FLASHING UPDATES?:
    • Download via OTA Updater and let it automatically install; OR
    • Download an update, transfer to internal/external storage (always check file sha256)
    • Flash ROM zip and reboot.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_vayu

ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 12.5.2.0 global or you can use any latest R firmware from your region as well (firmware only)
    Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    UPI: [email protected]
    You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
    A1: Flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application OR Download from arrowos.net [codename: vayu] boot to TWRP and flash it; if you are using ArrowOS recovery, copy build zip to external storage (sdcard, USB otg etc) and install via "Apply system update option"
    If you are on PC, you can also use adb sideload while being on recovery

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
    A2
    : As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
    This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
    (In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Q3: Facing ghost touch issues on your device?
    A3:
    This issue has been recognized by Xiaomi as a fault in their MIUI firmware, I am not yet sure if this is completely a hardware fault or just a firmware fault with specific variants
    I have an Indian 8/128 variant and I never faced such issues.
    Since Xiaomi does not release newer changes done to the kernel source, we are stuck with the initial R source release hence we don't know what changes they made to fix it on MIUI if they ever did
    But, some people have fixed ghost touch issues by :
    * Flashing MIUI 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0 full MIUI rom, booting to it, setup up everything (like registering the fingerprint, etc), and then moving to custom ROMs.

[* Using 120hz? (not confirm but 2 users have suggested doing this has solved sluggish touch issues for them)]

If this method works for you do not update firmware unless you are sure that will work
    This is not a global issue, only a limited number of people face it!
    Also, users have faced ghost touch issues on MIUI 12.5.3.0+ versions aswell, so this is not something custom from related! It is hardware/firmware level

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.

You can chat with me on Telegram: https://t.me/kubersharma001

You can check out my blog post on pocox3pro:
    Why Encryption is important on Custom ROMs, have a read:
    Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
    BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (at least vayu, surya etc for sure) (or lets say some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.

I am not saying the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen, so my removal of this feature on vayu is just a safe play till we know something better
    "Be safe than sorry"
    Fixes/Changes done for next build/update:
    - Yellow tint on screen
    - Lowers vibration intensity to a decent level
    - Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.
    - Fix Recents Overview sluggishness
    - Ship GCamGoPrebuilt instead of AOSP camera2
    - Other minor improvements and fixes.

www.arrowos.net

Instructions: https://kubersharma001.com/index-arrowos-vayu-poco-x3-pro

Should be dirty flashable from previous build

If you like my work and want to support me, please donate whatever you feel like it:

UPI: [email protected] | PayPal
    Thank you and enjoy!

Please remember my work is a hobby and shared for the benefit for the community. I don't owe anyone anything nor I make profit from you flashing or downloading these builds. Nor Am I liable for any issues you may face on your device or to any data loss occurred from whatsoever. I am tired of people thinking otherwise and bothering me on my personal emails with their issues.