[ROM][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS [Android 11][davinci]

Search This thread

onurude

Sep 30, 2010
Sakarya
Can't say anything objectively, as i spend most days at home and thus don't use phone much. But compared to year old pixel experience (which was ok at the start) it's really good. With PE, by night i had like 20% from 100% in the morning, while having screen time of maybe 30 minutes, also having spotify on for 2 hours meant that i deffinetely would have to charge during the day. Now with same usecases i have 70% by night without using phone much (i use AOD), and if i go out and have to use maps and listen to spotify, i usually get 35% by night.
I'm currently using Picsel Inexperience too. But I'm really frustrated about battery life. I don't need too much personalization, stock pixel android experinence is enough for me. All I need is a healthy battery consumption. I will give Arrow OS a try about that. Maybe it will be better like your experience. Thank you so much!

entr0cks

Jan 21, 2017
Getting an issue after a few weeks of use by my father where the screen during boot (MI, Android and Arrow OS logos) is very dim, can see in a darker environment (or covering with a hand) and the moment it gets past them it turns completely black within a few frames of the next thing - e.g. the SIM card's PIN keyboard. Also when doing power + vol-up button to enter recovery I see the MI logo (powered by android) followed by a TWRP screen for a moment.

So the screen is consistently visible for two separate amounts of time - during recovery vs normal boot.

Since I haven't enabled developer options and the debug mode I can't get access to it via "adb" besides seeing it recovery mode when going the TWRP route. Making it possible to use adb shell, but there seem to be many commands missing. Seem to have root permission at least, could recursively delete a cache directory.
Found brightness options in an xml file (/data/system/users/0/settings_system.xml), but either I have set bad values or they're not loaded in with just restarting or not used at all...
XML:
<setting id="16" name="screen_brightness_mode" value="1" package="android" defaultValue="1" defaultSysSet="true" />
<setting id="15" name="screen_brightness_for_vr" value="86" package="android" defaultValue="86" defaultSysSet="true" />
<setting id="90" name="screen_brightness_float" value="0.006170333" package="android" defaultValue="0.006170333" defaultSysSet="true" />
<setting id="91" name="screen_brightness" value="3" package="android" defaultValue="3" defaultSysSet="true" />
// Tried setting brightness to 100 and 255, the mode to 0 or 1 and float to 1 and 0.906170333. Might've used bad combinations too, where one would've caused a fallback solution?

Could use some help, have only flashed ROMs a few times on a few devices before and used adb for Android (Java) development.

Sadly can't seem to make the screen visible with a bright flashlight as with an LCD screen, since it's an AMOLED.
Ideas:
Ways to mirror the screen or take screenshots in recovery?
Is it possible to sideload with adb in "recovery" mode? Could try newer Arrow OS (12.1)?
Would the previous (new ROM) even touch settings that are used when displaying MI logo?
Getting to a mode other than "recovery"?

CATSUPERBERG

Sep 17, 2019
I'm currently using Picsel Inexperience too. But I'm really frustrated about battery life. I don't need too much personalization, stock pixel android experinence is enough for me. All I need is a healthy battery consumption. I will give Arrow OS a try about that. Maybe it will be better like your experience. Thank you so much!
I was on official Pixel Experience rather than Picsel Inexperience. But Arrow have a couple of problem of it's own. I too don't need anything besides basic android stuff (maybe root for couple of small tweaks). For now... it's mostly alright, annoyingly it can't read fingerprint on AOD (it can for 5 sec after locking a screen, but after it stops), AOD doesn't turn off when in pocket (when proximity sensor covered), and TWRP can't see encryption or something (it doesn't ask for password, and internal folders are gibberish, thus i can't actually use root stuff as i can't install magisk manager).

nnixonn

Aug 23, 2010
Fingerprint on AoD - yes it is not working same as in miui, but you can use fingerprint on lockscreen
AoD doesnt turn off in pocket - it is not true, this is working
TWRP - you can install unofficial twrp, where android 12 encryption working well - search here on xda
Root - same as twrp. You can flash magisk with unofficial twrp

Im using ArrowOS for a month and for me it is best working ROM for mi9t.

CATSUPERBERG

Sep 17, 2019
Fingerprint on AoD - yes it is not working same as in miui, but you can use fingerprint on lockscreen
AoD doesnt turn off in pocket - it is not true, this is working
TWRP - you can install unofficial twrp, where android 12 encryption working well - search here on xda
Root - same as twrp. You can flash magisk with unofficial twrp

Im using ArrowOS for a month and for me it is best working ROM for mi9t.
Not working fingerpring on AoD is trash, it worked on MIUI on phone release IDK about now, on Pixel Experience and Lineage OS it had troubles for a few months as ROM started come out, but then it worked perfectly (well, as good as this sensor can work).
For me, covering the proximity sensor doesn't turn off the screen on AoD, this problem too was present for months on first versions of PE and Lineage, but then they fixed it.
Thanks for TWRP suggestion.

rffslow

Dec 26, 2011
On the Android 11 build we had an App Lock feature, but now i updated to the 12.1 build and i can't find it.
Was it removed?

iceboy91

May 2, 2012
Hello everyone. I have been using Arrow OS 12.1 for a while. Can anyone please recommend me a GCAM version for Arrow OS Android 12.1 version? I have tried some but the experience was not good...

iceboy91

May 2, 2012

NiceSk1ll3r

Aug 6, 2020
Anyone knows why "Prevent accidental wake up" is not working? Toggle should be located in Display → Lock Screen, but it's empty. A12.1, latest,

When I search in settings app, it says that it should be there, but when I go into Lock Screen settings, it doesn't appear.

