Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
qtDlAth.png

team bliss is pleased to present to you
bliss rom based on Android 10

Our focus is to bring the Open Source community a quality OS that can run on all your devices as a daily driver, syncing your apps + settings + customizations across all platforms you run Bliss on.
Bliss ROMs comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community as well as unique options developed by our team. With so many options available, you’ll find it hard not to enjoy the Blissful experience.

AIO Thread

A7JONTD.png

Bliss Source
https://github.com/BlissRoms

BlissRoms Device Sources
https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices

M8leihh.png

Bliss Device Downloads
SourceForge

YlIC2kZ.png

As of Now OpenGapps ARM64 10.0 is Suggested for the Nexus 5x (Bullhead) and is found below
OpenGapps Project

Cz6L1rZ.png

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of installing
Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom. Please make sure you download the correct version of Bliss for your specific device. The links are labeled clearly.
  • Make sure you are rooted
  • Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
  • Download the latest Bliss Rom & the latest GApps package
  • Boot into recovery
  • Backup your current ROM
  • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
  • Flash Bliss Rom
  • Flash Google Apps package
  • Flash Root of your choice(Unless OP states otherwise)
  • First boot may take up to 10 minutes. This is due to Gapps and root optimization.

aWICthQ.png

[*] None

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you and our team quite some time.
Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.

myCEQmI.png
@Jackeagle @electrikjesus @rwaterspf1 @Makaveli_da_dev @ElfinJNoty @BitOBSessiOn @customworx
@nilac @sixohtew @aclegg2011 @Roger.T @T.M.Wrath @kanttii @rev3nt3ch @techfreak243 @SuperDroidBond @USA_RedDragon @bcrichster
@deadmanxXD @krittin98 @BlackScorpion @techexhibeo @droidbot @siphonay @pacer456 @nitin1438 @theGeekyLad @kunalshah912 @regalstreak @lordarcadius

@ideaman924 @ideaman924[/B]

Huge thanks to @lakshay and @flipflop for allowing us to use their device tree and kernel!

A huge thanks to Chainfire, CM/LineageOS, Android-x86, Jide, @farmerbb & all the other developers who work hard to keep all the great features coming!
We really appreciate all your knowledge & hard work!

Team Bliss aims to develop and maintain various OS & software projects for educational and the Android community building purposes. Team membership consist of and provides:
training, development opportunities, design opportunities, build servers, download servers, design & development software,as well as professionals and mentors in all fields revolving around Android development.​
If someone wants to donate, please do so via this PayPal link:
yMdcL5e.png

PayPal Link
WE ARE A U.S. FEDERAL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION (501c3)
2rw5ves.png

We receive a small donation each time you make a purchase with “Amazon Smile”:
https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-3580195

Notice

The OP and most recent discussions will generally help to answer any questions you will encounter. If not, we will do our best to answer your questions & concerns as soon as possible.
We will also simply direct you to the OP if the answer is contained there. We encourage community minded interactions: users helping fellow users allows Team Bliss to focus on the work involved to make things Blissful.
Please do not ask for ETA's
We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread. Moderators, feel free to enforce anything you feel is necessary to stop bad posts

Team Bliss will allow some minor off-topic comments in our development threads. Please post in the general forums for off-topic comments and/or questions. Overall, please keep comments relevant to development, as this better helps you and our teamwhen trying to determine problems that users are having. We appreciate all levels of knowledge in our threads, and therefore we ask that the seasoned members be helpful to those with less knowledge. Most importantly, do NOT troll those with less knowledge than yourself.
Should you feel inclined to not abide by our request, the XDA Moderators may be called in to remove posts. We thank you for adhering to our thread rules.​

wwdX3pH.png

Website
https://blissroms.com

Official Platform Links
https://www.facebook.comBlissFamilyOfROMs
https://twitter.com/Bliss_ROMs
https://www.instagram.com/blissroms

Thank you for using Bliss! And as always: #StayBlissful

XDA:DevDB Information
BlissRoms, ROM for the LG Nexus 5X

Contributors
jackeagle, ideaman924
Source Code: https://github.com/BlissRoms

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Pie

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 12.7
Stable Release Date: 2020-06-10

Created 2019-11-06
Last Updated 2020-06-28

chopoLet

Jan 20, 2017
Flashed the rom today and it's awesome. Not too much lag or sluggish/stutter. Thank you dev for maintaining this great rom. Also.. can anyone port the stock gcam on stock os 8.1? It crashes on android 10 and I really need that picture quality. Thanks in advance:good:

jeremywh7

Sep 16, 2013
Indy
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto X4
Funny, I decided last night I was going to install the new NexusROM today, and copied everything off, to discover Bliss Q this morning! However, I updated the Android platform-tools, wiped everything, and formatted Data; but after the ROM sideload TWRP says "No OS installed!" ? Fwiw, I had been on the Bliss Pie 20190920 build for a while, and had no issues. Thanks though for the work on Q!

EDIT: Ok, wiped/formatted again, used `adb push` this time for BlissQ and open_gapps-arm64-10.0-stock-20191105-BETA, then installed from TWRP...and booting up now. Is `adb sideload` on bullhead via TWRP a known issue with A10? Nice boot animation! ;)
EDIT2: I can't get past the "Copy apps and data" part of setup, even if I try to skip it., getting this crash: "Google Play services keeps stopping" and it cycles from "Just a sec" to Checking Info" to "Checking for Updates" b/t each crash. Tried rebooting; no more Play Services crash did just cycles b/t "Just a sec" and "Checking for Updates" then eventually goes back to the "Copy apps and data" page (incl still with the "Don't Copy" option). Then it random rebooted and got stuck on the boot animation until I forced it off and back on. :-|
EDIT3: Flashed open_gapps-arm64-10.0-stock-20191006-BETA and after backing up to the setup start, the "Copy apps and data" wizard eventually says, "Couldn't sign in: There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later." So I'll wait until I'm on a non-guest network.
EDIT4: After messing with it more, with more random and intentional reboots, it finally got thru setup. Still can't add a Google acct though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jie-Guo
G

GuestK00387

Same here, system locks up after trying to restore apps/data and have to hard reboot out. Will try with the latest gapps beta in a bit as I was using the 20191006 rather than 20191105 packages.

Edit: did a full wipe and formatted data reflashed with opengapps 10 beta mini package build date 20191105. Booted up and is currently restoring from Google backup.

Last edited:

Ritwyk

Jan 4, 2013
Got it working.
Since this is a new ROM, you'll need to format DATA in TWRP in addition to the instructions in the OP. I also used the nano package from OpenGApps.

jackeagle

Sr. Mod + Mod / Dev Committee / Rec. Dev / Dev Rel
Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Funny, I decided last night I was going to install the new NexusROM today, and copied everything off, to discover Bliss Q this morning! However, I updated the Android platform-tools, wiped everything, and formatted Data; but after the ROM sideload TWRP says "No OS installed!" ? Fwiw, I had been on the Bliss Pie 20190920 build for a while, and had no issues. Thanks though for the work on Q!

EDIT: Ok, wiped/formatted again, used `adb push` this time for BlissQ and open_gapps-arm64-10.0-stock-20191105-BETA, then installed from TWRP...and booting up now. Is `adb sideload` on bullhead via TWRP a known issue with A10? Nice boot animation! ;)
EDIT2: I can't get past the "Copy apps and data" part of setup, even if I try to skip it., getting this crash: "Google Play services keeps stopping" and it cycles from "Just a sec" to Checking Info" to "Checking for Updates" b/t each crash. Tried rebooting; no more Play Services crash did just cycles b/t "Just a sec" and "Checking for Updates" then eventually goes back to the "Copy apps and data" page (incl still with the "Don't Copy" option). Then it random rebooted and got stuck on the boot animation until I forced it off and back on. :-|
EDIT3: Flashed open_gapps-arm64-10.0-stock-20191006-BETA and after backing up to the setup start, the "Copy apps and data" wizard eventually says, "Couldn't sign in: There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later." So I'll wait until I'm on a non-guest network.
EDIT4: After messing with it more, with more random and intentional reboots, it finally got thru setup. Still can't add a Google acct though.

Thank you for kind words and glad you liked it! :)
Since this is new Rom you have to wipe Data partition during flash. Probably that is why you are facing that issue :)
Also Gapps OpenGapps some variants have issues so you can flash Bitgapps which works flawlessly i will link that thread here
https://xdaforums.com/android/software/arm64-bitgapps-q-10-0-0-t3968500
Let me know if u face any issues :)

Enjoy!
#StayBlissful

jeremywh7

Sep 16, 2013
Indy
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto X4
Since this is a new ROM, you'll need to format DATA in TWRP in addition to the instructions in the OP. I also used the nano package from OpenGApps.
Since this is new Rom you have to wipe Data partition during flash. Probably that is why you are facing that issue :)
As stated, I had "wiped everything, and formatted Data" which included wiping Data and then also formatting it. ;)

