Development [ROM][OFFICIAL] CatalystOS [Android 13][munch][30/10/22]

Search This thread

Umang96

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi
catalyst_banner_new.jpg

* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you. * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device. * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby

ABOUT
CatalystOS is focused on performance, smoothness and stability with only necessary customisation. We bring some never seen before features to the custom rom community like schedule reboot and per-app landscape refresh rate, schedule airplane mode for standby battery saving. OTA updates are also supported. We usually send updates every weekend. This rom is co-developed by @Umang96 and @LordShenron .

SOME FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
  • Force app refresh rate - force any app on min/max/dynamic refresh rate to have better control
  • Force app landscape refresh rate - force any app to run on min refresh rate when in landscape
  • Schedule reboot - reboot your phone automatically at specific time
  • Schedule airplane mode - set automatic airplane mode on/off time to save battery
  • Better (smaller) privacy indicators, charging indicator, cpu info overlay tile
  • DT2W, DT2S on homescreen/lockscreen/statusbar
  • Rom and kernel + dt side performance improvements
WHAT WORKS?
  • Almost everything
WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
INSTRUCTIONS TO FLASH -
  1. Have unlocked bootloader
  2. adb reboot fastboot
  3. fastboot flash boot boot.img
  4. fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
  5. reboot to recovery now
  6. wipe data because you are changing rom
  7. select adb sideload
  8. adb sideload CatalystOS_xxxxxxx.zip
DOWNLOADS -
CatalystOS Website

GPL COMPLIANCE -
ROM Source: https://github.com/catalyst-android
Kernel Source: https://github.com/catalyst-android/kernel_xiaomi_sm8250

Telegram:
CatalystOS Official
POCO F4 Discussion

Credits:
madmax7896 for his work on device trees
UtsavBalar1231 for his work on sm8250 kernel
ArrowOS, LineageOS, SuperiorOS for their work on aosp

Attachments

• screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 634
  • screen5.jpg
    screen5.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 653
  • screen4.jpg
    screen4.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 710
  • screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 704
Last edited:

mxeus

Sep 17, 2022
Excuse me, NFC, infrared, double click to light up the screen, raise your hand to light up the screen, and unlock your face. Are these normal

0x1329029

Jul 3, 2021
Good ROM!

Does it possible to build CatalystOS for my poco f4 in my own? will be really appreciated if it already have a guidance page or doc!

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
Poland
I had few issues during installing ROM because OrangeFox was replaced with default LoS recovery, but after few attempts it worked.

ROM seems to work smoothly. Fast charging looks working (I've over 8A now), GPS finds me fast. I managed to install succesfully Magisk or Viper4Android without any problems (I am surprised, it works even without Legace mode with my custom kernels and presets).

However, I miss few features and I hope they will be added someday.
- customization of AOD screen, I'm not saying they should be as advanced as on MIUI, but now... there is nothing except enable/disable via status bar and... hours for auto-disable AOD. I like always on display, but during night It's unecessary.
- swipe status bar to change brightness and remove auto-brightness icon
- usb tethering when clicking hotspot tile (it's faster than going to settings, type "usb teth..." and open it)
- hold longer power button to enable torchlight

edit:
- position of AOD display does not change, clock is always on top left corner and battery on bottom, to my mind it should change from time to time to avoid pixel burn-in.

Last edited:
@Umang96 the touch sensitivity seem a bit off, swipe up to open app drawer gesture require more motion than usual. Beside, can you add option to change system font? Android without Google Product Sans feel weird. Everything else is perfect to me. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
Poland
@Umang96 the touch sensitivity seem a bit off, swipe up to open app drawer gesture require more motion than usual. Beside, can you add option to change system font? Android without Google Product Sans feel weird. Everything else is perfect to me. Thank you and keep up the good work!
I noticed it too on SwiftKey, I lowered vibrations for pressing keys to minimal 1ms, but they're still strong.

bonyjose

Jun 27, 2017
one of the best roms' currently available for Poco f4, has basic customization and is really stable. Thanks Dev.

Reactions: Sedat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    catalyst_banner_new.jpg

* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you. * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device. * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby

ABOUT
    CatalystOS is focused on performance, smoothness and stability with only necessary customisation. We bring some never seen before features to the custom rom community like schedule reboot and per-app landscape refresh rate, schedule airplane mode for standby battery saving. OTA updates are also supported. We usually send updates every weekend. This rom is co-developed by @Umang96 and @LordShenron .

SOME FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
    • Force app refresh rate - force any app on min/max/dynamic refresh rate to have better control
    • Force app landscape refresh rate - force any app to run on min refresh rate when in landscape
    • Schedule reboot - reboot your phone automatically at specific time
    • Schedule airplane mode - set automatic airplane mode on/off time to save battery
    • Better (smaller) privacy indicators, charging indicator, cpu info overlay tile
    • DT2W, DT2S on homescreen/lockscreen/statusbar
    • Rom and kernel + dt side performance improvements
    WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    INSTRUCTIONS TO FLASH -
    1. Have unlocked bootloader
    2. adb reboot fastboot
    3. fastboot flash boot boot.img
    4. fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    5. reboot to recovery now
    6. wipe data because you are changing rom
    7. select adb sideload
    8. adb sideload CatalystOS_xxxxxxx.zip
    DOWNLOADS -
    CatalystOS Website

GPL COMPLIANCE -
    ROM Source: https://github.com/catalyst-android
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/catalyst-android/kernel_xiaomi_sm8250

Telegram:
    CatalystOS Official
    POCO F4 Discussion

Credits:
    madmax7896 for his work on device trees
    UtsavBalar1231 for his work on sm8250 kernel
    ArrowOS, LineageOS, SuperiorOS for their work on aosp
    Same question, which rec to use
    Can I flash with ofox? Will OTA work or flash boot and vendor boot needed?
    I installed it with TWRP and OTA can work
    I have installed it on my Poco, tried a few roms. I like this one the best.
    one of the best roms' currently available for Poco f4, has basic customization and is really stable. Thanks Dev.