Development [ROM] [OFFICIAL] ArrowOS 11.0 [android-11.0][vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
@pl1992aw

Hi, how i can completely wipe my customized settings? Overwriting the new rom and doing a format data have not effect, some settings are still preserved. I don't want to mess up so i'm asking if there is a safe way to do so.

Remember that in my old N4 there were a /system dir, but it is missing here.

I'm not sure how after format data did not remove settings.

Maybe that is default settings?

Maybe try format data twice?

Maybe the settings you said preserved were done with root, which format data should not have remove root?

Maybe flash the ROM again and format data?

Maybe some data were stored in microSD card so it stays?

From your last reply, maybe it's not needed anymore.

Reactions: kd276

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
I'm not sure how after format data did not remove settings.

Maybe that is default settings?

Maybe try format data twice?

Maybe the settings you said preserved were done with root, which format data should not have remove root?

Maybe flash the ROM again and format data?

Maybe some data were stored in microSD card so it stays?

From your last reply, maybe it's not needed anymore.
Hi Pl, unfortunately once i installed Xiaomi.eu MIUI and back to arrowOS after some settings were preserved, with my surprise. They were not default settings. :D

I don't know where such settings are stored, maybe i need to remove magisk renaming apk to uninstall.zip and then try to formata data again? Formatted internal storage and let os recreate it but no difference.

Anyway, was able to revert to my previous firmware and vendor, but my call recorder is now gone. Mysteries of the rom world.

Last edited:

waarten

Jan 22, 2009
I tried debugging the app. However, as I couldn't get the source code I had to work with smali (for everything there is a first time).

My backup phone that doesn't have any problems is a Sony Z5 compact (running LineageOS 15.1). The app/NFC works as well on my wife's Xiaomi Note 8 Pro (running stock).

Below is the copied output of the java.io.IOException stacktrace value from debugging in Android Studio.

Does anybody have an idea how this can be fixed in this rom? Or what should be checked next?

Code:
java.io.IOException stackTrace = {StackTraceElement[43]@20851}
0 = {StackTraceElement@20910} "android.nfc.tech.BasicTagTechnology.connect(BasicTagTechnology.java:88)"
1 = {StackTraceElement@20911} "android.nfc.tech.NfcV.connect(NfcV.java:35)"
2 = {StackTraceElement@20912} "tr$a.connect(DefaultNfcOsFunctions.java:1)"
3 = {StackTraceElement@20913} "qta$a.connect(WrongLengthErrorNfcOsFunctions.java:1)"
4 = {StackTraceElement@20914} "ota$a.connect(LoggingNfcOsFunctions.java:3)"
5 = {StackTraceElement@20915} "kta$a.connect(FixedTransceiveTimeoutNfcOsFuntions.java:1)"
6 = {StackTraceElement@20916} "Xsa$a.connect(AnalyticsNfcOsFunctions.java:5)"
7 = {StackTraceElement@20917} "yr.a(DefaultNfcRfModule.java:11)"
8 = {StackTraceElement@20918} "yr.a(DefaultNfcRfModule.java:1)"
9 = {StackTraceElement@20919} "dwa$a.a(SensorModule.java:5)"
10 = {StackTraceElement@20920} "fEa.a(ScanSensorFragment.java:84)"
11 = {StackTraceElement@20921} "zDa.apply(Unknown Source:10)"
12 = {StackTraceElement@20922} "yRa$a.t(ObservableMap.java:4)"
13 = {StackTraceElement@20923} "jRa$a.t(ObservableDoOnEach.java:3)"
14 = {StackTraceElement@20924} "jRa$a.t(ObservableDoOnEach.java:3)"
15 = {StackTraceElement@20925} "jRa$a.t(ObservableDoOnEach.java:3)"
16 = {StackTraceElement@20926} "GRa.run(ObservableScalarXMap.java:2)"
17 = {StackTraceElement@20927} "xRa.c(ObservableJust.java:3)"
18 = {StackTraceElement@20928} "TPa.a(Observable.java:74)"
19 = {StackTraceElement@20929} "gRa.c(ObservableDefer.java:2)"
20 = {StackTraceElement@20930} "TPa.a(Observable.java:74)"
21 = {StackTraceElement@20931} "jRa.c(ObservableDoOnEach.java:1)"
22 = {StackTraceElement@20932} "TPa.a(Observable.java:74)"
23 = {StackTraceElement@20933} "jRa.c(ObservableDoOnEach.java:1)"
24 = {StackTraceElement@20934} "TPa.a(Observable.java:74)"
25 = {StackTraceElement@20935} "jRa.c(ObservableDoOnEach.java:1)"
26 = {StackTraceElement@20936} "TPa.a(Observable.java:74)"
27 = {StackTraceElement@20937} "yRa.c(ObservableMap.java:1)"
28 = {StackTraceElement@20938} "TPa.a(Observable.java:74)"
29 = {StackTraceElement@20939} "jRa.c(ObservableDoOnEach.java:1)"
30 = {StackTraceElement@20940} "TPa.a(Observable.java:74)"
31 = {StackTraceElement@20941} "yRa.c(ObservableMap.java:1)"
32 = {StackTraceElement@20942} "TPa.a(Observable.java:74)"
33 = {StackTraceElement@20943} "jRa.c(ObservableDoOnEach.java:1)"
34 = {StackTraceElement@20944} "TPa.a(Observable.java:74)"
35 = {StackTraceElement@20945} "LRa$b.run(ObservableSubscribeOn.java:1)"
36 = {StackTraceElement@20946} "ZPa$a.run(Scheduler.java:2)"
37 = {StackTraceElement@20947} "hSa.call(ScheduledRunnable.java:2)"
38 = {StackTraceElement@20948} "java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)"
39 = {StackTraceElement@20949} "java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:301)"
40 = {StackTraceElement@20950} "java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)"
41 = {StackTraceElement@20951} "java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)"
42 = {StackTraceElement@20952} "java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:923)"