Last edited:

Denkoshu

Aug 24, 2022
Thank you @daniml3

I hope an Android 13 update on the Xiaomi mi 9T ( davinci ) stable if you make this version of the phone, I really thank you for everything you do with updates and security updates and Android updates.

Thanks to you my phone is no longer down on security updates and Android versions.

NiceSk1ll3r

Aug 6, 2020
Thank you @daniml3

I hope an Android 13 update on the Xiaomi mi 9T ( davinci ) stable if you make this version of the phone, I really thank you for everything you do with updates and security updates and Android updates.

Thanks to you my phone is no longer down on security updates and Android versions.
You do know that RemyL did A12.1 for 9T, right? :)

Kogar

Nov 22, 2008
Seems like A13 is on the way. There is a first(second) experimental test build but not everything working yet.
At this speed maybe a few weeks more for a first complete working rom?

#ArrowOS #UNOFFICIAL #A13
ArrowOS 13 UNOFFICIAL | Android 13 | Test Build
Changes date from: 2022-08-28

▪️
Download:
GAPPS VANILLA
▪️
Group
https://t.me/arrowdavinci
Trees: Here
https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices
Arrow changelogs: here
Device changelogs:
- Everything should work except screen off and aod fod
- This build have signature spoofing this will be the only test build with signature spooffing

BE CAREFUL AND ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DATAS.
It's possible to dirty flash from Arrow 12.1 official to Arrow 13 unofficial, however i recommend clean flash. Feel free to test and report.
It will be possible to dirty flash from Arrow 13 unofficial to Arrow 13 official.

This is a test build, feel free to report any issue and battery backup.

Credits:
• @Ariank16a for device trees and help.
• @daniml3 for help

By @RemyLmp
Follow @redmik20updates
Join @RedmiK20GlobalOfficial

Reactions: LiamAtkins90

Denkoshu

Aug 24, 2022
Hello,

Thanks for the news, I'm glad that the update to A13 is done on mi 9T davinci, and thanks RemyL.

iceboy91

May 2, 2012
Hello guys, I am on official android 12.1 version, is there a way of disabling this wallpaper colors or basic color feature? Its really annoying me and I can't stand to it. I just want it to be black, just black plain dark mode.

Thank you in advance.

iceboy91

May 2, 2012
I am not able to use WhatsApp web on the latest official 12.1 build. It gets stuck at the fingerprint screen when you touch "Link a device" a screen comes up you were supposed to unlock it with your fingerprint and then camera should start to scan the code. But it gets stuck at the fingerprint step...

wavves

Apr 14, 2015
Is it only me or the Google Photos unlimited storage started counting towards the data limit? I still see the message that this pixel provides unlimited uploads - but it doesn't.
I tried clearing Google Photo's cache etc, didn't help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Camera, and popup camera
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint on display
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • Cast
    • Any other thing that is not listed in the "What doesn't work" list

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me

For reporting bugs, be sure to include a log : check how to

HOW TO INSTALL
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe System , Cache, ART Cache and Data
    • Flash the ROM
    • Flash any addons (GApps, Magisk...)
    • Format data if you are encrypted
    • Reboot

HOW TO UPDATE
    • You can update via OTA OR:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the new ROM
    • Flash any addons that you were using previously (GApps, Magisk...)
    • Reboot

DOWNLOADS
    Recommended recovery is official TWRP.
    Click here to Download Android 11 OFFICIAL version
    Click here to join the chat for ArrowOS OFFICIAL for davinci

Read our blog article/post about:
    HOW-TO report a bug
    GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: ArrowOS-Devices

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS 11 for davinci, ROM for the Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Contributors
    daniml3
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 20.10.20
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-09-30
    Last Updated 2020-11-29
    Hello there,
    I faced the same issue as before, I'm using TWRP and whenever I try to update the ROM it tells me there was a mistake. So I had to do a clean flash straight out from TWRP rather than regularly update it.

Is any of you facing the same problem? Did you manage to update straight from the system updater?
    It's not possible to update via the system updater atm, because the recoveries are not yet able to decrypt Android 12 storage. So in order to update, you either have to clean flash, or you can use ADB sideload connected to a computer to dirty flash. Another option would be to use a USB stick via OTG and put the image on there.
    Basically... Install adb on the pc, download rom zip to adb installation folder, open command prompt window in adb installation directory, phone in recovery/advanced/sideload, type adb sideload "rom/update name".zip in command window, wipe Dalvik and cache and let it finish reboot
    It keeps getting better and better... Awesome job guys definitely the best A12 Rom, stable, fast, great battery life, and updated regularly... If you want to leave MIUI and A11 behind, this one is your best option without a doubt...
    Edit (phone encrypted, unrooted)
    A possibility to disable the AOD during the night would be great.

You can just put the phone with the screen facing to the table or whatever and it will turn off.