• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][begonia][11.0] crDroidAndroid v7.x

Search This thread

daggersnz

Aug 21, 2021
OK, I have good news and bad news.

The bad news: The battery drain persists. I've tried multiple Custom ROMs based on MIUI 12.5 and all drain my battery.
The good news: I've pinpointed it to WiFi (directly or indirectly related). WiFi Off = No Battery Drain. WiFi On = Battery Drain.

Since this is off topic, later today I'll be posting my results (with screenshots) here.

Compass.
hey, would this be fixed by downgrading to a custom rom below MIUI12.5?

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
hey, would this be fixed by downgrading to a custom rom below MIUI12.5?
Most likely, yes.

The issue is probably with Android 11, MIUI 12.5 or both. If you switch to MIUI 12.0 (stock or custom) you shouldn't have this battery drain issue anymore. I haven't been able to locate where the problem is exactly. Custom ROM's based on Android 12 are starting to come out, so there's still some hope the fix is close (if the issue is only with Android 11).

Problem is that most developers have dropped development for Android 10/MIUI 12.0 Custom ROMs, and depending on the Custom ROM you choose to install you'll encounter the SafetyNET failure.

I'm going to install [1026][GCC][R-OSS][Stable][Begonia]4.14.252-Neutrino-Stock-2247923a6.zip later today although the previous version did nothing to fix the battery drain. Who knows. I'll post my results later.

If you want to try this kernel yourself, google "Neutrino Kernels For Begonia" since it's not allowed to post it directly here. Make sure you have backups of boot.img and dtbo.img of your current ROM. If you restore only boot.img there's a high chance that you'll encounter a hard brick. If you have Magisk installed installing the kernel will also automatically root it for you. To install this kernel just flash using TWRP (in my case I'm using BRP3.5.2v3.0).

So:
  • GCC -> Battery
  • DTC -> Performance
  • PROTON -> Balance
And:
  • Q-OSS: Android 10 (stock/custom)
  • R-OSS: Android 11 (stock/custom)

The Flamescion/Phantasm kernel are for changing the frequencies of the CPU's I think (you can't do that with the stock kernels). I've never used those and I don't intend to for now.

Compass.

Last edited:

daggersnz

Aug 21, 2021
Most likely, yes.

The issue is probably with Android 11, MIUI 12.5 or both. If you switch to MIUI 12.0 (stock or custom) you shouldn't have this battery drain issue anymore. I haven't been able to locate where the problem is exactly. Custom ROM's based on Android 12 are starting to come out, so there's still some hope the fix is close (if the issue is only with Android 11).

Problem is that most developers have dropped development for Android 10/MIUI 12.0 Custom ROMs, and depending on the Custom ROM you choose to install you'll encounter the SafetyNET failure.

I'm going to install [1026][GCC][R-OSS][Stable][Begonia]4.14.252-Neutrino-Stock-2247923a6.zip later today although the previous version did nothing to fix the battery drain. Who knows. I'll post my results later.

If you want to try this kernel yourself, google "Neutrino Kernels For Begonia" since it's not allowed to post it directly here. Make sure you have backups of boot.img and dtbo.img of your current ROM. If you restore only boot.img there's a high chance that you'll encounter a hard brick. If you have Magisk installed installing the kernel will also automatically root it for you.

So:
  • GCC -> Battery
  • DTC -> Performance
  • PROTON -> Balance
And:
  • Q-OSS: Android 10 (stock/custom)
  • R-OSS: Android 11 (stock/custom)

The Flamescion/Phantasm kernel are for changing the frequencies of the CPU's I think (you can't do that with the stock kernels). I've never used those and I don't intend to for now.

Compass.
Thanks for your reply, I'll probably just hang tight and wait for someone else to find a solution.

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Thanks for your reply, I'll probably just hang tight and wait for someone else to find a solution.
Yeah, I hope there is a solution.

I've just flashed the kernel but didn't boot into system yet (my phone is charging while off).

Edit 01: Added two screenshots (perf that comes with crDroid and Neutrino that I just installed). Now the testing phase begins. In case it fails I'll try the PROTON (balanced) Kernel too.

Edit 02: I've found extra information. The best combination for battery is GCC + Phantasm, so that's what I'll flash before the next battery cycle charge if the current results are unsatisfactory independently of the results (I can always return to a previous kernel).

Edit 03: The battery drain is even worse if I have web applications exchanging information with my phone (like WhatsApp and Telegram Web).

Compass.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 77
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

ilikepcs

Feb 18, 2012
Damascus
Redmi Note 8 Pro
TCL 10L
Anyone experience audio problems? After about 3-5 minutes any audio starts to degrade, becomes garbled. Via browser or music app. Any help appreciated.

Just the browsers. Music app is fine.

Last edited:

Hotty Capy

Jul 11, 2021
Nagasaki Bio Park
tlinks.run
Hi! Thank you for the ROM and updates. Works just flawlessly, battery life is much better then on other ROMs that I tried before (some unofficial builds of LineageOS).
Does official crDroid 7.12 include buffer fix for Google Camera or I should install it manually? If not, can it be installed someway without root/Magisk, via latest TWRP, for example? Thank you!

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Hi! Thank you for the ROM and updates. Works just flawlessly, battery life is much better then on other ROMs that I tried before (some unofficial builds of LineageOS).
Does official crDroid 7.12 include buffer fix for Google Camera or I should install it manually? If not, can it be installed someway without root/Magisk, via latest TWRP, for example? Thank you!

Screenshot_20211130-085945236.jpg

You will find something there. And Bufferfix has TWRP version.

Reactions: Hotty Capy

Lelfol

Nov 28, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
i flashed this using PE recovery and did the OP steps to install rom with pico gapps, everything went well, better than PE so far

edit: i actually had to install OP recovery cuz i could not decrypt data using PE recovery(weird) but your chinese recovery is good anyway

Last edited:

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
i flashed this using PE recovery and did the OP steps to install rom with pico gapps, everything went well, better than PE so far

edit: i actually had to install OP recovery cuz i could not decrypt data using PE recovery(weird) but your chinese recovery is good anyway
If you are using A11 version use brp 3.5.2 v3.1, encryption is not broken. If you are using A12 version, encryption broken with all twrp.

Reactions: Lelfol

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo

Attachments

• photo_2021-12-31_15-11-45.jpg
    photo_2021-12-31_15-11-45.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 43
  • photo_2021-12-31_15-11-45 (2).jpg
    photo_2021-12-31_15-11-45 (2).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 45
  • photo_2021-12-31_15-11-46.jpg
    photo_2021-12-31_15-11-46.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 45
Hello guys, I just finished Android 12 bringup over LineageOS source code as crDroid source code has some issues with mtk devices currently. If you want some taste of Android 12 grab some of my lineage builds here:

Everything is bugless with enforcing selinux and encryption. Have fun !
Since you got selinux and encryption working, I think these builds will qualify as official therefore you could apply as a official LineageOS maintainer.

daggersnz

Aug 21, 2021
Hello guys, I just finished Android 12 bringup over LineageOS source code as crDroid source code has some issues with mtk devices currently. If you want some taste of Android 12 grab some of my lineage builds here:

Everything is bugless with enforcing selinux and encryption. Have fun !
do you have installation instructions or should I just follow those from the first page? thanks

gadmei.tw

Jan 12, 2016
DarkJoker360
Have you ever flash ANXcamera in this rom crDroid 7.13 -20211215?
I flash ANXcamera 185R, then i can't flash in~
I got the freeze screen as shown below ,

IMG_20211230_133515.jpg

anyway, thanks~

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DarkJoker360
    Have you ever flash ANXcamera in this rom crDroid 7.13 -20211215?
    I flash ANXcamera 185R, then i can't flash in~
    I got the freeze screen as shown below

View attachment 5502311
    Type "pling anx begonia" on Google.
    Then download & flash TWRP version by Santoshhhh.
    crDroid 12 v8.x has been officially released for begonia !

NOTE: crDroid 11 v7.x will be updated whenever I have time from now on.
    BE3pE0l.png
    Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
    First time installation:

WARNING: It is highly recommended to come from global miui 12.5.3 and to follow steps properly, expecially by using recommended recoveries to avoid bricks or any kind of errors !
    • Use this recovery to format data
    • Format Data
    • Change to this recovery to flash the rom
    • Wipe system, dalvik, cache, vendor
    • Install Rom
    • Install gapps (Optional)
    • Reboot
    Update installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe Dalvik/Cache
    • Install rom
    • Install gapps (Optional)
    • Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Device sources: https://github.com/begonia-dev

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/begonia
    Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/11.0/changelog_begonia.txt

Known issues:
    * You tell me

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    DarkJoker360 Telegram Updates
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Updates Channel
    Donations
    Finly rom with out hardbrike my phone i hardbrike my 2 time and pad 60$ naw finly room graet but i have littel ask how on alwys on disply
    Why spend that much? Just join Telegram, they have free unbrick method and you can ask if you have errors. Even you ask other to help you, dont need spend that much. Free or just 5-10$ they will help you online. And if you can learn something from that, you can do it by yourself.
    I've never had issues with a locked Mi Account, but below are the steps I used:
    1. Boot to fastboot mode;
    2. Flash MIUI 12.5.1 Fastboot ROM (global doesn't have a Fastboot 12.5.3 yet, only recovery);
    3. Boot to fastboot mode;
    4. Flash BRP3.5.2v3.0 (I extracted recovery.img from the zip and used that);
    5. Boot to recovery;
    6. Flash crDroid;
    7. Flash Open GApps (I used the latest arm64-11 nano; it took a while to flash but it worked);
    8. Wipe system, dalvik, cache and vendor (I think this is unnecessary because I flashed MIUI 12.5.1; did it anyway);
    9. Format data (I think this is unnecessary because I flashed MIUI 12.5.1; did it anyway);
    10. Reboot to system;
    11. Install the Magisk v23.0 apk;
    12. Boot to recovery;
    13. Flash the Magisk v23.0 zip (flashing the apk should also work; same file);
    14. Boot to system;
    15. Check the Magisk app if root is installed (it is).
    I think Kirasu2080 is correct. You can ignore setting up MIUI therefore no Mi Account issue.

Compass.
    1/Check your steps again. Why Wipe after flash rom?
    2/It maybe end with format error because of encryption.
    all ok, i followed step by step that guide,
    1 unlock
    2 fastboot
    3 flash cn recovery (fastboot or tool all in one) set my language
    4 format data
    5 mount internal storage and copy recovery.zip on phone
    6 flash zip
    7 reboot recovery then allowed modification and set time language
    8 format dalvik system vendor cache
    9 flash zip crdroid and gapps
    10 clear dalvik and cache
    11 reboot
    12 go to sleep
    p.s. i come from miui V12.5.3.0.RGGEUXM (EEA)
    thanks
    Hello,

Does anyone know if this rom runs any leaner than pixel experience? I'm currently running latest PE, and while battery life is good, the system feels a bit sluggish and bogged down. Maybe too much for G90T?