Development [ROM] [OFFICIAL] ArrowOS 11.0 [android-11.0][vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

Tomo123

Just dirty flashed latest AOS11 over the old one with PixelProps, and it seems to work nicely.

Booted into TWRP, wiped Dalvik/cache, flashed latest ROM ( vanilla), flashed latest OpenGApps Pico for Android 11, reflashed Magisk 25.1, wiped Dalvik/cache yet again. Rebooted.

Cleared complete storage of Play Services and Play Store, re-enabled some GMS services that were disabled because of PixelProps update issue, removed host blocked Google system update domains and... hell yeah! No more update issues.

Also, all of my apps seem to work, no issues in about 2 hours of testing... Will keep this post updated if problems arise, but I think Kuber did a great thing on this release.

EDIT: Update issue arose again... Will go for a clean flash...

Last edited:

Tomo123

@kubersharma001 Just a small bug to report... I am unable to launch Emergency wireless alerts from Messages. Logcat pic attached.

When I click on the option, Logcat gets spammed out, but Emergency wireless alerts do not launch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220925-220417.png
    Screenshot_20220925-220417.png
    401.6 KB · Views: 33

ArakiSatoshi

May 11, 2019
Just got a notification about the new update. I tried to install it the usual way just as the previous one, download through the Settings, tap install, automatically reboot into TWRP, and wait until it's finished.

This time it went "updating partition tables" for about 15 seconds, then for a split second it showed red text I didn't read in time, and it aborted the installation. With a shaky hand, I rebooted into the system that thankfully booted up normally. What was that?

Viggen66

Mar 22, 2009
Why do people believe that a software just because it has a higher number is better than previous, Android 11 is rock solid that's the only thing that matters

Tomo123

Any reason why you prefer Android 11 over Android 12? Thank you,
It all depends what you consider a "good experience", and your user case. Android 12 introduced a number of compatibility issues with root/apps/some older must have apps and magisk modules I use daily, so 12.1 is a no go from me... for now. I have completely customized my phone with everything I need and use, so chasing Android numbers is a total waste of time. And since I am a bit older, I came to appreciate when things JUST WORK as they should ( SSH server with rsync/tunneling, SAMBA/FTP server, network tools, running full blown Linux under Termux, full unobstructed access to external SD card by any app, iptables firewall, hosts ad blocker... and things like that ).

Also, with every new Android version, Google seems to cause more privacy issues, removing more and more user freedom under the disguise of SECURITY, meddling in things I - as a user, don't want them meddling in, and their design regressions are a thorn in my side. Don't get me started on Android 13. It's abysmal! They are chasing Apple, and that's a bad thing. I don't want to be treated like a retard by a company that thinks they know better, catering to the lowest common denominator. Yeah, Android 12 is more battery efficient, my rear! 10 hours of screen on time with Android 11 is hard to beat. Google can take their ROUNDED corners and stuff them where sun don't shine!

11 is the closest I got to ye olde' trusty Android 7, from which everything Google did started going downhill, fast.

Android 11 is rock solid, as mentioned. With the latest update, Kuber did a wonderful job making this rom even better. Really, in my user case... there is no need for anything higher than 11. I may try 12.1 in the future, when it becomes final.

Last edited:

hierarchy666

Jan 24, 2011
Singapore
It's just a question. My point wasn't even the version of Android but the aversion of the new design, that's all.

With that said, I'm having a good experience with Android 12.
Fakegps is buggy on android 12. Smali patcher doesnt work. Work around isnt rock solid on A12 compared to A11. Some of us here still stuck on A11 until F0mey update its smali patcher which is unlikely.

Anyways just tested this A11 latest update. Clean flash. Format data. Everything works fine from here. Im thankful that A11 getting september updates.

Last edited:

EK9tth

Sep 28, 2022
Hello everyone I know we are from country Now we have a lot of problems because my rom file is missing. I run line man, it's very nice file. I'm looking for it Please can someone have it, can I have it please? The file name is arrow-11.0yayu-official-202111111-gapps.zip Thank you

Edit Moderation : Moved to the right thread - Sib64 - Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

EK9tth

Sep 28, 2022
Hello everyone I know we are from country Now we have a lot of problems because my rom file is missing. I run line man, it's very nice file. I'm looking for it Please can someone have it, can I have it please? The file name is arrow-11.0yayu-official-202111111-gapps.zip Thank you

I'm just learning So I still don't understand the format. I'm sorry And thank you for helping me find the room I needed to help in the right way

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019

Arrow-v11.0-vayu-OFFICIAL-20211111-GAPPS.zip

Reactions: EK9tth

kosmatyj

Oct 18, 2012
Hi there! After update from version 20220121 to latest of A11 there is error mounting internal storage. It can be found in /data/media/0 but files are cant be read. How to fix without formatting everything?

UPD: path /mnt/sdcard is unaccessible "sd card is not installed", /mnt/media_rw is empty. In recovery everything present and usable.

Last edited:

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Hi there! After update from version 20220121 to latest of A11 there is error mounting internal storage. It can be found in /data/media/0 but files are cant be read. How to fix without formatting everything?

UPD: path /mnt/sdcard is unaccessible "sd card is not installed", /mnt/media_rw is empty. In recovery everything present and usable.

Reflash 20220121 ROM again to rescue.

2022-02 or 2022-03 version may be possible to dirty flash to latest 2022-09, but can be buggy.

Focus on rescue your data.

Backup manually for safety.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another push to a12.1 and nothing in the changelog, what is happening? 😂
    What's happening is you posting in the wrong thread. Go to Arrow OS 12/13 one.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for POCO X3 PRO (vayu|bhima)

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    1. Audio
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Camera
    4. Dt2w
    5. Display
    6. Torch
    7. Battery/Notification LED
    8. Sensors
    9. Radio, data. networks (2g,3g,4g+volte,vowifi etc)
    10. Refresh rates(120,90,60)
    11. Headset port, charging ports, etc
    12. GPS/Location
    13. Almost everything?
    NOTE:
    • ArrowOS ships with source compiled vendor and odm partitions.​
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK ?
    1. You tell us.​
    Be sure to include a log: check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    FIRST INSTALL?:
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy
    FLASHING UPDATES?:
    • Download via OTA Updater and let it automatically install; OR
    • Download an update, transfer to internal/external storage (always check file sha256)
    • Flash ROM zip and reboot.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_vayu

ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 12.5.2.0 global or you can use any latest R firmware from your region as well (firmware only)
    Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    UPI: [email protected]
    You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
    A1: Flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application OR Download from arrowos.net [codename: vayu] boot to TWRP and flash it; if you are using ArrowOS recovery, copy build zip to external storage (sdcard, USB otg etc) and install via "Apply system update option"
    If you are on PC, you can also use adb sideload while being on recovery

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
    A2
    : As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
    This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
    (In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Q3: Facing ghost touch issues on your device?
    A3:
    This issue has been recognized by Xiaomi as a fault in their MIUI firmware, I am not yet sure if this is completely a hardware fault or just a firmware fault with specific variants
    I have an Indian 8/128 variant and I never faced such issues.
    Since Xiaomi does not release newer changes done to the kernel source, we are stuck with the initial R source release hence we don't know what changes they made to fix it on MIUI if they ever did
    But, some people have fixed ghost touch issues by :
    * Flashing MIUI 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0 full MIUI rom, booting to it, setup up everything (like registering the fingerprint, etc), and then moving to custom ROMs.

[* Using 120hz? (not confirm but 2 users have suggested doing this has solved sluggish touch issues for them)]

If this method works for you do not update firmware unless you are sure that will work
    This is not a global issue, only a limited number of people face it!
    Also, users have faced ghost touch issues on MIUI 12.5.3.0+ versions aswell, so this is not something custom from related! It is hardware/firmware level

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.

You can chat with me on Telegram: https://t.me/kubersharma001

You can check out my blog post on pocox3pro:
    Why Encryption is important on Custom ROMs, have a read:
    Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
    BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (at least vayu, surya etc for sure) (or lets say some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.

I am not saying the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen, so my removal of this feature on vayu is just a safe play till we know something better
    "Be safe than sorry"
    Fixes/Changes done for next build/update:
    - Yellow tint on screen
    - Lowers vibration intensity to a decent level
    - Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.
    - Fix Recents Overview sluggishness
    - Ship GCamGoPrebuilt instead of AOSP camera2
    - Other minor improvements and fixes.
    Latest arrow-11.0 builds are released with September Security patches!

www.arrowos.net

Instructions: https://kubersharma001.com/index-arrowos-vayu-poco-x3-pro

Should be dirty flashable from previous build

If you like my work and want to support me, please donate whatever you feel like it:

UPI: [email protected] | PayPal
    Thank you and enjoy!

Please remember my work is a hobby and shared for the benefit for the community. I don't owe anyone anything nor I make profit from you flashing or downloading these builds. Nor Am I liable for any issues you may face on your device or to any data loss occurred from whatsoever. I am tired of people thinking otherwise and bothering me on my personal emails with their issues.