[ROM][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS [Android 11][davinci]

Search This thread

TigerApps

Mar 24, 2014
US
So after installing it on the global 12.0.5.0 firmware it seems to have indeed L1.
However Netflix is not found in the Playstore. Anyone having the same issue?

I have Netflix that I got from the Playstore. I just checked that it can play videos but the video has artifacts all over it. Not watchable. Not sure what's wrong here.
I can use Youtube just fine.

gh7531

Dec 23, 2016
I have Netflix that I got from the Playstore. I just checked that it can play videos but the video has artifacts all over it. Not watchable. Not sure what's wrong here.
I can use Youtube just fine.

Thanks for your feedback.
I installed the most up to date app version from apkmirror and so far it works without issues. I was even able to update the app through the playstore today.

gh7531

Dec 23, 2016
Thanks for your feedback.
I installed the most up to date app version from apkmirror and so far it works without issues. I was even able to update the app through the playstore today.

I just had a lot of artifacts while watching netflix. However they seem to go away after a few seconds.

KiteGX

Jul 12, 2016
On vanilla the speaker is always on during calls and can't be disabled. Using a different dialer app doesn't fix it. But I think with gapps it works since no one else seems to have reported the issue. I use microG, so I don't use the google dialer.

Last edited:

stronzetto

Nov 26, 2010
Hi, I'm running the latest ArrowOS 16/01/21 with firmware 12.0.5.0.
I have problems with auto brightness, it keeps going up and down without any relevant change of ambient lightning.
How can I solve this issue?
Do I need to update the firmware? Can I do it without formatting data?

Same problem with the 08/01/21 release

stefat77

Oct 21, 2013
Hi! Great ROM! Thank you! :D
After over a week of usage I didn't find any particular issue.
I just found a minor bug - sometimes when I open the recent apps list with the gesture (swipe-up) the animation stops in between and doesn't let me scroll the tabs. Sometimes it's annoying because it happens 3-4 times in a row.
I attach a screenshot.

I'm still running the build from the 12nd of January so maybe the bug got already fixed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-164631.jpg
    Screenshot_20210124-164631.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: stronzetto

KiteGX

Jul 12, 2016
The dialer speaker issue on vanilla is still present. Here's a log if it's any help. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2021_01_24.log
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

stronzetto

Nov 26, 2010
Hi! Great ROM! Thank you! :D
After over a week of usage I didn't find any particular issue.
I just found a minor bug - sometimes when I open the recent apps list with the gesture (swipe-up) the animation stops in between and doesn't let me scroll the tabs. Sometimes it's annoying because it happens 3-4 times in a row.
I attach a screenshot.

I'm still running the build from the 12nd of January so maybe the bug got already fixed.

Same issue here. Animation freezes for 2 seconds without letting me getting back to home screen.
And also the issue with automatic brightness.

EDIT: I will try the latest 24 Jan build

Criticalstriker

Sep 3, 2013
Minsk
Chat bubbles stopped working after a while, rom is quite laggy, is this related to a weird kernel thing ?

Fingerprint scanner works faster than all other times believe it or not.

stronzetto

Nov 26, 2010
Same issue here. Animation freezes for 2 seconds without letting me getting back to home screen.
And also the issue with automatic brightness.

EDIT: I will try the latest 24 Jan build

Installed the 24/01/21 ROM.
Auto brightess is almost fixed. It's not buggy as before but sometimes goes crazy without any smoothing between various brightness level.
I can't enable DC Dimming and night shift together.

Animation issue is fixed.

This ROM is perfectly stable and battery life way better than stable MIUI 12 Android 10.
Animations are smooth and never got lags related to SystemUI.
I recommend this ROM

daniml3

Apr 2, 2017
Chat bubbles stopped working after a while, rom is quite laggy, is this related to a weird kernel thing ?

Fingerprint scanner works faster than all other times believe it or not.

The phone may be laggy randomly while charging. If happens, disconnect, wait a few seconds and start charging again (if you want).

starflower

Nov 26, 2019
Hey everyone. I saw that stock camera libraries are included since recently. Has anyone successfully installed ANX Camera? If so, which version did you found working? I saw there is a build for Android 11 by Noid on https://camera.aeonax.com/, ANXCameraUnity_185R.SaltyIntelligentPlainsqueaker.zip + 48 megapixel patch 48MPFixR_200.MenacingDisastrousNorwaylobster.zip Has anyone tried those?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Camera, and popup camera
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint on display
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • Cast
    • Any other thing that is not listed in the "What doesn't work" list

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me

For reporting bugs, be sure to include a log : check how to

HOW TO INSTALL
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe System , Cache, ART Cache and Data
    • Flash the ROM
    • Flash any addons (GApps, Magisk...)
    • Format data if you are encrypted
    • Reboot

HOW TO UPDATE
    • You can update via OTA OR:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the new ROM
    • Flash any addons that you were using previously (GApps, Magisk...)
    • Reboot

DOWNLOADS
    Recommended recovery is official TWRP.
    Click here to Download Android 11 OFFICIAL version
    Click here to join the chat for ArrowOS OFFICIAL for davinci

Read our blog article/post about:
    HOW-TO report a bug
    GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: ArrowOS-Devices

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS 11 for davinci, ROM for the Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Contributors
    daniml3
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 20.10.20
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-09-30
    Last Updated 2020-11-29
    Anyone facing problems when using the on screen fingerprint in apps? I try to unlock my OneDrive personal vault and then I get a "SystemUI has stopped" message. Gonna send a bug report soon but just to know
    Yes, I'm also facing the same problem after latest update...
    Known issue, will be fixed in future builds! (Basically on 16/03/21)
    A possibility to disable the AOD during the night would be great.

You can just put the phone with the screen facing to the table or whatever and it will turn off.
    @daniml3, you have done a fantastic job on sorting out the problems with the FOD, I have had 0 issues with it over the last 2 nightlies, i skipped the first nightly.

I would still like to ask about the burn-in potential on the AOD and if there is any mitigations in place for that.

Also, can we have a brightness adjustment for AOD?

I never did try to replicate the hung TWRP that happened when I rebooted to recovery from the advanced power menu. I solved my problem by flashing OrangeFox R11.0 (unofficial) and I was able to get my phone working again.

This ROM has been fantastic, I installed the ROM right out of the box on my 9T, I didn't use the MIUI (i have before and don't like it), I did do some Antutu testing at one point with the earlier builds (pre OTA) and supposedly this ROM is actually faster than the MIUI for this phone, which is just fantastic. Thank you for your hard work and I hope everybody else is enjoying this ROM as well.

AOD won't make burn-in as the items move slightly.
    I installed version with pre-included Google package but now I read that Ok Google doesn't work in this version which I need. To fix that can I just dirty flash vanilla version and GApps or how to fix this issue without data loss/data format?

You can dirty flash vanilla + gapps but you may have issues because of that. Anyways, we will add the feature to gapps version asap.