Development [ROM][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS [Android 12][sweet]

Search This thread

SaulPanzer

Sep 7, 2022
Flashed the 12.1 vanilla ROM last night, so far pretty happy with it.
Really minimal without Google installed, all of the phone functions have worked fine without additional tweaks/modules.

Flashed the ROM and charged to 100% (rapid charging appears to be working, certainly rapid enough):
7h 46m of tweaking, installing apps and sitting idle while I slept.
4h 41m of streaming video.
Left the phone at 56%.
Battery life has been no worse than the stock MIUI13 the phone came with.

Took a few attempts to get it installed without errors, method that worked for me, the reboots seemed to matter:

Flashed it using [email protected]_2 coming straight from MIUI13.
Format data.
Reboot to recovery.
Wipe dalvik/cache/data.
Reboot to recovery.
Flash ROM.
Reboot to recovery.
Format data.
Reboot to device.

Possible bug:
The SD card becomes unusable/invisible if I select the option to format it purely for the phone to use, however it reappears and works fine if I format it as storage I can transfer between devices.

Good job on the ROM, sleek and functional.

Last edited:

SaulPanzer

Sep 7, 2022
I' ve flashed the last Vanilla version, It's working well but it's possible to fix the typing gestures in AOSP keyboard ?
If you mean stuff like swipe typing, I never figured out how to get it like that, or have a dedicated numbers bar instead of holding qwerty to get numbers.
Eventually I installed yandex keyboard and have been using that, seems to work like the miui one did for me.

2spirit

Oct 22, 2008
Redmi Note 10 Pro
OK I can install another app like SwiftKey or Google keyboard for add this feature but normally It's activated in recent AOSP keyboard App, for example, It's work on Ricedroid or Crdroid. (vanilla version too)

Oi69qEZ

Oct 10, 2019
I can't flash this rom using TWRP 3.7.0_12-0, i followed SaulPanzer steps but i get only this "Error installing zip file '/external_sd/flash/Arrow-v12.1-sweet-OFFICAL-20221102-VANILLA.zip'. The zip file is on the sd card.
Now the phone is without any rom :/
EDIT: the offical rom is back, anyone have proper steps to flash this rom ??
EDIT2: I had to flash ArrowOS11 first then 12, is it supposed to work like this ??

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Flashed the 12.1 vanilla ROM last night, so far pretty happy with it.
Really minimal without Google installed, all of the phone functions have worked fine without additional tweaks/modules.

Flashed the ROM and charged to 100% (rapid charging appears to be working, certainly rapid enough):
7h 46m of tweaking, installing apps and sitting idle while I slept.
4h 41m of streaming video.
Left the phone at 56%.
Battery life has been no worse than the stock MIUI13 the phone came with.

Took a few attempts to get it installed without errors, method that worked for me, the reboots seemed to matter:

Flashed it using [email protected]_2 coming straight from MIUI13.
Format data.
Reboot to recovery.
Wipe dalvik/cache/data.
Reboot to recovery.
Flash ROM.
Reboot to recovery.
Format data.
Reboot to device.

Possible bug:
The SD card becomes unusable/invisible if I select the option to format it purely for the phone to use, however it reappears and works fine if I format it as storage I can transfer between devices.

Good job on the ROM, sleek and functional.
Thanks for sharing this. Did you flash a specific firmware? Currently im on MIUI Global, v. 13.0.15.0(SKFEUXM), Stable.

SaulPanzer

Sep 7, 2022
Thanks for sharing this. Did you flash a specific firmware? Currently im on MIUI Global, v. 13.0.15.0(SKFEUXM), Stable.
I flashed direct from the MIUI already on the phone, no changing firmware before...just installed orangefox and then flashed ArrowOS doing what I mentioned above.

I didn't install the last update for latest MIUI version when prompted because I knew I was switching the OS, from what I remember I was on global 13.0.13.0 SKFEUXM at the time but wouldn't swear to that (could've been 13.0.12.0).

The whole ROM thing is still new to me, with the exception of needing to do an extra reboot to recovery I think I followed the instructions on the vid earlier in this thread.
And of course some background reading on the orangefox guides to make sure I wasn't going to brick the phone because of a device specific quirk.

Reactions: TommasoClancione
Nov 11, 2022
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I flashed direct from the MIUI already on the phone, no changing firmware before...just installed orangefox and then flashed ArrowOS doing what I mentioned above.

I didn't install the last update for latest MIUI version when prompted because I knew I was switching the OS, from what I remember I was on global 13.0.13.0 SKFEUXM at the time but wouldn't swear to that (could've been 13.0.12.0).

