[ROM] [OFFICIAL] crDroidAndroid for Redmi 9 / Poco M2 (lancelot, galahad, shiva)

Search This thread

helmen

Nov 7, 2011
I'ts about the firmware-ROM match. If you want to flash a custom A12 ROM you should have an A12 stock firmware, and if you want to flash a custom A11 ROM, you should have an A11 firmware. If ROM and firmware don't match, you can experience some issues. All the firmware can be found here:

Basically I download the newest firmware package and flash it from time to time.
Excuse me for asking this question.
I end up with a rotated phone with the "MIUI Global 12.0.1 stable" version.
Before trying a different room I wanted to update the firmware as I read on this post of yours.
The automatic update ("check for updates") doesn't go then I was thinking of updating by hand through the site you passed on.
The questions are:
1) Don't I have to upgrade progressively to the version I am interested in ?
2) Can I safely do the update from the interface (I pressed the logo 10 times to make the advanced setting show) or do I have to go through recovery ?
3) is the downgrade possible should I need an old firmware again ?
thank you very much!

EDIT: from the interface i get this error:
"Can't verify update
Couldn't verify update package"
I'll see if I can figure out how to update the firmware from the recovery :(

EDIT2: I read the faq and it says this "Flash it using TWRP or any custom recovery. There’s no need to wipe/format anything before or after the installation." Then I rebooted into recovery, went to the "install" menu and chose the file.zipr to install.
Rebooted, it works though the rom version is the same.
Fair enough though since I didn't update the rom but only updated the firmware, however the faq also says that:
"How to check the updated firmware?
Usually, the modem gets updated with newer firmware, you can check it in Settings > About > Baseband."
But my baseband version is "unknown." Maybe it's because I don't have any sim mounted right now?

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022
Redmi 9
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Read (THIS) If You Have Issues With Dialer App

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
[*]IMEI-BACKUP-SCRIPT (Download from here)
[*]FIRMWARE (Download from here)

#KEEP IMEI BACKUP IN SAFE PLACE, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETELY RESTORE IMEI IF LOST!

First time installation:
  • step 0: Make Sure You Have IMEI Backup, Take From link above
  • step 1 : Assuming You Have Your Bootloader Unlocked Already, Go to fastboot mode, Flash recovery(shrp in this case)
  • step 2: Reboot To Recovery, Format Dalvik, Art Cache And Cache, Click on format data --> type yes
  • step 3: Flash Your Device FW(skip if on MIUI Android 11), then Flash crDroidAndroid Zip
  • step 4: Flash The Suggested Gapps Package(optional)
  • step 5: If you want magisk, flash after you've setup the phone from the setup wizard

Update installation:
  • step 1: If You're On Non-OSS rom, Or OSS-Q rom, Follow "First Time Installation" Guide
  • step 2: First Unroot Your Device!(**IMPORTANT**), Now Assuming Youre on OSS-R Rom, or an Old Crdroid Build, Reboot To Recovery, Format Dalvik, Art Cache And Cache
  • step 3: Flash crDroidAndroid Zip
  • step 5: If you want magisk, flash after you've setup the phone from the setup wizard

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: kernel url

Download:
ROM Download-Link
Changelog: Changelog

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
Support Group(Telegram)
crDroid Community Telegram
crDroid Updates Channel
Donate to help our team pay server costs
please..need a overclocked kernel for poco m2....it will help gamers.

Derlisfloow

Dec 12, 2022
Hi friends I have a problem with this rom on my redmi 9 a few days ago install and failure that has is that it turns off only when I stop using.The crDroid I installed is the 7.x.
Now I see that there is a new version that is the 8.x, will be that if I install that will fix the problem of shutdown I have.
To install version 8.x is the same process?
If someone can help me please, I am new to this.:(:)

lxgxxn

Jan 8, 2023
I have crDroid 8.7 but I want update this to 8.11. How to update this? Please help me

Basitfaizan786

Jan 12, 2023
It is written that it is also for Shiva but when I flash on my poco m2 reloaded(Shiva) it goes in boot loop.
Can someone find best custom rom for customisation for poco m2(lava) or poco m2 reloaded (Shiva)

hackares

Oct 21, 2015
It is written that it is also for Shiva but when I flash on my poco m2 reloaded(Shiva) it goes in boot loop.
Can someone find best custom rom for customisation for poco m2(lava) or poco m2 reloaded (Shiva)
It should work, make sure you follow the proper flashing guide for this rom and use the recommended custom recovery.

For another custom roms, you can use google and find the best for you. Even Youtube can help. Just write "Redmi 9 Custom roms" or "Poco M2 Custom roms"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Read (THIS) If You Have Issues With Dialer App

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:
    [*]IMEI-BACKUP-SCRIPT (Download from here)
    [*]FIRMWARE (Download from here)

#KEEP IMEI BACKUP IN SAFE PLACE, ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETELY RESTORE IMEI IF LOST!

First time installation:
    • step 0: Make Sure You Have IMEI Backup, Take From link above
    • step 1 : Assuming You Have Your Bootloader Unlocked Already, Go to fastboot mode, Flash recovery(shrp in this case)
    • step 2: Reboot To Recovery, Format Dalvik, Art Cache And Cache, Click on format data --> type yes
    • step 3: Flash Your Device FW(skip if on MIUI Android 11), then Flash crDroidAndroid Zip

Update installation:
    • step 1: If You're On Non-OSS rom, Or OSS-Q rom, Follow "First Time Installation" Guide
    • step 2: First Unroot Your Device!(**IMPORTANT**), Now Assuming Youre on OSS-R Rom, or an Old Crdroid Build, Reboot To Recovery, Format Dalvik, Art Cache And Cache
    • step 3: Flash crDroidAndroid Zip

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel url

Download:
    ROM Download-Link
    Changelog: Changelog

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    Support Group(Telegram)
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Updates Channel
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    @tiga05, yes, I've managed to solve it, but I don't really know what consequences of my deeds can be, so be careful if you want to follow what's below.

Basically, you probably are right about some buggy ROM<->google relationship. To deal with this spam log, you have to disable com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService . You can do it via ADB:

Code:
    # pm disable com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService

I'm not sure what this service is used for (it's just a part of google GMS, i.e. google play services), but it looks like everything works well so far.

I've also been playing with google play services optimization for battery utilization and RAM usage. Basically I disabled these activities/services, which reduced RAM from 450M to around 140M, which is really nice.
    Followed the installation instruction, everything has been smooth so far. Played some game and the performance is great. Prop to the maintainer for writing such detail instruction rather than having me search though everything on my own. Keep it up!
    How is the stability?
    You are right, this is similar problem. When I reboot phone in airplane mode, then I get all channels working. If I enable GSM and restart WiFi, then channels 149 - 173 stop working. I can see in logcat, that country is set to PL, but regulatory info looks the same (or I don't know what to look for).