• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][begonia][11.0] crDroidAndroid v7.x

Search This thread

DVele

Jun 27, 2018
One last question. I do not need to follow this instructions from OP? I mean use one recovery to format data and then brp recovery to flash rom?
  • Use this recovery to format data
  • Format Data
  • Change to this recovery to flash the rom

Last edited by a moderator:

Gouda998

Oct 18, 2021
Why spend that much? Just join Telegram, they have free unbrick method and you can ask if you have errors. Even you ask other to help you, dont need spend that much. Free or just 5-10$ they will help you online. And if you can learn something from that, you can do it by yourself.
Its first time hirdbreak phone ever and i try many thik but don't get any help naw i see many way to do it befor try this room and can try safe without hardbrak naw

Rudyxxx

Mar 3, 2008
all ok, i followed step by step that guide,
1 unlock
2 fastboot
3 flash cn recovery (fastboot or tool all in one) set my language
4 format data
5 mount internal storage and copy recovery.zip on phone
6 flash zip
7 reboot recovery then allowed modification and set time language
8 format dalvik system vendor cache
9 flash zip crdroid and gapps
10 clear dalvik and cache
11 reboot
12 go to sleep
p.s. i come from miui V12.5.3.0.RGGEUXM (EEA)
thanks

Reactions: ilikepcs

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
OK, I have good news and bad news.

The bad news: The battery drain persists. I've tried multiple Custom ROMs based on MIUI 12.5 and all drain my battery.
The good news: I've pinpointed it to WiFi (directly or indirectly related). WiFi Off = No Battery Drain. WiFi On = Battery Drain.

Since this is off topic, later today I'll be posting my results (with screenshots) here.

Compass.

Last edited:

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
OK, I have good news and bad news.

The bad news: The battery drain persists. I've tried multiple Custom ROMs based on MIUI 12.5 and all drain my battery.
The good news: I've pinpointed it to WiFi (directly or indirectly related). WiFi Off = No Battery Drain. WiFi On = Battery Drain.

Since this is off topic, later today I'll be posting my results (with screenshots) here.

Compass.
Try use other kernel. I didn't play game much so in using 12fw based custom roms with Quantum Kilker L (lastest support selfie camera) GTC + EAS + battery saver on, 150-350 mAh, usually up to 15h SOT. Last time i tried kernel on 12.5fw based custom roms, around 370-600mAh with Neutrino R-Oss. New one updated from that time and some other kernel but im still lazy to test.

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Try use other kernel. I didn't play game much so in using 12fw based custom roms with Quantum Kilker L (lastest support selfie camera) GTC + EAS + battery saver on, 150-350 mAh, usually up to 15h SOT. Last time i tried kernel on 12.5fw based custom roms, around 370-600mAh with Neutrino R-Oss. New one updated from that time and some other kernel but im still lazy to test.
I did.

I was using [1002][GCC][R-OSS][Stable][Begonia]4.14.248-Neutrino-Stock-8aacbb86d with my previous Custom ROM and still there was battery drain.

Compass.

SirSeanM10Pro

Things to note with MIUI 12.5 / begonia-dev based roms

TWRP 3.5.2
- There is no decryption needed. just press cancel instead of putting password. There is no FBE right now.
- You can only flash 1 zip at a time, just reboot to recovery to flash the next zip (Migrate flash ZIP1 > reboot recovery > flash ZIP2 etc)

Battery does seem like it goes down faster than 12fw, might be the less optimised kernel rn, will have to test before I'm sure.

Review Update 1:
Battery life is definitely worse.

Review Update 2:
It took 4hrs SOT for my battery to go from 100% to 20%. Worst thing I did was probably a 30 minute Signal call. Not great. Hopefully the battery issue is better in the future (idk maybe its a MIUI 12.5 source problem)

Last Review:
On average, 3hrs SOT for 50% battery usage.

Last edited:

Oogwaysmash

Jan 21, 2018
Hello,

Does anyone know if this rom runs any leaner than pixel experience? I'm currently running latest PE, and while battery life is good, the system feels a bit sluggish and bogged down. Maybe too much for G90T?

Reactions: Compass Linux

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Hello,

Does anyone know if this rom runs any leaner than pixel experience? I'm currently running latest PE, and while battery life is good, the system feels a bit sluggish and bogged down. Maybe too much for G90T?
Occasionally I've had some UI lags.

It drains battery just like all the other MIUI 12.5 based Custom ROM's I've tested.

Compass.

Reactions: Oogwaysmash

bandos23

Nov 5, 2014
Why spend that much? Just join Telegram, they have free unbrick method and you can ask if you have errors. Even you ask other to help you, dont need spend that much. Free or just 5-10$ they will help you online. And if you can learn something from that, you can do it by yourself.

you don't have to pay anything at all, just download some MTK BootROM Bypass (SLA / DDA) and flash. completely free

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
you don't have to pay anything at all, just download some MTK BootROM Bypass (SLA / DDA) and flash. completely free
But some cant do by themselves and they not join any group, so they cant unbrick by some error and feel confuse for find solutions. You feel easy but i saw many stuck at some steps, maybe you can solve but not them. As i said there is free method, but if he cant do, he can ask other to help or as for Teamviewer help (free or need donation up to helper)
P/s: Try use Orange fox Recovery. If you have lucky you just bootloop. If you not, you will hard brick you can use unbrick method (easy for you) to flash Miui 12.5.x and just need to do next steps anyway. Or maybe you can be the first one can success that (never see anyone flash from 12fw to 12.5fw custom roms with no problem except old PE+)

Dec 6, 2010
Hello, I have some weird things about my notifications.

- First, the led is not bright. I tried to change colors but it seems so low than pixel experience rom.
- Second, my screen don't wake up when a notification comes. I tried to play with notifications settings but it doesn't seem to work...

Does anyone have any tips on this or experienced these problems ?

Overall, great rom !

Thx !

realest25

Aug 26, 2015
If you wat bb and not play game. Try 12fw based custom roms + QK L Proton + EAS. Last time i can reach 15h SOT /100 with play some normal game (Tft), Youtube, Telegram, music. And if you want play game, just dirty flash QK N for performance then flash L again for bb. Lastest QK supported new selfie cam.
Hello. You said for good battery we can try 12fw based custom roms + QK L Proton + "EAS" . Please, tell me what is "EAS" ? Thank you

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Hello. You said for good battery we can try 12fw based custom roms + QK L Proton + "EAS" . Please, tell me what is "EAS" ? Thank you
Screenshot 2021-11-07 081834.png

Reactions: realest25

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot 2021-11-07 081834.png
    Hi! Thank you for the ROM and updates. Works just flawlessly, battery life is much better then on other ROMs that I tried before (some unofficial builds of LineageOS).
    Does official crDroid 7.12 include buffer fix for Google Camera or I should install it manually? If not, can it be installed someway without root/Magisk, via latest TWRP, for example? Thank you!

Screenshot_20211130-085945236.jpg

You will find something there. And Bufferfix has TWRP version.
    BE3pE0l.png
    Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
    First time installation:

WARNING: It is highly recommended to come from global miui 12.5.3 and to follow steps properly, expecially by using recommended recoveries to avoid bricks or any kind of errors !
    • Use this recovery to format data
    • Format Data
    • Change to this recovery to flash the rom
    • Wipe system, dalvik, cache, vendor
    • Install Rom
    • Install gapps (Optional)
    • Reboot
    Update installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe Dalvik/Cache
    • Install rom
    • Install gapps (Optional)
    • Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Device sources: https://github.com/begonia-dev

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/begonia
    Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/11.0/changelog_begonia.txt

Known issues:
    * You tell me

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    DarkJoker360 Telegram Updates
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Updates Channel
    Donations
    Finly rom with out hardbrike my phone i hardbrike my 2 time and pad 60$ naw finly room graet but i have littel ask how on alwys on disply
    I've never had issues with a locked Mi Account, but below are the steps I used:
    1. Boot to fastboot mode;
    2. Flash MIUI 12.5.1 Fastboot ROM (global doesn't have a Fastboot 12.5.3 yet, only recovery);
    3. Boot to fastboot mode;
    4. Flash BRP3.5.2v3.0 (I extracted recovery.img from the zip and used that);
    5. Boot to recovery;
    6. Flash crDroid;
    7. Flash Open GApps (I used the latest arm64-11 nano; it took a while to flash but it worked);
    8. Wipe system, dalvik, cache and vendor (I think this is unnecessary because I flashed MIUI 12.5.1; did it anyway);
    9. Format data (I think this is unnecessary because I flashed MIUI 12.5.1; did it anyway);
    10. Reboot to system;
    11. Install the Magisk v23.0 apk;
    12. Boot to recovery;
    13. Flash the Magisk v23.0 zip (flashing the apk should also work; same file);
    14. Boot to system;
    15. Check the Magisk app if root is installed (it is).
    I think Kirasu2080 is correct. You can ignore setting up MIUI therefore no Mi Account issue.

Compass.
    1/Check your steps again. Why Wipe after flash rom?
    2/It maybe end with format error because of encryption.
    all ok, i followed step by step that guide,
    1 unlock
    2 fastboot
    3 flash cn recovery (fastboot or tool all in one) set my language
    4 format data
    5 mount internal storage and copy recovery.zip on phone
    6 flash zip
    7 reboot recovery then allowed modification and set time language
    8 format dalvik system vendor cache
    9 flash zip crdroid and gapps
    10 clear dalvik and cache
    11 reboot
    12 go to sleep
    p.s. i come from miui V12.5.3.0.RGGEUXM (EEA)
    thanks
    Hello,