The whole ROM thing is still new to me, with the exception of needing to do an extra reboot to recovery I think I followed the instructions on the vid earlier in this thread.
And of course some background reading on the orangefox guides to make sure I wasn't going to brick the phone because of a device specific quirk.
Thank you. I'm familiar with custom roms but this is the first time i read about the mandatory reboots into recovery

Nov 11, 2022
Redmi Note 10 Pro

Edit: Thank you Saul, i followed the same exacts steps and everything went fine. I used the latest Twrp. Gonna try Arrow for some time in order to compare it to MIUI

Last edited:

ashrobb

Jun 12, 2015
Installed the latest 20221109 build, coming from MIUI Global 13.0.12.0. Everything seems to be good for the last few days, the phone deep sleeps as it should, barely any overnight drain, ram management is amazing, everything is very snappy, no major issues so far.

A bug I've found is the audio quality or the volume overall, it is quite inconsistent, in whatsapp for eample the voice notes sound very slim and I have to turn up the volume a lot, but then I go back to youtube for example and the videos sound pretty high so I have to turn the volume back down. Dunno if I have some bad setting or if this is normal.

Nov 11, 2022
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Installed the latest 20221109 build, coming from MIUI Global 13.0.12.0. Everything seems to be good for the last few days, the phone deep sleeps as it should, barely any overnight drain, ram management is amazing, everything is very snappy, no major issues so far.

A bug I've found is the audio quality or the volume overall, it is quite inconsistent, in whatsapp for eample the voice notes sound very slim and I have to turn up the volume a lot, but then I go back to youtube for example and the videos sound pretty high so I have to turn the volume back down. Dunno if I have some bad setting or if this is normal.
Are you able to use the split screen feature? I enable all the related developer options but nothing works

SaulPanzer

Sep 7, 2022
A bug I've found is the audio quality or the volume overall, it is quite inconsistent
I've noticed some volume inconsistency but the quality has seemed the same to me, randomly I'll use headphones (both bluetooth and cabled) and the volume will default to 100% while other times it's how I left it. It's not a true 100% move because pressing volume down doesn't step down a little, it instantly drops back to ~30% where it normally is.

I'd guess it's only 1/10 times so not a game breaker personally.

SaulPanzer

Sep 7, 2022
Are you able to use the split screen feature? I enable all the related developer options but nothing works
I'm able to use it on mine, I use gestures instead of the 3 bottom icons so I have to swipe up from the bottom to get all of my active apps but holding the icon like the vid shows does give me a working split screen option.
It's a vertical split as shown, no floating window MIUI stuff as far as I know.

SaulPanzer

Sep 7, 2022
Understood. Mine doesn't work for some reason.
I just had a play around with my settings, split screen is still available without touching the extra split screen options in Developer options...they seem to just be there for trying to enable certain apps that don't like split screen mode.

My main launcher is Nova Launcher but I tested on the default Quickstep which worked as well...perhaps an ArrowOS version issue?
I'm running ArrowOS v12.1 | VANILLA sweet - October 25, 2022 with November 9, 2022 ready for download.

The telegram chat group seems pretty active, you might find help on there.

Nov 11, 2022
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I just had a play around with my settings, split screen is still available without touching the extra split screen options in Developer options...they seem to just be there for trying to enable certain apps that don't like split screen mode.

My main launcher is Nova Launcher but I tested on the default Quickstep which worked as well...perhaps an ArrowOS version issue?
I'm running ArrowOS v12.1 | VANILLA sweet - October 25, 2022 with November 9, 2022 ready for download.

The telegram chat group seems pretty active, you might find help on there.
Thanks. I tried the vanilla version but the banking app didnt work. However im planning to reinstall MIUI 13. For some reason the overall screen brightness on Arrow os is a bit low compare to MIUI, and i find the general display contrast too High.

Reactions: SaulPanzer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Arrow OS A13 Gapps is really good. I'll get back on the battery after a full charge.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

/*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Cameras
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • Double tap to wake

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source- ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- ArrowOS-Devices
    New build available with the following changelog:
    • Fixed cutout color being inverted with the "Force dark theme" setting
    • Fixed minimum frequency being 1248MHz
    • Fixed WFD
    • Added Spanish translations to the device specific settings
    • Added Monet
    • Added swipe with 3 fingers for screenshot
    • Added advanced reboot
    • Made QS to follow the white/dark theme
    • Added RGB colour adjustment for the display
    • Added Google feed to the launcher
    • Added more tiles
    • Imported rounded UI corners values from Pixel
    • Removed the AOSP search box from the launcher

Enjoy!
    As I understand this is the end (at least for now). The OP had a thread of ArrowOS beta of 13, but it seems dead now.

In my opinion this ArrowOS ROM is the best for sweet. Thanks @daniml3 for this one.
    Actually, I'm planning to add support for Arrow 13 officially on late December. I've been busy lately but I have some more time now and I'm preparing the stuff :).
    New build available with the following changelog:
    • Initial official release
    • Enabled 2GB of ZRAM
    • Adapted device specific settings style to Android 12
    • Fixed settings for secondary SIM
    • Fixed random RIL misbehaviour
    • Added FM radio
    • Other miscellaneous improvements
    Mod Edit: Quote removed since post removed.
    Feel free to make your own rom with those features.

It's not polite to demand features in something that is being given away for free.