[ROM][OFFICIAL][capricorn][8.1] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

sergiolopezsan

Aug 26, 2012
That depends on how old was the firmware you had installed with your last MIUI update. Better update firmware at this point than struggle later.

unfortunately this is not descriptive enough for me / it doesn't ring a bell:
- are you sure that you have your data partition unmounted in step 1 of my instruction?
- what does it mean "I can't CHANGE FILESYSTEM -> EXT4."? you can't click it or what?
- on the bottom right corner of TWRP there is an icon you can click to show TWRP console / log. Make a screenshot of it after your failed attempt.

How do I check this: "are you sure that you have your data partition unmounted in step 1 of my instruction?" ?
When I go to "MOUNT", data is unclicked.

I tried this "2. Format DATA using advanced wipe, i.e: WIPE -> ADVANCED WIPE -> select 'DATA' -> REPAIR OR CHANGE FILESYSTEM -> CHANGE FILESYSTEM -> EXT4", but in the command window an error message appeared related to "failed to mount data" or something like that. And I was not able to do it.

Next time, I will include a log. I don't know how to solve this problem.

PD: Does rebooting to recovery from twrp help? It's something I've read in another post.

Last edited:

sergiolopezsan

Aug 26, 2012
That depends on how old was the firmware you had installed with your last MIUI update. Better update firmware at this point than struggle later.

unfortunately this is not descriptive enough for me / it doesn't ring a bell:
- are you sure that you have your data partition unmounted in step 1 of my instruction?
- what does it mean "I can't CHANGE FILESYSTEM -> EXT4."? you can't click it or what?
- on the bottom right corner of TWRP there is an icon you can click to show TWRP console / log. Make a screenshot of it after your failed attempt.

Here you have what appears on the screen when I click on Wipe >> Format Data. What else should I do?
(Ignore the last line)

Attachments

• IMG_20190116_175343.jpg
    IMG_20190116_175343.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Cieniek

Jan 20, 2016
Strange, looks a bit like Data partition is mounted and in use, but I'm not sure.
I would try sth like going to terminal and writing
Code:
mount | grep dm-0
to make sure Data is really unmounted (there should be empty result of this command).
What else come to my mind - Do you have this phone connected to a computer while in TWRP? Perhaps your computer is using Data partition through MTP protocol - there is button in mount section to disable MTP.

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Strange, looks a bit like Data partition is mounted and in use, but I'm not sure.
I would try sth like going to terminal and writing
Code:
mount | grep md-0
to make sure Data is really unmounted (there should be empty result of this command).
What else come to my mind - Do you have this phone connected to a computer while in TWRP? Perhaps your computer is using Data partition through MTP protocol - there is button in mount section to disable MTP.

>there should be empty result of this command
Yeah, in case of `this` command the result will be always empty xD

sergiolopezsan

Aug 26, 2012
I have some questions. I have Lineage 15.1 and the latest official TWRP.

1. How do I root? Should I use the root of the Lineage official webpage or magisk? I would like to keep using apps like Pokémon Go, Netflix, banks...
2. What are the advantages of rooting? Which apps do you recommend me? eg: Adway to block ads...
3. Would it be possible to "delete/eliminate" the root afterwards?

Thanks.

sergiolopezsan

Aug 26, 2012
I have a issue. Yestarday I installed the 18-january-nightly through the previous one with the Lineage updater through TWRP.
I don't know if that matters.

The problem is that I am not receiving notifications in some apps. For example, in Telegram I have to open the app to see the notifications.
In addition, in Gmail I open the app and also do not receive new emails. I hace to refresh the box manually to see if I have new emails rather than getting them automatically. (The synchronization is activated). With Google Calendar, the same issue.
Any solution?

halcky

Jul 7, 2013
I have a issue. Yestarday I installed the 18-january-nightly through the previous one with the Lineage updater through TWRP.
I don't know if that matters.

The problem is that I am not receiving notifications in some apps. For example, in Telegram I have to open the app to see the notifications.
In addition, in Gmail I open the app and also do not receive new emails. I hace to refresh the box manually to see if I have new emails rather than getting them automatically. (The synchronization is activated). With Google Calendar, the same issue.
Any solution?

