K001droid

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
Ceres
Changes for next update:
May security patches/ASB
Fixed smart charging denials
Improvements to Ambient Display
Increase reserved partition space on both vanilla (to allow bigger gapps packages to be flashed) and gapps (to allow extra changes to be flashed or to allow survival scripts to work)
Minor changes and fixes

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I'm currently on 12.0.5 EEA ROM. Can I flash it or need to change firmware. I'm new in custom ROMs btw
ArrowOS tells you to use 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0, then do that if you don't want to face issues.

You can try with your 12.0.5.0 EEA ROM, but you may end up with boot-loop or bugs.

You can try and find out.
Many things are just try and error.

Last edited:
Reactions: urbanman2004
ArrowOS tells you to use 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0, then do that if you don't want to face issues.

You can try with your 12.0.5.0 EEA ROM, but you many end up with boot-loop or bugs.

I daily that device so I don't want to boot loop it or something. So I should change my ROM to global

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I daily that device so I don't want to boot loop it or something. So I should change my ROM to global
Firstly
  • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
  • Unlock the bootloader

A) If you enjoy with MIUI ->
either "official ROM global" or "MIUI by xiaomi.eu"

B) If you don't like MIUI, but you want safe use ->
  1. flash either "official ROM global" or "MIUI by xiaomi.eu" version 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0
  2. I consider safe way: boot into MIUI once
  3. Then follow OP post
Instructions
  • Transfer ROM to internal storage
  • Install any suitable recovery
  • Flash ROM zip file
  • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
  • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy
C) If you don't like MIUI, but you are so lazy to flash other firmware/ROM that the developer told you to before flashing ArrowOS/EliteROM/DotOS/etc.->
Instructions
  • Flash ROM zip file

If you follow C), don't complain anything if you boot-loop or have bugs.

Also there is a guide on how to install ArrowOS, you can read it:

Last edited:

K001droid

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
Ceres

You can try with your 12.0.5.0 EEA ROM, but you many end up with boot-loop or bugs.

They should work in my opinion, but since no one has tested them yet, you can try.
You can always come back to 12.0.6.0 global in case those don't work

K001droid

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
Ceres
Now, it seems most of the bugs are squashed so I am pushing the device sources at ArrowOS-Devices org at GitHub in a while: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices?q=vayu

People who see that XiaomiParts strings are not translated can translate them by looking at this: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/.../blob/arrow-11.0/parts/res/values/strings.xml and make a PR
Example: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/...mits/e61a20a116e71fc49a4238cc12bab0c3a40e921c
Also, you can help translate ArrowOS in your lang here: https://crowdin.com/project/arrowos

thanks

Last edited:

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
Does the boot.img file, to be patched with Magisk and flashed in fastboot, change between the various versions that are received via OTA or is it always the same?

You can just flash it the normal way in twrp (by Nebrassy) by renaming the magisk.apk downloaded to magisk.zip.

After ArrowOS is booted up, uninstall the magisk there and reinstall it with magisk.apk and start it.

You can just flash it the normal way in twrp (by Nebrassy) by renaming the magisk.apk downloaded to magisk.zip.

After ArrowOS is booted up, uninstall the magisk there and reinstall it with magisk.apk and start it.

I know how to patch and flash, my question was about the boot.img file.

In these versions the boot.img file is always the same?
2021-05-06
2021-05-05
2021-05-02

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
I know how to patch and flash, my question was about the boot.img file.

In these versions the boot.img file is always the same?
2021-05-06
2021-05-05
2021-05-02

There are 2 ways of installing magisk.

You can install it by flashing the patched boot.img file through fastbootd or just flashing the magisk.zip through recovery (twrp) downloaded from magisk Github. The way I am referring to in my earlier post is the 2nd way which is easier (no need to patch the boot.img). If you want to use the 1st way, the boot.img should be the one in the Arrow which you are going to flash.

Boot.img include kernel which is one of the scope subject to regular update. Best is to patch it based on the copy extracted from the rom which you are going to flash to ensure that you get the latest update.

Last edited:

juv3nal

Changes for next update:
May security patches/ASB
Fixed smart charging denials
Improvements to Ambient Display
Increase reserved partition space on both vanilla (to allow bigger gapps packages to be flashed) and gapps (to allow extra changes to be flashed or to allow survival scripts to work)
Minor changes and fixes
Hi, I'm running the latest version. Where is the ambient display setting please. I can't see it, sorry!

Just tried the latest version, so here's a bit of feedback

1. Menu navigation method is set to gesture mode by default, so I had to set it to 3-button mode.
2. If I decide to run Scrcpy with settings that crop the screen, the screen on the actual phone also crops, I'm not sure if that's intentional.
3. If I have an 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ in DirectInput mode connected through either Bluetooth or USB, the A button does not work at all. This isn't a problem with the stock or Xiaomi.eu ROMs.

Other than that, I do like the performance gains I get with ArrowOS. It's just frustrating that I am unable to use it with emulation.

ianseer

Sep 27, 2010
POCO M3
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Nice rom, so far so good, well done dev...

but, is it just me? Does anyone experiencing live wallpaper (KLWP) doesnt work?

edit:
after restart, it works like a charm apparently...all good!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11588735

How gaming performance and temperature is better ?

seewhy

Feb 5, 2008
Hi nice ROM kubersharma, everything is mostly working, but I find that the refresh rate is stuck at the Maximum all the time. Is it suppose to be like that or it is supposed to vary?
Also is there a way to get XiaoMI camera installed in this ROM?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for POCO X3 PRO (vayu|bhima)

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    1. Audio
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Camera
    4. Dt2w
    5. Display
    6. Torch
    7. Battery/Notification LED
    8. Sensors
    9. Radio, data. networks (2g,3g,4g+volte,vowifi etc)
    10. Refresh rates(120,90,60)
    11. Headset port, charging ports, etc
    12. GPS/Location
    13. Almost everything?
    NOTE:
    • ArrowOS ships with source compiled vendor and odm partitions.​
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK ?
    1. You tell us.​
    Be sure to include a log: check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    FIRST INSTALL?:
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Flash ROM zip file
    FLASHING UPDATES?:
    • Download via OTA Updater and let it automatically install; OR
    • Download an update, transfer to internal/external storage (always check file sha256)
    • Flash ROM zip and reboot.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_vayu

ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 12.5.2.0 global or you can use any latest R firmware from your region as well (firmware only)
    Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    UPI: kubersharma001@kotak
    You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
    A1: Flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application OR Download from arrowos.net [codename: vayu] boot to TWRP and flash it; if you are using ArrowOS recovery, copy build zip to external storage (sdcard, USB otg etc) and install via "Apply system update option"
    If you are on PC, you can also use adb sideload while being on recovery

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
    A2
    : As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
    This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
    (In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Q3: Facing ghost touch issues on your device?
    A3:
    This issue has been recognized by Xiaomi as a fault in their MIUI firmware, I am not yet sure if this is completely a hardware fault or just a firmware fault with specific variants
    I have an Indian 8/128 variant and I never faced such issues.
    Since Xiaomi does not release newer changes done to the kernel source, we are stuck with the initial R source release hence we don't know what changes they made to fix it on MIUI if they ever did
    But, some people have fixed ghost touch issues by :
    * Flashing MIUI 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0 full MIUI rom, booting to it, setup up everything (like registering the fingerprint, etc), and then moving to custom ROMs.

[* Using 120hz? (not confirm but 2 users have suggested doing this has solved sluggish touch issues for them)]

If this method works for you do not update firmware unless you are sure that will work
    This is not a global issue, only a limited number of people face it!
    Also, users have faced ghost touch issues on MIUI 12.5.3.0+ versions aswell, so this is not something custom from related! It is hardware/firmware level

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.

You can chat with me on Telegram: https://t.me/kubersharma001

You can check out my blog post on pocox3pro:
    Why Encryption is important on Custom ROMs, have a read:
    Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
    BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (at least vayu, surya etc for sure) (or lets say some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.

I am not saying the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen, so my removal of this feature on vayu is just a safe play till we know something better
    "Be safe than sorry"
    Fixes/Changes done for next build/update:
    - Yellow tint on screen
    - Lowers vibration intensity to a decent level
    - Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.
    - Fix Recents Overview sluggishness
    - Ship GCamGoPrebuilt instead of AOSP camera2
    - Other minor improvements and fixes.
    Latest arrow-11.0 builds are released with September Security patches!

www.arrowos.net

Instructions: https://kubersharma001.com/index-arrowos-vayu-poco-x3-pro

Should be dirty flashable from previous build

If you like my work and want to support me, please donate whatever you feel like it:

UPI: 001KS001@kotak | PayPal
    Thank you and enjoy!

Please remember my work is a hobby and shared for the benefit for the community. I don't owe anyone anything nor I make profit from you flashing or downloading these builds. Nor Am I liable for any issues you may face on your device or to any data loss occurred from whatsoever. I am tired of people thinking otherwise and bothering me on my personal emails with their issues.