[ROM][Official][Beta] Slim7 Weeklies for Moto X Pure (clark)

Search This thread

smithmal

Jun 19, 2012
Flash SuperSU or Magisk..

In case you're interested in root, make sure you flash v2.78 (which you can DL from here). I used the wrong version and got stuck in a boot loop causing me to need to completely wipe and reinstall OS.

smithmal

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Is there any way to get "The Real Dark" theme since themes are not built in?

Thanks for the great ROM OP. Seems great so far (upgrading from SlimRom6).

smithmal

ChuyitoSr

May 25, 2013
I was unable to get latest version to flash correctly. I tried a few different times and twrp was unable to complete the flash. I returned to beta 0.29 and all is fine. Anybody else having issues with latest weekly?

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
I was unable to get latest version to flash correctly. I tried a few different times and twrp was unable to complete the flash. I returned to beta 0.29 and all is fine. Anybody else having issues with latest weekly?

Did you try dirty or clean flash. On their Google plus page they mentioned this week's build should be clean flashed, dirty flash won't work.

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
So far, this ROM is much smoother than the others I've tried (pretty much every other ROM here). Does not seem to have OMS, as substratum doesn't do anything. Is this possible to add to Slim? I miss theming. Thanks.

No you can't. Slim is working on its own slim theme manager. There was a little dispute between substratum devs and slim devs in the past. So substratum doesn't work. Though they have made up and are said to be working together.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    oCjAl3F.png

SlimRoms presents: Slim7 Nougat

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim7 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 7 Nougat.

Slim offers the following original features:
    • Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
      • ​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
    • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
      • ​Customize your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
    • SlimRecents
      • A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
    • SlimLauncher
      • ​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home
    • Status bar customization
      • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.

Important links:

slimroms.org - Our official website and your source for anything SlimRoms related.

Downloads - Slimify your device!

Installation instructions - Follow these steps if you want SlimRoms on your device.

FAQ - Have a question? Consider reading our FAQ first, you might find your answer there!.

Report-bugs - Found a bug? Send it our way!

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - You can contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Flashing instructions:

Coming from another ROM, OR if a CLEAN FLASH is required
    1) Download the Slim7 zip file
    2) Download a compatible Android 7.X GApps package
    3) Boot into recovery (TWRP)
    4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    5) Flash the Slim7 zip file
    6) Flash Nougat-compatible GApps
    7) Reboot

Updating from previous Slim7 release if no clean flash is required
    1) Download the Slim7 zip file
    2) Boot into recovery (TWRP)
    3) Flash the Slim7 zip file
    4) Reboot
    5) Please give first boot a good few minutes

Additional Notes
    • I recommend using e2fs file system type. You will notice speed and performance gains.
    • First boot will be slow. Be patient.

Current Bugs/Issues
    • Native flashlight/torch does not work.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Official][Beta] Slim7 Weeklies for Moto X Pure (clark), ROM for the Moto X Style (Pure)

Contributors
    thompatry, gmillz
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: SlimRoms

Version Information

Created 2017-02-25
    Last Updated 2017-02-24
    Latest build Developer options just goes to black screen....

This is fixed in the next build.
    On the latest 0.21 build everything seems great. Except the gestures and developer options don't work.
    Edit:I guess gestures aren't working that's why I'm getting such awesome battery life :)

I am currently working on gestures as we speak. :)
    Video recording for Google cam 4.* and other common cam apps working or no?

Video recording does work.

Can anyone explain : "I recommend using e2fs file system type" please :)

Here is a good reference guide. Now granted, I did not do my sdcard partitions.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xp...rial-migrate-filesystem-to-f2fs-ext4-t3004755
    Some exciting news for the new build coming out tomorrow. Gestures are now included and proximity sensor wake has been added (wont wake in your pocket or similar).
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone