[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightly Builds for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread

CMTeamEpic

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2012
CyanogenMod 11.0 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is a build of CM11.0 for the Samsung Epic 4G. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

Please submit a patch to our Gerrit instance if you want to help out.

WARNING: If you are any build prior to the 11/12 CM11.0 build, this will wipe your data due to a resizing of the mtd partitions. If you wish to go back to another ROM, you will need to ODIN back to stock. If updating from a build prior to 11/12, it is recommended to format /system, /data, and /cache AFTER making your backup.

Recommended steps before you install:
1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
4. Boot into CWM recovery. Make a full Backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
5. It is recommended that you wipe data before installing CM11.0 for the first time.

Additional Disclaimer:
Any bug reports coming from an Unofficial CM11.0 build, or a modified/patched Official CM11.0 build (modem patch, kernels, etc.) should be directed to the originating thread. It is hard enough to provide bug support for the official releases without having to worry about bugs that may have been introduced by outside means. Bug reports are very welcome if you can reproduce them after flashing back to an official, stock build. We do want to be able to fix all the things. Thank you.

**Google Apps are not included in these ROMs. You'll need to install those yourself if you want them.

Nightly Builds
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=epicmtd

Known Issues:

- 3g data basically works - Although it has the wifi/mobile data toggle bug again. Disable mobile data before turning on wifi for best results. Fixed 12/04

- Stock browser (and anything else using webviews) - Big black boxes. Use another browser temporarily until fixed. Fixed 11/17

- Wimax temporarily disabled

- Current bluetooth behavior untested for improvement.

- Wired headset mic & buttons. (Yeah, Yeah, someday...)

- Probably more.

Previous preview Builds
cm-11-20140101-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
cm-11-20131226-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
cm-11-20131211-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
cm-11-20131210-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
cm-11-20131205-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
cm-11-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
cm-11-20131112-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip

Last edited:

bbelos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2011
Chicago
Potentially Unstable Build - 12/04
Alot more features have been added back in, but I've been experiencing some weirdness especially after a reboot. Certain issues seem to be tied to certain gapps packages. I have not determined the best one to use, but I post this build for those of you who want something more current.

Features (including but not limited to the following, some of which may have already existed in previous builds):
*** I think I have taken even more space from /data to give to /system. Make your backups before flashing ***
- Working data (data toggle shuffle no longer necessary)
- Quick access ribbon
- Quick access panel (with Torch enabled)
- Circle battery
- Lockscreen shortcuts
- Vibrator intensity and capacitive button backlight control

cm-11-20131204-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip

EDIT:
Stable version
This version uses the boot.img from the 11/17 build (thanks to didhiy for experimenting), therefore it has the same partition layout as the 11/17 build. Should be safe to flash over the 11/17 build, but backups are still always recommended.

cm-11-20131204-UNOFFICIAL-fixed-epicmtd.zip

Last edited:

bbelos

Apr 23, 2011
Chicago
Last edited:

bbelos

Apr 23, 2011
Chicago
Actually, it looks like the Wifi / 3G data toggle shuffle bug is back. So as a reminder, if you want to turn on wifi, turn off mobile data first. Otherwise, when you turn off wifi, your 3g data will not reconnect without a reboot.

mbellot

Jul 22, 2010
First! :laugh:

Amazing work bbelos! I will have to give this a try when I get a little free time.

Reactions: didhiy

Jduncan312

Dec 18, 2012
Florence Al
bricked

this may have softbricked my phone im not sure I tried to install it and then the phone turned off now it wont go past the boot screen

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Downloading now... Hope it fares well in terms of battery.
P.S. Not even having an unofficial CM11 for Galaxy Nexus is lame!

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ Android 4.4 KRT16M

bbelos

Apr 23, 2011
Chicago
no I cant..it wont even turn on now I cant even get into download mode lol

Well, I just re-tested it. Restored back to cm-10.2 and downloaded the zip from the link. Wipe data/reset and format /system (like the warning recommends), and flashed the zip. It rebooted right away back into recovery (because it had to flash the kernel first). Flashed the zip again, then gapps and then I rebooted with a successful boot-up.

Worst case if you still can't get into recovery, you'll still be able to get into download mode and get restored and try again. There shouldn't have been any way for it to kill the bootloader.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
I had to flash gapps a second time (after the included recovery replaced twrp) but so far it works just fine.

ART helps a ton, it's instantly noticeable, but takes up quite a bit of space.

You guys rock.

Still Epic.

Edit: webview/browser seems to be very unstable. half of the surface blacks out and lags the device. this is with both dalvik and ART

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: bbelos

didhiy

Mar 29, 2011
Jakarta
Well, I just re-tested it. Restored back to cm-10.2 and downloaded the zip from the link. Wipe data/reset and format /system (like the warning recommends), and flashed the zip. It rebooted right away back into recovery (because it had to flash the kernel first). Flashed the zip again, then gapps and then I rebooted with a successful boot-up.

Worst case if you still can't get into recovery, you'll still be able to get into download mode and get restored and try again. There shouldn't have been any way for it to kill the bootloader.

tested... boot without problem :thumbup:

first impression, can't install apk from file manager ;)
with "package parsing error" warning

mi7chy

Oct 26, 2008
Anyone else keep getting errors with phone and gapps processes booting up even after wiping data/cache, format /system and wiping dalvik?

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Just tested it out. Lags are significantly more obvious than 4.3 and 4.2, but the beauty of KitKat totally overwhelms that. One thing I noticed is that Mass Storage speed is slower than usual.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

can't install apk from file manager ;)
with "package parsing error" warning

Oops... same here. Forgot to check up on that. Reverting.

didhiy

Mar 29, 2011
Jakarta
Anyone else keep getting errors with phone and gapps processes booting up even after wiping data/cache, format /system and wiping dalvik?

I didn't try install gapps, no problem with phone service

Just tested it out. Lags are significantly more obvious than 4.3 and 4.2, but the beauty of KitKat totally overwhelms that. One thing I noticed is that Mass Storage speed is slower than usual.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Oops... same here. Forgot to check up on that. Reverting.

I really like the dialer :thumbup:
so beauty & pretty :D

rundmcarlson

Mar 30, 2010

I can't get gapps to work either. I've tried a few different ones that are supposed to be for 4.4 but all force close and stop the boot process. End up with a black screen and force close pop ups. I'm guessing a compatible gapps isn't available yet or I just haven't been able to find it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11.0 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a build of CM11.0 for the Samsung Epic 4G. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

Please submit a patch to our Gerrit instance if you want to help out.

WARNING: If you are any build prior to the 11/12 CM11.0 build, this will wipe your data due to a resizing of the mtd partitions. If you wish to go back to another ROM, you will need to ODIN back to stock. If updating from a build prior to 11/12, it is recommended to format /system, /data, and /cache AFTER making your backup.

Recommended steps before you install:
    1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
    4. Boot into CWM recovery. Make a full Backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    5. It is recommended that you wipe data before installing CM11.0 for the first time.

Additional Disclaimer:
    Any bug reports coming from an Unofficial CM11.0 build, or a modified/patched Official CM11.0 build (modem patch, kernels, etc.) should be directed to the originating thread. It is hard enough to provide bug support for the official releases without having to worry about bugs that may have been introduced by outside means. Bug reports are very welcome if you can reproduce them after flashing back to an official, stock build. We do want to be able to fix all the things. Thank you.

**Google Apps are not included in these ROMs. You'll need to install those yourself if you want them.

Nightly Builds
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=epicmtd

Known Issues:

- 3g data basically works - Although it has the wifi/mobile data toggle bug again. Disable mobile data before turning on wifi for best results. Fixed 12/04

- Stock browser (and anything else using webviews) - Big black boxes. Use another browser temporarily until fixed. Fixed 11/17

- Wimax temporarily disabled

- Current bluetooth behavior untested for improvement.

- Wired headset mic & buttons. (Yeah, Yeah, someday...)

- Probably more.

Previous preview Builds
    cm-11-20140101-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131226-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131211-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131210-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131205-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131117-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-11-20131112-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip
    Potentially Unstable Build - 12/04
    Alot more features have been added back in, but I've been experiencing some weirdness especially after a reboot. Certain issues seem to be tied to certain gapps packages. I have not determined the best one to use, but I post this build for those of you who want something more current.

Features (including but not limited to the following, some of which may have already existed in previous builds):
    *** I think I have taken even more space from /data to give to /system. Make your backups before flashing ***
    - Working data (data toggle shuffle no longer necessary)
    - Quick access ribbon
    - Quick access panel (with Torch enabled)
    - Circle battery
    - Lockscreen shortcuts
    - Vibrator intensity and capacitive button backlight control

cm-11-20131204-UNOFFICIAL-epicmtd.zip

EDIT:
    Stable version
    This version uses the boot.img from the 11/17 build (thanks to didhiy for experimenting), therefore it has the same partition layout as the 11/17 build. Should be safe to flash over the 11/17 build, but backups are still always recommended.

cm-11-20131204-UNOFFICIAL-fixed-epicmtd.zip
    1. Contact list export limit patches were merged the other day.
    2. Wimax updates have been merged and is re-enabled for future official builds.
    3. Vim was removed when I switched over to the mini builds a few weeks ago. If anyone has been missing it, it has been re-added.
    4. M12 builds come next week (usually friday). L source comes soon and we'll see if the epic can manage another update. No promises.
    12/10/2013
    - All kernel & device patches included in the latest build have been merged or uploaded to gerrit (to possibly be merged later).
    - Additional patches necessary for the build include the following:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55500/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55109/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55110/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55111/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/55512/ (12/11/13) Merged.

- Recommended gapps: http://d-h.st/eWW (12/09).
    Um... maybe?

uploadfromtaptalk1392742029361.jpg