I keep getting a bootloop when installing on Verizon. I have tried to install lollipop and kitkat GAPPS and it'll boot up to the beanstalk boot then android upgrading screen and after that it just keeps looping. I've tried redownloading the rom and GAPPS also made sure I have the latest TWRP. When I install I wipe SYSTEM, DALVIK, and CACHE. Is there anything i'm doing incorrectly or anything else i can try out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A couple updates in the OP. Currently sprint and Verizon builds have been compiled. More to come later if I have users running this rom on other carriers? Speak now so I can get your device build updated also. enjoy
The ROM is working great and smoothly- Two issues I am experiencing though it may not be with everyone else is very slow charging times and very slow data. This was an issue in earlier builds of unofficial CM12 but was rectified. Not sure if this helps, but I hope there can be a fix. I love using the ROM- not one FC.
HTC SENSE BLEED FEED, and HTC weather widget and clock
Anybody knows how to install por flash in this ver y great ROM, the HTC bleed feed and weather widget and clock?. I am trying several zip files in internet but the widgeds doesnt work properly, vive errors. Any idea?
This rom was compiled by me, Scott.Hart.bti has done the real work! I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by myself. This is a build composed off of the CM builds and i have added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!
I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.
Interested in Porting/Building BeanStalk on another device? Check out Post #3! If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.
***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. I am working on this myself and do not have a team that is helping me. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. Im going to say this once and only once... I am doing this for fun. It is my CHOICE to share my work with everyone. If you decide that you do not like my work, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***
First time flashing a CM based rom to your device?
Coming from a SENSE ROM?
Enable all location services: Settings > Location > (all location services) = On
Update to the latest CM ready TWRP recovery HERE or use the latest CWM
Make sure you are rooted
Download both the BeanStalk build and the latest GAPPs package.
Boot into recovery
Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe /system and dalvik cache as a precaution
Sprint users ONLY do the FACTORY RESET before flash!
Flash BeanStalk build
Flash GAPPs package
Reboot & Enjoy!
SlimROM source can be found HERE
DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
My source can be found HERE
Scott Hart for his source codes and amazing rom Santod040 which inspired me to build after running his amazing roms! Also helping me along the way to learn to build. Disconnecktie has pretty much schooled me every step & answered my questions. Androidfilehost.com for rom hosting Special Thanks to Flyhalf205 AND sbrissen for getting this project off the ground!! Anyone else I may have missed please PM me & I will make sure to include your name.
Donations are NOT required but are accepted for better programming equipment.
I will be releasing all new builds hopefully this week. Currently compiling t6spr and will build from there. Also adding FM radio back if we get it fixed. I've pulled some commits from @Ƒłƴнαłƒ205 for fm, just need to test them.
EDIT: I just wanted to pop in to let everyone know that I got caught up with the holidays & kids running here & there for their sports. I'm off work tomorrow & "MAY" get a little free time between Dr's visits for the kiddos to get these builds updated.
So your interested in Building/Porting for another device?! Follow this guide! **Please make sure to give proper credits and Use the layout i have in the first post.** - If you need assistance, please send me a PM, do NOT post questions in this thread. I may open a general porting/building thread in another section depending on how this goes. You must have some general experience/knowledge in this area to complete this. Building from Linux platforms. In particular Ubuntu 10.04
Setup to build - This section can be skipped if you've ever built anything before. This is for first time build setup.
1. From your root terminal location, type the following: sudo apt-get install curl git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib
2. Type: mkdir ~/bin
3. Type: PATH=~/bin:$PATH
4. Type: curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
5. Type: chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
1. type 'cd'. This will bring you to your root folder.
2. type 'mkdir beanstalk'. This will create a folder named beanstalk.
3. type 'cd beanstalk'. This will take you to the beanstalk directory created from previous step
4. type 'repo init -u git://github.com/scotthartbti/android.git -b kk44'. This will setup the folders to be synced.
5. type 'repo sync'. This will sync the folders to your beanstalk directory. Note - This will take some time depending on internet connection. Be patient!
6. After the repo sync finally finishes, all you need to do is add your device, kernel, vendor specific files for the device you are building for. (You must know what these are, dont bother asking me if your not sure.)
7. Make sure all your device specific files are setup as if you were going to build for CM.
8. Outside of terminal, navigate to beanstalk/vendor/cm. Double click on the get-prebuilts file and select run in terminal. This will fetch necessary files needed to build and place them where they need to be.
9. Type '. build/envsetup.sh && brunch "device name"'
10. Previous step will start building beanstalk for your device. The process takes anywhere from 1 - 3 hours depending on your computer.
11. Once completed, it will say package complete and you will have a beanstalk named zip file in your out folder.
If you like the above mentioned work, clicking thanks or donating to my rainy day fund by clicking here is a great way to show it.
I have only tested the sprint version so make sure you run a nandroid before flashing. No need to flash SuperSU or SuperUser, it will be done during installation. You must go into the cellular settings and let the app crash before it will read your sim card currently.