[ROM][OFFICIAL][cedric][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

mathew2214

Mar 31, 2019
i am considering purchasing one of these phone for use with this ROM. i need to be able to use VoLTE with T-Mobile in the US. which exact model number is most ideal for this?

mri0

Aug 1, 2018
I have a fully updated device on stock ROM (Android 8.1).

Followed all the instructions (root, flash recovery). When trying to flash the latest build I get the following error on my device:
"This update requires firmware from an Adroid 8.1 based stock ROM build. Please upgrade firmware and retry! E:Error in /sideloads/package.zip (status 1)"

Any help? Thx.

mri0

Aug 1, 2018
Might be related to the issue mentioned in page 9 of this thread.
Thank you so much! This solved the problem.

@JarlPenguin Thank you so much for keeping this Room alive and up to date!

Another newbie question: What is the newest gcam which works best with this room and where to get it? Can I just download the 8.2 APK (latest which works with Android 11) and install it or is any specific adaptation for this phone needed?

hellwhynot

Feb 28, 2017
There isn't an official build of LOS19 for moto G5; I haven't even seen an unofficial one. So, I doubt anyone went through an update process for that device at all
And sadly there probably won't be a LOS 19 build for cedric ever, see https://lineageos.org/Changelog-26/ (section Let’s talk about legacy devices…) It says there: "[...] for devices using kernel versions 3.18 and below, this may be the end of the road." Well, cedric is on 3.18...

Last edited:

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
And sadly there probably won't be a LOS 19 build for cedric ever, see https://lineageos.org/Changelog-26/ (section Let’s talk about legacy devices…) It says there: "[...] for devices using kernel versions 3.18 and below, this may be the end of the road." Well, cedric is on 3.18...
Yeah, I've seen that as well; it would be great if @JarlPenguin could somehow comment on that one.
If we ever get sensors and in-call audio fixed on 4.9, then LineageOS 19 will officially be supported. Until then there will be no (un)official support.

ScubadooX

Jul 7, 2022
Does LineageOS 18.1 work fine on the Moto G5? If that is the case, I am considering to install it as well.

Does anyone here know what I can do to avoid Google apps altogether? How can I install a good alternative play store on my device without using the Google Play Store first? Is APKPure a good alternative?
It's running fine on my Moto G5. I had to install Oreo 8.1 first because it's a prerequisite to 18.1.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018
Out of curiousity…
I ended up abandoning L18 on my phone cause it was just too slow and laggy. Granted my phone is only the 2GB model, so I was wondering how do the 3GB G5's handle this?

ScubadooX

Jul 7, 2022
Out of curiousity…
I ended up abandoning L18 on my phone cause it was just too slow and laggy. Granted my phone is only the 2GB model, so I was wondering how do the 3GB G5's handle this?
I have the Lenovo Moto G5 Dual-Sim (32GB + 2GB RAM) XT1671 and agree that 18.1 is laggy but so was Oreo 8.1. Can't remember what Nougat was like but I suspect it wasn't fast either.

ScubadooX

Jul 7, 2022
After experimenting with LOS 17.1 and then a couple of releases of LOS 18.1, I finally reverted back to Oreo. LOS was definitely more laggy than Oreo and one app, the Indonesian COVID-19 app, wouldn't even run in LOS. But the real deal breaker was two catastrophic failures related to encryption that rendered the phone unbootable. Luckily in both cases I was able to reinstall Oreo using fastboot. Now having used Oreo for much of the morning, I realize just how laggy LOS was. Of course, running an unsupported version of Android is a security risk but I wonder how many people actually get hacked because of a security hole in an unsupported version of Android.

KeithSJS

Sep 16, 2016
Hello, I just installed Lineage 18.1 and it seems to be fully working. One query though: if I set the time by using network time then engage flight mode then turn the phone off then turn it on, the correct time is lost (it shows 03.00 or similar) and I have to make a network connection again to produce the correct time. I have searched the thread but can't see any reference to this problem. Any suggestions or workaround?

What I did see was an instruction (reply #80) that Oreo stock to flash this ROM. I did have (unofficial I think) Lineage 14.1 when I flashed 18.1. All I did was use the TWRP I had installed already (an older version than the one referenced in the instructions in post #1) to wipe / format everything on the phone and then flash the zip. Is this wrong, should I re-do it?

Any help much appreciated.

hellwhynot

Feb 28, 2017
Hello, I just installed Lineage 18.1 and it seems to be fully working. One query though: if I set the time by using network time then engage flight mode then turn the phone off then turn it on, the correct time is lost (it shows 03.00 or similar) and I have to make a network connection again to produce the correct time. I have searched the thread but can't see any reference to this problem. Any suggestions or workaround?

What I did see was an instruction (reply #80) that Oreo stock to flash this ROM. I did have (unofficial I think) Lineage 14.1 when I flashed 18.1. All I did was use the TWRP I had installed already (an older version than the one referenced in the instructions in post #1) to wipe / format everything on the phone and then flash the zip. Is this wrong, should I re-do it?

Any help much appreciated.
I don't think this issue has anything to do with your installation method. I did that 'by the book' and my time is way off too when applying your scenario with flight mode on. A similar thing happens when booting into TWRP. I guess you just need network time to get time right with this ROM installed. (Which is not a big deal to me, though.)

KeithSJS

Sep 16, 2016
I don't think this issue has anything to do with your installation method. I did that 'by the book' and my time is way off too when applying your scenario with flight mode on. A similar thing happens when booting into TWRP. I guess you just need network time to get time right with this ROM installed. (Which is not a big deal to me, though.)
Hey, Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I think this is maybe the way to go with this i.e. live with it; I just like that I can have my phone switched on in the morning and not have it 'connected' but still show the right time.

Geny boy

Aug 24, 2015
got that error
this packge requires frimware from an android 8.1 based stock rom build please upgrade frimware and retry E:Error in /Sideload-package.zip (status 1)

and now restarting the device but it stuck on the ERROR Window "Window of unlocked device of motorella"

KeithSJS

Sep 16, 2016
Okay, to stop myself going round in circles can someone please clarify / confirm the following:

1. Do I HAVE TO flash stock Oreo before using any of the later Lineage releases (16.0, 18.1)?

2. If I do how do I do that? I am after straightforward and complete instructions (I have read about backing up the IMEI and passing safetynet - it's unclear to me whether these are necessary considerations).

3. What is the difference between 16.0 and 18.1 in terms of security? I see 18.1 is 'official' and 16.1 'unofficial', what does this mean?

4. It may be easier (I just want something straightforward) to go back to Lineage 14.1 (which I had been using for ages) but it seems that if I do this after flashing LOS 18.1 there may be issues. What issues?

What I did was:

• My phone was running Lineage 14.1 unofficial.
• I flashed LOS 18.1 using an old version of TWRP (non-64 bit I think).
• There are however problems with system time; GPS (it works but not with certain apps); and system speed i.e. it seems slow.
• I would like to look at alternatives but want to do it properly.

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build, recovery image and GApps (if you need them)
    • Flash the downloaded recovery image via fastboot
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format system and perform a factory reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons

What's working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera and Camcorder
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint - Oreo firmware required
    • GPS
    • OTG
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • VoLTE/VoWiFi
    • USB tethering/audio
    • SELinux: Enforcing

Known issues:
    • You tell me

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • All bugs should be reported here: Issue Tracker
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks to:
    @GivFNZ for testing my builds
    @wiktorek140, @karthick mostwanted, @wh0dat, @KalilDev, @AsD Monio, @GoldeneyeS2, @Steve Mathew Joy and @rajatgupta1998 for their hard work on our device sources
    LineageOS team

Changelogs:

Code:
    2021-04-08:
    Initial build.

Source code:
    just to verify.
    i have to put this on a sd card and install them on the phone with TWRP?
    No, sorry for not explaining.
    You download the ZIP on your PC, extract it (or extract NON-HLOS.bin from the ZIP).
    Then you reboot your phone to the bootloader, connect it to the PC and flash the file to the modem partition:
    Bash:
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    No, that didn't help. I tried that already. Tried again now, flashed newest recovery image and tried again - didn't work. Updated to latest version with adb sideload.

Thanks for your efforts by the way :)
    It should be fixed in the next build - you'll still have to sideload that one, but future builds should update OTA fine
    Yeah, I've seen that as well; it would be great if @JarlPenguin could somehow comment on that one.
    If we ever get sensors and in-call audio fixed on 4.9, then LineageOS 19 will officially be supported. Until then there will be no (un)official support.
    Okaaay ... this seems to be more compliacted than expected. How did you guys upgrade to Oreo FW? Where did you get it from?

Thanks
    update firmware from pc in fastboot mode volume down (-) connect to pc

Firmware LATAM XT1670 (amxla) Mini
    Firmware RETAIL XT167x (retail) Mini