[ROM] [OFFICIAL] BlissRoms [bullhead]

Search This thread

bgiesing

Tried the ROM, running mostly smooth so far but the navigation bar is really broken.

In the new Android 10 gestures, Back works fine but swiping up to go home or swiping and holding to open recents does literally nothing.
The 2-button Pie-style gestures don't work at all (it still shows the 3 button layout instead of back and the pill)
And like the last two replies said, recents doesn't work at all even on the 3 button layout.

EDIT: So I was able to fix it by installing a 3rd party launcher and QuickSwitch for Magisk, the Pixel Launcher included in OpenGApps is what's causing it.

1. Download and install the latest Lawnchair Q Alpha from Telegram (Lawnchair 2 from Play Store, Hyperion, and other Quickstep launchers don't work on Q yet)
2. Install Magisk
3. Install the QuickSwitch module inside Magisk Manager and Reboot
4. Open QuickSwitch and select Lawnchair as your recents provider, reboot

Everything should be working now: recents on 3 button navigation, 2 button now works at all, and all gestures (but back which was already working) on the new 10-style gestures now work.

Last edited:
Reactions: jugoslavpetrovic

JenniferA

Sep 18, 2019
Stockholm
Anyone else, maybe? How can I fix this?

What about kernels for this rom beside stock, any suggestions?

I'd suggest you stay away from this ROM until the old PIE code is removed because they are trying to implement both versions of the same thing at the same time and it's not going to work. It needs a hard reset to basics and build from there which means removal of ALL features and implement and test one at a time.

You can't use third party kernels with 10/Q roms because of the different layout of the entire system, there is nothing but an init locator in Ramdisk in 10, the actual init files are stored on disk in / (which is the system partition) in android 10.

jugoslavpetrovic

Mar 6, 2015
Belgrade
soundcloud.com
Moto X4
OnePlus 8T
Tried the ROM, running mostly smooth so far but the navigation bar is really broken.

In the new Android 10 gestures, Back works fine but swiping up to go home or swiping and holding to open recents does literally nothing.
The 2-button Pie-style gestures don't work at all (it still shows the 3 button layout instead of back and the pill)
And like the last two replies said, recents doesn't work at all even on the 3 button layout.

EDIT: So I was able to fix it by installing a 3rd party launcher and QuickSwitch for Magisk, the Pixel Launcher included in OpenGApps is what's causing it.

1. Download and install the latest Lawnchair Q Alpha from Telegram (Lawnchair 2 from Play Store, Hyperion, and other Quickstep launchers don't work on Q yet)
2. Install Magisk
3. Install the QuickSwitch module inside Magisk Manager and Reboot
4. Open QuickSwitch and select Lawnchair as your recents provider, reboot

Everything should be working now: recents on 3 button navigation, 2 button now works at all, and all gestures (but back which was already working) on the new 10-style gestures now work.

Thanks.
This helped the issue even though I use Nova Launcher, having this made it work and now I can use Nova as main launcher with this trick.
And... as for staying away from this ROM for now, Bullhead is not my daily driver device, it's just for this kind of stuff playing so no harm on that side.

1312BACA

Jan 20, 2016
Google Pixel 4a
I installed your ROM and it's working good so far beside these two points:
- GPS does not work! Sometimes it finds some satellites but never connect to one. Also tried to install the Magisk GPS module but that doesn't made it better.
- I'm not able to run a VPN app (tried Bitmask, Riseupvpn and Nordvpn) . It can't be added/installed to the system.
Will there any updates soon? Otherwise I will give the PixelExperience ROM a chance...

thelegr

Feb 29, 2012
Athens
Hello! Thank you for your work, and for this rom! It's the most stable Android10 rom ATM, imho!

I noticed some bugs:

1. After i unlock the sim using my PIN, it it asks me to enter my password to unlock the phone -as it should.
    I start typing, but, after some (specific but not counted yet) time, it stops typing.

At first, i didn't noticed and i blindly typed my password and pressed Return.
    This resulted to an alert that my pin was wrong -even though i correctly typed the pin and unlocked the sim earlier.
    I retried to type my password -even though i was then watching that no dots were printed in the password field and got the same msg.
    -note: the keyboard never closed and reopened since password screen poped up
    Then, i typed my pin and nothing happened -as if i put correctly my pin and the invisible pin screen "re-closed" (?)
    Lastly, i retyped my password (without refocusing my cursor, as i did in the very first time trying to put my password) and got the same pin msg.
    Only after refocusing my cursor (for the second time) on the password field, the phone unlocked.

To me, it seems like the pin unlock "software" isn't closing properly and it takes control of the keyboard -even though it's not visible

2. Random "crashes" -i'll explain the quotes later- that (some times) result in reboot->bootloop

This seems quite random but, i noted that happends, either on heavy load, or a long period of idling (closed screen, not even touching the mobile, but wifi/data on).
    What happens is:
    • fingerprint sensor doesn't wake/unlock the phone.
    • password gets typed on password screen but return button doesn't do anything.
    • Power button doesn't result to a power menu, neither starts Shut-down process
    • no reduced responsiveness, everything seems to work fast

The result of this is:
    • reboot
    • looped animationg screen without a (visible) reboot (like soft-reboot)
    • noting at all, untill i hard-reset the phone by pressing the power button for 10 secs

How i installed the OS:
  1. flashed 8.1.0 (OPM7.181105.004, Nov 2018) stock rom
  2. flashed TWRP 3.3.1
  3. Factory reset + data wipe/reformat
  4. Flashed BLISS ROM
  5. Flased GAPPS
  6. Rebooted
  7. Went through with installation process without any problem (except problem (1) mentioned above)

What did i tried:
  1. Reflash rom
  2. Reflash stock, and then reflash rom
  3. (2) but without installing gapps -there was much more instability when i did that
  4. (1) but without installing gapps -there was much more instability when i did that

Bonus "bug"
All animations seems like are in fast motion ( a.k.a. runing like crazy), except boot animation

If there's something you need me to upload (log, vid, etc) inform me, i'll be glad to help!
Since i'm bying a new phone soon, i'll have the luxury to help you test all sorts of stuff, so, when this happens, i'll be at your service ^_^

PS. The reason i didn't uploaded logs, is that i can't/don't-know-how-to record and export a problem that occurs randomly and results to a reboot

Last edited:

ideaman924

Apr 11, 2014
Hello everyone! Quick announcement.

Starting from today I will be maintaining bullhead (like I did on p9.0 and before :D) @jackeagle will still be here for oversight but for the most part you can yell at me if things break.

The new builds (from today onwards) will use a modified device tree from @lakshay18, and a modified kernel from @lakshay18 and @flipflop1. Huge shoutout to them for letting me use their trees. This transition also fixes a couple of bugs:
  • Lock screen BSOD (Black Screen Of Death) no longer occurs
  • Device will FC and crash less
  • Phone will use gesture navigation by default rather than relying on p9.0-and-before three-button navbar

The builds may not be available immediately, since they are still going through our automated system. Check back tomorrow morning and it should be on the downloads server (and SourceForge).

Again, huge thank you for using BlissRoms. Let me know if you all need anything!

Last edited:

ideaman924

Apr 11, 2014
A number of users have reported issues with the new build. Since the new build is using a new device tree, you may need to clean flash. If you dirty-flashed and are having problems I cannot help you.

Also, any OpenGApps package that are micro or above are incompatible. This is not just BlissRoms, this is for any ROM that does not bundle GApps. The reason is because for the gesture navigation certain system hooks are built into the launcher, and when you flash an incompatible GApps package it overwrites the launcher that was built from source, replacing it with a prebuilt that does not have these hooks. For optimal results, please use GApps packages that do not replace the system launcher (OpenGApps nano and below are recommended). Thank you!

ideaman924

Apr 11, 2014
Hello everyone! I'm posting this announcement today to let you know of a bug with OpenGApps. On recent versions of OpenGApps, there is a bug where the package installer will not be installed to the phone, causing it to bootloop and get stuck in the boot animation. I am not sure what builds this bug affects, but I've observed this issue on the nano variant, 20200116 build. To be clear, this is NOT a problem with our ROM - OpenGApps had patchy issues like these recently affecting builds on Pie and such. Therefore it is difficult for me to recommend OpenGApps anymore, given their history of flashing issues previously.

BitGApps does not have this issue, so if you have any issues with the device not booting properly, please wipe down all partitions (/system, /data, dalvik cache and /cache), install BlissRoms first, then install your preferred GApps package (again, I recommend BitGApps; I have tested their builds with mine and it works perfectly). Please do not reboot in the middle of this process.

Again, thank you for using BlissRoms!

derkleinebroicher

Oct 14, 2012
I had this problem with nano and pico packages from 20200116 and 20200124 - my phone staid in boot animation. No problems with Bitgapps.
BTW to activate the setup wizard in Bitgapps, there is a configs.txt file, which has to be put in the root directory of your storage. Without this file no setup wizard, which is fine for me.

ideaman924

Apr 11, 2014
I had this problem with nano and pico packages from 20200116 and 20200124 - my phone staid in boot animation. No problems with Bitgapps.
BTW to activate the setup wizard in Bitgapps, there is a configs.txt file, which has to be put in the root directory of your storage. Without this file no setup wizard, which is fine for me.

Thank you for confirming the range of builds that won't work :D I didn't know that BitGApps had a configs.txt file so of course no setupwizard, haha. In the future we're looking for more options on GApps and how it integrates to our ROMs.

derkleinebroicher

Oct 14, 2012
Unfortunately GPS does not seem to work. Without GPS, I can't use apps like Naviki or Komoot, so this Rom can't be a daily driver for me :(

jugoslavpetrovic

Mar 6, 2015
Belgrade
soundcloud.com
Moto X4
OnePlus 8T
Where I can find downloaded zip via Bliss Updater ?

Edit:
I have found it :)
It's in /data/bliss_updates/

---------- Post added 28th January 2020 at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was 27th January 2020 at 11:44 PM ----------

Can you share the config.txt I can't get to find it in zip file

Last edited:

derkleinebroicher

Oct 14, 2012
Where I can find downloaded zip via Bliss Updater ?

Edit:
I have found it :)
It's in /data/bliss_updates/

---------- Post added 28th January 2020 at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was 27th January 2020 at 11:44 PM ----------

Can you share the config.txt I can't get to find it in zip file
It's a separate file, not in zip file. You can also get it from their official site.

Attachments

• bitgapps-config.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 13

ideaman924

Apr 11, 2014
Unfortunately GPS does not seem to work. Without GPS, I can't use apps like Naviki or Komoot, so this Rom can't be a daily driver for me :(

Can you tell me how it does not work? Will it not get a lock on your location? Or will it get an incorrect location as a lock? Are there any error messages? Have you tried capturing a logcat?

derkleinebroicher

Oct 14, 2012
Can you tell me how it does not work? Will it not get a lock on your location? Or will it get an incorrect location as a lock? Are there any error messages? Have you tried capturing a logcat?
I couldn't get a GPS fix and with Naviki no correct location. As GPS is really important to me, I'm back on pie for now. No log at, sorry.
I tried a GPS tool as well to update the A GPS data, didn't help either.
if important, I live in Germany.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qtDlAth.png

team bliss is pleased to present to you
    bliss rom based on Android 10

Our focus is to bring the Open Source community a quality OS that can run on all your devices as a daily driver, syncing your apps + settings + customizations across all platforms you run Bliss on.
    Bliss ROMs comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community as well as unique options developed by our team. With so many options available, you’ll find it hard not to enjoy the Blissful experience.

AIO Thread

A7JONTD.png

Bliss Source
    https://github.com/BlissRoms

BlissRoms Device Sources
    https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices

M8leihh.png

Bliss Device Downloads
    SourceForge

YlIC2kZ.png

As of Now OpenGapps ARM64 10.0 is Suggested for the Nexus 5x (Bullhead) and is found below
    OpenGapps Project

Cz6L1rZ.png

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of installing
    Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom. Please make sure you download the correct version of Bliss for your specific device. The links are labeled clearly.
    • Make sure you are rooted
    • Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    • Download the latest Bliss Rom & the latest GApps package
    • Boot into recovery
    • Backup your current ROM
    • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    • Flash Bliss Rom
    • Flash Google Apps package
    • Flash Root of your choice(Unless OP states otherwise)
    • First boot may take up to 10 minutes. This is due to Gapps and root optimization.

aWICthQ.png

[*] None

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you and our team quite some time.
    Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
    As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.

myCEQmI.png
    @Jackeagle @electrikjesus @rwaterspf1 @Makaveli_da_dev @ElfinJNoty @BitOBSessiOn @customworx
    @nilac @sixohtew @aclegg2011 @Roger.T @T.M.Wrath @kanttii @rev3nt3ch @techfreak243 @SuperDroidBond @USA_RedDragon @bcrichster
    @deadmanxXD @krittin98 @BlackScorpion @techexhibeo @droidbot @siphonay @pacer456 @nitin1438 @theGeekyLad @kunalshah912 @regalstreak @lordarcadius

@ideaman924 @ideaman924[/B]

Huge thanks to @lakshay and @flipflop for allowing us to use their device tree and kernel!

A huge thanks to Chainfire, CM/LineageOS, Android-x86, Jide, @farmerbb & all the other developers who work hard to keep all the great features coming!
    We really appreciate all your knowledge & hard work!

