[ROM][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS [Android 11][davinci]

Search This thread

stratal

May 9, 2022
Hi, same here. After latest update (5th may) I see every 30 sec the green geolocation indicator appear, if I click it, it says "phone service" is using geolocation.

- I have geolocation always disabled
- In "Phone services" system app, I see "geolocation last usage 1 min ago", always
- I cannot revoke geolocation permission to this system app, settings are grayed out
- never happened before may 5th update

nnixonn

Aug 23, 2010
Hi, same here. After latest update (5th may) I see every 30 sec the green geolocation indicator appear, if I click it, it says "phone service" is using geolocation.

- I have geolocation always disabled
- In "Phone services" system app, I see "geolocation last usage 1 min ago", always
- I cannot revoke geolocation permission to this system app, settings are grayed out
- never happened before may 5th update
Hello. For this i turned off last choice in developer tools. It is nessesary to turn it off every phone restart, but it works.

nnixonn

Aug 23, 2010
Hello. Thank you for awesome ROM. Im using latest gapps version.
Sometimes when i need to use fingerprint sensor the image of fingerprint is little bellow than actual position of sensor. Please is possible to align it? Thank you.

stratal

May 9, 2022
Hello. For this i turned off last choice in developer tools. It is nessesary to turn it off every phone restart, but it works.
Hi, yes, we can remove the green indicator this way but this is not a solution to the problem, I want to stop unecessary geolocation checks, not hide the indicator.

stratal

May 9, 2022
Hello. Thank you for awesome ROM. Im using latest gapps version.
Sometimes when i need to use fingerprint sensor the image of fingerprint is little bellow than actual position of sensor. Please is possible to align it? Thank you.
Yep, I notice that too, the finger image is perfect in the lockscreen but it's not when you have to use finger to unlock an app. In this case the fingerprint image is 1 cm lower than the correct sensor position.

iceboy91

May 2, 2012
I know this is Arrow OS Anroid 11 topic, but I could not find the topic for Arrow OS Android 12.1 that is why I am writing here. First of all If there is a such topic for Arrow OS A12.1 can you please guide me there? If not, can you guys please tell me what is the required firmware and installation steps for flashing Arrow OS 12.1 on my davinci (Mi 9T)

Thank you

WizBennyBenn

Mar 25, 2020
I know this is Arrow OS Anroid 11 topic, but I could not find the topic for Arrow OS Android 12.1 that is why I am writing here. First of all If there is a such topic for Arrow OS A12.1 can you please guide me there? If not, can you guys please tell me what is the required firmware and installation steps for flashing Arrow OS 12.1 on my davinci (Mi 9T)

Thank you
Latest firmware vendor

TWRP
Format data
Clean dalvik + cache
Flash latest vendor
Flash rom
Magisk(optional)
Gapps(optional)
Reboot

Reactions: iceboy91

catalin560

Jun 21, 2020
yo! awesome ROM, already have it for a couple of days, but there are a few things I'm curious about... I previously used LineageOS which had some features that I got used to, like you could add a status icon for network activity (download/upload) but it seems to be missing in this ROM (Arrow 12.1) and you could long press the Back button to kill current app. Does anyone know if I can get these back?

catalin560

Jun 21, 2020
Also today I had my 1st OTA update experience, I chose to flash the vanilla version and picked a custom gapps (NikGapps core) since I thought it was less bloated, but after update the Google services aren't working anymore, so am I to expect this every time after a update? should I just flash the gapps version instead?

catalin560

Jun 21, 2020
well I was curious to try another custom gapps since NikGapps core breaks after ArrowOS updates itself, but in the end I just flashed the official gapps version and used https://github.com/0x192/universal-android-debloater to remove the bloated google apps, though I had to also replace stuff like dialer, contacts, sms or clock... the stock ones from the AOSP are way better than what google is offering, sadly I couldn't install those...

rovinsonas

Feb 15, 2016
Hello
I try to install 12.1 rom using your instructions but even if the rom appears to be installed successfully I get a bootloop to twrp recovery when I reboot the phone,I use the latest twrp file from the official site

nand95

May 26, 2022
Latest firmware vendor

TWRP
Format data
Clean dalvik + cache
Flash latest vendor
Flash rom
Magisk(optional)
Gapps(optional)
Reboot

Hi, I'm currently stuck with Android 10 (MIUI 12.0.5.0.QFJEUXM) firmware because Xiaomi retired the Android 11 update because of a bug (I think).
Do I need to install that A11 update before ArrowOS 12.1? If yes, how do I install it? Downloading the fastboot rom will work?

xyl0

Apr 28, 2017
Hi, I'm currently stuck with Android 10 (MIUI 12.0.5.0.QFJEUXM) firmware because Xiaomi retired the Android 11 update because of a bug (I think).
Do I need to install that A11 update before ArrowOS 12.1? If yes, how do I install it? Downloading the fastboot rom will work?
I've almost bricked my phone because I misunderstood what he meant with "Vendor".

Anyways that's how it worked
Make sure that TWRP is installed.
Make sure that you still can upload ROMs and files once your Phone is in TWRP mode.

Anyways boot into TWRP
Connect your phone to the PC via USB.
You will probably see a buch of gibberish filenames on PC because of encryption
Format Data (that will erase everything make backups before)
Clean dalvik + cache
Reboot into the TWRP
Now upload the Firmware and 12.1 ROM with GAPPS from PC to the Phone
(https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/davinci/) I've used V12.1.1.0.RFJEUXM EUROPE because I'm from Europe
Flash the Firmware first
Flash the ROM
Clean dalvik + cache
Reboot

Reactions: iceboy91

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Still thinking if i should go for an A12 rom. Since i don't know how much annoyances(new installation setup/rom change) on a TWRP without decryption support would make

So far the rom itself seems to be fluid and responsive but the stated bugs are a deal breaker for me.

Not sure if it is helpful in your case to remove the bugs. But that is written as a bot answer in a telegram channel. Maybe after installation you needed to do another format data again to access full encryption/finish complete setup? Anyone?

#how-to-install

How to install ArrowOS 11.0 or ArrowOS 12.0 coming from A11 ROM (clean flash):
    1-) Download the ROM and the firmware and save it to the internal storage or to an OTG device
    2-) Reboot to recovery
    * For the following steps you MUST NOT reboot between them
    3-) Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    4-) Search for the firmware, flash it, then search for the ROM file and install it
    5-) Install GApps if you are using Vanilla variant and you want Google Play
    6-) Format data
    7-) You can now reboot and enjoy

Note for ArrowOS 12.0:
    for now recovery can't decrypt A12
    - So it won't be possible to directly update with twrp without formating data first (go to recovery -> format data -> reboot to recovery -> add ROM and fw -> then you can start at step 3) -> ALL DATAS WILL BE LOST
    - It's also possible to install by using adb sideload
    Fully restored the phone with the original firmware and miui rom and proceed to restart the twrp installation and flash the most recent firmware.

Surprise surprise it worked. So far I could not reproduce any of the previously stated errors and everything seems to be working as expected.

I'll run this rom for a week or so and will test it a bit further
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Camera, and popup camera
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint on display
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • Cast
    • Any other thing that is not listed in the "What doesn't work" list

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me

For reporting bugs, be sure to include a log : check how to

HOW TO INSTALL
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe System , Cache, ART Cache and Data
    • Flash the ROM
    • Flash any addons (GApps, Magisk...)
    • Format data if you are encrypted
    • Reboot

HOW TO UPDATE
    • You can update via OTA OR:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the new ROM
    • Flash any addons that you were using previously (GApps, Magisk...)
    • Reboot

DOWNLOADS
    Recommended recovery is official TWRP.
    Click here to Download Android 11 OFFICIAL version
    Click here to join the chat for ArrowOS OFFICIAL for davinci

Read our blog article/post about:
    HOW-TO report a bug
    GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: ArrowOS-Devices

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS 11 for davinci, ROM for the Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Contributors
    daniml3
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 20.10.20
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-09-30
    Last Updated 2020-11-29
    Hello there,
    I faced the same issue as before, I'm using TWRP and whenever I try to update the ROM it tells me there was a mistake. So I had to do a clean flash straight out from TWRP rather than regularly update it.

Is any of you facing the same problem? Did you manage to update straight from the system updater?
    It's not possible to update via the system updater atm, because the recoveries are not yet able to decrypt Android 12 storage. So in order to update, you either have to clean flash, or you can use ADB sideload connected to a computer to dirty flash. Another option would be to use a USB stick via OTG and put the image on there.
    Basically... Install adb on the pc, download rom zip to adb installation folder, open command prompt window in adb installation directory, phone in recovery/advanced/sideload, type adb sideload "rom/update name".zip in command window, wipe Dalvik and cache and let it finish reboot
    It keeps getting better and better... Awesome job guys definitely the best A12 Rom, stable, fast, great battery life, and updated regularly... If you want to leave MIUI and A11 behind, this one is your best option without a doubt...
    Edit (phone encrypted, unrooted)
    A possibility to disable the AOD during the night would be great.

You can just put the phone with the screen facing to the table or whatever and it will turn off.