• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][cedric][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread
Hello, would one (or more) of you mind posting an output of adb shell dmesg -w after attempting the OTA update and enabling ADB in recovery?
I'm not on montana, but have the same problem on cedric - so I'll post this here.
OTA-update worked for me one time. Since then everytime I try I get the Error mentioned in montana-thread and need to update using ADB.
I might have installed the ROM on June 3rd if this helps.

Edit: seems like I can't attatch the file, so:

Last edited:

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
I'm not on montana, but have the same problem on cedric - so I'll post this here.
OTA-update worked for me one time. Since then everytime I try I get the Error mentioned in montana-thread and need to update using ADB.
I might have installed the ROM on June 3rd if this helps.

Edit: seems like I can't attatch the file, so:
Hi, does formatting the cache partition help?

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
No, that didn't help. I tried that already. Tried again now, flashed newest recovery image and tried again - didn't work. Updated to latest version with adb sideload.

Thanks for your efforts by the way :)
It should be fixed in the next build - you'll still have to sideload that one, but future builds should update OTA fine

Reactions: k3lcior and zweif

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7

rtd4

Jan 31, 2021
speak a build to 32 bits in the future the rom is good but arm64 degrades performance a lot

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Flashed and all good so far, though first boot was taking unusually long (not sure if bootlooped) i had to force power off / restart and then it booted up properly.
Can anyone cofirm if OTA updates will work with TWRP or i need Lineage recovery for that?

Good job @JarlPenguin (y)

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
Flashed and all good so far, though first boot was taking unusually long (not sure if bootlooped) i had to force power off / restart and then it booted up properly.
Can anyone cofirm if OTA updates will work with TWRP or i need Lineage recovery for that?

Good job @JarlPenguin (y)
First boot taking 7-8 minutes is normal.

OTA updates will work with TWRP but keep in mind any issues that arise won't be taken into consideration unless you use LineageOS recovery.

Reactions: k3lcior

hellwhynot

Feb 28, 2017
Updated today and noticed that OTA now worked for me with TWRP (v. 3.5.2_9-0), so I did not have to install manually from recovery. (Not a big issue, of course.) I used to get this error: Error installing zip file '@/cache/recovery/block.map'.
BTW, got that error also using the LOS recovery.

@Jarl-Penguin, Thnx for your great work!

Nyakov

Nov 3, 2012
I have memory management problems with this rom.
For example when I try to watch youtube in background(newpipe) and use browser(Fennec) it will often kill newpipe floating window.
But also sometimes it kills browser.

I noticed that system by itself eat most of the available ram, can it be somehow fixed?

rtd4

Jan 31, 2021
For example when I try to watch youtube in background(newpipe) and use browser(Fennec) it will often kill newpipe floating window.

I noticed that system by itself eat most of the available ram, can it be somehow fixed?
Android 11 is not worth it in cedric it does not make any sense compared to android 7/8 and it is in arm64 that only slows down the system the sd430 I understand that it ended its support in android 10 with kernel 3.18.124 I don't think qualcomm will keep this soc on android 11

nift4

May 22, 2019
nift4.github.io
Moto G5
F(x)tec Pro1

Try setting the LowMemoryKiller configuration to
Code:
using a kernel manager of your choice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I miss a few files in the source compilation process, they are also missing in the images uploaded to the G5:

system/lib/libqti-perfd-client_system.so
    system/lib/libqti-util_system.so
    system/lib/libqti_performance.so
    system/lib64/libqti-perfd-client_system.so
    system/lib64/libqti-util_system.so
    system/lib64/libqti_performance.so

Where can I download them?
    You can download the full complete vendor blobs from "TheMuppets" on GitHub
    I have rooted my phone running 17.1 and installed Migrate-NG and also updated TWRP to 3.5.2-9-0. However, I don't quite see how Migrate is supposed to work. As a test I have created a backup of an app. As I understand it, I don't need the Helper app and so would then delete the app, boot to recovery and just use TWRP to flash the backup which Migrate created. Is that correct?
    Once you have created a backup of an app you can use the Migrate Flasher app to "flash" it. Then you can use Migrate Helper to restore the app. I do not recommend using TWRP, and any issues that arise while using it will not be looked into.
    You can either use TheMuppets repo, or you should extract the files from a LineageOS zip instead of using ADB.
    OK, understood - I'll use LineageOS recovery. Do I need a 17.1 recovery image or will 18.1 also work? If I need a 17.1 recovery, where can I find it?
    Ideally you should use a 17.1 image - as for where you can find one, I don't know, since it's been some time since they've been deleted from LineageOS' website.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build, recovery image and GApps (if you need them)
    • Flash the downloaded recovery image via fastboot
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format system and perform a factory reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons

What's working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera and Camcorder
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint - Oreo firmware required
    • GPS
    • OTG
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • VoLTE/VoWiFi
    • USB tethering/audio
    • SELinux: Enforcing

Known issues:
    • You tell me

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • All bugs should be reported here: Issue Tracker
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks to:
    @GivFNZ for testing my builds
    @wiktorek140, @karthick mostwanted, @wh0dat, @KalilDev, @AsD Monio, @GoldeneyeS2, @Steve Mathew Joy and @rajatgupta1998 for their hard work on our device sources
    LineageOS team

Changelogs:

Code:
    2021-04-08:
    Initial build.

Source code:
    Okaaay ... this seems to be more compliacted than expected. How did you guys upgrade to Oreo FW? Where did you get it from?

Thanks
    update firmware from pc in fastboot mode volume down (-) connect to pc

Firmware LATAM XT1670 (amxla) Mini
    Firmware RETAIL XT167x (retail) Mini
    No, that didn't help. I tried that already. Tried again now, flashed newest recovery image and tried again - didn't work. Updated to latest version with adb sideload.

Thanks for your efforts by the way :)
    It should be fixed in the next build - you'll still have to sideload that one, but future builds should update OTA fine

Click the spoiler for commands to flash in fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
    fastboot flash oem oem.img
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
    fastboot reboot
    It is not necessary to flash the OS partition (system.img), much less OEM (oem.img) it is for that reason that I left the firmware trimmed to skip that step tell me why you are going to flash the full firmware if when installing a custom rom it will format system & oem I have done it like this and zero errors
    Okaaay ... this seems to be more compliacted than expected. How did you guys upgrade to Oreo FW? Where did you get it from?

Thanks

Click the spoiler for commands to flash in fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
    fastboot flash oem oem.img
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0