[ROM][OFFICIAL][bramble] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
This is driving me insane. I'm following the instructions to the letter. I've tried to flash the rom several times and after I do the "format data/factor reset" step in Lineage recovery ADB becomes unauthorised and I can't proceed to flash the Lineage zip. What am I doing wrong? I never had any issues like this on my Pixel 4 XL.

I even went here and followed the steps but I'm still not having any joy.

adb works fine to flash the Lineage recovery but then becomes unauthorised after the "format data/factory reset step". I can only assume that USB debugging is getting reset to off at that stage and that is what is causing the problem. Help please.
Did you select Apply from ADB?
Screenshot_20210411_113657.png

Last edited:

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
Did you select Apply from ADB?
View attachment 5275955
Yes. And here's the thing. If I skip the "Format Data/Factory Reset" step the Lineage.zip will install fine. If I don't skip that step and Format Data/Factory Reset as listed in the instructions I lose ADB authorisation and I can't sideload the Lineage.zip. Not sure why that is but that's what is happening. :(

Edit: I dicked around a bit more and there is no way that it was going to work for me. I then looked at the XDA instructions that I used when I flashed LineageOS to my Pixel 4XL.

I noticed that those instructions said to flash to both slots. I then used the command: fastboot flash --slot all boot lineage.img to install the Lineage recovery and it was smooth sailing from then on.

Can anyone give me any idea why I had to do that and why the original instructions wouldn't work for me??

Last edited:

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
Yes. And here's the thing. If I skip the "Format Data/Factory Reset" step the Lineage.zip will install fine. If I don't skip that step and Format Data/Factory Reset as listed in the instructions I lose ADB authorisation and I can't sideload the Lineage.zip. Not sure why that is but that's what is happening. :(

Edit: I dicked around a bit more and there is no way that it was going to work for me. I then looked at the XDA instructions that I used when I flashed LineageOS to my Pixel 4XL.

I noticed that those instructions said to flash to both slots. I then used the command: fastboot flash --slot all boot lineage.img to install the Lineage recovery and it was smooth sailing from then on.

Can anyone give me any idea why I had to do that and why the original instructions wouldn't work for me??
No, that has nothing to do with it. You still probably had failed to navigate the menus. Adb sideload never requires authorization.

The sideload mode times out after a while and you have to go back and enter it again manually, that could be a reason.

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
No, that has nothing to do with it. You still probably had failed to navigate the menus. Adb sideload never requires authorization.

The sideload mode times out after a while and you have to go back and enter it again manually, that could be a reason.
Thanks. All I know is that there was no way that it was going to install until I flashed the recovery to both slots. Another mystery.

I'm familiar with rooting stock by patching the boot.img with Magisk. How do I root LineageOS? I can't see any accessible boot.img in the LineageOS.zip so I figure that there is another method that has to be used.

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
Thanks. All I know is that there was no way that it was going to install until I flashed the recovery to both slots. Another mystery.

I'm familiar with rooting stock by patching the boot.img with Magisk. How do I root LineageOS? I can't see any accessible boot.img in the LineageOS.zip so I figure that there is another method that has to be used.
Sideload magisk in recovery
(you don't need to rename the file, that's a TWRP limitation)

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
Since flashing this with some much needed help from aleasto 2 days ago it hasn't missed a beat. I'm a heavy phone user and the experience has been absolutely flawless so far. Thanks for this really solid build.

Regarding updates to new nightlies, is this a simple procedure using the updater? I'm assuming that I would lose root and have to re-root if I update. Is that correct?

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
Regarding updates to new nightlies, is this a simple procedure using the updater? I'm assuming that I would lose root and have to re-root if I update. Is that correct?
You just use Settings > System > Updater. You will be notified when an update is available.
You will lose root because for unknown reasons Magisk fails to reinstall itself (on all Android 11 pixels [Virtual A/B]). You need to sideload it in recovery again.

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
You just use Settings > System > Updater. You will be notified when an update is available.
You will lose root because for unknown reasons Magisk fails to reinstall itself (on all Android 11 pixels [Virtual A/B]). You need to sideload it in recovery again.
Update: i don't know exactly when it got fixed, but the latest Magisk can now reinstalls itself

Reactions: rspkt and Meowdib

Scholeggo

Sep 27, 2017
What is the reference for standalone ? Is it an article ?
Standalone is the use of 5G without 4G LTE fallback, of which is called Non-standalone. So far, Standalone 5G is available on T-Mobile phones, and AFAIK the Lineage dev has implemented it into the rom since I've addressed it

aaronautical

Jun 4, 2011
Has anyone been able to setup wifi calling? When I try to enable wifi calling, I eventually get an error message saying it was not able to be enabled. I am on the 4-25 build. Carrier is AT&T. I had wifi calling working on the stock rom. I suspect it may be due to some blobs from the stock rom that are not included in this build. (This is the case for the unofficial microG version.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You don’t need to patch boot.img on the latest Magisk, at least for LineageOS. All you need to do is download the .apk from the official Magisk Git, rename it to .zip, and flash it using the latest LineageOS recovery, preferably during the initial installation of the ROM.
    You don´t even have to rename it to zip. Just adb sideload the apk
    Update: i don't know exactly when it got fixed, but the latest Magisk can now reinstalls itself
    Why would you reboot to recovery if you’re already in recovery when you’re installing LineageOS? 🤔
    To switch to the other a/b slot
    I'm running stock rooted at the moment. I've read the whole thread and I'm unclear if I'm going to see issues if I flash this. There seems to be mixed messages about stability which is important for me. What is the general consensus?

Are people running this rom with no issues or crashes using the latest nightly together with the latest MindTheGapps?
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Informations :
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware beforehand.
    • To use the eSIM you need to have GApps
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot recovery.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Flash LineageOS zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Flash the addons
    • Reboot
    See https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/bramble/install for more detailed instructions​
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • On the first boot, you might be presented the message "SIM Manager has crashed". You can safely ignore it.
    Contributors
    aleasto
    The LineageOS Team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    New build out
    • Feb 2021 security patch
    • Update modem firmware from the T-Mobile factory images to enable 5G Standalone.
      Google only did this for T-Mobile images (RQ1C.210205.006), but it doesn't seem to negatively affect non T-Mobile users, thus I'm including it in the generic build (RQ1A.210205.004 based).
    New build out
    Enable Adaptive Sound, Live Captions, Now Playing, Screen Attention pixel features.
    These all work without gapps, and all process data offline.
    New build out
    March security patch
    Ok, thanks. I will give it a try soon
    But may i ask if you have plans on being an official maintainer?
    Yes, this will become official once we're ready to ship LineageOS 18
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone