Development [ROM][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS [Android 11][sweet]

Search This thread

iTAZUETA

Aug 3, 2012
Paris
Redmi Note 10 Pro
You used a bad vendor most likely. Here it works fine with 12.0.10.0 EEA or 12.0.6.0 Global vendors
Well it worked when i installed the first version of ArrowOS. it started doing after i updated to the latest version just now. you got any idea what i can look for to resolve this issue. like is it possible to flash venders afterwords?
PS: I used 12.0.6.0 Global.

LeDiable

• Feb 18, 2010
    Mumbai
    @daniml3

Let me firstly thank you for creating this beautiful rom. Ultra light, SUPERB Battery life and really good RAM management.​

Here are the points I encountered in the 17/04 version:

1) Haptic feedback seems to not be as effective as it was with MIUI, it's much lighter in effect. Not as strong.

2) Lowest brightness is pretty high!! Not really dark/sleep room reading worthy. Was pretty low in MIUI. The lux counts might need to be dropped further for the lowest manual battery settings. **This is really really important**

3) Fingerprint reader sometimes reads prints, sometimes works erratically. **Also important** Could the press to read and unlock option also be added? instead of just tap to unlock?

4) Double tap to lock randomly stops working. **Kind of irritating, not a major thing**

5) I did encounter the multi-task bar at the bottom turn unresponsive randomly, not frozen or hung, just unresponsive. Locking and Unlocking the phone again resolves it.

5) GCAM (Arnova8G2's version) doesn't work with the simple gallery app installed (It worked together on MIUI). Further, I already have purchased the Simple Gallery Pro version, but when I try to install it by clicking update (Playstore probably thinks Pro is already installed on my phone), PlayStore throws an error (Can't install Simple Gallery Pro - Photo Manager & Editor).

P.S: I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 49% battery @ 9:15am in the morning, which I saw at exactly 1:48am before falling asleep. 0% battery drop. This is like NEAR PIXEL battery efficiency. Really Really good job mate!!

P.P.S: Could the gesture navigation arrows that pop-up when one swipes from left to right/vice-versa be reduced in size please? It seems to be quite big.

victorsrg

Apr 12, 2007
    This new build is a great improvement, thank you very much!

Wrt battery usage, something is still not right with AOD. Battery usage while AOD is on is very high. I wonder if you or anyone else can do anything about it, since let's not forget, not even the stock ROM allows it to be permanently on. Below my battery usage graph...from 23 to 7 AOD is off and we can see the drain is very low. At 7 is begins dropping, but the phone remained on my desk still for a couple hours...

Screenshot_20210418-095355.png

Reactions: majakl

majakl

Apr 16, 2021
    Agree something with battery drain is still wrong
    I used Brave Browser for 40 minutes and it took 21% of battery (dont have screennshot because I reset battery data). I also had the "Update" app that took 11% for 4 minutes during my sleep and the overall battery drain was 27% in 7 hours, when my phone was not used at all So there is a lot to improve in matter of battery drain.

I will disable now AOD and we weill see if that solves the issue. I'll let you know tommorow.

aladin6

Mar 7, 2009
    Redmi Note 10 Pro
    My 1 day review is just awesome. Smoothness is day and night with MIUI. Battery life is just unbelievable! Well, I can afford the basic camera as it can shoots my child :D. Not a single un responsiveness!
    Thank you so much for this...

Reactions: Ali Zaman

daniml3

Apr 2, 2017
    @daniml3

Let me firstly thank you for creating this beautiful rom. Ultra light, SUPERB Battery life and really good RAM management.​

1) Haptic feedback seems to not be as effective as it was with MIUI, it's much lighter in effect. Not as strong.

2) Lowest brightness is pretty high!! Not really dark/sleep room reading worthy. Was pretty low in MIUI. The lux counts might need to be dropped further for the lowest manual battery settings. **This is really really important**

3) Fingerprint reader sometimes reads prints, sometimes works erratically. **Also important** Could the press to read and unlock option also be added? instead of just tap to unlock?

4) Double tap to lock randomly stops working. **Kind of irritating, not a major thing**

5) I did encounter the multi-task bar at the bottom turn unresponsive randomly, not frozen or hung, just unresponsive. Locking and Unlocking the phone again resolves it.

5) GCAM (Arnova8G2's version) doesn't work with the simple gallery app installed (It worked together on MIUI). Further, I already have purchased the Simple Gallery Pro version, but when I try to install it by clicking update (Playstore probably thinks Pro is already installed on my phone), PlayStore throws an error (Can't install Simple Gallery Pro - Photo Manager & Editor).

P.S: I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 49% battery @ 9:15am in the morning, which I saw at exactly 1:48am before falling asleep. 0% battery drop. This is like NEAR PIXEL battery efficiency. Really Really good job mate!!

P.P.S: Could the gesture navigation arrows that pop-up when one swipes from left to right/vice-versa be reduced in size please? It seems to be quite big.
    1) I'll test other vibration patterns for future builds, indeed current ones are very light.
    2) Will be fixed on next build
    3) That feature will be added soon if all goes well
    4) Blame Xiaomi
    5) Nothing I can do at those very weird bugs unless happens here

The arrows are same size as AOSP so they'll be kept like that :)

LeDiable

• Feb 18, 2010
    Mumbai
    @daniml3 Thank you!

Could I maybe suggest an additional setting to be tweaked for the next release? Media audio volume was pretty low on MIUI (even on the full setting!), it would be fantastic if you could please boost a few decibels up for it to be perfect! Thanks in advance! ☺️👍

Last edited:
    Reactions: majakl

victorsrg

Apr 12, 2007
    Maybe a bug, I don't know...configured the lock screen like this hoping it's off to save battery but turns on when a notification comes. It's not happening...

Screenshot_20210419-081912_1.png

Correction: The screen does turn on for a brief second, but then it goes off again. I whish the notification remained, since we don't have the LED anymore...

Last edited:

daniml3

Apr 2, 2017
    Maybe a bug, I don't know...configured the lock screen like this hoping it's off to save battery but turns on when a notification comes. It's not happening...

View attachment 5283475

Correction: The screen does turn on for a brief second, but then it goes off again. I whish the notification remained, since we don't have the LED anymore...
    That isn't how that feature works, it just wakes a few seconds when it receives a new notification and then turns off again.

Reactions: parabvidit

LeDiable

• Feb 18, 2010
    Mumbai
    Hihi, spotted something funny when trying out the alarms, a couple of them appear twice. Will do a cursory sanity check in the rest of the ringtones section and report back.

Edit: All good in the ringtones and notifications section respectively.

Screenshot_20210419-115312.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210419-115336.png
      Screenshot_20210419-115336.png
      135.7 KB · Views: 26
    Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

New build available with the following changes:
      - Vendor is now included, more information at the link below
      - Added DC dimming support
      - May security patch

Please read https://telegra.ph/Installation-of-ArrowOS-sweetsweetin---included-vendor-05-10 for needed information
      Can new build be flashed via OTA, regardless including vendor?
      Yes
      After flashing the latest build, noticed 3% drain overnight. Keeping fingers crossed 🤞.. Will observe more and report here..
      Has anyone experienced screen flickering on low brightness? I've not. Just checking to see if enabling DC dimming option is at all needed... Tks
      Flashed via the OTA updater and now its stuck at the boot logo.
      I had the same problem
      install like this
      Please read https://telegra.ph/Installation-of-ArrowOS-sweetsweetin---included-vendor-05-10 for needed information
      logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
      ArrowOS
      is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
      Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Code Review: review.arrowos.net
      E-mail: arrowos.contact
      PayPal: Donate me | Donate to the project
      Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
      • SELinux is enforcing
      • WiFi
      • Audio
      • RIL
      • GPS
      • Cameras
      • Flashlight
      • NFC
      • Fingerprint
      • Vibration
      • Bluetooth
      • FM Radio
      • VoLTE
      • Double tap to wake

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
      • You tell me

For reporting bugs, be sure to include a log : check how to

HOW TO INSTALL AND NEEDED INFORMATION
      • Follow the detailed installation guide here
      • The mentioned guide contains a recommended recovery and instructions of how to use it as well

DOWNLOADS
      Click here to download the Android 11 OFFICIAL version
      Click here to go to the support Telegram group

Read our blog article/post about:
      HOW-TO report a bug
      GAPPS and VANILLA variants
      Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Kernel Source: MiCode (prebuilt)

Contributors
      daniml3
      ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      Based On: AOSP
      Well, as some of you already saw, new build, with the following changelog:
      - Switched to the Pixel Power HAL (libperfmgr)
      - Improved idle drain
      - Fixed headphone buttons
      - Fixed yellow tint and improved display colors
      - Added WiFi Display support
      - Reworked the lights service
      - Moved device specific settings into the settings homepage
      - Reserved 250MB of space in each dynamic partition for installing addons
      - Set default DPI to 392
      - Reduced bootanimation start delay
      @daniml3

1) I'll test other vibration patterns for future builds, indeed current ones are very light.
      2) Will be fixed on next build
      3) That feature will be added soon if all goes well
      4) Blame Xiaomi
      5) Nothing I can do at those very weird bugs unless happens here

The arrows are same size as AOSP so they'll be kept like that :)
      New build available!

Changelog:
      - Removed the "SIM is HD capable" notification
      - Improved automatic brightness
      - Enabled color profiles
      - Fixed fingerprint in apps
      - Enabled burn-in protection
      - Fixed AOD counting as SOT
      - DT2W on AOD fixed

OTA pushed

Get it at https://www.arrowos.net/download/sweet
      Fingerprint sensor don't work on other apps (for example banking app can't use fingerprint sensor to login). But everything else seems to works fine. Most polished ROM so far 😉
      Thank you devs !
      Whoops! Will be fixed in next build :)
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone