Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][barbet] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

Klimon5

Sep 19, 2015
Huawei Nexus 6P
LG V30
The universal SafetyNet module for Magisk did the trick for me. It forces basic attestation (basically makes the phone look like a low end phone to SafetyNet). I think that means that some apps may not give you like 4K HD quality, but I checked a few of the big ones (NetFlix, for example) and HD is working fine there. The only thing that kind of sucks is it occasionally just stops working and you have to fix it by resetting Google Play Services which breaks Google Wear synced connections. But that's the price we pay for using a decent OS. :-/
So Safetynet only works with google play services installed?

Gon Rouge

Jan 24, 2016
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7
LG G6
OK I am a bit new to all this. This is the first Google phone I have ever had so probably a dumb question but I am running the MicroG version of Lineage OS (lineage-18.1-20211116-microG-barbet) on my 5a and I really am enjoying the experience but I don't know if it is possible to lock the bootloader back after you unlock it and flashed LOS? Is it because the version of the ROM that I am using? Is it because I flashed the custom recovery with the ROM? Can I use Lineage OS with or without gapps but I would prefer not to use them if possible and be able to lock the bootloader back afterwards? I would like to be able to run this ROM on my phone but I worry about the phones security as a daily.

thx1200

Inactive Recognized Developer
OK I am a bit new to all this. This is the first Google phone I have ever had so probably a dumb question but I am running the MicroG version of Lineage OS (lineage-18.1-20211116-microG-barbet) on my 5a and I really am enjoying the experience but I don't know if it is possible to lock the bootloader back after you unlock it and flashed LOS? Is it because the version of the ROM that I am using? Is it because I flashed the custom recovery with the ROM? Can I use Lineage OS with or without gapps but I would prefer not to use them if possible and be able to lock the bootloader back afterwards? I would like to be able to run this ROM on my phone but I worry about the phones security as a daily.
Short answer: it's not possible.
Longer answer: it's actually possible, but you need to obtain a signing certificate and would have to personally build/sign every new version of LOS with the certificate.

I would just add that the amount of security you gain from a locked bootloader is pretty negligible as long you (A) only ever install ROMs you trust and (B) always use a relatively strong *password* lock screen (so the encryption key to your data is secured better from offline attack). The locked bootloader just prevents you from flashing unsigned ROM images.

It'd be awesome if Google would help the OpenSource community by providing a mechanism for legitimate ROM builders, like LOS, to sign their ROMs with low or no cost, but they don't.

Reactions: crubbish

Oxika95

Mar 15, 2017
Is there an official guide for installing root/magisk with Lineage OS. I flashed the latest Magisk .zip in the firmware flashing portion of the lineage installation but never did the boot.img patching because I cant figure out how to extract the .img file from the lineage install files. I seem to have root but I fail safety net whenever I attempt it.

Current Setup
1- Flashed Lineage via Lineage custom recovery
2- Flashed Gapps and Magisk (but havent done a patched boot.img)
3- used magisk's new deny list on google play services
4- installed module: MagiskHide Props Config & Terminal app, granted su, set fingerprint to pixel 3a
5- installed module: Enable Zygisk in magisk and installed Universal SafetyNet Fix
6- Checked SafetyNet: Insatlled Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker (YASAC), passes basic without a finger print but fails the other one. gets a google connection error when fingerprint is set.

Any help is appreciated. I asked for help over in the Magisk thread but was directed here.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
Is there an official guide for installing root/magisk with Lineage OS. I flashed the latest Magisk .zip in the firmware flashing portion of the lineage installation but never did the boot.img patching because I cant figure out how to extract the .img file from the lineage install files. I seem to have root but I fail safety net whenever I attempt it.

Current Setup
1- Flashed Lineage via Lineage custom recovery
2- Flashed Gapps and Magisk (but havent done a patched boot.img)
3- used magisk's new deny list on google play services
4- installed module: MagiskHide Props Config & Terminal app, granted su, set fingerprint to pixel 3a
5- installed module: Enable Zygisk in magisk and installed Universal SafetyNet Fix
6- Checked SafetyNet: Insatlled Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker (YASAC), passes basic without a finger print but fails the other one. gets a google connection error when fingerprint is set.

Any help is appreciated. I asked for help over in the Magisk thread but was directed here.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
I got it working with everything your doing except my fingerprint is set to pixel 6 pro and I'm also using deny list on Google play store and Gpay. I'm also using safetynet version 2.2

Oxika95

Mar 15, 2017
I got it working with everything your doing except my fingerprint is set to pixel 6 pro and I'm also using deny list on Google play store and Gpay. I'm also using safetynet version 2.2
Just an update on this in case anyone else finds this and is curious as to my results. I got Lineage running and passing safety net by following these steps.

My Setup
  1. In lineage custom Recovery I flashed...
    1. Lineage OS
    2. Gapps
    3. Magisk (v24.0+, no need to extract/patch a boot.img).
  2. In Magisk:
    1. Turn on Deny list, and deny Google Play Store (not services), GPay, & any banking apps.
    2. Installed module: "Magisk Hide Props Config" & used root terminal app (Termux in my case), set fingerprint to pixel 5a
    3. Enabled Zygisk
    4. Installed module: "Universal SafetyNet Fix"
  3. Checked Safety Net: Insatlled "Yet Another SafetyNet Attestation Checker" (YASAC), passes basic and CTS!
On a separate note I'm getting noticeable lag issues while typing, currently using Gboard. Anyone else running into this issue?

Gon Rouge

Jan 24, 2016
LG G6
Following up on this. I was curious why it wasn't detecting my SIM card correctly but I suspected not having Gapps installed unfortunately might be the issue. Sure enough, after wiping and flashing the 2021-12-16 LineageOS image and MindTheGapps it connected fine including 5G.

Because I really don't want Google services installed, I wiped and flashed LineageOS for microG recovery and image hoping it would work. I'm happy to report my SIM has been working for the last 6 days with no issues. I also flashed Magisk and installed a great Gcam mod and everything is working great.

Are other people without Gapps or microG having the same SIM detection issue? I didn't think it would be needed, but perhaps it's just a weird AT&T thing?
I flashed the MicroG version of LineageOS on my P5a 5G and kind of had a similar issue to yours but everything on the phone worked great I can make and receive calls, mobile data works, messaging works but the only issue I started having was I could not receive any text messages no matter what I did. I tried everything I could think of I even factory reset the phone like 3 times and still did not work. Later on I did some research online to see if other people were having the same issue and turned out what it was for me was my SIM Card was not a 5G SIM Card on Verizon.

Last edited:

Gon Rouge

Jan 24, 2016
LG G6
OK I got a question about gapps I am currently running the MicroG version of LineageOS on my phone using Verizon Wireless as my carrier and I am really enjoying it but is it possible to run LOS without gapps being installed on the OS through Verizon? Or does it have to be a GSM network in order for it to work without gapps?

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
How likely is Android 11 likely to be maintained for? I'm thinking of getting the 5a, but I really don't want to have to used Material You in the future.

It sounds in a round about way that your asking about a ETA for Lineage 19 Android 12 and if that's the case then that's against the rules here. Never ask about ETA's. If that's not the case then I apologize but if it was, then it will happen when it happens and not a minute sooner.

Pumpino

It sounds in a round about way that your asking about a ETA for Lineage 19 Android 12 and if that's the case then that's against the rules here. Never ask about ETA's. If that's not the case then I apologize but if it was, then it will happen when it happens and not a minute sooner.
Thanks for the unsolicited lecture. I was asking cause I DON'T want Android 12, as stated. LOS 18 might receive unofficial builds after LOS 19, which is why I asked.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
Thanks for the unsolicited lecture. I was asking cause I DON'T want Android 12, as stated. LOS 18 might receive unofficial builds after LOS 19, which is why I asked.
I wasn't exactly sure what you were asking and I wasn't accusing you of asking for ETA. That's why I asked. My guess is that once LineageOS 19 drops then it will be replaced by 18 and 18 will no longer be available on LineageOS website but I don't know for sure. If the source remains for 18 after that and the code base is still updated then its something that even a newbie developer such as myself could continue to work on but that's something the folks at Lineage could answer for sure.

gbtx4xda

Sep 4, 2021
I flashed this and everything works except there is no sim card detected and my sim is installed. I did some digging and other people are reporting that it needs gApps for the sim card to work properly. This pretty much kills lineage as my OS of choice because I want nothing to do with google or its services. The compromise was to use micro-G which I have installed with magisk but this has changed nothing.

Update: i went ahead and flashed graphene and relocked the bootloader etc. goodbye google.

Last edited:

Klimon5

Sep 19, 2015
Huawei Nexus 6P
LG V30
I flashed this and everything works except there is no sim card detected and my sim is installed. I did some digging and other people are reporting that it needs gApps for the sim card to work properly. This pretty much kills lineage as my OS of choice because I want nothing to do with google or its services. The compromise was to use micro-G which I have installed with magisk but this has changed nothing.

Update: i went ahead and flashed graphene and relocked the bootloader etc. goodbye google.
I'm running without gapps and instead with microg. Even before I installed microg with a magisk module, my sim worked just fine. Have you set your carrier APN settings correctly? What carrier are you on?

Otherwise, If graphene os solved your problems and it works for you, enjoy!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @aleasto The left bottom speaker is never used. Instead, the rom uses the top speaker.

I updated to 12 when I noticed the issue but it's still there.

Can someone check on their device so I know it's not just me? It's easy to miss this because the speakers still sound good.
    Only the bottom right grill is a speaker. The bottom left grill is a microphone!
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware.
    • To use the eSIM you need to have GApps
    Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/*
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • Google Play Store provides a very out of date version of Google Camera. You can use GoogleCamera.apk extracted from stock here
    Contributors
    mikeioannina
    aleasto
    The LineageOS team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    Official builds set to start on Thursday at https://download.lineageos.org/barbet
    Two update questions:

- I just got notice for OTA update. For the OTA updates, do we need to disable/uninstall Magisk before applying the update?

- Is there a way to do a Nandroid (or similar) backup in recovery before applying an update so we can roll back if it goes wrong?
    If you installed Magisk by sideloading in recovery it will persist the update. Otherwise you'll need to reinstall it after the update if you want to keep root.
    Source code temporarily on my github before it can be moved to the LineageOS organization
    Thanks for putting this together so quickly! I've been running for a couple of days now with MindTheGapps and haven't noticed any significant issues. I'm now pretty darn satisfied with my new 5a (Even though it's a friggin chonk). I'm on Visible and I was able to just pop my SIM card in and everything worked. Wifi calling, texting, 5G connection, etc - all good.

Only weird thing I've noticed is that after setting up fingerprints for device locksreen security I'm not able to then use fingerprint security within my other apps. For example - Chase app tells me "You haven't set up fingerprint sign in on this device", PayPal app says "We're having trouble confirming your fingerprint right now" and Bitwarden app doesn't present an option to enable "Unlock with Biometrics". So I'm using currrently using PINs for these apps which is a fine compromise for me - would be curious to know whether others have experienced this.

There have been some changes to SafetyNet in the past couple of days that tripped ctsProfile on my Pixel 4a running official LineageOS but I was able to pass SafetyNet check in this ROM by installing kdrag0n's Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.0.0 and using MagiskHide Props Config to set device fingerprint to Pixel 5.
    I doubt you need to set device fingerprint to Pixel 5 for safetynet.

Will fix fingerprint in apps in the next build now fixed