• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS [Android 12][sweet]

Search This thread

juanizzo

Jan 2, 2018
Nexus 7 (2013)
Xiaomi Mi A1
I've flashed it yesterday, and ROM is superb. Mega smooth, even more than ArrowOS 11, and everything is working just fine. Even double tap on menu bar and on main screen to lock works! Amazing battery life for now too! Impressive work!!!

juanizzo

Jan 2, 2018
Nexus 7 (2013)
Xiaomi Mi A1
BTW, the only bug I've noticed so far: on the battery ussage, it seems that the time counter resets very often. For example, it says that the phone was used for 3 minutes, when it's been on for about a day. And that counter seems to reset very often.

Anyone facing this issue too?

Reactions: jeehuu91
Nov 12, 2021
Redmi Note 10 Pro
BTW, the only bug I've noticed so far: on the battery ussage, it seems that the time counter resets very often. For example, it says that the phone was used for 3 minutes, when it's been on for about a day. And that counter seems to reset very often.

Anyone facing this issue too?
I have the battery issue too. I took my phone off charge yesterday yet if I go to battery usage it states i took it off charge 1 hour 35 minutes ago. It just seems to reset itself completely at random.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
I installed the update and it worked fine for a day. I noticed the battery was going down slightly faster than the previous version so I thought I would give it a restart. It went into a boot loop. I don't know if safe mode is possible on this ROM but I tried all the different methods online for safe mode and it keeps boot looping.
I tried disabling apps with ADB but it said pm is inaccessible or not found. The same for cmd.
For some reason the data folder always gets encrypted so I can never mount it in TWRP. Even if I disable screen locks. So I had to do a clean install to get it to boot up again. Once I recovered my google backup I restarted the phone again (before I changed any settings) and it boot looped again.
I tried going back to the previous version but that would bootloop without even showing the google logo, I guess because I will need to flash the stock vendor partition?

Anyway, I'm giving the new version one more try. I won't restore my google backup, I'll just restore it manually and restart between every change to see if something triggers the bootloop.

edit: Once it booted up I restarted it. All good. I logged into the wifi, added my google account. Setup a pin, setup a fingerprint, change navigation to 3 buttons instead of gestures. That's it. I didn't restore anything, I didn't change any other settings. Gave it a reboot and it's boot looping.
Looks like boot.img and or dtbo.img are "damaged".
If you've got a twrp backup of these img then I would restore them one by one and (and if it was rooted with magisk and restored boot.img install magisk again)

NinjaShuriken

Oct 2, 2017
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Just to be sure, I can go back to MIUI from this rom if I want to, correct? or will it trigger that whole anti-rollback protection thing if I try to go back? also is there a way to make a backup of everything, while changing the rom or is Titanium Backup + Google Sync my best option to retain as much data as possible?

parabvidit

Dec 8, 2016
Mumbai
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Just to be sure, I can go back to MIUI from this rom if I want to, correct? or will it trigger that whole anti-rollback protection thing if I try to go back? also is there a way to make a backup of everything, while changing the rom or is Titanium Backup + Google Sync my best option to retain as much data as possible?
Yes it's possible to go back to miui. Did that and hated it.

Imo, Arrow os 11 is much mature and stable as compared to 12.

Reactions: NinjaShuriken

noxx2

Dec 7, 2011
Works good, but problems with

- Google Photos sync
- auto brightness display, terrible

i ve this both problems only with this rom. Stock Rom, LineageOS or other have not this problem

GalaxySDuos

Aug 31, 2013
NFC don't work Arrow 12.0

Works good, but problems with

- Google Photos sync
- auto brightness display, terrible

i ve this both problems only with this rom. Stock Rom, LineageOS or other have not this problem
No problems with these,all work perfectly in my note 10 pro 6/64

Some thinks that are missing and want to see in next updates are:
1. mirror navigation bar buttons
2. charging animation/icon in lockscreen
3. 'air' update software from about phone

Iheartxda

Dec 19, 2021
I installed this rom on my device, the gapps build, the phone booted up fine, but i can't get past the getting your phone ready and just a sec screens, it has been like this whole night. Please help.
I tried flashing again, format data, wipe cache, dalvik, data, factory reset, nothing see,ms to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    7) In recent apps, if you slide up partially, the app stays stuck there.
    No update since 19 days, i think this project is abandoned.
    This rom is no where near stable and they abandoned Arrowos 11 for this...

The developers do this in their spare time for free, feel free to contribute if you feel you could do better, it's all public :)
    Hey,
    could you (or anybody else) maybe explain how you disabled encryption? Which zip-File did you use? Simply install it via TWRP and after that "Format Data"? After that backups are possible?

And which version of ANX Camera did you get to work? I tried it before, but unsuccessfully...

Would be super nice of you to explain, the last two things that I'm missing for a perfect ROM ;)

Thank you and have a nice day everybody!

Hi,

For encrypton disabled for sweet, other forum xda:

For anxcamera, working with phone sweet and arrow 12, version 22 january build 2022:

TWRP version 3.6.0.11 installed before, steps:

Format all wipe on TWRP, select all, select yes, (backup before, all data phone is deleted):

1- Install ROM zip arrowOs.
    2- Install ROM zip arrow Gapps.
    3- Install 3 zip forum xda, order, rmcrypt.zip, sweet disabler....zip, and dm-disable-encrypyion zip, reboot phone, initial config google finish.

4- Instal magisk zip v23 by TWRP, reboot phone with open masgisk...

for copy on TWRP used, later all format, copy arrowOS, arrowGAPPS, 3zip for undecrypt phone, command adb:

adb push select.zip /sdcard

Best rom with android 12 by redmi note 10 pro version sweet, arrowOS 12, good performance....
    Flashed the new build yesterday and... This is it!!!

The two bugs I had noticed so far (excessive battery drain and no battery history) seems to be fixed now. 0% battery drain this night long. Everything else just working like a charm!!!

Again, kudos to developer for the amazing work.

PD: as mentioned above, I couldn't flash via OTA, had to sideload. No biggie anyways.
    The ring sound one I noticed on all builds for me... The battery drain on the latest build is insane though, might go back a build.. got like 18h with minimal usage like 2.5h screen time.
    yeah, Battery Drain is unexpectedly Draining as Compared to the Previous Build.
    The Whole Screen Turns Black when the Notification pops up while watching the Videos. You have to remove the notification to watch the video playback.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

/*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Cameras
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • Double tap to wake

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source- ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- ArrowOS-Devices
    New build available with the following changelog:
    • Fixed cutout color being inverted with the "Force dark theme" setting
    • Fixed minimum frequency being 1248MHz
    • Fixed WFD
    • Added Spanish translations to the device specific settings
    • Added Monet
    • Added swipe with 3 fingers for screenshot
    • Added advanced reboot
    • Made QS to follow the white/dark theme
    • Added RGB colour adjustment for the display
    • Added Google feed to the launcher
    • Added more tiles
    • Imported rounded UI corners values from Pixel
    • Removed the AOSP search box from the launcher

Enjoy!
    New build available with the following changelog:
    • Initial official release
    • Enabled 2GB of ZRAM
    • Adapted device specific settings style to Android 12
    • Fixed settings for secondary SIM
    • Fixed random RIL misbehaviour
    • Added FM radio
    • Other miscellaneous improvements
    Mod Edit: Quote removed since post removed.
    Feel free to make your own rom with those features.

It's not polite to demand features in something that is being given away for free.
    OSS or MIUI vendor? People on RN 10 pro using different vendor so it would be helpfull if vendor mention.
    OSS, as all my builds.