Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][barbet] LineageOS 20

Search This thread

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
  • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
  • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware.
  • To use the eSIM you need to have GApps
Instructions :
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/*
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
  • Google Play Store provides a very out of date version of Google Camera. You can use GoogleCamera.apk extracted from stock here
Contributors
mikeioannina
aleasto
The LineageOS team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 13

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2016
Portland, OR
Thanks for putting this together so quickly! I've been running for a couple of days now with MindTheGapps and haven't noticed any significant issues. I'm now pretty darn satisfied with my new 5a (Even though it's a friggin chonk). I'm on Visible and I was able to just pop my SIM card in and everything worked. Wifi calling, texting, 5G connection, etc - all good.

Only weird thing I've noticed is that after setting up fingerprints for device locksreen security I'm not able to then use fingerprint security within my other apps. For example - Chase app tells me "You haven't set up fingerprint sign in on this device", PayPal app says "We're having trouble confirming your fingerprint right now" and Bitwarden app doesn't present an option to enable "Unlock with Biometrics". So I'm using currrently using PINs for these apps which is a fine compromise for me - would be curious to know whether others have experienced this.

There have been some changes to SafetyNet in the past couple of days that tripped ctsProfile on my Pixel 4a running official LineageOS but I was able to pass SafetyNet check in this ROM by installing kdrag0n's Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.0.0 and using MagiskHide Props Config to set device fingerprint to Pixel 5.

Last edited:

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
Thanks for putting this together so quickly! I've been running for a couple of days now with MindTheGapps and haven't noticed any significant issues. I'm now pretty darn satisfied with my new 5a (Even though it's a friggin chonk). I'm on Visible and I was able to just pop my SIM card in and everything worked. Wifi calling, texting, 5G connection, etc - all good.

Only weird thing I've noticed is that after setting up fingerprints for device locksreen security I'm not able to then use fingerprint security within my other apps. For example - Chase app tells me "You haven't set up fingerprint sign in on this device", PayPal app says "We're having trouble confirming your fingerprint right now" and Bitwarden app doesn't present an option to enable "Unlock with Biometrics". So I'm using currrently using PINs for these apps which is a fine compromise for me - would be curious to know whether others have experienced this.

There have been some changes to SafetyNet in the past couple of days that tripped ctsProfile on my Pixel 4a running official LineageOS but I was able to pass SafetyNet check in this ROM by installing kdrag0n's Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.0.0 and using MagiskHide Props Config to set device fingerprint to Pixel 5.
I doubt you need to set device fingerprint to Pixel 5 for safetynet.

Will fix fingerprint in apps in the next build now fixed

Last edited:

grassyloki

Apr 4, 2012
Los Angles
Google Pixel 5a
Thanks for the build! it seems mostly good from my testing but one issue im having... for some reason the phone refuses to connect to the carrier after a sim card is inserted. I can see that it is detecting it, and that it sees that it should be using t-mobile, but It wont connect. Not sure if this helps, but i got a logcat of adding the simcard and airplane mode toggling on/off. maybe there is a useful log in there. Log is here. Thank you for your hard work!

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
Thanks for the build! it seems mostly good from my testing but one issue im having... for some reason the phone refuses to connect to the carrier after a sim card is inserted. I can see that it is detecting it, and that it sees that it should be using t-mobile, but It wont connect. Not sure if this helps, but i got a logcat of adding the simcard and airplane mode toggling on/off. maybe there is a useful log in there. Log is here. Thank you for your hard work!
I'm afraid i don't know what's wrong.
Can you try with adb logcat -d -b radio

Jul 8, 2016
Portland, OR
I doubt you need to set device fingerprint to Pixel 5 for safetynet.

Will fix fingerprint in apps in the next build now fixed
You're right. I'm passing now with Pixel 5a fingerprint.

Also thanks for the quick update. After flashing 09/07 build all the biometric security stuff is working as expected. All apps I'd listed in my previous post are fixed.

No new issues to report. Loving the setup 😄

Reactions: crubbish

grassyloki

Apr 4, 2012
Los Angles
Google Pixel 5a
@grassyloki Does your radio work on the latest build by any chance?
The build did not initially... but some fiddling with hidden menus eventually triggered cellular to activate!
See this video as to the issue. Basically the phone was seeing the SIM but not activating, same as the other builds. Airplane mode did nothing, even leaving it for an extended period of time off. I did get it eventually working by heading into the secret menu *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer, then the phone info screen. In here I cycled mobile radio power and changed the prefered network type to something different. Then Cellular activated. Once that happened, i went and selected the correct APN and enabled mobile data, and it worked! Not sure if any code change effected this outcome, but im just glad its working now! Thanks for the build and looking at my issue. Maybe this will help someone out who is having the same issue.

Zedicus

Apr 25, 2013
does the lineage updater work on this build or whats the process to update to the newest build?
thanks

weeems

Aug 28, 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
  • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
  • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware beforehand.
Instructions :
  • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
  • Boot to bootloader
  • fastboot flash boot lineage-recovery.img
  • Boot to recovery
  • Format data
  • Sideload LineageOS zip
  • Optionally flash any addons:
    • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
    • Sideload the addons
  • Reboot
See https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/redfin/install for more detailed instructions (that's for Pixel 5 but the procedure is the same)​
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
  • Stock Google Camera app crashes in Night Mode or Astrophotography. As a workaround, install this magisk module.
Contributors
aleasto
The LineageOS team

ROM OS Version: Android 11
The recovery I flashed keeps telling me that "E:Failed to open /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc: No such file or directory"

Flash Factory Reset also fails for that reason.
I am unable to Enable ADB to Flash Lineage OS for this reason. What am I doing wrong? I used https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/recovery/redfin/20210908/lineage-18.1-20210908-recovery-redfin.img

Nburnes

Sep 4, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
The recovery I flashed keeps telling me that "E:Failed to open /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc: No such file or directory"

Flash Factory Reset also fails for that reason.
I am unable to Enable ADB to Flash Lineage OS for this reason. What am I doing wrong? I used https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/recovery/redfin/20210908/lineage-18.1-20210908-recovery-redfin.img
Pixel 5a is barbet. That recovery says it's for redfin (Pixel 5).

You need to download the recovery from the sourceforge link in the OP.

Reactions: aleasto

Zedicus

Apr 25, 2013
Is there a prebuilt magisk for this?
I am on 0909 and audio has been working. It does not get real loaud but otherwise works fine.
Thanks for the build.

reichstah

Sep 29, 2010
Reactions: aleasto

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Informations :
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware.
    Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs

Known Issues
    • Google Play Store provides a very out of date version of Google Camera. You can use GoogleCamera.apk extracted from stock here
    Contributors
    mikeioannina
    aleasto
    The LineageOS team

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    Two update questions:

- I just got notice for OTA update. For the OTA updates, do we need to disable/uninstall Magisk before applying the update?

- Is there a way to do a Nandroid (or similar) backup in recovery before applying an update so we can roll back if it goes wrong?
    If you installed Magisk by sideloading in recovery it will persist the update. Otherwise you'll need to reinstall it after the update if you want to keep root.
    Official builds set to start on Thursday at https://download.lineageos.org/barbet
    Source code temporarily on my github before it can be moved to the LineageOS organization
    New build with new kernel experiments targeting official release.
    Please test and report whether audio works still: