Development [ROM][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS [Android 11][sweet]

Search This thread

mikenoo

Jul 4, 2022
The screen off battery life is really bad on this rom, about 3 Percent per hour. It has also consumed 2GB of mobile data in background over one week, system update checking even though check for updates is set to never. Screen on battery about 9 percent per hour

ZUKler

Sep 14, 2019
The screen off battery life is really bad on this rom, about 3 Percent per hour. It has also consumed 2GB of mobile data in background over one week, system update checking even though check for updates is set to never. Screen on battery about 9 percent per hour
I have massive mobile data usage by system updater, too... I will change the CustomROM this weekend.

m0jo

I think I found a solution for the high battery usage in this ROM, at least for my version (i am one version behind the most recent release).
It seems that it continuously tries to fetch OTA updates, even though they are disabled in settings. I have noticed this by a high data usage that i did not cause myself (multiple GB). I tried blocking this at the DNS level by adding the updates server to the Blocklist using AdAway. This reduced the data usage, but did not stop the OTA service from trying.
Using the free app Servicely (requires root), you can disable the OTA service altogether. This finally solved the high battery drain in my case.
Hope this helps others.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
I think I found a solution for the high battery usage in this ROM, at least for my version (i am one version behind the most recent release).
It seems that it continuously tries to fetch OTA updates, even though they are disabled in settings. I have noticed this by a high data usage that i did not cause myself (multiple GB). I tried blocking this at the DNS level by adding the updates server to the Blocklist using AdAway. This reduced the data usage, but did not stop the OTA service from trying.
Using the free app Servicely (requires root), you can disable the OTA service altogether. This finally solved the high battery drain in my case.
Hope this helps others.
I think you can deactivate the OTA apk easily via titanium or alpha backup apps

tar420

Jul 25, 2022
logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
ArrowOS
is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Code Review: review.arrowos.net
E-mail: arrowos.contact
PayPal: Donate me | Donate to the project
Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
  • SELinux is enforcing
  • WiFi
  • Audio
  • RIL
  • GPS
  • Cameras
  • Flashlight
  • NFC
  • Fingerprint
  • Vibration
  • Bluetooth
  • FM Radio
  • VoLTE
  • Double tap to wake

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
  • You tell me

For reporting bugs, be sure to include a log : check how to

HOW TO INSTALL AND NEEDED INFORMATION
  • Follow the detailed installation guide here
  • The mentioned guide contains a recommended recovery and instructions of how to use it as well

DOWNLOADS
Click here to download the Android 11 OFFICIAL version
Click here to go to the support Telegram group

Read our blog article/post about:
HOW-TO report a bug
GAPPS and VANILLA variants
Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
Kernel Source: ArrowOS-Devices

Contributors
daniml3
ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP
Can i flash this ArrowOS 12.1 to my bricked xiaomi redmi note 10 pro sweet ? im struggling to get the necessary info together, please let me know if you can help. tysm

ElectroYume

Apr 26, 2019
Hello, How can i stop it to trying fetch OTA? It ate my all data -.-
What it is called in Servicely?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220728-145423.png
    Screenshot_20220728-145423.png
    201.7 KB · Views: 103

L-ViZ

Oct 31, 2010
Hessia
Hello, How can i stop it to trying fetch OTA? It ate my all data -.-
What it is called in Servicely?
if you´re rooted and using adaway, then block:

ota.googlezip.net

ota-cache1.googlezip.net

this seems to be an issue with "older" roms, had that on my mi8 as well. this is blocking the data, worked for me

ElectroYume

Apr 26, 2019
for me it worked, had the same issue a month ago and someone told me to do it and it worked :) u will probably get a message soon "system needs update" or sth like that xD but everything works fine :)
Looks like it really worked, thank you once again.. But what about the battery? Does it still drain it or you dont know?

Last edited:

L-ViZ

Oct 31, 2010
Hessia
Looks like it really worked, thank you once again.. But what about the battery? Does it still drain it or you dont know?
i tested lots of A12 roms recently but came back to A11. A11 is much smoother, everything works. batterylife is great. usually some bad coded apps keep the phone awake from my experience. if cpu idles correctly, then drain is barely noticable. if the phones idles cpu usage is between 1-7% +/-, if it´s above 10% one of the clusters ramps up core speeds and then u got drain and usually no deep sleep. on my phone everything is fine atm and i will stay on a11 for a longer time since there no a12 rom which is smooth and works that well. ah, i am using sleepy kernel btw, an older kernel which has no support anymore. got great performance and batterylife with this kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fostel

ElectroYume

Apr 26, 2019
Check my previous post.
The service is called Updater (org.lineageos.updater)
Hello thanks!
I blocked the DNS (thanks to L-VIZ ) and also blocked it in servicely, thanks to you. But yesterday the window with "Update your system 60d something.." appeared again and there is constant traffic of 6-8 kb/s on my phone. Even though Data manager doesnt show anything that could help me find out what it is. So Im thinking its again trying to fetch the ota.. I really didnt want to upgrade to android 12 as I dont like the new UI but looks like I dont have a choice..

//Edit looks like that daemon thing is the culprit?

//Edit2 Yep, looks like it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220823-074425.png
    Screenshot_20220823-074425.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20220823-082613.png
    Screenshot_20220823-082613.png
    114 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

majus82

Apr 5, 2022
Germany
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hope this helps others.
Jepp, always install latest update because Google wants to update its Pixel phones. arrowOS is a spoofed one. So, as long as they keep the speed for updates for arrow up, all is fine. Is the same with all AOSP roms based on Android. More or less

andynx1

Sep 1, 2010
Carlisle
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Jepp, always install latest update because Google wants to update its Pixel phones. arrowOS is a spoofed one. So, as long as they keep the speed for updates for arrow up, all is fine. Is the same with all AOSP roms based on Android. More or less
Are you saying that if we have the latest Arrow update installed, we won't keep getting the update message and data usage?

I'm not rooted, so can't use the fixes listed.

Google wallet NFC payments don't work on a rooted phone, do they?

majus82

Apr 5, 2022
Germany
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Are you saying that if we have the latest Arrow update installed, we won't keep getting the update message and data usage?

I'm not rooted, so can't use the fixes listed.

Google wallet NFC payments don't work on a rooted phone, do they?
Nope, not saying that. I say that if you keep your AOSP Rom - which spoofs a real Pixel phone - consistently up to date update wise, the possibility for battery drain (which is mainly caused by the OS trying to update the Pixel phone which is impossible for the AOSP) is much lower.
There are, however, several other issues in any AOSP ROM which could cause drainage. It could even be a ****ty battery.

To rule out most causes however, pick a ROM which is kept close to new updates - which PE for this particular device is not since June. July update was skipped an August took long. Meanwhile many have encountered the ominous battery drainage.

the rest you are talking about - no clue, sorry.

the code for disabling the update intent to GSM did not work for me.
using optimizes kernels (sleepy, vantom) did not solve the issues, it only made it bearable.

I ended up with arrow since it has an offical built for sweet which tis up to date and seems to have devs who understand the importance of keeping up with the updates.
(and I was surprised how much better in small things it is for my personal use than PE and PE+)

hope, that helps.

Reactions: andynx1

majus82

Apr 5, 2022
Germany
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hey folks, issue on my side. Device freezes at least once a day.
Has anyone experienced this and maybe a hint as to what to do?

I installed that last updated OTA. Would it have been better to clean flash?

Bhavesh135

Mar 5, 2021
I installed arrow 12.1 in my asus zenfone pro max m1 3 days back. Everything is working fine but i am facing issue of battery drain. Battery drain during night even internet is off, not using mobile. Usually it drain 3% in one hour. I tried aeroplane mode but still battery drain
Screenshot_20220915-064057_Settings.png
. Refer attached snapshots . Let me know if i can overcome of this issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220914-062541_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220914-062541_Settings.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would be nice to get security updates going on ArrowOS 11. Some folks don't like Android 12+ UI to switch to ;-)
    I installed arrow 12.1 in my asus zenfone pro max m1 3 days back. Everything is working fine but i am facing issue of battery drain. Battery drain during night even internet is off, not using mobile. Usually it drain 3% in one hour. I tried aeroplane mode but still battery drainView attachment 5711429. Refer attached snapshots . Let me know if i can overcome of this issue.
    I flash again the rom and changed recovery also. Now i am 100% satisfied with the arrow os 12.1. reall superb job guys. Thank you so much team for giving new look to my old mobile. I really want to contribute something
    That was an instant reply. Thanks. I hoped you would give more details. I guess that you used TWRP 3.6.2 (official or unofficial?)

Also, do you use Gcam? Which version works best with ArrowOS 12L?
    Cheers.
    Ohk...sure i will check twpr version and let you know... G cam version 8.5.300.450594193.08 working fine woth me
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate me | Donate to the project
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Cameras
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • VoLTE
    • Double tap to wake

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me

For reporting bugs, be sure to include a log : check how to

HOW TO INSTALL AND NEEDED INFORMATION
    • Follow the detailed installation guide here
    • The mentioned guide contains a recommended recovery and instructions of how to use it as well

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to download the Android 11 OFFICIAL version
    Click here to go to the support Telegram group

Read our blog article/post about:
    HOW-TO report a bug
    GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: ArrowOS-Devices

Contributors
    daniml3
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP
    Well, as some of you already saw, new build, with the following changelog:
    - Switched to the Pixel Power HAL (libperfmgr)
    - Improved idle drain
    - Fixed headphone buttons
    - Fixed yellow tint and improved display colors
    - Added WiFi Display support
    - Reworked the lights service
    - Moved device specific settings into the settings homepage
    - Reserved 250MB of space in each dynamic partition for installing addons
    - Set default DPI to 392
    - Reduced bootanimation start delay
    Just to let you all know, if the device has more than 100 installations in last 24 hours (check at stats.arrowos.net/recent), it will have automatic builds each Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Those automatic builds are safe to flash even if I don't announce them (I only announce if they have device side changes), unless told otherwise.
    New build available with the following changelog:
    • Improved cutout ring rotation changes handling
    • Fixed cutout aliasing (by showing the cutout ring always, but smaller when camera is not in use)
    • Switched to Pixel offline charging animation
    • Increased status bar height (now icons are vertically aligned with the cutout)
    • Moved the device specific settings to system settings category
    • Removed more unused files in the vendor
    • Fixed KCAL out of the box (once again (might need a clean flash))
    • Merged the tag LA.UM.9.1.r1-10900-SMxxx0.0 into the kernel
    • Updated blobs from MIUI V12.5.6.0 RKFMIXM
    New build pushed with the following changes:
    - Updated blobs from MIUI 12.0.15.0 Global
    - Fixed infrarred blaster
    - Cleaned up vendor (reduced zip size 100MB~)

If someone had bootloops and rolled back to the previous build, this build should be good to flash now, I missed a thing in previous build which could cause bootloops on some cases, sorry for that :/.