Development [ROM][OFFICIAL] ArrowOS [Android 13][sweet]

Search This thread

david003

Aug 8, 2020
USB OTG is not supported in the current update of Android 13.1 (stable) version, updated on May 10, 2023. It is not getting detected in Orange Fox recovery as well, pls resolve this bug, attached screenshot for your reference
I just tried 2 different USB OTG adapters with 13.1 and both worked ok. It detected the attached flash drive (that was formatted with exfat). It might be your adapter, or the thing you're plugging into it.

Attachments

• arrowos-usb-otg-2023-05-14.png
    arrowos-usb-otg-2023-05-14.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Fostel

david003

Aug 8, 2020
I also found the 3 finger "swipe to screenshot" setting, searching for "gestures." Very nice.

Attachments

• arrowos-swipe-screenshot-2023-05-14.png
    arrowos-swipe-screenshot-2023-05-14.png
    98 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Fostel

david003

Aug 8, 2020
A few more things... There is also the ability to do long screenshots or partial screenshots. And there is an option to display network traffic indicators, though I haven't used it.

Attachments

• arrowos-long-screenshot-2023-03-15.png
    arrowos-long-screenshot-2023-03-15.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 29
  • arrowos-network-traffic-indicator-2023-03-15.png
    arrowos-network-traffic-indicator-2023-03-15.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 28

david003

Aug 8, 2020
I have noticed something with the battery. I was thinking it just needed calibration so I charged to 100% and discharged to ~25% and back up to 100%. But I'm still noticing that it drops from 100% to 95% within the first hour, very quickly. Overall, the battery performance is still ok, it's just the percentage.

I'm not sure if it's ArrowOS, or the kernel, or just some strange thing with my phone. I use AccA and normally just charge it to 80%.

Attachments

• arrowos-battery-usage-2023-05-17.png
    arrowos-battery-usage-2023-05-17.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 30

Hibsee

Nov 10, 2018
HI this is a bit of a nubee question please can someone throw some light on this:
when first time flashing custom rom (android 13) from Miui 14 do we need to flash the dm verity file?
most videos on youtube aren't using it

Fostel

Jan 16, 2013
London
OnePlus One
OnePlus X
HI this is a bit of a nubee question please can someone throw some light on this:
when first time flashing custom rom (android 13) from Miui 14 do we need to flash the dm verity file?
most videos on youtube aren't using it
I can only speak from my experience. I never used the 'verity' file when flashing clean.
Just flash the custom ROM and FORMAT DATA. All work and no issues. I keep my system encrypted.

Reactions: Hibsee
Oct 20, 2021
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hey, been using Arrow on and off for almost 2 years and the experience is pretty good overall, but I have 2 somewhat annoying issues with the latest official 13.1 gapps build.

In Infinity For Reddit, some images appear very small once tapped on. There is an open issue regarding this on their github, but one of the users claimed that it was a kernel specific issue on their device, not the app's. I tried clean flashing the ROM with no magisk installed and whatnot, but that didn't do anything. I then tried to use custom kernels(Another/Vantom/Aghisna) and all of them resulted in that issue being resolved. Reflashing Arrow to revert back to the stock kernel resulted in the issue coming back. I don't really like using custom kernels not inteded for use by original ROM maintainers, so seeing this addressed would be awesome.

When using "Force 120 Hz refresh rate" in Developer options, upon device reboot, refresh rate reverts back to 60. The force 120hz toggle still shows as enabled in dev options, but turning it off and back on again turns refresh rate back to 120. This doesn't seem to affect Smooth Display option, however.

Apart from that everything seems to be working as intended. Thanks a lot for your work Dani and keep it up.

david003

Aug 8, 2020
I continued to have battery issues with 13.1. When it got to around 50% I plugged in a data cable to transfer some files, the % increased a bit and then got stuck at 51% even after rebooting.

I installed the latest aghisna kernel, and charged to 100% while the phone was off.

AGHISNA-OSS-BASIC-17-05-2023-signed

So far, it's been much better.

Edit: In the end, this was not good, either. Fast charging stopped working, and I had a strange problem with the usb port. I'd connect a data cable, and sometimes it wouldn't let me transfer data. I'd reboot, and then it would pop up to select data transfer. But after removing the cable, it would never go away. Not the cable. I installed a new rom and it's ok again.

Last edited:

pa.ko

Dec 4, 2010
Latest update broke my AOD. Clock and notifications disappear after minute or so. Some strange white dots animation-like flash is seen also. Anyone else has this problem?

Reactions: VIncentVegan

Sadegh

May 18, 2018
Semnan
Im using this ROM for 4 days. Cant see whats the benefit of this ROM over the stock original ROM.
Can somebody tell me its new features and ...?

audinswfc

May 29, 2011
Barnsley
Latest 13.1 update borked my phone! Installed the new update like I normally would any other but this time when it booted most of my apps were just missing, and couldn't install from Play Store either. Had to fully wipe and clean install.

Why did this happen?

twixxx31

Mar 2, 2021
Latest 13.1 update borked my phone! Installed the new update like I normally would any other but this time when it booted most of my apps were just missing, and couldn't install from Play Store either. Had to fully wipe and clean install.

Why did this happen?
I was ready to proceed with update, but your feedback make me think twice :/

Tamsy

Mar 10, 2008
I can not confirm a borked phone. Just updated to the latest 13.1 (30.05.2023) through TWRP from external SD. All is just "sweet" as it has been before. All apps preserved, Play Store is working fine and AOD, clock and notifications are displaying as I have configured it.

All excellent like always.

d4me94

Mar 15, 2016
Can confirm. Same happened with me. After reboot apps were missing, apps were not installing from playstore either. Thank god my photos etc were safe.

Sorry to see the state of custom roms today, people don't even bother to test before release.

Why did this happen?

audinswfc

May 29, 2011
Barnsley
Can confirm. Same happened with me. After reboot apps were missing, apps were not installing from playstore either. Thank god my photos etc were safe.

Sorry to see the state of custom roms today, people don't even bother to test before release.

Did you do OTA method or manual zip download and flash? I did it manually as I don't really trust the OTA function. Wondering if that's why we both had the issue.

Jan 22, 2018
The update ruined my phone as well. First time via OTA it would bootloop. Then I was stupid enough to try again via manual flash and it did boot, but I get the error that there isn't enough storage even though I got 100 GB free...

OP, please fix this build. If anyone else has the previous 13.1 version, that'd be awesome.

juanizzo

Jan 2, 2018
Nexus 7 (2013)
Xiaomi Mi A1
Did you do OTA method or manual zip download and flash? I did it manually as I don't really trust the OTA function. Wondering if that's why we both had the issue.
I flashed via OTA and everything worked fine on my case.

Maybe it has something to do with each phone, because on previous releases (the two lastest before 13.1), fingerprint reader stopped working on mine, and when posted here, seems that I was the only one facing that issue...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

/*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • Cameras
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    • Double tap to wake

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Recovery (make sure to use THIS recovery for avoiding issues)

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source- ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- GitHub
    The official build has just been released, download it at https://arrowos.net/download !
    Hi all, had anyone information about whether @daniml3 is still supporting this ROM? Thanks
    Well, I didn't drop the device. But Arrow's situation is not really clear, even the February security patch was not merged.

So, I can't really guarantee anything, but by my side I haven't dropped the support.
    Hi guys!
    I'm glad development for ArrowOS is finally going on again.
    A few questions came up regarding updating to 13.1:

• Is this still maintained by @daniml3 ? The ArrowOS website names "TG_DEVICE_MAINTAINER", which sounds pretty generic.
    • Coming from 13.0, do I need to install a newer firmware when dirty flashing?
    • Will the 13.1 build pass safetynet and keep my banking apps working?
    • Will there be regular OTA updates?
    • As there were different takes on that: @daniml3 do you recommend going from 13.0 to 13.1?

Thank you everyone who might be able to answer my questions.

Best regards,
    Vince
    1- The ROM is maintained my me, yes, i just forgot to include it on the website.
    2- 13.1 uses MIUI 14 blobs. You may use older firmwares, but 14 is recommended.
    3- Yes
    4- Yes
    5- I'd recommend upgrading, I think 13.1 is more stable than 13.0.