I gave debugging another try this morning. With a bit more success. Just before the java.io.Exception error, two error messages in the code of the app are called (but not communicated o_O): Incorrect NFC response length and Wrong length response to GPI.

After that, I scanned, with help of NFC tools, the NFC sensor with my Poco X3 Pro and with my working backup phone. Both phones communicate that the chip is an ISO 15693 (NfcV, NdefFormatable).

Any idea how this can be related to this rom?

Jaftdroid

Apr 6, 2021
Anyone else having issues when taking a screenshot and trying to edit it with Markup? App doesn't even open up.

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
Anyone else having issues when taking a screenshot and trying to edit it with Markup? App doesn't even open up.

Noticed gallery crash sometimes in the last build once you open a screenshoot, file manager tag icons are messed up once you touch them and files are duplicated when you download them via DDGo.

Reflashing 07.09 now the call recording in dialer is back. Best build ever.

Just wondering if is possible to flash security updates only without mess up anything else.

GansFF

Nov 15, 2018
Friends! Help, please install Viper4Android. What Magisk modules are needed? And in what sequence they need to be installed?
Firmware Arrow-11.0 Gapps Build 2021-07-31
Please

LEIBE

Jan 21, 2011
Istanbul
Friends! Help, please install Viper4Android. What Magisk modules are needed? And in what sequence they need to be installed?
Please
VIPER FOR X3PRO it is really a deal, I have tried many many times many forums many things NO SUCCESS I have gave up
I hope you'll find the issue, BY AGOOD RESPONSE from a dev

CHHEEEEERSSS

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Please

VIPER FOR X3PRO it is really a deal, I have tried many many times many forums many things NO SUCCESS I have gave up
I hope you'll find the issue, BY AGOOD RESPONSE from a dev

CHHEEEEERSSS
https://xdaforums.com/t/4267263/post-85295229

Reactions: LEIBE

LEIBE

Jan 21, 2011
Istanbul
Alrighty, I managed to get Viper4Andriod working.....

1. Install Viper4Andriod module at magisk
  2. Run Viper4Andriod > Install driver > Auto reboot
  3. Run Viper4Andriod > Settings > Enable legacy
  4. Fix SeLinux Enforcing Compatibility
  5. Install Ainur Narsil module at magisk
  6. Install Audio Modification Library module at magisk
  7. Reboot
  8. Run Viper4Andriod > Settings > Toggle legacy
  9. Everything should work now.

I do not know the reason, you were kind enough to send me the link to the FORUM I have tried before , I believe there is always a 2nd chance so far I was able to INSTALL VIPER AND MAKE IT WORK on my poco x3 pro, the difference I don't know if it matters is that the previous time I was on MAGISK LATEST version now because of a screen2auto issue I downgraded MAGISK TO 21.2, so that's the only disfference and prehaps the reason I couldn't make it to work before. Much apprecıated @pl1992aw
CHEEEERSSSS

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I do not know the reason, you were kind enough to send me the link to the FORUM I have tried before , I believe there is always a 2nd chance so far I was able to INSTALL VIPER AND MAKE IT WORK on my poco x3 pro, the difference I don't know if it matters is that the previous time I was on MAGISK LATEST version now because of a screen2auto issue I downgraded MAGISK TO 21.2, so that's the only disfference and prehaps the reason I couldn't make it to work before. Much apprecıated @pl1992aw
CHEEEERSSSS

As long as it works, then good for you.

Credit to Lu5ck.

its.mike13

Aug 4, 2021
Hey

I'm really sorry for bothering you but i have searched everywhere and can't fidd a solution to my problem.

I followed this guide to flash the ROM (updated to 12.5 as i saw on the official site that it was a requirement for the latest stable ROM).

The recovery fails to flash ROM stating that the .zip file is corrupt (eventhough I verified the checksum) and also returns a couple of :unable to open block device /dev/block/loop17: No such device or address".

I've attached the logcat to help you identify the problem.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing something? Am I just stupid?
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• logcat_Arrow-v11.0-vayu-OFFICIAL-20210804-GAPPS.zip_2021-08-04-17-10-12.log
    626.7 KB · Views: 6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for POCO X3 PRO (vayu|bhima)

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    1. Audio
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Camera
    4. Dt2w
    5. Display
    6. Torch
    7. Battery/Notification LED
    8. Sensors
    9. Radio, data. networks (2g,3g,4g+volte,vowifi etc)
    10. Refresh rates(120,90,60)
    11. Headset port, charging ports, etc
    12. GPS/Location
    13. Almost everything?
    NOTE:
    • ArrowOS ships with source compiled vendor and odm partitions.​
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK ?
    1. You tell us.​
    Be sure to include a log: check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose Arrow version, choose the build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Instructions
    FIRST INSTALL?:
    • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
    • Unlock the bootloader
    • Transfer ROM to internal storage
    • Install any suitable recovery
    • Flash ROM zip file
    • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
    • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy
    FLASHING UPDATES?:
    • Download via OTA Updater and let it automatically install; OR
    • Download an update, transfer to internal/external storage (always check file sha256)
    • Flash ROM zip and reboot.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_vayu

ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 12.5.2.0 global or you can use any latest R firmware from your region as well (firmware only)
    Donate: https://www.paypal.me/kubersharma001
    UPI: kubersharma001@kotak
    You can download ArrowOS Recovery if you like or use other 3rd party recoveries

FAQ::

Tip: If you are new to custom ROMs, I would suggest taking a TWRP backup/partition backup (usually: persist, efs, firmware partitions, etc) saved in your cloud or computer.

Q1: How can I update to a new update?
    A1: Flash ArrowOS recovery and download and install the update from the OTA Updater application OR Download from arrowos.net [codename: vayu] boot to TWRP and flash it; if you are using ArrowOS recovery, copy build zip to external storage (sdcard, USB otg etc) and install via "Apply system update option"
    If you are on PC, you can also use adb sideload while being on recovery

Q2: Why is Mi8 (dipper)/walleye oreo or any other device's build fingerprint and desc props/values are used?
    A2
    : As most of the custom ROM users might be aware that SafetyNet cannot pass with devices own build fingerprint props due to the multiple checks or other aspects which is unknown, done by the OEM/Google which fails hence nowadays devices are generally spoofed with build fingerprint and description props of devices which passes CTS/SafetyNet like from a device with Android Oreo or Pre Android Oreo (walleye oreo; mi8 oreo, etc) or from latest Pixels (like redfin)
    This device as of now uses Mi8 (dipper) build fingerprint and description to pass SafetyNet!
    (In future release: It can change to Pixels or some other device too just to "Pass SafetyNet checks") hence don't consider this as some lame reason to spam or message about.

Q3: Facing ghost touch issues on your device?
    A3:
    This issue has been recognized by Xiaomi as a fault in their MIUI firmware, I am not yet sure if this is completely a hardware fault or just a firmware fault with specific variants
    I have an Indian 8/128 variant and I never faced such issues.
    Since Xiaomi does not release newer changes done to the kernel source, we are stuck with the initial R source release hence we don't know what changes they made to fix it on MIUI if they ever did
    But, some people have fixed ghost touch issues by :
    * Flashing MIUI 12.0.4.0/12.0.6.0 full MIUI rom, booting to it, setup up everything (like registering the fingerprint, etc), and then moving to custom ROMs.

[* Using 120hz? (not confirm but 2 users have suggested doing this has solved sluggish touch issues for them)]

If this method works for you do not update firmware unless you are sure that will work
    This is not a global issue, only a limited number of people face it!
    Also, users have faced ghost touch issues on MIUI 12.5.3.0+ versions aswell, so this is not something custom from related! It is hardware/firmware level

Do not report bugs with mods or custom kernels.

You can chat with me on Telegram: https://t.me/kubersharma001

You can check out my blog post on pocox3pro:
    Why Encryption is important on Custom ROMs, have a read:
    Hey. just wanted to notify you all that I am going to remove the "Smart Charging" feature in future builds, Also I suggest using mods/ modules which simulate similar behavior as the smart charging feature IS NOT RECOMMENDED!
    BECAUSE:

A bunch of Xiaomi devices (at least vayu, surya etc for sure) (or lets say some QUALCOMM devices in general too) have somewhat buggy PMIC ( i.e Power Management IC) and facing the issue is rare in most scenarios (some can face it without using these features too) till you don't mess power_supply or anything related to PMIC mods or features like smart charging, idle state charging, those Magisk modules for smart charging like ACC or whatever can trigger the PMIC to bug out as well and in that case your battery will be drained, won't charge unless you reboot to bootloader till the time you can. If you don't do that and let it drain (which I remind you might be quicker than usual) it might just go DEAD.

Ref: https://github.com/lybdroid/poco-x3-pro/issues/1

Most people might not face the issue, but still, there is a chance, and let's not risk it. I would suggest avoiding draining your battery to 0.

I am not saying the above-mentioned features or mods are bad or broken but there is a slight chance something bad can happen, so my removal of this feature on vayu is just a safe play till we know something better
    "Be safe than sorry"
    Fixes/Changes done for next build/update:
    - Yellow tint on screen
    - Lowers vibration intensity to a decent level
    - Force volume steps to 25 as some MIUI vendors are forcing this to insane 150 volume steps, yikes.
    - Fix Recents Overview sluggishness
    - Ship GCamGoPrebuilt instead of AOSP camera2
    - Other minor improvements and fixes.
    Latest arrow-11.0 builds are released with September Security patches!

www.arrowos.net

Instructions: https://kubersharma001.com/index-arrowos-vayu-poco-x3-pro

Should be dirty flashable from previous build

If you like my work and want to support me, please donate whatever you feel like it:

UPI: 001KS001@kotak | PayPal
    Thank you and enjoy!

Please remember my work is a hobby and shared for the benefit for the community. I don't owe anyone anything nor I make profit from you flashing or downloading these builds. Nor Am I liable for any issues you may face on your device or to any data loss occurred from whatsoever. I am tired of people thinking otherwise and bothering me on my personal emails with their issues.