[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.2 Preview Builds for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
It amazes me that my old device has official CM 10.2 support and fully functional 4.3, and my Sprint variant of the Galaxy Nexus has no official CM 10.2 support (yet), and radio and gapps issues on stock 4.3...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Someone just fixed radio issue for the other galaxy nexus on cm-10.2 gerrit http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/47134/

Weird how the sprint variant is lacking support

AuGmENTor

Apr 17, 2012
Marlboro NY
Loving this so far. BT is fixed as far as I can tell. It may hang for up to a minute before it connects, but it has never NOT connected yet as in the days of yore. The rest of it seems nice and smooth as well.

Reactions: boruko

audioblivious

Oct 22, 2012
Loving this so far. BT is fixed as far as I can tell. It may hang for up to a minute before it connects, but it has never NOT connected yet as in the days of yore. The rest of it seems nice and smooth as well.

Is your phone radio work and do you have a phone apk

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Jshugzda

Nov 23, 2011
Tucson
Yes 10.2 lol so am I the only one testing this ROM?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk HD

I've been tesing it out for a couple of days, the only problem is there is no service other then that it is very smooth and it seems there is more free ram availible then in cm10 and cm10.1

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

audioblivious

Oct 22, 2012
I've been tesing it out for a couple of days, the only problem is there is no service other then that it is very smooth and it seems there is more free ram availible then in cm10 and cm10.1

Ok I see...... mine I don't have a telephone app installed had to add myself..... no radio says no service 2 main things I seen so far

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10.2 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a preview build of CM10.2 for the Samsung Epic 4G. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

Please submit a patch to our Gerrit instance if you want to help out.

WARNING: If you are any build prior to the 10/07 CM10.2 build, this will wipe your data due to a resizing of the mtd partitions. If you wish to go back to another ROM, you will need to ODIN back to stock. If updating from a build prior to 10/07, it is recommended to format /system, /data, and /cache AFTER making your backup.

Recommended steps before you install:
    1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
    4. Boot into CWM recovery. Make a full Backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    5. It is recommended that you wipe data before installing CM10.2 for the first time.

Additional Disclaimer:
    Any bug reports coming from an Unofficial CM10.2 build, or a modified/patched Official CM10.2 build (modem patch, kernels, etc.) should be directed to the originating thread. It is hard enough to provide bug support for the official releases without having to worry about bugs that may have been introduced by outside means. Bug reports are very welcome if you can reproduce them after flashing back to an official, stock build. We do want to be able to fix all the things. Thank you.

**Google Apps are not included in these ROMs. You'll need to install those yourself if you want them. Recommended and highly suggested are the 4.3 gapps from goo.im. Any other versions could result in problems.

Preview Builds
    cm-10.2-20131125-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip

Known Issues:

- 3g data mostly working as of 09/13 build. 3g data will reconnect properly after turning wifi off. No need to disable mobile data before turning on wifi. However, I have noticed occassions where 3G will show as connected, but the data connection is not actually active. This can be verified with a terminal app by using the "netcfg" command. If you do not see the ppp0 interface (or just know that your data is not working), a toggle of the mobile data will most likely reconnect your data.
    - 3g data partially working as of 08/14 build. Must boot with wifi off. To reconnect to data after turning wifi off, a reboot is necessary.

GPS is working. However, if you are unable to get a lock, toggle the GPS satelites off & on to reset. If possible, use an app like GPS Status to verify.

/system partition has been resized as of 10/07 build - 39MB have been taken from /data, and 21MB taken from /cache, adding 60MB to /system. MAKE BACKUPS and format /system, /data, & /cache before updating.
    - /system partition is too small (again), although enough of the gapps package seems to install so there are no major issues (That I've noticed). This will be adjusted in the not-too-distant future.

- Wimax temporarily disabled

Focal has been removed from official builds.
    - Focal will take pictures. But it takes a few seconds to save them. And may crash if you take too many. Feel free to check it out anyway.

- Current bluetooth behavior untested.

- Wired headset mic & buttons. (Yeah, Yeah, someday...)

- Probably more.

Previous preview Builds
    cm-10.2-20131007-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-10.2-20130913-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-10.2-20130902-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-10.2-20130814-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-10.2-20130802-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    Yea, notice I said "kinda strange", and then went on to talk about how TI is basically gone from the mobile space. ;)

Can we get back to talking about the epicmtd and CM10.2? Apologies for starting the OT.

I'll wrap up cm10.2, just been a little busy lately. Rest assured I'll be working on cm11 also. The 3.0 kernel will have to due for now. I've attempted a 3.4 kernel in the past but it's been tricky to get working, but I will take another stab at it when I have a chance.

What do we have here...

uploadfromtaptalk1383784932573.jpg

Updated build

New build is up in the OP.

Unfortunately there isn't much to report yet. Mainly just an up-to-date build for upstream changes. The 3g is still funky, so the toggle shuffle is still needed when you use wifi.

Few things to note:
    - Like it or not, Power Widgets have been replaced by the Ribbon Bar. Same basic concept, it's just different. And you have the option to keep the toggles in sync with your Quick Settings toggles.
    - Vibration control is listed under Settings->More (where the advanced menu used to be.)
    - Button backlight control is under Settings->Buttons->Backlights. One thing to note for people who like the button lights to be off all the time, don't drop all the way down to 0% all at once. You can lower to something near 0% and it will achieve the same result. A setting of 0% will tell the framework not to turn the lights on at all, but since our hardware likes to turn them on anyway, a setting near 0% will mimic the previous 'Off' setting from our advanced menu.
    - More changes since the last build I'm sure, but I can't think of them right now, so have fun.
    Our data problems lie in the fact that google removed alot of code support for older cdma devices (especially sim-less). It will take some time to work up a patch.

Ok, I have something working pretty well right now. I'll try and post a new build tomorrow (maybe tonight).

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone