Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ideaman924

Apr 11, 2014
qtDlAth.png

team bliss is pleased to present to you
bliss rom based on Android 10

Our focus is to bring the Open Source community a quality OS that can run on all your devices as a daily driver, syncing your apps + settings + customizations across all platforms you run Bliss on.
Bliss ROMs comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community as well as unique options developed by our team. With so many options available, you’ll find it hard not to enjoy the Blissful experience.

AIO Thread

A7JONTD.png

Bliss Source
https://github.com/BlissRoms

BlissRoms Device Sources
https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices

M8leihh.png

Bliss Device Downloads
S8 (Exynos, dreamlte) - SourceForge
S8+ (Exynos, dream2lte) - SourceForge

YlIC2kZ.png

We recommend flashing OpenGApps ARM64 10.0 with our ROM if you need GApps. You can get it here:
OpenGapps Project

Cz6L1rZ.png

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of installing
Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom. Please make sure you download the correct version of Bliss for your specific device. The links are labeled clearly.
  • Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
  • Download the latest Bliss Rom & the latest GApps package
  • Boot into recovery
  • Backup your current ROM (and EFS partition)
  • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
  • Flash Bliss Rom
  • Flash Google Apps package
  • Flash Root of your choice(Unless OP states otherwise)
  • First boot may take up to 10 minutes. This is due to Gapps and root optimization.

aWICthQ.png

• Same as @Stricted's LineageOS project:
  • Permissive SELinux
  • Screen cast not working

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you and our team quite some time.
Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.

myCEQmI.png
@Jackeagle @electrikjesus @rwaterspf1 @Makaveli_da_dev @ElfinJNoty @BitOBSessiOn @customworx
@nilac @sixohtew @aclegg2011 @Roger.T @T.M.Wrath @kanttii @rev3nt3ch @techfreak243 @SuperDroidBond @USA_RedDragon @bcrichster
@deadmanxXD @krittin98 @BlackScorpion @techexhibeo @droidbot @siphonay @pacer456 @nitin1438 @theGeekyLad @kunalshah912 @regalstreak @lordarcadius
@ideaman924 @ideaman924[/B]

Huge thanks to @Stricted for allowing me to use his device tree and kernel! Go check out his source here: https://github.com/exynos8895

A huge thanks to Chainfire, CM/LineageOS, Android-x86, Jide, @farmerbb & all the other developers who work hard to keep all the great features coming!
We really appreciate all your knowledge & hard work!

Team Bliss aims to develop and maintain various OS & software projects for educational and the Android community building purposes. Team membership consist of and provides:
training, development opportunities, design opportunities, build servers, download servers, design & development software,as well as professionals and mentors in all fields revolving around Android development.​
If someone wants to donate, please do so via this PayPal link:
yMdcL5e.png

PayPal Link
WE ARE A U.S. FEDERAL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION (501c3)
2rw5ves.png

We receive a small donation each time you make a purchase with “Amazon Smile”:
https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-3580195

Notice

The OP and most recent discussions will generally help to answer any questions you will encounter. If not, we will do our best to answer your questions & concerns as soon as possible.
We will also simply direct you to the OP if the answer is contained there. We encourage community minded interactions: users helping fellow users allows Team Bliss to focus on the work involved to make things Blissful.
Please do not ask for ETA's
We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread. Moderators, feel free to enforce anything you feel is necessary to stop bad posts

Team Bliss will allow some minor off-topic comments in our development threads. Please post in the general forums for off-topic comments and/or questions. Overall, please keep comments relevant to development, as this better helps you and our teamwhen trying to determine problems that users are having. We appreciate all levels of knowledge in our threads, and therefore we ask that the seasoned members be helpful to those with less knowledge. Most importantly, do NOT troll those with less knowledge than yourself.
Should you feel inclined to not abide by our request, the XDA Moderators may be called in to remove posts. We thank you for adhering to our thread rules.​

wwdX3pH.png

Website
https://blissroms.com

Official Platform Links
https://www.facebook.comBlissFamilyOfROMs
https://twitter.com/Bliss_ROMs
https://www.instagram.com/blissroms

Thank you for using Bliss! And as always: #StayBlissful

XDA:DevDB Information
BlissRoms, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
ideaman924
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 12.10
Stable Release Date: 2020-08-04

Created 2020-06-18
Last Updated 2020-08-09

Last edited:

ideaman924

Apr 11, 2014
Reserved

FAQ

Q: Can I flash S8+ builds on S8 (or vice versa)?

No! Can't believe I have to make a FAQ entry for this. So many PMs asking. Obviously you can't flash an S8+ build on an S8 or vice versa!

Same goes for Note 8 - no, you just can't flash S8/S8+ builds on your Note 8 and expect it to work.

If you have done so then your device will probably be softbricked (or worse, I've never done it). Use Odin to restore to stock and try again, or alternatively flash a correct build for your device.

Q: The statusbar icons are cut off! Why?

If you haven't updated yet, please do so now. Latest versions have the fix for this.

If you are on an older version, or if you have updated and the changes are not sticking, then go to the Settings app, Blissify, More, Rounded corners, and then set "Statusbar extra padding" to 24 dp.

Again, these steps are unnecessary if you clean flash the latest version as I have fixed it there.

Q: I don't see the uploaded build yet. What's going on?

It takes some time for uploaded artifacts to sync across to all servers. During that time you may see no file uploaded or potentially get an incomplete download. We always recommend flashing with the MD5 file so that TWRP can make sure the build is not damaged before you flash it.

Q: Where are the Note 8 downloads?

I don't have a Note 8. As for the S8, those were uploaded with the help of test volunteers. Note 8 builds may be possible in the future but for now there are none.

And that's it! If I have forgotten anything post here or send me an email. Thanks!

Last edited:

DKT25

Jan 7, 2013
Hey. Thank you for the ROM. Will download today :)

Does your ROM support ota ?

Lukakuu

Mar 10, 2020
Hi. I am going to test the rom, I am intrigued, a question the internal audio when recording screen is impossible? what happens to the gcam? works?

DKT25

Jan 7, 2013
Hi. Very awesome rom. Been testing and playing around with it and I am in love. Very nice job whoever put time and work to make this rom for our s8plus. It's very smooth and battery friendly!!

However, I would like to point out a few things that I am experiencing.

1) There are some weird blue colours on google now and Spotify. See screenshots.
2) Aod doesn't work when I set the settings to show always. Well, it doesn't show always so I assume it's a bug or smth.
3) Theming. When I change theme background from default to another, Google keyboard doesn't change to white when white theme is on. I use global day theme during day and night during night. It's not a big deal, but if it's possible to somehow fix that, that would be great.

So far that's the only little issues I experienced. Other than that, it's super awesome rom. Thx again guys !!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200619-184849_Pixel_Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20200619-184849_Pixel_Launcher.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 477
  • Screenshot_20200619-184900_Spotify.jpg
    Screenshot_20200619-184900_Spotify.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 482

DKT25

Jan 7, 2013
Forgot to mention one other small, non essential little thing hehe.

Is it possible to make that weather widget a bit more visible ? Like more whiteish ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200619-185919_Samsung_Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200619-185919_Samsung_Internet.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 347

ideaman924

Apr 11, 2014

Yup, OTA support is there! Backuptool works so you don't have to flash GApps after dirty flashing, either.

Hi, I can't download even if I have a more exynos s8 +

What do you mean? The download and flash should work as long as your S8+ has an Exynos chipset.

Hello, can use the Rom to save photos from the camera to SD card ?

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA Labs

Should work, here, let me test.

I just tested and Google Camera apparently stores to internal by default. Not sure where the setting is to toggle to SD card. But I'm pretty sure it's possible with apps like Open Camera.

Hi. I am going to test the rom, I am intrigued, a question the internal audio when recording screen is impossible? what happens to the gcam? works?

Google Camera works, although there is a slight layout bug when switching to the video record mode. Still working on that...

I can test for dreamlte, if you need a few

Great! Read the bottom of this post please. Thank you for volunteering!

Hi. Very awesome rom. Been testing and playing around with it and I am in love. Very nice job whoever put time and work to make this rom for our s8plus. It's very smooth and battery friendly!!

1) There are some weird blue colours on google now and Spotify. See screenshots.
2) Aod doesn't work when I set the settings to show always. Well, it doesn't show always so I assume it's a bug or smth.
3) Theming. When I change theme background from default to another, Google keyboard doesn't change to white when white theme is on. I use global day theme during day and night during night. It's not a big deal, but if it's possible to somehow fix that, that would be great.

So far that's the only little issues I experienced. Other than that, it's super awesome rom. Thx again guys !!!

1. Yup we know of the blue color issue. It's a source-side bug. Some people report it so we're trying to nail it down.
2. I'll test AOD more and get back to you.
3. Also will look into this theming issue, although this one sounds more like a bug in Google Keyboard.

Is it possible to make that weather widget a bit more visible ? Like more whiteish ?

Source-side, I'll contact the team members

--------

Hello everybody! Hope you are enjoying BlissRoms. A new build will go out today with the following changes:
- Fixed rounded corners by default

If you dirty flash and you still don't have fixed rounded corners, please go to Settings, Blissify, More, Rounded corners, and then set statusbar padding to 24 dp. Thanks! For clean flash it should work out of the box.

Next build will fix the unknown maintainer bug in Settings.

The OTA is being uploaded right now so please be patient! Make sure to flash with MD5 as TWRP will detect corrupted downloads with the digest file.

I've gotten a lot of requests for a dreamlte build. I don't own an S8, but a lot of volunteers have volunteered to test, and to that I'm really grateful and would like to say thank you! I noticed that a XDA member ported an unofficial build for the dreamlte already. Despite me contacting the member via PM he (or she) hasn't responded yet. I would like to get an official build out ASAP and would love some help from everybody who owns the S8. If you do and you would like to test an official build, please PM me here on XDA or on Telegram (ID of @ideaman924) so I can invite you to this Telegram group where I will post beta builds before they go live. Then this thread will be moved back into cross-development, once we have an official build out for the S8 that has been tested by everyone.

Again, thanks for using BlissRoms! Any questions? Post them here or send me a message!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qtDlAth.png

team bliss is pleased to present to you
    bliss rom based on Android 10

Our focus is to bring the Open Source community a quality OS that can run on all your devices as a daily driver, syncing your apps + settings + customizations across all platforms you run Bliss on.
    Bliss ROMs comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community as well as unique options developed by our team. With so many options available, you’ll find it hard not to enjoy the Blissful experience.

AIO Thread

A7JONTD.png

Bliss Source
    https://github.com/BlissRoms

BlissRoms Device Sources
    https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices

M8leihh.png

Bliss Device Downloads
    S8 (Exynos, dreamlte) - SourceForge
    S8+ (Exynos, dream2lte) - SourceForge

YlIC2kZ.png

We recommend flashing OpenGApps ARM64 10.0 with our ROM if you need GApps. You can get it here:
    OpenGapps Project

Cz6L1rZ.png

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of installing
    Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom. Please make sure you download the correct version of Bliss for your specific device. The links are labeled clearly.
    • Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    • Download the latest Bliss Rom & the latest GApps package
    • Boot into recovery
    • Backup your current ROM (and EFS partition)
    • Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    • Flash Bliss Rom
    • Flash Google Apps package
    • Flash Root of your choice(Unless OP states otherwise)
    • First boot may take up to 10 minutes. This is due to Gapps and root optimization.

aWICthQ.png

• Same as @Stricted's LineageOS project:
    • Permissive SELinux
    • Screen cast not working

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you and our team quite some time.
    Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
    As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.

myCEQmI.png
    @Jackeagle @electrikjesus @rwaterspf1 @Makaveli_da_dev @ElfinJNoty @BitOBSessiOn @customworx
    @nilac @sixohtew @aclegg2011 @Roger.T @T.M.Wrath @kanttii @rev3nt3ch @techfreak243 @SuperDroidBond @USA_RedDragon @bcrichster
    @deadmanxXD @krittin98 @BlackScorpion @techexhibeo @droidbot @siphonay @pacer456 @nitin1438 @theGeekyLad @kunalshah912 @regalstreak @lordarcadius
    @ideaman924 @ideaman924[/B]

Huge thanks to @Stricted for allowing me to use his device tree and kernel! Go check out his source here: https://github.com/exynos8895

A huge thanks to Chainfire, CM/LineageOS, Android-x86, Jide, @farmerbb & all the other developers who work hard to keep all the great features coming!
    We really appreciate all your knowledge & hard work!

Team Bliss aims to develop and maintain various OS & software projects for educational and the Android community building purposes. Team membership consist of and provides:
    training, development opportunities, design opportunities, build servers, download servers, design & development software,as well as professionals and mentors in all fields revolving around Android development.​
    If someone wants to donate, please do so via this PayPal link:
    yMdcL5e.png

PayPal Link
    WE ARE A U.S. FEDERAL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION (501c3)
    2rw5ves.png

We receive a small donation each time you make a purchase with “Amazon Smile”:
    https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-3580195

Notice

The OP and most recent discussions will generally help to answer any questions you will encounter. If not, we will do our best to answer your questions & concerns as soon as possible.
    We will also simply direct you to the OP if the answer is contained there. We encourage community minded interactions: users helping fellow users allows Team Bliss to focus on the work involved to make things Blissful.
    Please do not ask for ETA's
    We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread. Moderators, feel free to enforce anything you feel is necessary to stop bad posts

Team Bliss will allow some minor off-topic comments in our development threads. Please post in the general forums for off-topic comments and/or questions. Overall, please keep comments relevant to development, as this better helps you and our teamwhen trying to determine problems that users are having. We appreciate all levels of knowledge in our threads, and therefore we ask that the seasoned members be helpful to those with less knowledge. Most importantly, do NOT troll those with less knowledge than yourself.
    Should you feel inclined to not abide by our request, the XDA Moderators may be called in to remove posts. We thank you for adhering to our thread rules.​

wwdX3pH.png

Website
    https://blissroms.com

Official Platform Links
    https://www.facebook.comBlissFamilyOfROMs
    https://twitter.com/Bliss_ROMs
    https://www.instagram.com/blissroms

Thank you for using Bliss! And as always: #StayBlissful

XDA:DevDB Information
    BlissRoms, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    ideaman924
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 12.10
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-04

Created 2020-06-18
    Last Updated 2020-08-09
    Reserved

FAQ

Q: Can I flash S8+ builds on S8 (or vice versa)?

No! Can't believe I have to make a FAQ entry for this. So many PMs asking. Obviously you can't flash an S8+ build on an S8 or vice versa!

Same goes for Note 8 - no, you just can't flash S8/S8+ builds on your Note 8 and expect it to work.

If you have done so then your device will probably be softbricked (or worse, I've never done it). Use Odin to restore to stock and try again, or alternatively flash a correct build for your device.

Q: The statusbar icons are cut off! Why?

If you haven't updated yet, please do so now. Latest versions have the fix for this.

If you are on an older version, or if you have updated and the changes are not sticking, then go to the Settings app, Blissify, More, Rounded corners, and then set "Statusbar extra padding" to 24 dp.

Again, these steps are unnecessary if you clean flash the latest version as I have fixed it there.

Q: I don't see the uploaded build yet. What's going on?

It takes some time for uploaded artifacts to sync across to all servers. During that time you may see no file uploaded or potentially get an incomplete download. We always recommend flashing with the MD5 file so that TWRP can make sure the build is not damaged before you flash it.

Q: Where are the Note 8 downloads?

I don't have a Note 8. As for the S8, those were uploaded with the help of test volunteers. Note 8 builds may be possible in the future but for now there are none.

And that's it! If I have forgotten anything post here or send me an email. Thanks!
    Hello everyone! Thanks for all the feedback. I've read all of your comments and rather than replying to everyone's comments one-by-one (which will waste time) I'll just respond to some common points here.

1. Regarding the S8 and the Note 8 - I've heard your feedback! That is why for the past week I've been working with a team of volunteers testing out a private beta build for the S8. And I'm happy to announce that yes, you can now get an official build of BlissRoms for the S8! Go download it from SourceForge and let me know of any issues!
    2. Regarding the mobile data bug in the S8+ - I haven't tested this, but I know that mobile data works flawlessly for me, including things like MMS downloads. Now I haven't been able to test mobile data extensively as I do not have a spare SIM card, but if you are running into a bug related to mobile data please submit a bug report WITH logcat. I am unable to help you without any information! It's like asking me to debug blind. Also, let me know of what carrier and band you are on.
    3. Regarding Bluetooth bugs - I paired my S8+ to my AirPods yesterday and gave it a whirl. I didn't notice any hiccups or dropouts, but I did notice the lockscreen bug, albeit inconsistently. I will look into this.
    4. Regarding random crashes of apps like Microsoft Office - this really does not seem to be a device problem. I've had similar crashes on different phones, even on stock ROMs. So if you think it's a fault with BlissRoms, please provide me a logcat.

See a common theme? I can't debug anything without proper information on what happened! If you want me to help you, submit a logcat, and be PATIENT. I've had random users message me for the last 3 weeks and suffice to say I can't respond to you all. Remember this is done in my free time. Please be patient and be respectful. Thank you!

Yup, OTA support is there! Backuptool works so you don't have to flash GApps after dirty flashing, either.

Hi, I can't download even if I have a more exynos s8 +

What do you mean? The download and flash should work as long as your S8+ has an Exynos chipset.

Hello, can use the Rom to save photos from the camera to SD card ?

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA Labs

Should work, here, let me test.

I just tested and Google Camera apparently stores to internal by default. Not sure where the setting is to toggle to SD card. But I'm pretty sure it's possible with apps like Open Camera.

Google Camera works, although there is a slight layout bug when switching to the video record mode. Still working on that...

I can test for dreamlte, if you need a few

Great! Read the bottom of this post please. Thank you for volunteering!

1. Yup we know of the blue color issue. It's a source-side bug. Some people report it so we're trying to nail it down.
    2. I'll test AOD more and get back to you.
    3. Also will look into this theming issue, although this one sounds more like a bug in Google Keyboard.

Source-side, I'll contact the team members

--------

Hello everybody! Hope you are enjoying BlissRoms. A new build will go out today with the following changes:
    - Fixed rounded corners by default

If you dirty flash and you still don't have fixed rounded corners, please go to Settings, Blissify, More, Rounded corners, and then set statusbar padding to 24 dp. Thanks! For clean flash it should work out of the box.

Next build will fix the unknown maintainer bug in Settings.

The OTA is being uploaded right now so please be patient! Make sure to flash with MD5 as TWRP will detect corrupted downloads with the digest file.

I've gotten a lot of requests for a dreamlte build. I don't own an S8, but a lot of volunteers have volunteered to test, and to that I'm really grateful and would like to say thank you! I noticed that a XDA member ported an unofficial build for the dreamlte already. Despite me contacting the member via PM he (or she) hasn't responded yet. I would like to get an official build out ASAP and would love some help from everybody who owns the S8. If you do and you would like to test an official build, please PM me here on XDA or on Telegram (ID of @ideaman924) so I can invite you to this Telegram group where I will post beta builds before they go live. Then this thread will be moved back into cross-development, once we have an official build out for the S8 that has been tested by everyone.

Again, thanks for using BlissRoms! Any questions? Post them here or send me a message!
    Hello everyone the new builds are being pushed out right now! Thanks and enjoy :D