• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official **crDroid**][Find7][Marshmallow - 6.0.1][CM-based] [LVM] [15/05/2016]

Search This thread

_Machiavelli_

Nov 6, 2014
One thing I have noticed is that now and then my phone won't wake the screen from sleep. I have to reboot the phone to get the screen on again.

The backlight starts but there's nothing in the display but black.

One time the alarm woke me in the morning as usual, but as the screen want working I couldn't turn the alarm off. I had to reboot to stop the alarm.

If you could figure out what the problem is, that would be awesome.

M.

gllark

Mar 1, 2015
Munich
One thing I have noticed is that now and then my phone won't wake the screen from sleep. I have to reboot the phone to get the screen on again.

The backlight starts but there's nothing in the display but black.

One time the alarm woke me in the morning as usual, but as the screen want working I couldn't turn the alarm off. I had to reboot to stop the alarm.

If you could figure out what the problem is, that would be awesome.

M.
That's what we call a BSOD. Unfortunately there is nothing to do against it. They happen from time to time. It's a fault in all existing kernels except Oppos, crDroid uses already the best one with least of BSODs. Jejecule already linked to a BSOD-workaround from Evisceration in one of the former posts, but this does not work for all. Just look for it and good luck.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

I have the permanent LED too at 0901. After charging the device with received emails the LED didn't go out. Had to reboot, now I'm back to normal, will report if it happens again next charge.

_Machiavelli_

Nov 6, 2014
That's what we call a BSOD. Unfortunately there is nothing to do against it. They happen from time to time. It's a fault in all existing kernels except Oppos, crDroid uses already the best one with least of BSODs. Jejecule already linked to a BSOD-workaround from Evisceration in one of the former posts, but this does not work for all. Just look for it and good luck.

Unfortunately I can't find anywhere to download the APK for the BSOD Workaround app. Anyone got it to share?

M.

Last edited:

jejecule

Nov 3, 2012
Bruxelles
@jejecule - is it possible to get a disable hardware nav buttons in the software buttons section?

Hello mate,

That's a good question. For now not in settings, could you test the following, after a full wipe, if you select the use software key option during the setup wizard, is this disabling the hardware key?
I will check with our team if implementing this option is possible without breaking other features.

Cheers

Reactions: m2geek

jejecule

Nov 3, 2012
Bruxelles
Feedbacks

Hello guys,

1. To resume your last issues and requests:
-Disabling hardware key once software key are enable: under investigation but surely possible, asked one of you to test a workaround
- Light always on: weird i don't have that, will check with my wife, she's always complaining when things are not going well:p
- BSOD workaround: fortunately they are rare in this rom with DU kernel. The workaround is an apk Nameless does not want to share with users don't using nameless :(, if someone has the apk, please upload it somewhere and share it here, but i hope BSOD won't happen frequently, still only one for me in weeks.
- temperature in nav bar: i found the commits from Euphoria OS, and will discuss with my team if possible to implement it, i could try only for find 7, but since we are a team i prefer to implement it for all our devices
- disabling app from drawer: i'm using Nova launcher and it works perfectly, have a try. True i use the paying version but i think it's possible in the free one.
- Linux time coming back at each reboot, still investigating, tried a fix in last build but did not help apparently, but it last 2 seconds after reboot before correct time is back, i think we can live with that for now.

Guys, i would like to warmly thank you all for your feedbacks, it's really a pleasure to take part in this thread!

Thanks & Cheers!

Next build maybe later today;)

jcliu0

Sep 3, 2015
Hello guys,

1. To resume your last issues and requests:
-Disabling hardware key once software key are enable: under investigation but surely possible, asked one of you to test a workaround
- Light always on: weird i don't have that, will check with my wife, she's always complaining when things are not going well:p
- BSOD workaround: fortunately they are rare in this rom with DU kernel. The workaround is an apk Nameless does not want to share with users don't using nameless :(, if someone has the apk, please upload it somewhere and share it here, but i hope BSOD won't happen frequently, still only one for me in weeks.
- temperature in nav bar: i found the commits from Euphoria OS, and will discuss with my team if possible to implement it, i could try only for find 7, but since we are a team i prefer to implement it for all our devices
- disabling app from drawer: i'm using Nova launcher and it works perfectly, have a try. True i use the paying version but i think it's possible in the free one.
- Linux time coming back at each reboot, still investigating, tried a fix in last build but did not help apparently, but it last 2 seconds after reboot before correct time is back, i think we can live with that for now.

Guys, i would like to warmly thank you all for your feedbacks, it's really a pleasure to take part in this thread!

Thanks & Cheers!

Next build maybe later today;)

Is there a place that I can find newer modems? the modem in the link provided is giving me mobile network connectivity problems, I am from Australia.

kent94

Jul 12, 2015
Hello guys,
)

I tested this on Smart Launcher 3, disabled app immediately disappears from the app drawer. Maybe this issue is only present in Trebuchet, crDroid's stock launcher.

m2geek

Jan 10, 2012
Is there a place that I can find newer modems? the modem in the link provided is giving me mobile network connectivity problems, I am from Australia.

If you're on OPTUS you're not alone... I constantly have issues, have to swap between APNs to keep a stable connection, its bizarre. I am waiting for a Vodafone SIM to arrive to see if their any better.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Hello mate,

That's a good question. For now not in settings, could you test the following, after a full wipe, if you select the use software key option during the setup wizard, is this disabling the hardware key?
I will check with our team if implementing this option is possible without breaking other features.

Cheers

Ok, so, as asked I did a wipe and enable software keys instead of hardware. Doing so makes it software only, if you turn it off in settings the hardware ones don't come back on.

Abaddon

Hello mate,

Cheers

selecting to enable software buttons at setup automatically disables the hardware buttons :) tried it three times to make sure :p
and as you've already planning to add temp style on statusbar. could you please add double tap anywhere on lockscreen to sleep or long lick lock icon to sleep? :)

Last edited:

jejecule

Nov 3, 2012
Bruxelles
If you're on OPTUS you're not alone... I constantly have issues, have to swap between APNs to keep a stable connection, its bizarre. I am waiting for a Vodafone SIM to arrive to see if their any better.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Ok, so, as asked I did a wipe and enable software keys instead of hardware. Doing so makes it software only, if you turn it off in settings the hardware ones don't come back on.

Guys,
try this thread and go more for One+one modem, there are a lot of links in this thread, maybe some tests will be needed.
http://community.oppo.com/en/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=19096
Good luck:)

KidsCode

Aug 14, 2011
ROM for Oppo Find 7 new LCD

wonder if crDroid will release a new ROM to accommodate the new Find 7 LCD?

naset

Jul 20, 2008
hi..why i flash this rom my phone screen became inverted color? Anybody can help me? Im using the latest twrp

gllark

Mar 1, 2015
Munich
hi..why i flash this rom my phone screen became inverted color? Anybody can help me? Im using the latest twrp
I had this once when TWRP was not properly installed. In my case TWRP had the false colors too. I installed a version before and everything was okay, but had to reinstall the ROM too.

KidsCode

Aug 14, 2011
I had this once when TWRP was not properly installed. In my case TWRP had the false colors too. I installed a version before and everything was okay, but had to reinstall the ROM too.

I just post this awhile ago, not sure if you're using F7 with the new screen model, so that is why the inverted colours. Only twrp-2.8.7.2-find7 supporting the new screen and Omni ROM.

jejecule

Nov 3, 2012
Bruxelles
New crDroid Find7

Hello Guys,

New build is up: crdroid-5.1.1-20150904-find7.zip

Download
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347807861

Changelog see attached, a lot of frameworks changes, visible or not and....capacity of disabling hardware buttons while software buttons are enabled:p

Cheers & Enjoy

Attachments

• crdroid-5.1.1-20150904-find7-crdroid_find7.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 54

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    picture.php

Hello Guys,

This is my personal port, and now official version, of the great crDroid rom to our Find7 device.
    The rom is build with CM find7s device (x9076 QHD) tree but should be compatible with all Find7 variants.
    I'd like to warmly thank Cristiano Matos (rom creator) and all his team for letting me create this thread and share those great builds with you!

Here we go:

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on CyangenMod so use stuffs compatible with them.

All the source code for crDroid is available in the Github repo.And if you would like to contribute feel free to pull a request.

Rom main features:
    Everything you could think of...see second post for full details

Install:
    First time installing crDroid to your Find7, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP 2.8.7.0 or higher recommended)

- Make sure you updated your modem (see below instructions in OP)
    - Copy GApps and crDroid zip to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash GApps zip (I you don't need all Google feature, i recommend PA Gapps, micro or nano)
    -Flash Supersu (optional but recommended)
    - Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:

- Copy crDroid ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Reboot

LVM: See here

Modem:
    Internation variant X9006 & X9076 : As from 05/01/2016 version you will need to flash this modem/firmware before flashing the build. If you don't you may experience connectivity issues.
    Chinese variants: Please stay on this firmware version until new firmware is adapted for your radio.

Note about updating rom:
    We are still in alpha/beta stages and a lot of commits are merged everyday, for a better experience, we recommend a full wipe for each update, this should avoid unwanted bugs. Best stuff to do is always have a Nandroid backup ready to restore.

Updates:
    I'll try to update the build at least weekly. Please don't ask for ETA, if i don't provide it it's or i have no time, or nothing new. Changelog will be provided via automated txt file.

Download:
    All Lollipop builds will be stored here
    All Marshmallow builds will be stored here
    However, i'll provide a specific link for each build

forum.php

Special thanks:
    - Cristiano Matos & all crDroid Team
    - Google
    - CyanogenMod
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Dirty Unicorns
    And many others!

XDA:DevDB Information
    crdroid, ROM for the Oppo Find7

Contributors
    firebird11, Cristiano Matos, davidteri91, jejecule
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop/6.0x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-01-31
    Last Updated 2016 -01-05

crDroid G+ community

I added a donate to me logo above my profile: only know that i don't expect anything from you guys, donation received will be integrally spent in new devices or in old devices reparations. Please don't take it bad:eek:
    New crDroid Find 7

Guys,

crdroid-6.0.1-20160424-find7.zip is up, sorry to all but no time left for xda for now:(

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24499762636007660

Changelog:
    See attached, a lot since two weeks!

Thanks all for your help in the forum, just appreciated!

Cheers & Nice week
    New crDroid Find7

Hello Guys,

Here we go for the last L update: crdroid-5.1.1-20151129-find7.zip

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087007430

Changelog: All last 3 weeks updates. Some more info attached.

Cheers & Good evening!

PS: Will be working on M in the next days.
    Guys,
    I've been sick and working 100% for real life the last days, no time for android:( But I don't forget you and will provide a new build asap). Just stay tuned and be patient, meanwhile stay on the build which is better for you device.
    Cheers
    Hi @jejecule any update on new build? It's been a while so just curious. Cheers!!!
    Patience is an art too:)
    Maybe next weekend guys! Sorry but first build was broken, then I'm really busy in real life.
    Cheers guys!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app