• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official]ArrowOS 11.0[R|Android 11 r_43]

Search This thread

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Sadly from the roms I tried this is first rom where smart charge works at all. I only wish it was better.

Maybe our device is not capable of proper 'smart charge' at all but I still hope it can be fixed somehow. Still better than nothing I guess.

I think there is some external solution for 'smart charge' which will toggle physical connection to device depending on power draw but that would also disable data connection and USB tethering if used.
I don't think so deep sleep may work in smart charging for zukku
If you find a rom which has working deep sleep in smart charge on our beloved zuk then please tell me
Btw normal deep sleep without smart charge is working perfectly 😌✌️

• Sad
Reactions: EtiamNullam

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
I don't think so deep sleep may work in smart charging for zukku
If you find a rom which has working deep sleep in smart charge on our beloved zuk then please tell me
Btw normal deep sleep without smart charge is working perfectly 😌✌️
Sad. Lets keep track of other roms that advertise 'smart charge' on it. Maybe someone will find a way to do it somehow ;)

Yeah when not in charger deep sleep works pretty good. 90%+ of screen off. You can see that on the graph I posted before too ;)

Reactions: Pranav Temkar

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Sad. Lets keep track of other roms that advertise 'smart charge' on it. Maybe someone will find a way to do it somehow ;)

Yeah when not in charger deep sleep works pretty good. 90%+ of screen off. You can see that on the graph I posted before too ;)
Btw my xtended had smart change too the trees are same there hence i wanted a different tree rom to check if it works there on different tree.
And yes i agree deep sleep on normal is picture perfect in your graphs.
Hang on next build we will fix many se denials which are spamming in logs this will help reduce heat in rom 👍

Reactions: EtiamNullam

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
Btw my xtended had smart change too the trees are same there hence i wanted a different tree rom to check if it works there on different tree.
And yes i agree deep sleep on normal is picture perfect in your graphs.
Hang on next build we will fix many se denials which are spamming in logs this will help reduce heat in rom 👍
Cool. Will it be required to clean flash next builds?

I've tried xtended xr and havoc os that both advertised 'smart charge' but on havoc OS it was not working at all and in xtended xr I had other issues before getting to 'smart charge'.

Thanks for your hard work!

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Cool. Will it be required to clean flash next builds?

I've tried xtended xr and havoc os that both advertised 'smart charge' but on havoc OS it was not working at all and in xtended xr I had other issues before getting to 'smart charge'.

Thanks for your hard work!
I guess havoc had working smart charging before but then the maintainer reverted it and it will not work after its being reverted
You can refer his trees here

So it may be working in older version of havoc which were released before this revert

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
I guess havoc had working smart charging before but then the maintainer reverted it and it will not work after its being reverted
You can refer his trees here

So it may be working in older version of havoc which were released before this revert
Well I'm sure he had a reason to revert it. I think what we have now is still better than nothing at all.

I wonder what's better for battery though.

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Stay tuned guys next update will have huge optimization in kernel, @ZyxxeZ is working hard to give best sot out of our zuk, also we are working hard to fix se denails which are spamming in current build
Most of them are fixed and has made a huge impact on sot now

6 hours 35 min Sot on my arrow 11 treble enforcing build
Kernel 3.18.140 Alchemy by @ZyxxeZ
Battery is 2 year old purchased on February 2019 from lenovo service center
Moderator usage no gaming dual sim 4g and wifi with bluetooth headset connected all time

Attachments

• IMG_20210424_145608_970.jpg
    IMG_20210424_145608_970.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20210424_145611_612.jpg
    IMG_20210424_145611_612.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20210424_145613_522.jpg
    IMG_20210424_145613_522.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20210424_145615_922.jpg
    IMG_20210424_145615_922.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 66

elmarks

Aug 31, 2007
Good work.
I've been using ArrowOS since version 9. Now I installed this version and for me it have the following problem: i have tested navigation on TomTom and Waze and the GPS signal keeps floating, on and off, on and off... I can barely follow a route.
On previous Arrow10 i didn't have that.
Anyone else experiencing something like this?

baseband:1.70664...
Regards.

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Good work.
I've been using ArrowOS since version 9. Now I installed this version and for me it have the following problem: i have tested navigation on TomTom and Waze and the GPS signal keeps floating, on and off, on and off... I can barely follow a route.
On previous Arrow10 i didn't have that.
Anyone else experiencing something like this?

baseband:1.70664...
Regards.
Gps works completely fine as it should on waze too it locked location pretty fast and was not floating, i was using google maps and navigation worked fine never lost gps
Below i have provided gps test result too you may have a look
Make sure wifi scanning and google location accuracy is enabled under location settings

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210428-103925.png
    Screenshot_20210428-103925.png
    145 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: elmarks

elmarks

Aug 31, 2007
Gps works completely fine as it should on waze too it locked location pretty fast and was not floating, i was using google maps and navigation worked fine never lost gps
Below i have provided gps test result too you may have a look
Make sure wifi scanning and google location accuracy is enabled under location settings
Ok thank you! were both disabled, now everything is fine

blueman24

Apr 28, 2013
I've been using this rom for the past few week and I have to say, the battery life is really good. Great job dev!

The only problem while installing was finding gapps with setup wizard that work. I tried Nik gapps but the base version does not have setup wizard to restore backup. Tried the higher versions and the rom won't boot with them. Tried mindthegapps and again, rom wont boot.
Finally got open gapps nano test version and although it also force closed once, i was able to setup the phone successfully.

So I have a suggestion for dev, if can we get a gapps version? Does not even have to include everything only play store, phone, and messages is fine.
Also, being able to get navbar and disable hw button without required to root would be great bonus.

atulda.1985

Jan 4, 2019
Realme 3 Pro
I've been using this rom for the past few week and I have to say, the battery life is really good. Great job dev!

The only problem while installing was finding gapps with setup wizard that work. I tried Nik gapps but the base version does not have setup wizard to restore backup. Tried the higher versions and the rom won't boot with them. Tried mindthegapps and again, rom wont boot.
Finally got open gapps nano test version and although it also force closed once, i was able to setup the phone successfully.

So I have a suggestion for dev, if can we get a gapps version? Does not even have to include everything only play store, phone, and messages is fine.
Also, being able to get navbar and disable hw button without required to root would be great bonus.
Works fine for me with nikgappps full version

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro

I understand the need of navbar toggle switch is very essential for a legacy device, currently what is the scenario i will explain now most devs have new devices which dont have hardware keys so there is no point to add that navbar switch if you all would request this feature in the arrow os support chat then surely they will look forward into this
I can link you the telegram channel you can raise this feature requests there
Also i am not allowed to do any modifications to the source i can only improve device side things so you could ask there maybe some dev will add it in source which will be profit for everyone

badri21

Feb 24, 2016
Trichy
I am having an couple of weird issues after flashing magisk patched boot image(ver 22.1). On first boot everything worked fine, But after installing viper and rebooted my recent apps not showing anything even though they are in memory and QS tiles won't expand. I tried uninstalling viper, magisk and re-flashed original boot image. Even flashed the whole zip without wiping data. Nothing resolved the issue.

Edit: Even the notification panel is not working. No notification received, But notification sound comes and dot appears on app.The Home button not working to minimize the app but back works, but gesture works even though you disabled gesture support.:D Mostly weird things happened. I wiped all partitions except data and flashed the zip again, Now everything is working fine but why these issues occurred is still a mystery.

Last edited:
  • Wow

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
Sadly on top audio "normalization" bug I encountered another (maybe related?) where I lost all audio. Not sure if u can trust this rom if you don't want to miss important alarm or call.

I hope it was one time only (and only for me?) or will be fixed in upcoming update ;)

EtiamNullam

Apr 13, 2021
Conversely, I clean flashed the ROM a week ago and since then, my sound output is "normal". I do not have to do any kernel tweaking or anything. Strange.
It's more likely you don't notice the issue. I also use this rom with no audio kernel tweaks. You can easily tell if there is a problem by playing some music. Just play it a bit, pause, wait a few seconds and press play again. I'm sure you will notice normal volume (loud) at first which quickly reduces to be below nominal. Do it a few times. Or you can play a notification few times in row to see how sound recedes. Or you can check how the same notification sounds like on a another device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Update for arrow is live with September patch and battery life improvements
    Quick update: I am now part of the Arrow OS Community team,
    In simple words, I have access to the official arrow os Jenkins server which will help me compile any number of builds at any time all thanks to @kubersharma for adding me to the team and giving me access to the official server.
    Enjoy Official Community Arrow OS Builds from now on comes with both vanilla as well as gapps variant.

Build Date: 10/09/2021

Changelog :

Device Side :
    * Update bluetooth blobs from cheeseburger (OnePlus 5)
    * Added ant+
    * Disabled significant motion detector which caused idle drain
    * Fixed wifi and bluetooth mac
    * Added drm props
    * Set voice call volume steps like on stock zui
    * Fixed geekbench opencl test
    * Removed unneeded cmdline options
    * Improved pixel offline charger animation
    * Build libdac from source
    * Added xml for unlimited google photos
    * Compiled with Clang 13.0.2

Source Side :
    Here

Let's all meet now in Android 12 | S as google will officially have no support for legacy device with 3.18.140 kernel so @Dmitrii has already started to work on stable 4.9 kernel for our zuk which will help us in a12 currently we are in need of server which will help us to compile roms,
    it would be helpful if anyone can donate us a free Google Cloud Platform Trail
    this is completely free and easy to do those interested kindly contact me on Telegram
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT

ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links

Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS

Code Review: review.arrowos.net

E-mail: arrowos.contact

PayPal: Donate to us

Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?

• Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?

• You tell me

Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS

Click here to Download

Read our blog article/post about:

* HOW-TO report a bug

* GAPPS and VANILLA variants

* Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS

Device Tree: Lenovo Zuk z2 plus device tree

Vendor Tree: Lenovo Zuk z2 plus vendor tree

Kernel Source: Alchemy 3.18.140 by @ZyxxeZ

Thanks to:
    @MR.HACKER5476
    @ZyxxeZ
    @geekboyprometheus
    For their work on z2 plus non treble trees

Also thanks to @sanketp60 , @Rasenkai99 , @ZyxxeZ , @aswin_a_s for the great help and assist for build help and fixing bugs.

Lastly i would thank all the tester.
    New Update for arrow is live with September patch and battery life improvements
    Quick update: I am now part of the Arrow OS Community team,
    In simple words, I have access to the official arrow os Jenkins server which will help me compile any number of builds at any time all thanks to @kubersharma for adding me to the team and giving me access to the official server.
    Enjoy Official Community Arrow OS Builds from now on comes with both vanilla as well as gapps variant.

Build Date: 10/09/2021

Changelog :

Device Side :
    * Update bluetooth blobs from cheeseburger (OnePlus 5)
    * Added ant+
    * Disabled significant motion detector which caused idle drain
    * Fixed wifi and bluetooth mac
    * Added drm props
    * Set voice call volume steps like on stock zui
    * Fixed geekbench opencl test
    * Removed unneeded cmdline options
    * Improved pixel offline charger animation
    * Build libdac from source
    * Added xml for unlimited google photos
    * Compiled with Clang 13.0.2

Source Side :
    Here

Let's all meet now in Android 12 | S as google will officially have no support for legacy device with 3.18.140 kernel so @Dmitrii has already started to work on stable 4.9 kernel for our zuk which will help us in a12 currently we are in need of server which will help us to compile roms,
    it would be helpful if anyone can donate us a free Google Cloud Platform Trail
    this is completely free and easy to do those interested kindly contact me on Telegram
    Stay tuned guys next update will have huge optimization in kernel, @ZyxxeZ is working hard to give best sot out of our zuk, also we are working hard to fix se denails which are spamming in current build
    Most of them are fixed and has made a huge impact on sot now

6 hours 35 min Sot on my arrow 11 treble enforcing build
    Kernel 3.18.140 Alchemy by @ZyxxeZ
    Battery is 2 year old purchased on February 2019 from lenovo service center
    Moderator usage no gaming dual sim 4g and wifi with bluetooth headset connected all time
    Would love it if the low sound problem is also resolved. Right now, this is the only reason for which I've to keep my phone rooted.
    New update is live as promised a birthday return gift from me enjoy the new build with many source side optimizations and r_37 May Security patch with several se denials addressed from last build which were spamming in dmesg logs, now no need to flash permissiver.

Build Date: 25/05/2021

Changelog:

Device side:

- Many SE denials have been addressed compared to last build where denials were spamming in dmesg logs now no need to flash permissiver
    - split fstab loading load userdata on late fs and update fstab flags
    - drop bootanim services
    - Drop many deprecated flag including kernel flags
    - Remove I-WLAN blobs
    - fix init.qcom.early_boot.sh path
    - Many more optimizations and bug fixes under the hood.

Source side:

Note: Vanilla Build clean flash recommended.

Also many users are asking for navbar for gestures to work properly
    Just go in twrp and mount system
    then from twrp file manager navigate to
    System/build.prop
    click on it and copy it to sdcard/
    now use any text editor and add this line in build.prop file
    qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
    now save it and reboot again in twrp mount system and delete old build.prop in /system and replace it with new edited file
    now tap on build.prop and select chmod 755 swipe to give it permission and reboot