[ROM][OFFICIAL][CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies for Hercules][TeamChopsticks]

Search This thread

noob41

Nov 29, 2011
When I opened "Google services framework" with disable service from the market I noticed that "systemupdeteservice" was off by default. Turn it back on and your back to sleep! It won't keep the setting through a reboot though, have to redo it every time.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Flashed new Rc 10.1.3 n I lost deep sleep? Anyone else? I tried going back to a earlier nightly n the same? Anyone cab help me out? Tried giving permissions n nothing..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

See above! Forgot to quote you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: JesusWazBlack

Evil Avnovice

Apr 18, 2011
Since the second release candidate is on it's way, I'll try that out as I was suffering from some slight battery drain with the first.

Gen00

Apr 11, 2010
Miami
Yea but I don't want to make the jump if Bluetooth is not fixed.. I got everything running perfectly.. Unless 10.2 gets more stable then I'll jump on that..

chefp

May 15, 2010
The changelog indicates that RC2 addresses the battery drain caused by disabling ota updates. I'll give it a shot.

vendor/cm
•*2fba8eb 10.1.3-RC2
•*e116c60 Bump version for 10.1.3-RC1
•*b8f7758 add Kindle Fire contributor
•*8b9f177 Use Package Manager to disable stock OTA
•*eb7754a otablock: also disable BroadcastReceiver
•*5bdc735 Revert "otablock: Disable only the actual activity, leave the service on"
•*22a4354 otablock: Disable only the actual activity, leave the service on

Update: Deep Sleeping :good:
Update2: Bluetooth toggle still dies after some amount of toggling. Grr...

Last edited:
D

Darth

I don't see why they'd come back and work on 4.2.2 when 4.3 is essentially the same with a few minor updates. It would be like Microsoft tweaking XP service pack 2 after service pack 3 was out.

I think 4.2.2 will be/is dead. They'll get 4.3 running stable and 4.2.2 will be a memory. ;)

Sent from my cellular telephone

danishdish

Sep 8, 2012
Washington
OnePlus 7T
The battery life with this ROM is outstanding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1379752119288.jpg
    1379752119288.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 235

Arkain2K

May 6, 2010
Very tempted to switch over from near-perfect-but-largely-abandoned JB6. Perhaps I should wait a week to see if anyone found any bugs in CM 10.1.3 before making the leap :D

Gen00

Apr 11, 2010
Miami
Very tempted to switch over from near-perfect-but-largely-abandoned JB6. Perhaps I should wait a week to see if anyone found any bugs in CM 10.1.3 before making the leap :D

Bro I made the jump to CM10.2 and its been perfect.. GPS is great Bluetooth is running great phone calls everything is just great.. So happy I got my Bluetooth working again.. No RR or SOD.. Battery life is good too I'm using a lil help from OKJ.. So I happy I made the jump to CM10.2 u shld try it out..

yassir5505

Jul 22, 2012
Dearborn
Bro I made the jump to CM10.2 and its been perfect.. GPS is great Bluetooth is running great phone calls everything is just great.. So happy I got my Bluetooth working again.. No RR or SOD.. Battery life is good too I'm using a lil help from OKJ.. So I happy I made the jump to CM10.2 u shld try it out..

How good is the battery life

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Arkain2K

May 6, 2010
Tell ya the truth, the only reason why I'm still using JB6 instead of CM is because nobody seems to be able to replicate Samsung's S-Beam feature, which I use quite often to quickly share photos with all my friends & family members who are using Galaxy S2/3/4.

Last edited:

Gen00

Apr 11, 2010
Miami
oh you have an extended battery?

Nope battery that came with the phone..

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Tell ya the truth, the only reason why I'm still using JB6 instead of CM is because nobody seems to be able to replicate Samsung's S-Beam feature, which I use quite often to quickly share photos with all my friends & family members who are using Galaxy S2/3/4.

I use beam all the time with family and friends n I have no problem sharing photos or anything else I need to share..

mcho19

Mar 15, 2009
Oakland, CA
Anybody experiencing complete freeze-up of the phone? I get it when I'm playing games or typing a SMS. It locks up for about 10 seconds to a minute and the phone is completely unresponsive.

Been dirty flashing since two RCs ago and been having the problem ever since.

taxidriver9

Apr 18, 2012
Anybody experiencing complete freeze-up of the phone? I get it when I'm playing games or typing a SMS. It locks up for about 10 seconds to a minute and the phone is completely unresponsive.

Been dirty flashing since two RCs ago and been having the problem ever since.

Yeah I have this issue too. Locked up for around 10 secs after sending an sms, I had clean flashed from stock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

This is the support thread for CM10.1 on the Samsung SGH-T989 Hercules. It is still a major work in progress, so please make sure you have a backup that you can restore if you run into problems.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view http://changelog.bbqdroid.org for a full list of changes.

IRC SUPPORT:
    Join us in #teamchopsticks on Freenode IRC network.

DO NOT ASK FOR SUPPORT IF YOU FLASH A DIFFERENT KERNEL!
    The kernel packaged with CM10.1 is very tightly coupled with the ROM code, now more than ever with the advent of Project Butter in Jelly Bean. If you install a kernel different from the one in this ROM, please do not ask for any support.

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

Please see our blog at http://www.teamchopsticks.org for installation, download links and release notes.
    Install instructions:

The CyanogenMod team and TeamChopsticks would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Welcome carvsdriver and roger_n to Team Chopsticks!

Hey guys,

Mikeyman77 and I really appreciate all the support and help that carvsdriver and roger_n have put in to CM on Hercules and Skyrocket. To that end, we would like to formally welcome them to the Team Chopsticks family.

Please drop by #teamchopsticks on Freenode to congratulate them if you have some time!

Btw, a little birdie told me that Google released Android 4.3 source today. It is being integrated into CM as we speak. Hopefully we will have 4.3 goodness soon!
    CM10.1 RC5a build for Hercules

If you noticed, Skyrocket and Hercules have not been getting CM10.1 release candidate builds. This is due to all the problems that we have been having. We think these issues have been solved. We have backported the fixes into the CM10.1 staging branch in preparation for inclusion in CM10.1 stable.

However, we need your help testing this build that, if no issues are found, will become CM10.1 stable. Please flash this "RC5a" build and let us know if you see any issues. Specifically:
    • UI lockup/reboot (QSDB-30)
    • screen does not come on but touchkey lights do (QSDB-31)
    • at resume, screen is inverted and has a weird tint (QSDB-49)
    cm-10.1-20130609-EXPERIMENTAL-hercules-RC5a.zip - 156.00 MB
    This build should address the reboots, lagging and all the other lcd issues that have been going on.

Please test this build and give feedback:
    http://d-h.st/kRB