Development [ROM][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS [Android 12][sweet]

Search This thread

inversechi

Nov 10, 2006
Berlin
OnePlus One
Moto X4
7) In recent apps, if you slide up partially, the app stays stuck there.
No update since 19 days, i think this project is abandoned.
This rom is no where near stable and they abandoned Arrowos 11 for this...

The developers do this in their spare time for free, feel free to contribute if you feel you could do better, it's all public :)

Stan m

Jun 1, 2020
Redmi Note 10 Pro
The developers do this in their spare time for free, feel free to contribute if you feel you could do better, it's all public :)
I am not demanding features, i am pointing out the bugs.
Nor am I demanding them to work 24 7 and fix it asap.
All i said was they shouldn't have abandoned the previous project for an unstable one. That was an opinion.
And respecting their decision, they shouldn't write in "what doesn't work" -> "you tell me" when clearly there are many basic functions that are not working, present or optimized at least to a decent extent to say the least.
That is misguidance.
Even so i did not attack or say anything to the developers.
In fact I am helping them pointing out the bugs, and they themselves said "you tell me".
I am not a developer and telling users to develop if they want a normal working rom is preposterous.
If that was the case, there wouldn't be a need for a forum like this, and everyone would develop their own rom.
I am still not complaining, all i am saying is if there are basic features missing/rom is not stable, they shouldn't advertise as such.
And oh, another bug,
8) The spelling correction drop down menu is blank (font and bg are very similar color) and can be barely seen when each option is held down.

Reactions: SkaboXD

Stan m

Jun 1, 2020
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Must be your connection, I'm downloading much faster...

My question:
Any chance that with this update decryption/TWRP backup could work? (propably not, since it's a TWRP-problem?)
My internet is working fine.
Current version of twrp only supports till android 11.
You will have to wait till it supports android 12 and flash that version or in user: inversechi's opinion, develop yourself.

TrouDu

How are you updating? Adb sideload?
No, like nardich:
Hi there,
January 15th update is out, so excited!
Couldn't install it via OTA (probably because I'm on TWRP ??) so I exported the update, installed it via TWRP, wipe dalvik and everything seems good so far!
Thanks for the devs!

You have to select "export Update" in the Updater. Therefore press and hold the update until u see some options. You'll find the update then in "internal storage/Android/data/org.lineageos.updater/file ... " at least for me. I also had to re-root with magisk.

So far everything works just fine.

Reactions: Stan m

DenoUchiha

Aug 28, 2021
Hello. I cant find it in TWRP i think that the Data isnt encryped. Sry my Englisch is very Bad

Last edited:

Stan m

Jun 1, 2020
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hello. I cant find it in TWRP i think that the Data isnt encryped. Sry my Englisch is very Bad
Read Troudu' message.
In short, after you download the update through updater, you will not be able to install through the button as twrp cant decrypt it. So press and hold on the box (anywhere near or above the install button, and press export).
Then open files, go to android folder, go to data folder, there you will find a file org.lineage.updater.
Move it to sd card or usb otg, and boot to twrp. Press cancel, go to install, select storage and choose sd card or otg, go to file and flash it. Then before reboot, wipe dalvik cache, then reboot.

juanizzo

Jan 2, 2018
Nexus 7 (2013)
Xiaomi Mi A1
Flashed the new build yesterday and... This is it!!!

The two bugs I had noticed so far (excessive battery drain and no battery history) seems to be fixed now. 0% battery drain this night long. Everything else just working like a charm!!!

Again, kudos to developer for the amazing work.

PD: as mentioned above, I couldn't flash via OTA, had to sideload. No biggie anyways.

nardich

Apr 24, 2021
Flashed the new build yesterday and... This is it!!!

The two bugs I had noticed so far (excessive battery drain and no battery history) seems to be fixed now. 0% battery drain this night long. Everything else just working like a charm!!!

Again, kudos to developer for the amazing work.

PD: as mentioned above, I couldn't flash via OTA, had to sideload. No biggie anyways.
These are precisely the two bugs that were also annoying me!
Battery history is good now (one weird thing, "Android System" process says it's been active for 5 days),
but I still get excessive battery drain (11% lost this night again, on airplane mode. Seems to be draining even more at night than during the day!!).
Anyways, do you use specific settings or restrict any background activity?
On a previous rom (pixel exp) for instance, a setting like "prevent screen accidental wakeup" was pumping battery day and night. When I search for it in ArrowOS in the settings search dialog, it tells me this option exist, but when I press it, it is nowhere to be found on the Lock Screen settings (see screenshots)

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Screenshot_20220116-081650_Quickstep_2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220116-084006_Quickstep.png
    Screenshot_20220116-084006_Quickstep.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20220116-084025_Quickstep.png
    Screenshot_20220116-084025_Quickstep.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

juanizzo

Jan 2, 2018
Nexus 7 (2013)
Xiaomi Mi A1
@nardich nope, I don't use any specific settings to avoid battery draining, and I am on stock kernel. I reset the phone every once in a while and try to keep the recent apps clean. The battery draining, on my case, seem to stop on previous build and apparently remains on latest one.

pa.ko

Dec 4, 2010
No need for sideloading to update.

Just remove pin/pass/pattern in security (will also remove fingerprints).

Then SD card is visible in TWRP!

So either export update (explained in some previous posts) and flash in TWRP. (Maybe even update from Updater itself would work but have not tried)

After update just enable security (pin/pass/whatever, add fingerprints) and all will be fine.

nardich

Apr 24, 2021
@juanizzo Thanks for your feedback. I also don't have any special apps or kernel... I'll try to wipe cache once again and see how things evolve! BTW, when you talk about resetting the phone, is it just a standard restart?

pa.ko

Dec 4, 2010
Plz if anyone can check if Hey Google is working.

Is not working for me and option is disabled in Assistant Voice settings on latest update. Showing that it is not available for language. But language is English UK selected in Android and also in Assistant so it should work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Arrow OS. But can you please explain how is it possible?
    it is possible coz the vendor is included in the rom so nothing to be afraid of
    if you are a camera guy then i can suggest trying crdroid coz it is the only rom which has miui camera included and working fine
    will try it later ..
    any issues or bugs u encounter during ur use ?
    I couldn't find any errors
    I couldn't find any errors
    good
    i notice a new build dated 25-04
    which build are u using ?
    I have installed this ROM a few weeks ago (when the Android 11 was still the latest build, now I'm on 12.1) - and since then I have had a bug with displaying the incoming phone number. Which is the incoming phone number is displayed in a really strange format: "xxx&yyy" (where X is the real incoming number and Y is my number) - of course this makes my phone impossible to match the phone number with any contact which is super annoying. The bug is not present for outgoing calls - I can se the number normally with matched contact details. It is independent from the Phone/Dialer app, but the phone number is displayed correctly in the notification area. I already reported that bug on the official channel.

I can not imagine I am the first (or only) one who encountered this issue. Any help will be much appreciated.

But overally I can recommend this ROM, good job!
    Disable 4G call and Wi-Fi call. That solve the problem. I don't know why, but there is no volte call in this ROM.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

/*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Cameras
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • Double tap to wake

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source- ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- ArrowOS-Devices
    New build available with the following changelog:
    • Fixed cutout color being inverted with the "Force dark theme" setting
    • Fixed minimum frequency being 1248MHz
    • Fixed WFD
    • Added Spanish translations to the device specific settings
    • Added Monet
    • Added swipe with 3 fingers for screenshot
    • Added advanced reboot
    • Made QS to follow the white/dark theme
    • Added RGB colour adjustment for the display
    • Added Google feed to the launcher
    • Added more tiles
    • Imported rounded UI corners values from Pixel
    • Removed the AOSP search box from the launcher

Enjoy!
    New build available with the following changelog:
    • Initial official release
    • Enabled 2GB of ZRAM
    • Adapted device specific settings style to Android 12
    • Fixed settings for secondary SIM
    • Fixed random RIL misbehaviour
    • Added FM radio
    • Other miscellaneous improvements
    Mod Edit: Quote removed since post removed.
    Feel free to make your own rom with those features.

It's not polite to demand features in something that is being given away for free.
    OSS or MIUI vendor? People on RN 10 pro using different vendor so it would be helpfull if vendor mention.
    OSS, as all my builds.