[ROM] [OFFICIAL] ColtOS 6.5 [kenzo/kate] [10] [OTA] [01-15-2021]

otyg

Apr 5, 2013
Is the ram management on that build alrite? Are some of the bugs of october update fixed? What exactly is power off alarm?? I said "it's my primary device" as you said it might not even boot. That's what got me worried. Do you think that i should try it or wait for the december official build?? 1 thing is for sure that my feedback certainly matters to you.
After a few days of testing I can confirm the November builds with the new blobs add significant delay when launching apps which may be worse on 2G devices, I will push out a new update soon that will go back to the standard blobs but we will loose some minor features like the "power off alarm" but I think having a fast and stable device is worth it over the extra features.

Last edited:

tejasvi001

Nov 3, 2017
Ofcourse i completely agree. I have no idea what power off alarm is. Just fix ok google issue and give the update and I'll be more than happy. I'm using October update in 2 of my phones and I don't feel that I'm missing out on features. Granted November builds may have a bit more features but at the cost of stability, it's not worth it. Bdw i was asking you whether i should try out the nov 8 old blobs test build or wait for december old blobs official update? On my 2gb device, i used to get the message "unfortunately system UI is not responding" and oftenatimes i had to force reboot the device as it would just hang with both the November updates.

Last edited:

otyg

Apr 5, 2013
NEW Update for 6.5!, this will be the last update for this month...enjoy :)
ColtOS-v6.5Euphoria-kenzo-20201114-Official.zip

Note: Hey Google should work in this build, Power Off alarm is working but the device has to be unplugged (not charging) for it to start the device on alarm activation, this is a limitation of kenzo blobs.

::::::::::::Device Changelog.::::::::::::::
* Temporarily revert daisy blobs due to an increased delay starting apps. (wip)
* Faster app loading and system response.
* Quicker boot time.

Last edited:

tejasvi001

Nov 3, 2017
No idea about Gapps Pico. I use Micro Gapps in all my phones. Regarding Kate, try and see for yourself. It's a possibility that it might work as the rom is completely stable now.

@[email protected]

Apr 27, 2012
I changed yesterday from derpfest Pie to Colt 6.5 , I followed the instructions to the letter and the pico gapps (opegapps) work perfectly. The rom works very well, but unfortunately there is one little thing that I did not expect to lose but that is very useful.
It is no longer possible to assign to a button to open the power menu, I used it to avoid the wear and tear of the power button.
Is there a way, even manual, to add this function again? Currently the list of assignable functions is missing.
Thanks.

I do an update to my post, after two days of use, the rom has several lag and the apps start slowly and sometimes suddenly close. My kenzo is the variant with 2gb of ram and with all the apps installed they remain unused just over 5oo mb, while the usage profile is balanced.

Last edited:
Reactions: HannibalLecter

Jangoux

Jan 3, 2016
Installed colt os for the first time and I've been liking the features. However I am getting massive lags and apps getting stuck that sometimes even need a reboot to unhang the phone. What could be causing this?

otyg

Apr 5, 2013
Installed colt os for the first time and I've been liking the features. However I am getting massive lags and apps getting stuck that sometimes even need a reboot to unhang the phone. What could be causing this?
Make sure you are on the 11.14 build, when you first install a rom android can do some optimizations in the background which can take a few hours to several days depending on the device use, sometimes these optimizations can cause some lag but eventually go away, you can trigger the optimization manually if you like but I wont go into that too much.

here is a nice guide on how to run the command.
https://del.dog/optimizedex.go

vikrend

Apr 4, 2020
maybe you setup your sd card as shared internal storage? instead of portable storage
No it was happening on read from storage to memory. So what was happening is when there is no memory, data from memory was compressed (and therefore cpu being used heavily atm) and pushed to zswap. And at that moment it lagged hard. So what I did is I turned zswap off and set lmk to aggressive kill but w/o killing foreground application. So far no lags encountered.

otyg

Apr 5, 2013
Sorry for the lack of updates, please note we are still on the Nov 5 security patch.

ColtOS v6.5 - 01-15-2021

🆑 Changelog:

* Updated blobs - DRM, Keystore, Gatekeeper, Time from smartron-rimo02a-8.0.0-T5524INDURC-475
* Drop TimeServices - on late boot time_genoff connection will sometimes fail & block unlocking the device, dropped TimeServices to fix issues with unlocking.
* Implemented - TimeKeep to keep track of time & date is alive - since we dropped TimeServices.
* Added audio input port for hotword implementation.
* Fixed a issue where Torch is not available on encrypted devices.
* Fixed sending auth token from FingerprintDeamon (fixes Fingerprint auth in apps for devices with Goodix fp sensor)
* Updated media profiles and added performance points, built the G711 codec from source.
* Changed default hotspot SSID from "AndroidAp" to "Redmi Note 3 Pro"
* Kernel upstreamed with some drivers fixes
* Other "Under the hood" changes to Device Tree.
Download

Last edited:

Ajudia

Oct 13, 2017
We are working on it, Android 10 is kindaof on pause while Android 11 is being worked on so updates might come a bit slower then normal.
you are doing great work, but i am not hopeful 11r will work same as 10q in our kenzo, as in my other device iam disappointed on 11r roms, 11r not that agile than 10 and hardware is also that much to reach minimum requirements