Team Bliss aims to develop and maintain various OS & software projects for educational and the Android community building purposes. Team membership consist of and provides:
    training, development opportunities, design opportunities, build servers, download servers, design & development software,as well as professionals and mentors in all fields revolving around Android development.​
    If someone wants to donate, please do so via this PayPal link:
    yMdcL5e.png

PayPal Link
    WE ARE A U.S. FEDERAL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION (501c3)
    2rw5ves.png

We receive a small donation each time you make a purchase with “Amazon Smile”:
    https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-3580195

Notice

The OP and most recent discussions will generally help to answer any questions you will encounter. If not, we will do our best to answer your questions & concerns as soon as possible.
    We will also simply direct you to the OP if the answer is contained there. We encourage community minded interactions: users helping fellow users allows Team Bliss to focus on the work involved to make things Blissful.
    Please do not ask for ETA's
    We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread. Moderators, feel free to enforce anything you feel is necessary to stop bad posts

Team Bliss will allow some minor off-topic comments in our development threads. Please post in the general forums for off-topic comments and/or questions. Overall, please keep comments relevant to development, as this better helps you and our teamwhen trying to determine problems that users are having. We appreciate all levels of knowledge in our threads, and therefore we ask that the seasoned members be helpful to those with less knowledge. Most importantly, do NOT troll those with less knowledge than yourself.
    Should you feel inclined to not abide by our request, the XDA Moderators may be called in to remove posts. We thank you for adhering to our thread rules.​

wwdX3pH.png

Website
    https://blissroms.com

Official Platform Links
    https://www.facebook.comBlissFamilyOfROMs
    https://twitter.com/Bliss_ROMs
    https://www.instagram.com/blissroms

Thank you for using Bliss! And as always: #StayBlissful

XDA:DevDB Information
    BlissRoms, ROM for the LG Nexus 5X

Contributors
    jackeagle, ideaman924
    Source Code: https://github.com/BlissRoms

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Pie

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 12.7
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-10

Created 2019-11-06
    Last Updated 2020-06-28
    BlissRoms v12.1 is UP now!!
    Download : Bliss-v12.1-bullhead-OFFICIAL-20191112.zip
    Mirror [SF] : Bliss-v12.1-bullhead-OFFICIAL-20191112.zip
    Changelog : Bliss-v12.1

- Issues Fixed

• Chrome loading issue fixed
    • Pattern Lock FC's fixed
    • Merged with Android 10 Nov Release

Thank you guys for using BlissRoms on your device :)

Also Huge credits goes to @lakshay18 for continuously working on bullhead :)

#StayBlissful
    Hello everyone! Quick announcement.

Starting from today I will be maintaining bullhead (like I did on p9.0 and before :D) @jackeagle will still be here for oversight but for the most part you can yell at me if things break.

The new builds (from today onwards) will use a modified device tree from @lakshay18, and a modified kernel from @lakshay18 and @flipflop1. Huge shoutout to them for letting me use their trees. This transition also fixes a couple of bugs:
    • Lock screen BSOD (Black Screen Of Death) no longer occurs
    • Device will FC and crash less
    • Phone will use gesture navigation by default rather than relying on p9.0-and-before three-button navbar

The builds may not be available immediately, since they are still going through our automated system. Check back tomorrow morning and it should be on the downloads server (and SourceForge).

Again, huge thank you for using BlissRoms. Let me know if you all need anything!
    BlissRoms v12.4 is UP for Nexus 5x (bullhead)!
    Download: bullhead
    Snapshot Changelog:
    Code:
    [LIST]
    * Edge light improvements 
    * OOS ripple effect
    * Remove oos accent color
    * styles and wallpapers in blissify now
    * Accent font icon pack customisations moved to blissify
    * Vpn footer layout mess fixed
    * Vpn footer can be hidden now in expanded quick Settings = Found under blissify> statusbar> system icons> show security footer , disable this
    * Media artwork blur level under lockscreen improved , can now be set to 0, usable  for all album art filters
    * Lot of themepicker improvements
    * Many under the hood fixes.
    * Remove duplicate preferences in Settings  
    * Add many more fonts
    * New fonts can be used for clocks and date
    * Misc Fixes
    [URL="https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices/Changelogs/blob/q/Changelog.txt"]* Full Changelog[/URL]
    [/LIST]

If you have any bugs kindly post a log with it. (use pastebin or any similar) :)

Enjoy! :highfive: