I am on July 20th version no flickering in stock camera, no battery drain either. What build do you use?Clean flashed from stock rom following the instructions provided, ROM booted up is really fast and responsive however noticed these in the 24hrs time:
1.) while using the stock camera app the bottom half the screen keeps flickering.
2.) the phone had a charge of 80% before sleeping, morning when i checked the battery is dead , kept it for charging and the phone booted up showing 23% battery and charging. There is something that is eating the battery up but nothin is shown in the battery usage, just a straight decline of battery life.
can i flash the firmware on top of the latest build after a dirty flash?, or should i do a clean install?UPDATE!
- Updated blobs, GPS HAL and kernel to LA.UM.9.11.r1-04500-NICOBAR.0 (CAF)
- Updated MIUI blobs from V220.127.116.11.RCOMIXM
- Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.241 (android-4.14-stable)
- Enabled skiaGL as UI renderer (fix tiktok and few other apps crashing)
- Boost GPU to max for blur and disable blur by default
- Increased voice call volume steps to 6
- Freed some RAM from useless virtual framebuffer
- Added offline charging LED indicator
- Removed schedtune boosts to reduce heat
- Enabled IORap prefetching for faster app launch
- Switched to QTI battery health implementation
- Silenced logspam from wakeup selinux denials
- Undervolt GPU to reduce heat and power draw
- Misc kernel optimizations & fixes
August 2021 security patch will be rolled out in splitlies whenever it is available on AOSP (approx by next weekend).
As usual, dirty flash is fine but make sure to wipe cache and dalvik cache.
Ginkgo users only: V18.104.22.168.RCOMIXM firmware recommended.
Cheers and happy flashing!
I have the similar experience with VANILLA build. Both clean and dirty flashes. No problems whatsoever. But I use microG, not GAPPS on my ginkgo.