[ROM][OFFICIAL][capricorn][7.1] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Record and Playback )
  • Sensors
  • GPS

Instructions: (dumbproof installation guide)
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][capricorn][7.1] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5s

Contributors
LuK1337, luca020400, bgcngm, h2o64
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-05-23
Last Updated 2018-01-20

grayk79

Jun 23, 2015
I'm sorry, if the question has been answered already, but I can't understand what's the difference between this rom and xiaobai's one. Thanks!

iHack13

Sep 6, 2009
Jerusalem
Instruction to update firmware:
On PC with adb
1) Go to Xiaomis Fastboot Update Page. http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

2) Download latest Fastboot ROM. Like latest China dev.

3) Extract the content

4) Run Terminal cd to the folder that has the firmware files, like /images for example. (cd pathToExtractedStuff/images)

5) Boot your phone to Bootloader Mode. Vol Down and Power. Until Fastboot shows up

6) run each of these commands (thx to Luk) in terminal while the folder with the firmwares is the current working folder
Code:
fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin  
fastboot flash cmnlib64 cmnlib64.mbn
fastboot flash cmnlib64bak cmnlib64.mbn
fastboot flash cmnlib cmnlib.mbn
fastboot flash cmnlibbak cmnlib.mbn
fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.mbn
fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
fastboot flash abootbak emmc_appsboot.mbn
fastboot flash hyp hyp.mbn
fastboot flash hypbak hyp.mbn
fastboot flash keymaster keymaster.mbn
fastboot flash keymasterbak keymaster.mbn
fastboot flash logo logo.img
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash pmic pmic.elf
fastboot flash pmicbak pmic.elf
fastboot flash rpm rpm.mbn
fastboot flash rpmbak rpm.mbn
fastboot flash splash splash.img
fastboot flash tz tz.mbn
fastboot flash tzbak tz.mbn
fastboot flash xbl xbl.elf

fastboot reboot
Done.

Thats how you manually update the firmware. If you act lazy :) and try to run the scripts that come with the rom, you will most likely flash the rom and even lose your data on internal storage. So don't do that.

Last edited:

jimmyss04

Dec 7, 2016
I would like to start using this ROM, but wondering if it is stable enough for daily use... ie. How is battery life? Any major issues?

Feedback from people using this ROM is much appreciated.

At the moment I'm using 14.1-20170328 built by xiaobai...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Instructions: (dumbproof installation guide)
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][capricorn][7.1] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5s

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400, bgcngm, h2o64
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-05-23
    Last Updated 2018-01-20
    Yeah yeah i know it but i have a disorder called obsessive compulsive disorder. That is even if i disable it my brain itself doesn't accept the fact that I myself disabled it. Thus i ask developers to remove this feature completely once and for all.

For a while I thought that my s​​hitposting was bad but this is a totally new level of s​hitposting, good job.
    Instruction to update firmware:
    On PC with adb
    1) Go to Xiaomis Fastboot Update Page. http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

2) Download latest Fastboot ROM. Like latest China dev.

3) Extract the content

4) Run Terminal cd to the folder that has the firmware files, like /images for example. (cd pathToExtractedStuff/images)

5) Boot your phone to Bootloader Mode. Vol Down and Power. Until Fastboot shows up

6) run each of these commands (thx to Luk) in terminal while the folder with the firmwares is the current working folder
    Code:
    fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
    fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin  
    fastboot flash cmnlib64 cmnlib64.mbn
    fastboot flash cmnlib64bak cmnlib64.mbn
    fastboot flash cmnlib cmnlib.mbn
    fastboot flash cmnlibbak cmnlib.mbn
    fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.mbn
    fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
    fastboot flash abootbak emmc_appsboot.mbn
    fastboot flash hyp hyp.mbn
    fastboot flash hypbak hyp.mbn
    fastboot flash keymaster keymaster.mbn
    fastboot flash keymasterbak keymaster.mbn
    fastboot flash logo logo.img
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot flash pmic pmic.elf
    fastboot flash pmicbak pmic.elf
    fastboot flash rpm rpm.mbn
    fastboot flash rpmbak rpm.mbn
    fastboot flash splash splash.img
    fastboot flash tz tz.mbn
    fastboot flash tzbak tz.mbn
    fastboot flash xbl xbl.elf

fastboot reboot
    Done.

Thats how you manually update the firmware. If you act lazy :) and try to run the scripts that come with the rom, you will most likely flash the rom and even lose your data on internal storage. So don't do that.
    ~cool stuff~
    Someone probably did this already but Mi A1 camera app works just fine on AOSP ROMs.
    Here you can find my initial package ~ https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=215517 [ you won't have to reflash it when flashing Lineage / ... updates as it supports addon.d ], also here's a repository with all changes I made to it: https://github.com/luk1337/MiuiCamera. As you can see I didn't really have to do much if anything to get it working on capricorn, my primary device ~ natrium would require a bit more work due to it's /stereo mode/ which doesn't really want to work at all.

((( don't forget to enable required permissions for the application, otherwise you'll end up with an app saying that it's unable to connect to the camera )))