Development [ROM] [OFFICIAL] ArrowOS 11.0 [android-11.0][vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
No, can anyone mention the manufacturer and model so I can see what keylayout is missing

https://xdaforums.com/t/4286369/post-85123533

Ipega PG-9076
A button

screenshot_20210603-062015399-jpg.5328061

Last edited:
May 27, 2021
Don't use pitch black recovery, it cannot decrypt internal storage, so you cannot see anything in internal storage.

Use TWRP mentioned in step 9. It can see internal storage if it's boot from fastboot.

If you have issues, follow that guide completely. You will not face issues out of what was written there mostly.
Thank you for your answer

Just to be sure I don't have to do anything different from the guide right? flashing twrp should overwrite pitch black and I don't need to do anything else?

wertguygywe

Jun 9, 2021
How do I UNINSTALL the non-gapps version and INSTALL the gapps version? The non-gapps version is UNSTABLE and does NOT meet my needs.

I need:
* Google Pay
* Google Maps (GPS)
* Banking apps

These do NOT work on the non-gapps version. This should have been stressed in the guide that it doesn't work.

May 27, 2021
Alright guys, flashed the right TWRP and then went to System -> Updater and clicked on install and it rebooted to TWRP and installed it automatically
Thanks for the help

Feb 9, 2014
You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
A1: Multiple ways but here's the easiest one, flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application.

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
A2: As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
(In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.
Thanks to Worldwide and multiverse (TG) for helping me debugging these builds
Good day, I have flashed the vanilla build but now i want to flash the gapps build but it always fail to flash. What should i do? Thanks

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Good day, I have flashed the vanilla build but now i want to flash the gapps build but it always fail to flash. What should i do? Thanks
may i ask what gapps did u flash on ur vanilla build?

You need to do clean flash and format data.

Once you boot into vanilla, you mostly have problems flashing GApps into it.

Follow here Clean flash: https://xdaforums.com/t/4288121/post-85137963

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
Hello all, i just bought this phone with a special day at MI store Ita (my country), i came from a 2012 Nexus 4 so i don't know much about last devices and updates, even so i have an idea what to do for flashing a custom rom reading some guides here, in this case i want to use Arrow Os VANILLA, since i will install manually the apps i need and avoid all the manufacturer MIUI and bloatware.

So, i need some advice to do this procedure, please tell me if this is correct:

1) Unlock the bootloader using this tool:
miflash_unlock-en-5.5.224.24.zip

2) Wait a week or so

3) Connect the phone to my pc using the usb cable and install standard google usb drivers:

Install the drivers trought device manager under window.

4) Then download adb and fastboot:

Unpack in a folder

5) Flash TWRP

or Arrow recovery

CMD
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery xxxx.img
fastboot boot xxxx.img

6) Reboot into reciovery , format data, flash the ArrowOS VANILLA using the install option.

This is the correct procedure or i need to do more steps before?

For example i need to flash the new firmware and vendor from here?

POCO X3 Pro vayu stable V12.5.1.0.RJUEUXM 11.0 Europe
Download 2021-05-27

Or isn't needed and is already included into the Arrow rom?

7) Download Magisk:

Rename Magisk.apk to Magisk.zip

Thank you if you can give me some tips and advices and if all the procedure is correct.

ps: Didn't found the img recovery on the official TWRP page, but i found that one above compiled by an user called Nebrassy, hope is fine. Orangefox, same, didn't find any official recovery img.

Last edited:

arkonoiid

May 1, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hello all, i just bought this phone with a special day at MI store Ita (my country), i came from a 2012 Nexus 4 so i don't know much about last devices and updates, even so i have an idea what to do for flashing a custom rom reading some guides here, in this case i want to use Arrow Os VANILLA, since i will install manually the apps i need and avoid all the manufacturer MIUI and bloatware.

2) Wait a week or so

3) Connect the phone to my pc using the usb cable and install standard google usb drivers:

Unpack in a folder

5) Flash TWRP

or Arrow recovery

CMD
fastboot devices
fastboot boot xxxx.img

6) Reboot into reciovery , format data, flash the ArrowOS VANILLA using the install option.

Download 2021-05-27

7) Download Magisk:

Thank you if you can give me some tips and advices and if all the procedure is correct.

ps: Didn't found the img recovery on the official TWRP page, but i found that one above compiled by an user called Nebrassy, hope is fine. Orangefox, same, didn't find any official recovery img.

I used this to help me. (warning : they don't use twrp, I think it's better to use twrp)

also about the unlock part, I had a lot of issues with the drivers
after installing many many drivers only one worked and that was the Xiaomi_PC_Suite_3.2.1.3111.zip

you have to unlock via your phone, (they ask for phone number and 4G/LTE mobile data, not wifi)
then you go to the unlocker and you click on unlock and it should show "wait 169hours"
that way you know you can wait and not notice too late that you didn't start the unlock process xD

Last edited:
Reactions: kd276

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019

2) Wait a week or so

Unpack in a folder

5) Flash TWRP

or Arrow recovery

CMD
fastboot devices
fastboot boot xxxx.img

Download 2021-05-27

7) Download Magisk:

Follow this guide with pictures:
https://xdaforums.com/t/4288121/

With pictures, you can simulate all the process mentioned.

You don't really need to worry about typing codes or commands. Mostly just click, wait and go.

Important things to be aware of are also written there.

Don't use the twrp and magisk website you posted. Those don't look official, and may contain unwanted ads.

Reactions: kd276 and arkonoiid

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019

Also make sure what VANILLA version can and cannot do. Without GApps, you may face issues and may not be able to flash GApps later once the VANILLA ROM is booted.

Some people did not look up for information and complaint no Google Pay in VANILLA versions.

For issueless experience, try GApps version first. You can then decide if you really want to switch to VANILLA version or not.

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
Follow this guide with pictures:
https://xdaforums.com/t/4288121/

With pictures, you can simulate all the process mentioned.

You don't really need to worry about typing codes or commands. Mostly just click, wait and go.

Important things to be aware of are also written there.

Don't use the twrp and magisk website you posted. Those don't look official, and may contain unwanted ads.

Hello, thanks for the advice, but there aren't official TWRP and Orange Fox that support X3 Pro atm, you have alternative links you trust? Please post here so i use them, i prefer TWRP since i'm using it now on my old Nesus 4 and i like it. Is also official ArrowOS recovery not good? Can use it in the meantime, and switch when TWRP officially support this phone too.

Also make sure what VANILLA version can and cannot do. Without GApps, you may face issues and may not be able to flash GApps later once the VANILLA ROM is booted.

Some people did not look up for information and complaint no Google Pay in VANILLA versions.

For issueless experience, try GApps version first. You can then decide if you really want to switch to VANILLA version or not.

Thanks, but is ok, i always use standalone APK to install apps i need, via Root Explorer, i don't want playstore and other useless bloatware. when i need to upgrade an app i simply overwrite the apk with the new version, like a portable version.

I need the phone just for watch streaming videos, normal callings, normal sms, camera for video and photo, nothing more.

Pratically as a second pc, or backup pc. This is because i bought the phone with the low possible price but the best hardware, this one was the perfect compromise, it have balanced harware and it price is cheap, it also support ethernet otg so i can connect it to my router via rj45 extended cable thanks to the usb-c to RJ45 adapter.

I used this to help me. (warning : they don't use twrp, I think it's better to use twrp)

also about the unlock part, I had a lot of issues with the drivers
after installing many many drivers only one worked and that was the Xiaomi_PC_Suite_3.2.1.3111.zip

you have to unlock via your phone, (they ask for phone number and 4G/LTE mobile data, not wifi)
then you go to the unlocker and you click on unlock and it should show "wait 169hours"
that way you know you can wait and not notice too late that you didn't start the unlock process xD

For real? I need mobile data to do so? Do not work via my cable ethernet otg? I have limited money on my sim so it can be an issue, it will cost a lot, cause i use it only for emergencies when i'm outside my home.

Regarding the suite you mentioned, i need to use it even if i use the guide the user pl1992aw posted above? Seems a very nice guide.

Thanks all for the info and help. Seems more complicated than expected, i'm a bit confused compared to my old N4, hope i'll manage it. New phone will arrive in 3-4 days so any further help is appreciated.

Last edited:

kd276

Jun 14, 2021

For some reason, since i'm under windows 7 and i can't install third parties tools here in my office, i'm unable to install Java, however i can succesfull unpack ADB drivers and using command line under CMD.

Have you a guide step by step where i can use only adb commands instead of the Xiaomi kit GUI (7.03 jar file) or is not fleasible?

In meantime i need to wait a week to unlock the phone, can i use this guide to remove via adb shell all the bloatware? Is this safe in your opinion?
The guide if for X3 NFC and is linked here on XDA too but i guess they share the same basic apps.

To be honest, i'm also thinking to keep the manufacturer rom and remove manually all the crap since i'm super scary to brick my phone, the whole guide to install a custom rom is really complicated and i need to keep trace to many variables that the possibility to broke my phone, since i'm really unexperienced, are very high.

Infact, the more i read your guide the more i think i will surely mess up something, this is on a completely different level compared to my old Nesus 4 where i just need to use 3 commands to unlock the bootloader, install the recovery, install a random rom, and install superSu. This is a complete nightmare in comparison. :D

Thank you.

Last edited:

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Hello, thanks for the advice, but there aren't official TWRP and Orange Fox that support X3 Pro atm, you have alternative links you trust? Please post here so i use them, i prefer TWRP since i'm using it now on my old Nesus 4 and i like it. Is also official ArrowOS recovery not good? Can use it in the meantime, and switch when TWRP officially support this phone too.

TWRP mentioned in the guide is the link to the author thread in XDA.

There might not be an official TWRP for this phone yet. OrangeFox recovery is in the INDEX thread.

ArrowOS recovery cannot decrypt internal storage AFAIK. So if you put the ROM inside the internal storage of the phone, you cannot see it.

Thanks, but is ok, i always use standalone APK to install apps i need, via Root Explorer, i don't want playstore and other useless bloatware. when i need to upgrade an app i simply overwrite the apk with the new version, like a portable version.

I need the phone just for watch streaming videos, normal callings, normal sms, camera for video and photo, nothing more.

Pratically as a second pc, or backup pc. This is because i bought the phone with the low possible price but the best hardware, this one was the perfect compromise, it have balanced harware and it price is cheap, it also support ethernet otg so i can connect it to my router via rj45 extended cable thanks to the usb-c to RJ45 adapter.

You choice. Won't bother.

For real? I need mobile data to do so? Do not work via my cable ethernet otg? I have limited money on my sim so it can be an issue, it will cost a lot, cause i use it only for emergencies when i'm outside my home.

Only mobile data to do so. This is requirement of Xiaomi, not me.

You can ask your colleague that has mobile data unlimited to do so if you are worry about that.

I think the mobile data is not used much, maybe no more than 5 MB, but not very sure.

Regarding the suite you mentioned, i need to use it even if i use the guide the user pl1992aw posted above? Seems a very nice guide.

The Unlock tool is a must.

Xiaomi_PC_Suite is not a must.

The XiaomiADBFastboot tools program is not a must, it just makes it easier.
But since you cannot to use it, you have to type the codes on your own.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for POCO X3 PRO (vayu|bhima)

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    1. Audio
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Camera
    4. Dt2w
    5. Display
    6. Torch
    7. Battery/Notification LED
    8. Sensors
    9. Radio, data. networks (2g,3g,4g+volte,vowifi etc)
    10. Refresh rates(120,90,60)
    11. Headset port, charging ports, etc
    12. GPS/Location
    13. Almost everything?
    NOTE:
    • ArrowOS ships with source compiled vendor and odm partitions.​
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK ?
    1. You tell us.​
    Be sure to include a log: check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    FIRST INSTALL?:
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy
    FLASHING UPDATES?:
    • Download via OTA Updater and let it automatically install; OR
    • Download an update, transfer to internal/external storage (always check file sha256)
    • Flash ROM zip and reboot.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_vayu

ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 12.5.2.0 global or you can use any latest R firmware from your region as well (firmware only)
    Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    UPI: kubersharma001@kotak
    You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
    A1: Flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application OR Download from arrowos.net [codename: vayu] boot to TWRP and flash it; if you are using ArrowOS recovery, copy build zip to external storage (sdcard, USB otg etc) and install via "Apply system update option"
    If you are on PC, you can also use adb sideload while being on recovery

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
    A2
    : As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
    This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
    (In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Q3: Facing ghost touch issues on your device?
    A3:
    This issue has been recognized by Xiaomi as a fault in their MIUI firmware, I am not yet sure if this is completely a hardware fault or just a firmware fault with specific variants
    I have an Indian 8/128 variant and I never faced such issues.
    Since Xiaomi does not release newer changes done to the kernel source, we are stuck with the initial R source release hence we don't know what changes they made to fix it on MIUI if they ever did
    But, some people have fixed ghost touch issues by :
    * Flashing MIUI 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0 full MIUI rom, booting to it, setup up everything (like registering the fingerprint, etc), and then moving to custom ROMs.

[* Using 120hz? (not confirm but 2 users have suggested doing this has solved sluggish touch issues for them)]

If this method works for you do not update firmware unless you are sure that will work
    This is not a global issue, only a limited number of people face it!
    Also, users have faced ghost touch issues on MIUI 12.5.3.0+ versions aswell, so this is not something custom from related! It is hardware/firmware level

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.

You can chat with me on Telegram: https://t.me/kubersharma001

You can check out my blog post on pocox3pro:
    Why Encryption is important on Custom ROMs, have a read:
    Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
    BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (at least vayu, surya etc for sure) (or lets say some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.

I am not saying the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen, so my removal of this feature on vayu is just a safe play till we know something better
    "Be safe than sorry"
    Fixes/Changes done for next build/update:
    - Yellow tint on screen
    - Lowers vibration intensity to a decent level
    - Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.
    - Fix Recents Overview sluggishness
    - Ship GCamGoPrebuilt instead of AOSP camera2
    - Other minor improvements and fixes.
    Latest arrow-11.0 builds are released with September Security patches!

www.arrowos.net

Instructions: https://kubersharma001.com/index-arrowos-vayu-poco-x3-pro

Should be dirty flashable from previous build

If you like my work and want to support me, please donate whatever you feel like it:

UPI: 001KS001@kotak | PayPal
    Thank you and enjoy!

Please remember my work is a hobby and shared for the benefit for the community. I don't owe anyone anything nor I make profit from you flashing or downloading these builds. Nor Am I liable for any issues you may face on your device or to any data loss occurred from whatsoever. I am tired of people thinking otherwise and bothering me on my personal emails with their issues.