Development [ROM][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS [Android 11][sweet]

Search This thread

Social_Work

Dec 25, 2012
Hi to all!
I am currently waiting for the BL unlock period to run out and checking which ROM should I flash afterwards (I can't use MIUI because of the inability to use gestures on 3rd party launchers).

For now, this rom seems to be the one to choose.
Now a few questions:
- are there any bugs regarding connectivity (wifi or 3g\4g)?
- is the camera quality as good as on stock MIUI?

Thanks in advance
The Gcam is good! But you can't use the macro cam.
The connectivity is really good. But with using 4g (VoLt) for phoning some numbers are showing doubled. So you can't see who is calling. So I disabled the option and everything is fine. That's the only issue what I find in the latest build.
If you want to use Arrow without Google you can't use Gcam. I used macro Gapps and some other stuff but it didn't work.
So now I am back with stalking google. Someone root and use magics to use some better cams.

Hari Nguyen

Feb 2, 2017
Sony Xperia XA1
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Thanks for the reply!
Are those "vendor blobs" also used by 3rd party camera apps, when on stock miui?
I am currently using tigr camera on stock, which makes photos that are more suitable to my eyes.
So can I expect the same quality when using the same tigr apk on arrowOS?
If we know what vendor blobs did, we could just use it instead of tinkering around :D you could write a hello world program and compile it the result is some what similar to vendor blob since only you know what input and output should be pass and what result should be expected when execute the program, it compile to machine code so to reverse it take quite some time and effort not to mention it illegal think to do

dsjiffry

Aug 20, 2014
Redmi Note 10 Pro
So in the GSM Arena review they say: "We can confirm the 700nits brightness, 725 nits to be specific - when the screen is set to Auto-Brightness or when you turn the Sunlight Boost in Manual Brightness Mode. Otherwise, the maximum brightness at the end of the brightness slider is 457 nits - once again, as promised."

which made me wonder, Is this still true in this ROM? Like is that something Xiaomi does in their ROM and do you also implement it in the same way?

ShlokBharadwaj

Jul 2, 2021
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Is unlimited google photos storage available in this rom? Also if not, is there any way to activate it?
No, there is no Unlimited Google Photos at Storage Saver Quality(Previously known as High Quality) in this ROM. Although it states that your device is Pixel 5 and uploading is unlimited in storage saver for Pixel 5 but the uploads count towards your quota.
Yes, you can do so by rooting your phone.
For Unlimited Google Photos you have to Download and Install Magisk and then you have to use Pixel Props with the correct build number ( build with same date as your security patch version). Do mind that it will most definitely void your warranty and banking apps will also not work as Safety Net Test will fail, but then also there is a fix to that. You can flash another magisk module to get your safetynet back and enjoy Banking Apps with Unlimited Google Photos Storage on your Redmi Note 10 Pro (sweet).

rathisarov

Nov 6, 2014
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hi..
I have a problem updating the ROM
I am currently on build no. RQ2A.210505.003 (maybe June 08)
(May be I missed few updates)
I tried to update July 27 update, but I get error on TWRP
I tried two ways - download on PC, flashing through TWRP(like I did last time) and also OTA download on phone and(again it went through TWRP,anyway) update via phone updater

What mistake?
Do I need Arrow recovery?
Anything else to be taken care of?

Unfortunately, the error was so problematic, I got my entire data and internal memory to be deleted and go back clean install, setting up from scratch

Another question-
My TWRP back up failed to restore as well
DO I have to remove FP or other encryptions to have it restored without issues in case I will not be able to succeed in update in future?

Thanks.

Social_Work

Dec 25, 2012
As far as I know, twrp is still in beta. rather ask in the twrp area. I use the arrow recovery and save all data on the PC. Arrows recovery works like a charm. So there is always a clean installation. With more effort but for me it turned out to be more effective. Hope you haven't lost any important data.

Reactions: rathisarov

GregFDZ

Aug 27, 2015
Hi,
I installed ArrowOS on my redmi note 10 pro. The GAPPs variant. It just won't let me connect to my google account so I can't do anything that I wanted to do with it. Whenever I want to do anything related to google accounts, I get a loading screen with "Verification of the informations..." and then a black screen.
I'm on the French version.

Asia81

May 28, 2017
Hi,
I installed ArrowOS on my redmi note 10 pro. The GAPPs variant. It just won't let me connect to my google account so I can't do anything that I wanted to do with it. Whenever I want to do anything related to google accounts, I get a loading screen with "Verification of the informations..." and then a black screen.
I'm on the French version.
same setup, but it worked fine for me? french too

boland

I'm on Pixel Experience, just wondering if there's any benefit to switch to ArrowOS? I only have 2 requirements: close-to-stock-Android experience, and the camera must work properly.
The latest PE build has a camera issue, and it takes quite some time to get resolved. Also PE doesn't come with a decent camera, have to install ANX and GCAM manually.

Social_Work

Dec 25, 2012
Since the update on August 2nd, the battery performance has deteriorated. The google services draw a lot of battery. Has anyone else the problem?
I also still have difficulties using the phone or with the phone in my pocket. The display comes on and pulls down the bar. Often something is adjusted here or the flashlight is switched on. Even when I hang up, I always have to dig my way back through the menu. I've already switched off Double tap to wake. That makes it better but doesn't fix the problem entirely.
Here, too, I would be happy to receive advice.

GunFall00

Jan 18, 2019
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Since the update on August 2nd, the battery performance has deteriorated. The google services draw a lot of battery. Has anyone else the problem?
I also still have difficulties using the phone or with the phone in my pocket. The display comes on and pulls down the bar. Often something is adjusted here or the flashlight is switched on. Even when I hang up, I always have to dig my way back through the menu. I've already switched off Double tap to wake. That makes it better but doesn't fix the problem entirely.
Here, too, I would be happy to receive advice.
same...i updated from june build....to august 2nd..there are lots of instability in the notification panel...the battery is much worse !! idk what happened

Reactions: Social_Work

Sgr31

Apr 6, 2019
google services draw a lot of battery.
instability in the notification panel.
I'm on the 6th August build and I don't seem to have these issues. Might be too soon to comment but I'll update this post if I have any bugs.

Edit: Maximum refresh rate was set to 120 by default. That's probably causing some drain. I set it to my default 60 and it seems fine.
Tap to wake is off. AOD is off.
I've also flashed Universal GMS Doze via Magisk.

Edit 2: 6th Aug Kernel has deep sleep issues. Not sure why it didn't show up earlier.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210812-081540.png
    Screenshot_20210812-081540.png
    207.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reactions: Social_Work

Social_Work

Dec 25, 2012
I deleted the cache in the recover and then the Google Services problems were gone. Consumption was better afterwards. However, I am using new bluetooth headphones. So it can be that they cause the higher consumption.
I will now boot into the recovery after every update and delete the cache. But only boot into recovery when the system update is ready after the restart.

Reactions: Sgr31

channy1210

Apr 6, 2012
Does anyone else have the following problem with the app "signal"? When the phone is set to "vibrate" mode and a chat notification comes through, it also plays a notification sound. I've noticed that Whatsapp notifications will only vibrate the phone. This doesn't happen on other phones I have, so i am wondering if it's to do with this rom.

I'm still a Redmi Note 7 user and I'm considering buying the newer Redmi Note 10 Pro and probably I'll flash it with ArrowOS.
My question is: CAN really the newer Redmi Note 10 Pro produce really better pictures (day time and night time shots) than the old but still good camera on Redmi Note 7 ???
IF the newer Redmi Note 10 Pro has a really better camera, with better pictures quality than I'll upgrade.

jasicher23

Jan 10, 2017
I'm still a Redmi Note 7 user and I'm considering buying the newer Redmi Note 10 Pro and probably I'll flash it with ArrowOS.
My question is: CAN really the newer Redmi Note 10 Pro produce really better pictures (day time and night time shots) than the old but still good camera on Redmi Note 7 ???
Hello, I used the Redmi Note 7 for the last 2 years and yes, this phone took decent shots. I bought the new Redmi Note 10 Pro a few days ago and I also will flash it with the latest ArrowOS, but I have to wait until mid of next week due to "unlock-wait-period". After I will send you a detail feedback!

Reactions: lubo777
Hello, I used the Redmi Note 7 for the last 2 years and yes, this phone took decent shots. I bought the new Redmi Note 10 Pro a few days ago and I also will flash it with the latest ArrowOS, but I have to wait until mid of next week due to "unlock-wait-period". After I will send you a detail feedback!
Congratulations! How is the picture quality on the Redmi Note 10 Pro?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate me | Donate to the project
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Cameras
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • FM Radio
    • VoLTE
    • Double tap to wake

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me

For reporting bugs, be sure to include a log : check how to

HOW TO INSTALL AND NEEDED INFORMATION
    • Follow the detailed installation guide here
    • The mentioned guide contains a recommended recovery and instructions of how to use it as well

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to download the Android 11 OFFICIAL version
    Click here to go to the support Telegram group

Read our blog article/post about:
    HOW-TO report a bug
    GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: ArrowOS-Devices

Contributors
    daniml3
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP
    Well, as some of you already saw, new build, with the following changelog:
    - Switched to the Pixel Power HAL (libperfmgr)
    - Improved idle drain
    - Fixed headphone buttons
    - Fixed yellow tint and improved display colors
    - Added WiFi Display support
    - Reworked the lights service
    - Moved device specific settings into the settings homepage
    - Reserved 250MB of space in each dynamic partition for installing addons
    - Set default DPI to 392
    - Reduced bootanimation start delay
    Just to let you all know, if the device has more than 100 installations in last 24 hours (check at stats.arrowos.net/recent), it will have automatic builds each Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Those automatic builds are safe to flash even if I don't announce them (I only announce if they have device side changes), unless told otherwise.
    New build available with the following changelog:
    • Improved cutout ring rotation changes handling
    • Fixed cutout aliasing (by showing the cutout ring always, but smaller when camera is not in use)
    • Switched to Pixel offline charging animation
    • Increased status bar height (now icons are vertically aligned with the cutout)
    • Moved the device specific settings to system settings category
    • Removed more unused files in the vendor
    • Fixed KCAL out of the box (once again (might need a clean flash))
    • Merged the tag LA.UM.9.1.r1-10900-SMxxx0.0 into the kernel
    • Updated blobs from MIUI V12.5.6.0 RKFMIXM
    New build pushed with the following changes:
    - Updated blobs from MIUI 12.0.15.0 Global
    - Fixed infrarred blaster
    - Cleaned up vendor (reduced zip size 100MB~)

If someone had bootloops and rolled back to the previous build, this build should be good to flash now, I missed a thing in previous build which could cause bootloops on some cases, sorry for that :/.