Same problem, it made me change to lineage 16.0 and everything is good now

donny02

Mar 19, 2011
Yesterday I installed LOS16, but an important app did not work on this version.

So i restored my LOS15 backup with TWRP 3.2.3. After that system did not boot normal, but alway just booted to fastboot.
I tried to restore only system and data, then tried restoring boot and efs partitions too. but always got the same result: fastboot.
Finally I did a fresh install of xiaomi rom and LOS15 and everything booted fine again.

Have I done something wrong with backup/restore, oder may the backup just have been corrupted?

BTW: I am now on 22-feb-nightly and have no problems with notifications so far.

Last edited:

maghfurcak

Nov 1, 2016
Yesterday I installed LOS16, but an important app did not work on this version.

So i restored my LOS15 backup with TWRP 3.2.3. After that system did not boot normal, but alway just booted to fastboot.
I tried to restore only system and data, then tried restoring boot and efs partitions too. but always got the same result: fastboot.
Finally I did a fresh install of xiaomi rom and LOS15 and everything booted fine again.

Have I done something wrong with backup/restore, oder may the backup just have been corrupted?

BTW: I am now on 22-feb-nightly and have no problems with notifications so far.
in order to restore, u need to flash ROM first (same ROM that u do with backup before) and then u can restore it. i do this way and everything is ok.

Reactions: donny02

g0t.milkk

Jan 21, 2016
Compiègne
Is there someplace where I can still download the last LOS 15.1 build for Capricorn ?

I'm running a build from 2019/03/16 and would like to try LOS 16, but I'd like to be able to revert to LOS15.1 if call recording isn't working.

I heard you shout : "SIMPLY DO A TWRP BACKUP !", of course I would, but in my experience, sometime it's not enought...

ProntoToronto

Jun 7, 2018
Is there someplace where I can still download the last LOS 15.1 build for Capricorn ?

I'm running a build from 2019/03/16 and would like to try LOS 16, but I'd like to be able to revert to LOS15.1 if call recording isn't working.

I heard you shout : "SIMPLY DO A TWRP BACKUP !", of course I would, but in my experience, sometime it's not enought...

Thats what i found: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=234416&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][capricorn][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5s

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400, bgcngm, h2o64
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2017-09-03
    Last Updated 2018-07-10
    Just asking 55, seeing red is most annoying feeling ever for me.

How annoying is this for you?
    l8aKlSv.png
    [ news ]
    We recently started working on rebasing on scorpio-o-oss as it was just released by Xiaomi. Before pushing it to main branch I want to see the feedback from you all.

What you should expect:
    * Less USB-OTG issues ( my natrium has working USB 3.0 for the first time ever teehee〜 )
    * Updated touchscreen firmware and drivers ( You will probably have to reboot after booting the kernel for the first time if you want dt2w and swap keys )
    * vidc/venc/audio issues gone ( hopefully; I hate this thing )
    * [ Insert cool thing here ]

Download:
    * 04e09fc ー https://kremowka.xyz/files/2d150b14d799c71ac8f666bbe5a456a3c70dfe38.img ( use fastboot flash boot 2d150b14d799c71ac8f666bbe5a456a3c70dfe38.img to flash it )
    * 6579073 ー https://kremowka.xyz/files/ccda2dd8bb90943208c56929577e42f0ef257c92.img ( use fastboot flash boot ccda2dd8bb90943208c56929577e42f0ef257c92.img to flash it )
    * c7e9c83 ー https://kremowka.xyz/files/4e5e3e57d677829ee5969bd6cbe4f4cebd241684.img ( use fastboot flash boot 4e5e3e57d677829ee5969bd6cbe4f4cebd241684.img to flash it )
    * 5ca381a ー https://kremowka.xyz/files/af5a7a5ebf9a93e7ed6be787f25764a29b0da1a7.img ( use fastboot flash boot af5a7a5ebf9a93e7ed6be787f25764a29b0da1a7.img to flash it )

NOTE: Downloads list may be updated in future.
    Released some r30 based bulds today. Don't expect anything other than newer security patch date. Also it took me like 8 hours to compile & upload builds for everything I tend to maintain so don't expect new builds anytime soon lol.
    Is it possible to disable fast charging with this ROM? I know some Samsung devices have the option. Is there a way to add it?
    Thank you

Buy a worse charger.