[ROM][OFFICIAL][berkeley][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][berkeley][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Honor View 10

Contributors
LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-12-07
Last Updated 2019-03-01

mondalakash

Mar 11, 2017
I used whatever was in '/home/luk/Downloads/twrp-3.2.1-1-berkeley (1).img' (sha1: abe9eae7aab75a9fe592ffff59a0261d8dc54aa1); it's probably the official one xD
Cool:)

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

I used whatever was in '/home/luk/Downloads/twrp-3.2.1-1-berkeley (1).img' (sha1: abe9eae7aab75a9fe592ffff59a0261d8dc54aa1); it's probably the official one xD
The Indian variant has emui 9 beta... Will that be fine if I install lineage 16 over that
Considering the eu variant has stable emui 9
Thats what u r probably using

Last edited:

Codebucket

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2016
Kraków
www.codebucket.de
Funny to see Huawei releasing proper vendor with EMUI 9 for BKL-L09, while dev units like mine are still waiting for update for the BKL-L04 :/

Anyway, looking forward to a less messy work! (oh boy, is that even possible with Huawei?)

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Funny to see Huawei releasing proper vendor with EMUI 9 for BKL-L09, while dev units like mine are still waiting for update for the BKL-L04 :/

Anyway, looking forward to a less messy work! (oh boy, is that even possible with Huawei?)
I wouldn't say it's proper but it's definitely better than 8.x. Still the most annoying phone I've worked on so far.

ePearl

Mar 2, 2012
I have had success flashing Pixel Experience ( AOSP Pie ) on my P20 Pro - although it does break TWRP and requires eRecovery to go back to EMUI and refresh TWRP to reload a custom ROM. Will this version boot on the P20 Pro ( as Pixel Experience does ) ? Thx LuK1337 for your hard work !

Reactions: manjot@62

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
I have had success flashing Pixel Experience ( AOSP Pie ) on my P20 Pro - although it does break TWRP and requires eRecovery to go back to EMUI and refresh TWRP to reload a custom ROM. Will this version boot on the P20 Pro ( as Pixel Experience does ) ? Thx LuK1337 for your hard work !

I would have a separate release for P20 Pro if wk wouldn't keep ignoring me on IRC lol.

Reactions: lululala

ezio84

Oct 18, 2009
Giovinazzo (Bari)
Thanks for the nice bringup Luk! The new device tree works very well.
Ps: it's missing
Code:
allow platform_app nfc_service:service_manager find;
to get a working NFC tile (i can't test nfc though).
Since some time i've been using also this: Click to get Voice Match, if you are interested.

It'd be nice to have a working Flex's Huawei camera port too (Click), i tried it but at least on my build the app doesn't save photos (although it seems working well and even saves recorded videos).

Last edited:
Reactions: mondalakash

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Thanks for the nice bringup Luk! The new device tree works very well.
Ps: it's missing
Code:
allow platform_app nfc_service:service_manager find;
to get a working NFC tile (i can't test nfc though).
Since some time i've been using also this: Click to get Voice Match, if you are interested.

It'd be nice to have a working Flex's Huawei camera port too (Click), i tried it but at least on my build the app doesn't save photos (although it seems working well and even saves recorded videos).

1. NFC Tile seems to be working here. I suppose it's already allowed in lineage sepolicy,
2. I kinda wanted to include it some time ago but I couldn't find the apk in my dumps therefore I didn't do that. Now I see that it's in update_full_BKL-L09_hw_eu so I guess i'll include it soon,
3. Uh, I'm not including custom camera app in my build, sowwy. Also eh, I'm not really that familiar with apk hacking so I can't really help with getting it fully working.

Last edited:

ezio84

Oct 18, 2009
Giovinazzo (Bari)
2. I kinda wanted to include it some time ago but I couldn't find the apk in my dumps therefore I didn't do that. Now I see that it's in update_full_BKL-L09_hw_eu so I guess i'll include it soon,
Yeah, i grabbed them from an old l09 image then Huawei dropped those apk.
Indeed they now added them back lol, i'll update on my side too and see if they still work well like the old ones do.

cosmoa

Sep 1, 2016
love this rom, but it seems that this rom do not support multi-sim, there is no signal when put the sim card into second sim slot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][berkeley][9] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Honor View 10

Contributors
    LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2018-12-07
    Last Updated 2019-03-01
    NOTE: These builds require EMUI 9 firmware, they will not boot on EMUI 8 devices.
    hint: Now you can get HwCamera2 here ~ https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78501579&postcount=89
    protip: It won't work on any builds prior to lineage-16.0-20181223_225012-UNOFFICIAL-berkeley.zip so if you're running older build you got to update.

I managed to include the libraries Flex has modified into the APK and pushed as a pre-built here: https://github.com/berkeley-pie/pro...mmit/960649f1ea4b118ecc4ddc7cbd521e95a24745f2

Edit: it even saved portrait images on my BKL-L04 with EMUI 8 vendor and video stabilization works too

I wouldn't say it's proper but it's definitely better than 8.x. Still the most annoying phone I've worked on so far.