• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS [Android 11][sweet]

Search This thread

melavi

Nov 3, 2017
The rom is very nice, thanks again
I just have a issue on the color of the notification bar, they are in black and white
If i sweep down it, the transparent grey layer show the color, any idea?
I tried every setting possible i think, tried another launcher but it does nt aplly for the bar
Thank you

sparkplug619

Jun 20, 2009
San Diego
HTC One X
HTC One X+
File hosting is insanely slow.... 50kbps. Ive gotten 0.1/1.0GB after an hour...
Ive tried downloading from all 3 servers, different times throughout the day, different devices, resetting internet.

i havent tried another network yet because my phone is stuck in recovery and I cant stand to be around the people at starbucks, or the people outside of my house, also the people inside my house.... the people in my head are pretty cool tho.

daniml3

Apr 2, 2017
Moto G5 Plus
Redmi Note 10 Pro
File hosting is insanely slow.... 50kbps. Ive gotten 0.1/1.0GB after an hour...
Ive tried downloading from all 3 servers, different times throughout the day, different devices, resetting internet.

i havent tried another network yet because my phone is stuck in recovery and I cant stand to be around the people at starbucks, or the people outside of my house, also the people inside my house.... the people in my head are pretty cool tho.
Well, I wouldn't be that sure. If download its slow for you then its most likely your ISP issue.

1624265065928.png

daniml3

Apr 2, 2017
Moto G5 Plus
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Quick question regarding the built-in updater, will I be able to download updates as I need or do they need to be installed sequentially based on the date of release?

Eg Am currently on the 16 June build will the updater allow me to download the 20th June build and skip the 18th?
You can jump to the latest version without installing the previous ones.

Reactions: somerandomhash

sparkplug619

Jun 20, 2009
San Diego
HTC One X
HTC One X+
Well, I wouldn't be that sure. If download its slow for you then its most likely your ISP issue.

View attachment 5343889

Ill accept it being a problem with me rather than the server... or the server is mad at me due to my tendancy to forget my wallet during dinner..... sry babe..

im tired. hopefully it doesnt end up failing by the time i wake back up.. I prefer this rom over what ive tried so far

frankiess

Oct 24, 2011
Redmi Note 10 Pro
After the latest update, my camera issues came back with a vengeance. Now face unlock and the QR code reader were freezing as well. Decided to do a factory reset and reinstall from scratch.

On my first installation, I used adb to push the ROM file. Thought it would be fine, considering the recovery couldn't read my data.

This time I installed using an sdcard, as the installation guide says to do.

And everything WORKS FINE now. No camera issues. No face unlock issues etc. Even Bluetooth works better, didn't notice it was faulty before.

TLDR: If you're having a buggy experience, make sure you follow the installation instructions precisely.

frazazel

Dec 30, 2020
I was just coming here to say that the instructions lead you to install the recovery and then reboot the recovery, warning you not to reboot into MIUI again or you'll have to do that step again. Then it tells you to install the file off of your SD card, which I didn't know how to do without rebooting into MIUI again. So I started thinking about just installing the ROM file with adb instead. Glad I found your instruction to not do that.

The official instructions should probably be updated to tell you to have this file ready on your SD card before you start rather than assume it halfway in when going back to complete that step will make you redo steps.

Edit: Actually, installation is not working for me. ArrowOS recovery (09-06-21) doesn't give me the option to install from SD. So I'm resorting to installing via adb sideload. We'll see how it goes.

Edit 2: Experiencing the same camera-crashing behaviour as other users. I repurposed a microSD card from another device to try installing via it instead of from internal memory, and that worked. I'm just going through phone initialization again now. This requirement for an external SD card should be more explicitly stated in the instructions, too, since android often refers to internal memory as "SD".

Edit 3: Getting the same camera-crashing behaviour after reinstallation from SD card. I can work around it using camera2 api, though. Camera 1 is selfie, 0 is main, 2 is B&W (depth sensor?), 3 is macro, 4 is ultra-wide, 5 is ??? (main again?), and 6 crashes the camera app. It's annoying, but it's serviceable.

Edit 4: Installed BSG's latest gcam (I installed "snap" apk), and it's configured to use all of RN10P's cameras correctly. Not sure about resolution or quality of photos compared to stock MIUI camera app, but camera ease of use is basically back up to 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: xfahim and andynx1

frankiess

Oct 24, 2011
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I was just coming here to say that the instructions lead you to install the recovery and then reboot the recovery, warning you not to reboot into MIUI again or you'll have to do that step again. Then it tells you to install the file off of your SD card, which I didn't know how to do without rebooting into MIUI again. So I started thinking about just installing the ROM file with adb instead. Glad I found your instruction to not do that.

The official instructions should probably be updated to tell you to have this file ready on your SD card before you start rather than assume it halfway in when going back to complete that step will make you redo steps.

Edit: Actually, installation is not working for me. ArrowOS recovery (09-06-21) doesn't give me the option to install from SD. So I'm resorting to installing via adb sideload. We'll see how it goes.

Edit 2: Experiencing the same camera-crashing behaviour as other users. I repurposed a microSD card from another device to try installing via it instead of from internal memory, and that worked. I'm just going through phone initialization again now. This requirement for an external SD card should be more explicitly stated in the instructions, too, since android often refers to internal memory as "SD".

Edit 3: Getting the same camera-crashing behaviour after reinstallation from SD card. I can work around it using camera2 api, though. Camera 1 is selfie, 0 is main, 2 is B&W (depth sensor?), 3 is macro, 4 is ultra-wide, 5 is ??? (main again?), and 6 crashes the camera app. It's annoying, but it's serviceable.

Edit 4: Installed BSG's latest gcam (I installed "snap" apk), and it's configured to use all of RN10P's cameras correctly. Not sure about resolution or quality of photos compared to stock MIUI camera app, but camera ease of use is basically back up to 100%.
Yeah I did exactly the same thing the first time. No SD cards available, so I just figured ADB was the next best thing. - Nope.

But wait, you have the same camera crashing behavior even after installing from SD card? Damn. I thought that was the consistent mistake and daniml3 could get some useful data out of this.

Can you try reinstalling one more time from SD card, factory resetting before and after install? Because for me the great ROM is now perfect. Had a really fun time taking photos today, first time in a LONG time.

frazazel

Dec 30, 2020
Yeah I did exactly the same thing the first time. No SD cards available, so I just figured ADB was the next best thing. - Nope.

But wait, you have the same camera crashing behavior even after installing from SD card? Damn. I thought that was the consistent mistake and daniml3 could get some useful data out of this.

Can you try reinstalling one more time from SD card, factory resetting before and after install? Because for me the great ROM is now perfect. Had a really fun time taking photos today, first time in a LONG time.
After installing the gcam app, I'm not getting any crashing. It's not trying to access camera 6 (camera2 api), which I suppose doesn't exist and was causing the crashing behaviour when I was using opencam.

As far as I can tell, this is an error caused by the camera software trying to access camera hardware that doesn't exist. Possibly the rom is telling the camera app that there are more cameras than really exist, or it may be entirely the fault of the camera software (although this behaviour was present in more than one camera app that was highly rated in the app store, so probably not). Or it could be any number of other harder-to-find issues.

At this time, I've got my phone working in a way that appears to fully meet my needs, and I'm not in a place where I can dedicate additional time to testing this issue. I can say that when switching from the first installation (installed via adb) to the second installation (installed from an sd card), I did not factory reset before the re-installation, but I did factory reset directly after.

Reactions: frankiess

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build available with the following changes:
    • Fixed oversaturated colors
    • Reworked color modes
    • Improved idle drain
    "Improved" is somewhat of an understatement: the version before had _terrible_ battery life, and now it looks pretty good.

Just curious, what kind of changes you did to have such drastic effect? Just a link to code review/commit is fine.
    I just blocked a Bluetooth wakelock https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/...mmit/e2bfeb0eac95de120605e108df11c53741afffe0
    I have used both Pixel Experience and ArrowOS for a short time (approx 3 days each). I'd like to give a review.

Before the review, I'll talk about my expectations:
    I'm not a gamer or a heavy user. But I download large files very frequently. I'm just a user searching for a clean experience for prolonged battery life.

This is my review:
    PE - Battery optimization is amazing. The battery runs longer than Arrow and MIUI at 120Hz. You literally don't need to put it in 60Hz, cause it's that optimized. RAM management is decent and is quite similar to that of Arrow. But, I have faced few hiccups (I really mean FEW). It seemed as though the 120Hz wasn't able to keep up in these hiccups.
    Arrow - Man oh man, it's clean. I mean, really clean. I have only liked PE for its cleanliness before. But this is really clean. However, the price you pay is in terms of battery usage. 120Hz works like a charm (I felt it smoother than PE), but the battery drain is fast. What I mean by clean is the customizability. For example, I can't change the clock format or remove the Google search in PE home screen. In this, I could. I could also turn off app suggestions.

Summary: PE is battery green, Arrow is cleaner.

Hope this helps...:)

P.S. In both, BSG GCam works like a charm.
    @daniml3 Thanks for the great rom.

In all web calls (ms teams/ google chat) i am getting reports that the my voice is breaking and not clear. Is this a bug or something wrong with the device itself?
    Since the latest (04.09) update the "File Transfer" function is working no more, even it is activated in Developer Options / Default USB configuration.
    Is anyone else facing this issue?
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate me | Donate to the project
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Cameras
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • VoLTE
    • Double tap to wake

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me

For reporting bugs, be sure to include a log : check how to

HOW TO INSTALL AND NEEDED INFORMATION
    • Follow the detailed installation guide here
    • The mentioned guide contains a recommended recovery and instructions of how to use it as well

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to download the Android 11 OFFICIAL version
    Click here to go to the support Telegram group

Read our blog article/post about:
    HOW-TO report a bug
    GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: ArrowOS-Devices

Contributors
    daniml3
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP
    Well, as some of you already saw, new build, with the following changelog:
    - Switched to the Pixel Power HAL (libperfmgr)
    - Improved idle drain
    - Fixed headphone buttons
    - Fixed yellow tint and improved display colors
    - Added WiFi Display support
    - Reworked the lights service
    - Moved device specific settings into the settings homepage
    - Reserved 250MB of space in each dynamic partition for installing addons
    - Set default DPI to 392
    - Reduced bootanimation start delay
    New build available with the following changelog:
    • Improved cutout ring rotation changes handling
    • Fixed cutout aliasing (by showing the cutout ring always, but smaller when camera is not in use)
    • Switched to Pixel offline charging animation
    • Increased status bar height (now icons are vertically aligned with the cutout)
    • Moved the device specific settings to system settings category
    • Removed more unused files in the vendor
    • Fixed KCAL out of the box (once again (might need a clean flash))
    • Merged the tag LA.UM.9.1.r1-10900-SMxxx0.0 into the kernel
    • Updated blobs from MIUI V12.5.6.0 RKFMIXM
    Just to let you all know, if the device has more than 100 installations in last 24 hours (check at stats.arrowos.net/recent), it will have automatic builds each Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Those automatic builds are safe to flash even if I don't announce them (I only announce if they have device side changes), unless told otherwise.
    New build pushed with the following changes:
    - Updated blobs from MIUI 12.0.15.0 Global
    - Fixed infrarred blaster
    - Cleaned up vendor (reduced zip size 100MB~)

If someone had bootloops and rolled back to the previous build, this build should be good to flash now, I missed a thing in previous build which could cause bootloops on some cases, sorry for that :/.