I was able to get the Google Setup to work fine after cleaning installing with the Stock 20191006 OpenGapps, but by this time I was testing NexusROM. When I tried that version on BlissQ, I just did a dirty flash since I hadn't been able to get thru the setup at that point. I suspect a clean flash would also work fine for it. I'm sure I'll be back on Bliss soon for more testing though... :)

jackeagle

Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
As stated, I had "wiped everything, and formatted Data" which included wiping Data and then also formatting it. ;)

I was able to get the Google Setup to work fine after cleaning installing with the Stock 20191006 OpenGapps, but by this time I was testing NexusROM. When I tried that version on BlissQ, I just did a dirty flash since I hadn't been able to get thru the setup at that point. I suspect a clean flash would also work fine for it. I'm sure I'll be back on Bliss soon for more testing though... :)

Oh cool cool then ya it will work fine with clean flash :)
Sure! Happy flashing :D

Reactions: Nzivv

TRIPLEFIRST

Aug 12, 2013
It's the best android10 rom from now on.
Sometimes pattern lock setting crashes. So I have to delete locksettings.db to unlock. And chrome has blank page(It can be caused by yesterday update of chrome...).
How can I repair that kind of problems?

Reactions: *ReZa*

horaz

Jan 8, 2006
Great work, all look good.

Only chrome is always freezing or crashing
20191006 OpenGapps

Is there a solution for Chrome?

DKirk

Sep 22, 2010
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Google FI Users?

Anybody running Google FI on this ROM and having success with WiFi dialing or being able to force a change from T-Mobile to Sprint? I installed latest OpenGapps beta and latest BlissROM, wiped and loaded and LOVE what I'm seeing so far. However, I am unable place calls on WiFi dialing with a solid WiFi connection and no cell tower access. Using the new "Messaging" app I have been able to send text messages but not receive any back.

Which Gapps are showing the best results?

jackeagle

Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Last edited:

TRIPLEFIRST

Aug 12, 2013
BlissRoms v12.1 is UP now!!
Download : Bliss-v12.1-bullhead-OFFICIAL-20191112.zip
Mirror [SF] : Bliss-v12.1-bullhead-OFFICIAL-20191112.zip
Changelog : Bliss-v12.1

- Issues Fixed

• Chrome loading issue fixed
  • Pattern Lock FC's fixed
  • Merged with Android 10 Nov Release

Thank you guys for using BlissRoms on your device :)

Also Huge credits goes to @lakshay18 for continuously working on bullhead :)

#StayBlissful

THX. God Bliss you!
Chrome works perfectly. But pattern lock and password lock still crash sometimes. Does my device have some problems?

erfan khan

Jul 7, 2017

- Issues Fixed

#StayBlissful
incoming call in earphone doesn't work. also voice not coming through earphone during voice call

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qtDlAth.png

team bliss is pleased to present to you
    bliss rom based on Android 10

Our focus is to bring the Open Source community a quality OS that can run on all your devices as a daily driver, syncing your apps + settings + customizations across all platforms you run Bliss on.
    Bliss ROMs comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community as well as unique options developed by our team. With so many options available, you’ll find it hard not to enjoy the Blissful experience.

AIO Thread

A7JONTD.png

Bliss Source
    https://github.com/BlissRoms

BlissRoms Device Sources
    https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices

M8leihh.png

Bliss Device Downloads
    SourceForge

YlIC2kZ.png

As of Now OpenGapps ARM64 10.0 is Suggested for the Nexus 5x (Bullhead) and is found below
    OpenGapps Project

Cz6L1rZ.png

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of installing
    Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom. Please make sure you download the correct version of Bliss for your specific device. The links are labeled clearly.
    • Make sure you are rooted
    • Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    • Download the latest Bliss Rom & the latest GApps package
    • Boot into recovery
    • Backup your current ROM
    • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    • Flash Bliss Rom
    • Flash Google Apps package
    • Flash Root of your choice(Unless OP states otherwise)
    • First boot may take up to 10 minutes. This is due to Gapps and root optimization.

aWICthQ.png

[*] None

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you and our team quite some time.
    Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
    As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.

myCEQmI.png
    @Jackeagle @electrikjesus @rwaterspf1 @Makaveli_da_dev @ElfinJNoty @BitOBSessiOn @customworx
    @nilac @sixohtew @aclegg2011 @Roger.T @T.M.Wrath @kanttii @rev3nt3ch @techfreak243 @SuperDroidBond @USA_RedDragon @bcrichster
    @deadmanxXD @krittin98 @BlackScorpion @techexhibeo @droidbot @siphonay @pacer456 @nitin1438 @theGeekyLad @kunalshah912 @regalstreak @lordarcadius

@ideaman924 @ideaman924[/B]

Huge thanks to @lakshay and @flipflop for allowing us to use their device tree and kernel!

A huge thanks to Chainfire, CM/LineageOS, Android-x86, Jide, @farmerbb & all the other developers who work hard to keep all the great features coming!
    We really appreciate all your knowledge & hard work!

Team Bliss aims to develop and maintain various OS & software projects for educational and the Android community building purposes. Team membership consist of and provides:
    training, development opportunities, design opportunities, build servers, download servers, design & development software,as well as professionals and mentors in all fields revolving around Android development.​
    If someone wants to donate, please do so via this PayPal link:
    yMdcL5e.png

PayPal Link
    WE ARE A U.S. FEDERAL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION (501c3)
    2rw5ves.png

We receive a small donation each time you make a purchase with “Amazon Smile”:
    https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-3580195

Notice

The OP and most recent discussions will generally help to answer any questions you will encounter. If not, we will do our best to answer your questions & concerns as soon as possible.
    We will also simply direct you to the OP if the answer is contained there. We encourage community minded interactions: users helping fellow users allows Team Bliss to focus on the work involved to make things Blissful.
    Please do not ask for ETA's
    We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread. Moderators, feel free to enforce anything you feel is necessary to stop bad posts

Team Bliss will allow some minor off-topic comments in our development threads. Please post in the general forums for off-topic comments and/or questions. Overall, please keep comments relevant to development, as this better helps you and our teamwhen trying to determine problems that users are having. We appreciate all levels of knowledge in our threads, and therefore we ask that the seasoned members be helpful to those with less knowledge. Most importantly, do NOT troll those with less knowledge than yourself.
    Should you feel inclined to not abide by our request, the XDA Moderators may be called in to remove posts. We thank you for adhering to our thread rules.​

wwdX3pH.png

Website
    https://blissroms.com

Official Platform Links
    https://www.facebook.comBlissFamilyOfROMs
    https://twitter.com/Bliss_ROMs
    https://www.instagram.com/blissroms

Thank you for using Bliss! And as always: #StayBlissful

XDA:DevDB Information
    BlissRoms, ROM for the LG Nexus 5X

Contributors
    jackeagle, ideaman924
    Source Code: https://github.com/BlissRoms

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Pie

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 12.7
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-10

Created 2019-11-06
    Last Updated 2020-06-28

- Issues Fixed

#StayBlissful
    Hello everyone! Quick announcement.

Starting from today I will be maintaining bullhead (like I did on p9.0 and before :D) @jackeagle will still be here for oversight but for the most part you can yell at me if things break.

The new builds (from today onwards) will use a modified device tree from @lakshay18, and a modified kernel from @lakshay18 and @flipflop1. Huge shoutout to them for letting me use their trees. This transition also fixes a couple of bugs:
    • Lock screen BSOD (Black Screen Of Death) no longer occurs
    • Device will FC and crash less
    • Phone will use gesture navigation by default rather than relying on p9.0-and-before three-button navbar

The builds may not be available immediately, since they are still going through our automated system. Check back tomorrow morning and it should be on the downloads server (and SourceForge).

Again, huge thank you for using BlissRoms. Let me know if you all need anything!
    BlissRoms v12.4 is UP for Nexus 5x (bullhead)!
    Download: bullhead
    Snapshot Changelog:
    Code:
    [LIST]
    * Edge light improvements 
    * OOS ripple effect
    * Remove oos accent color
    * styles and wallpapers in blissify now
    * Accent font icon pack customisations moved to blissify
    * Vpn footer layout mess fixed
    * Vpn footer can be hidden now in expanded quick Settings = Found under blissify> statusbar> system icons> show security footer , disable this
    * Media artwork blur level under lockscreen improved , can now be set to 0, usable  for all album art filters
    * Lot of themepicker improvements
    * Many under the hood fixes.
    * Remove duplicate preferences in Settings  
    * Add many more fonts
    * New fonts can be used for clocks and date
    * Misc Fixes
    [URL="https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices/Changelogs/blob/q/Changelog.txt"]* Full Changelog[/URL]
    [/LIST]

If you have any bugs kindly post a log with it. (use pastebin or any similar) :)

Enjoy! :highfive: