[ROM][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS [Android 11][davinci]

Search This thread

billy_overheat

Is anyone facing the problem of using a third party launcher like nova, hyperion, poco or lawn chair which they sort of like slow down a bit to go back to the home screen after using certain apps like facebook and chrome? I believe they are still in the memory as I did not optimize them in battery setting and have put them on benchmark mode. I was using pixel experience and noticed this. I thought it was a rom-related problem. Now I'm wondering whether it's android 11's problem.

Can anyone offer some help? Thanks in advance.

daniml3

Apr 2, 2017
Is anyone facing the problem of using a third party launcher like nova, hyperion, poco or lawn chair which they sort of like slow down a bit to go back to the home screen after using certain apps like facebook and chrome? I believe they are still in the memory as I did not optimize them in battery setting and have put them on benchmark mode. I was using pixel experience and noticed this. I thought it was a rom-related problem. Now I'm wondering whether it's android 11's problem.

Hey. Android 11 doesn't support correctly third party launchers due to no recents apps integration. For a good experience use the stock launcher, or some other launcher that integrates with recents, but this last option is at your own risk. General Android 11 "bug".

billy_overheat

Hey. Android 11 doesn't support correctly third party launchers due to no recents apps integration. For a good experience use the stock launcher, or some other launcher that integrates with recents, but this last option is at your own risk. General Android 11 "bug".
My bad. I've left the flashing a long time ago. I see. Just did a bit of read up and looks like the 'recent apps' is quite a long-time problem. Do you have any recommendations? Lawnchair used to have a magisk module called lawnstep but they are no longer using it. The default launcher does not have much customization so I'm still searching. Thanks again for replying.

pmaioli

Apr 13, 2013
Can I use screen overclock 82hz in that ROM? Do it works? I am using actualy PE BS 10 with screen overclock since october last year and i have a very good user xperience. I cannot switch to a ROM in which I will not have it.

Gunnermedia

Feb 21, 2020
Anyone facing problems when using the on screen fingerprint in apps? I try to unlock my OneDrive personal vault and then I get a "SystemUI has stopped" message. Gonna send a bug report soon but just to know

daniml3

Apr 2, 2017
Anyone facing problems when using the on screen fingerprint in apps? I try to unlock my OneDrive personal vault and then I get a "SystemUI has stopped" message. Gonna send a bug report soon but just to know
Yes, I'm also facing the same problem after latest update...
Known issue, will be fixed in future builds! (Basically on 16/03/21)

Reactions: JaredG_ and Bygepp

daniml3

Apr 2, 2017
My bad. I've left the flashing a long time ago. I see. Just did a bit of read up and looks like the 'recent apps' is quite a long-time problem. Do you have any recommendations? Lawnchair used to have a magisk module called lawnstep but they are no longer using it. The default launcher does not have much customization so I'm still searching. Thanks again for replying.
Well, I use the stock launcher. Indeed it doesn't have much customization but its the most stable thing I found, you may want to try OxygenOS Launcher, but I never tried it :)

wahuka

Sep 15, 2011

The latest version of Nova launcher supports android 11

Nemesismeister

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, is there a way to disable the rotation when the phone is upside down? Sometimes it auto-rotates upside down when I'm laying down sideways in my bed watching videos. Thanks in advance.

multimill

Jun 8, 2014
Münster
Hello,

I am having a problem with some battery saving features. If I don't use the phone it will stop/pause some apps which is fine but even some system apps are stopped (eg the system clock on always on display or the playstore which leads that the auto update does not work).
Is there anything I can do to prevent the behaviour?

SteBruening

Jul 23, 2019
Hello,
first thank you for this ROM i used it for a few Months now and really enjoyed the overall experience, but noticed some bugs.

My headphones (TWS NB2) would (randomly? sometimes often, sometimes rarely) become unresponsive.
They would show up as connected on my Phone but no Sound would play. Then after maybe a minute or so i would hear the connection sound and they would work again.

What I tried that did not help:
Gabeldorsche enabled/disabled
Different Bluetooth profiles
Newest Global and CN firmware
OTA updates
Resetting my TWS NB2

I looked at the Bluetooth log and saw that the connection would time out and reconnect later. I attributed the problem to my TWS NB2 so never made a bug report about it.

Finally two/three days ago (after OTA update) my phone would turn off randomly. I also noticed that when WiFi was turned on (on the phone),it would disrupt the Bluetooth connection between my PC and Sony Headphones.
After this i switched to the Pixel Experience ROM and since then had no problems at all with Bluetooth and WiFi,
so it seems there is a problem with your ROM or some other problem on my end that was fixed by the clean install of a new ROM.

I have bug reports taken through adb right after the problem occurred. They include Bluetooth logs and other things. I don't have any logcat other than the bug report though. I don't know how helpful the bug reports are.
Tell me if you are interested in them (since they contain some personal information i would DM them to you.)
I hope this is helpful in any way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Camera, and popup camera
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint on display
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • Cast
    • Any other thing that is not listed in the "What doesn't work" list

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me

For reporting bugs, be sure to include a log : check how to

HOW TO INSTALL
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe System , Cache, ART Cache and Data
    • Flash the ROM
    • Flash any addons (GApps, Magisk...)
    • Format data if you are encrypted
    • Reboot

HOW TO UPDATE
    • You can update via OTA OR:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the new ROM
    • Flash any addons that you were using previously (GApps, Magisk...)
    • Reboot

DOWNLOADS
    Recommended recovery is official TWRP.
    Click here to Download Android 11 OFFICIAL version
    Click here to join the chat for ArrowOS OFFICIAL for davinci

Read our blog article/post about:
    HOW-TO report a bug
    GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: ArrowOS-Devices

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS 11 for davinci, ROM for the Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Contributors
    daniml3
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 20.10.20
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-09-30
    Last Updated 2020-11-29
    Yes, I'm also facing the same problem after latest update...
    Known issue, will be fixed in future builds! (Basically on 16/03/21)
    A possibility to disable the AOD during the night would be great.

You can just put the phone with the screen facing to the table or whatever and it will turn off.
    @daniml3, you have done a fantastic job on sorting out the problems with the FOD, I have had 0 issues with it over the last 2 nightlies, i skipped the first nightly.

I would still like to ask about the burn-in potential on the AOD and if there is any mitigations in place for that.

Also, can we have a brightness adjustment for AOD?

I never did try to replicate the hung TWRP that happened when I rebooted to recovery from the advanced power menu. I solved my problem by flashing OrangeFox R11.0 (unofficial) and I was able to get my phone working again.

This ROM has been fantastic, I installed the ROM right out of the box on my 9T, I didn't use the MIUI (i have before and don't like it), I did do some Antutu testing at one point with the earlier builds (pre OTA) and supposedly this ROM is actually faster than the MIUI for this phone, which is just fantastic. Thank you for your hard work and I hope everybody else is enjoying this ROM as well.

AOD won't make burn-in as the items move slightly.
    I installed version with pre-included Google package but now I read that Ok Google doesn't work in this version which I need. To fix that can I just dirty flash vanilla version and GApps or how to fix this issue without data loss/data format?

You can dirty flash vanilla + gapps but you may have issues because of that. Anyways, we will add the feature to gapps version asap.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone