• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS [Android 11][sweet]

Search This thread

nareshlove

Dec 18, 2011
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Thanks for wonderful rom. I flashed the rom yesterday and so far running smooth. However, I noticed one issue with AOD. With AOD on, screen turn off for a second after each minute, I don't know if it's a bug or desired behaviour. Anyone faced similar issue?

And yes, battery drain about 20-30% in night with AOD.

twixxx31

Mar 2, 2021
Hey guys,
I found a bug in the ROM ( in previous version and last one), please let me know if you can reproduce so i can report it :

If i use the eco mode, the vibration dissapear for notification, phone call etc ( even using an app to test vibration sensor). If i go to normal mode, everything wroks smooth.

Do you have the same ? :)

Can anyone test if the issue is reproduced ? Does vibration works for you on save battery mode ? thanks !

EDIT : Answering myself, it's an Android Battery Saver feature that I didn't have on my previous phone. It's s normal that vibrations are disabled on battery saver mode.
FYI, it can be enabledit if you want with adb command :
adb shell settings put global battery_saver_constants "vibration_disabled=false"

Last edited:
Reactions: rdx93

pancon

Mar 4, 2012
Bogor
can i ask, iam wondering why my phone dislplay keep turned on in my pocket, and iam search on the settings, and i found "prevent accidental wake up" in the display section but when i open it, those setting wasnt there..
iam using lattest build
thanks for the great rom
and sorry for my bad english

Confidack

Sep 22, 2021
It's been good, all along but facung some issues,

Hdr videos dont work properly. For some reason, while watching a hdr video in youtube brightness does not automatically increase to max (or even if i max it out in slider) but sliding down notification panel gives brightness boost... But when i put it back up, brightness goes down again :(

How do i get rid of this bug?

aleMarvel

Jan 22, 2013
Thanks for wonderful rom. I flashed the rom yesterday and so far running smooth. However, I noticed one issue with AOD. With AOD on, screen turn off for a second after each minute, I don't know if it's a bug or desired behaviour. Anyone faced similar issue?

And yes, battery drain about 20-30% in night with AOD.
i resolved.. activate digital wellbeing from phone settings and setup to turn off screen by night ;)

ElectroYume

Apr 26, 2019
On lowest brighhtness, the screen randomly flickers, did anybody encounter this issue?

//It was 60-120hz doing, switched to 60 and it stopped. Fix please

Last edited:

meirioon

Jul 5, 2021
Hello,
I'm on the last version of ArrowOS based on Android 11, and this animation is laggy. Can you please fix it? It looks like 60fps. (btw it was smooth on the Android 12 based one but I stopped using it because of TWRP decryption not available with Android 12 yet)

Attachments

• screen-20211018-163832.mp4
    15.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

FPR3D

Aug 10, 2021
Do not disturb does not seem to turn off with my schedule. I keep missing calls and messages.

boland

This ROM is great! Battery life is excellent.
I am noticing though that it's doing a lot of requests to errlog.umeng.com and mobile.pipe.aria.microsoft.com. I can see that as I have a Pi Hole at home. This has increased blocked requests from ~20% to ~60%, so pretty significant. Any idea what this is?

Reactions: CBET

WGH_

Jul 17, 2012
Somehow battery drain seems to become worse over time. Fresh after reboot, it can hold like up to 3 days. After several cycles, it degrades to 1 day-ish. Reboot resets it. Android doesn't show any problems with any particular application in Battery usage view. Is there any way to debug it?

Reactions: Social_Work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @daniml3 any appropriate time till when this A11 rom will be supported?

A12 was stable enough for daily use, but the ui is damn ugly IMO.
    Finaally, someone who hates the A12 UI... I am also downgrading to A11 due to the single reason of the UI being a crossbreed of MIUI and OneUI.
    Yeah totally agreed, this ROM now suddenly seems abandoned? Will it get any update?

Since Arrow 11 and Arrow 12 Get developed By the Same Guy I guess he is focusing more on Arrow 12 for now, i think he will update Arrow 11 Eventually. Besides Arrow 11 is the Most Updated Custom Rom so far, Other Roms run on a Monthly Update. So hang in there Guys I guess He will update soon. This is Just a Guess Guys.
    can I update directly from ARROW 11 to ARROW 12? then what about the recovery? do I have to exchange it for a new one? So install an Arrow 12 recovery. or can I leave it like that. Can someone kindly write instructions on how to proceed.
    Install Arrow 12 as a new ROM. You can follow those steps : https://telegra.ph/Installation-of-ArrowOS-sweetsweetin---included-vendor-06-09
    People on the arrow android 12 forum are reporting that it can be flashed over arrow android 11:
    I still have the problem that when I am on the phone, the display turns on and my ear adjusts settings. I turned off tap tonwake. Lately my SIM card was deactivated several times and the call was ended. Is that better implemented in Arrow 12? Are there any settings that prevent this? I am grateful for any help.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate me | Donate to the project
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Cameras
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • VoLTE
    • Double tap to wake

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me

For reporting bugs, be sure to include a log : check how to

HOW TO INSTALL AND NEEDED INFORMATION
    • Follow the detailed installation guide here
    • The mentioned guide contains a recommended recovery and instructions of how to use it as well

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to download the Android 11 OFFICIAL version
    Click here to go to the support Telegram group

Read our blog article/post about:
    HOW-TO report a bug
    GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: ArrowOS-Devices

Contributors
    daniml3
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP
    Well, as some of you already saw, new build, with the following changelog:
    - Switched to the Pixel Power HAL (libperfmgr)
    - Improved idle drain
    - Fixed headphone buttons
    - Fixed yellow tint and improved display colors
    - Added WiFi Display support
    - Reworked the lights service
    - Moved device specific settings into the settings homepage
    - Reserved 250MB of space in each dynamic partition for installing addons
    - Set default DPI to 392
    - Reduced bootanimation start delay
    New build available with the following changelog:
    • Improved cutout ring rotation changes handling
    • Fixed cutout aliasing (by showing the cutout ring always, but smaller when camera is not in use)
    • Switched to Pixel offline charging animation
    • Increased status bar height (now icons are vertically aligned with the cutout)
    • Moved the device specific settings to system settings category
    • Removed more unused files in the vendor
    • Fixed KCAL out of the box (once again (might need a clean flash))
    • Merged the tag LA.UM.9.1.r1-10900-SMxxx0.0 into the kernel
    • Updated blobs from MIUI V12.5.6.0 RKFMIXM
    Just to let you all know, if the device has more than 100 installations in last 24 hours (check at stats.arrowos.net/recent), it will have automatic builds each Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Those automatic builds are safe to flash even if I don't announce them (I only announce if they have device side changes), unless told otherwise.
    New build pushed with the following changes:
    - Updated blobs from MIUI 12.0.15.0 Global
    - Fixed infrarred blaster
    - Cleaned up vendor (reduced zip size 100MB~)

If someone had bootloops and rolled back to the previous build, this build should be good to flash now, I missed a thing in previous build which could cause bootloops on some cases, sorry for that :/.