[ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 11

Search This thread

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
cyanogenmod-logo.jpg

UNIFIED BUILDS FOR MOTO_MSM8960 DEVICES
Code:
[B][I]Photon Q[/I][/B] (xt897 - asanti_c - Sprint )
[B][I]Atrix HD[/I][/B] (mb886 - qinara - AT&T)
[B][I]Droid Razr M[/I][/B] (xt907 - scorpion_mini - Verizon)
[B][I]Razr M[/I][/B] (xt905 - smq_u - GSM)
[B][I]Electrify M[/I][/B] (xt901 - solstice - US Cellular)
[B][I]Droid Razr HD[/I][/B] (xt926 - vanquish - Verizon)
[B][I]Razr HD[/I][/B] (xt925 - vanquish_u - GSM)

IMPORTANT:
There are 2 builds for moto_msm8960 devices.
  • moto_msm8960 - Is for devices that have updated to the official KitKat OTA/SBF
  • moto_msm8960_jbbl - Is for devices that remain on official Jelly Bean OTA/SBF

GOT BUGS?:

MAINTAINERS:
  • Dhacker29
  • Nadlabak (kabaldan)
  • EPinter
  • Skrilax_CZ

LINKS:

INSTALLATION:
  • Download ROM
    [*] Download GAPPS
    [*] Place both on SDcard.
    [*] Reboot to recovery
    [*] Do a factory reset
    [*] Flash ROM
    [*] Flash GAPPS
    [*] Reboot and enjoy

DOWNLOADS:

ROMS

MOTO_MSM8960 - [KitKat Bootloader]

MOTO_MSM8960_JBBL - [Jelly Bean Bootloader]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEST BUILDS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UNOFFICIAL CM12 LOLLIPOP - by dhacker29
> https://twitter.com/dhacker29/status/533142687873265664

PROGRESS
> https://twitter.com/dhacker29

DISCUSSION
> http://xdaforums.com/droid-razr-m/general/round-candies-sticks-t2938748

------------------------------------------
DOWNLOADS
ROM:
> http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=41187#files

GAPPS:
> http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=27426#files

Last edited:

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
This is what I have been running for about two weeks now. Smooth and stable and the Nightlies dirtyflash with no problem. I'm using TWRP 2.7.0.0 as my recovery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk

Reactions: droidrzr1610

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
The latest nightly is 2.08 correct?

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CM has unified CM11 for all Moto MSM8960 devices, thus individual nightlies stopped on Feb 18th. Please look under the device name of "moto_msm8960" instead of "xt907" for up-to-date nightlies (just use the link provided by OP).

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

Reactions: droidrzr1610

romma1

Jun 1, 2011
Thanks Andyyan...

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bofis

Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
low in-call volume

Hi, my wife's Razr M has been rocking the official, unified CM11 without any issues besides in-call volume. Whether on speakerphone or using the earpiece, call volume is very low and no amount of adjusting it up and down gets it up to as loud as it should sound. I was reading about people modifying the "snd_soc_msm_2x" file in /system/etc/snd_soc_msm but there are so many values there and so many repeated things that I'm not entirely sure what and how many values I'd have to adjust. Has anyone else successfully increased in-call volume (without totally distorting audio) and has the "snd_soc_msm_2x" file to share for this device? Thanks!

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
Hi, my wife's Razr M has been rocking the official, unified CM11 without any issues besides in-call volume. Whether on speakerphone or using the earpiece, call volume is very low and no amount of adjusting it up and down gets it up to as loud as it should sound. I was reading about people modifying the "snd_soc_msm_2x" file in /system/etc/snd_soc_msm but there are so many values there and so many repeated things that I'm not entirely sure what and how many values I'd have to adjust. Has anyone else successfully increased in-call volume (without totally distorting audio) and has the "snd_soc_msm_2x" file to share for this device? Thanks!

I haven't had this problem, but I found a [GUIDE] in the Nexus 5 forum that could help you out.

Livewire18

Jun 28, 2013
Mapleton
So glad to see an official release!!!

Is there an screen dimming (or staying dim) issues in this release, or has that been fixed now?

romma1

Jun 1, 2011

Is there an screen dimming (or staying dim) issues in this release, or has that been fixed now?

Curious about the screen issue as well.. I know that I read about a kernel somewhere that fixes it, but I have been so busy in every area of my life I have not had the ability to keep up much. I totally missed the unified rom update... I was wondering why I kept seeing msm8960 posts all over the XT907 threads. Mystery solved!!!

Oh, I did DL the latest Milestone, so I will flash it for the heck of it.

Thanks- Scott (romma1)

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012

Curious about the screen issue as well.. I know that I read about a kernel somewhere that fixes it, but I have been so busy in every area of my life I have not had the ability to keep up much. I totally missed the unified rom update... I was wondering why I kept seeing msm8960 posts all over the XT907 threads. Mystery solved!!!

Oh, I did DL the latest Milestone, so I will flash it for the heck of it.

Thanks- Scott (romma1)

The backlight issue still persist, and i'm unaware of any fix for it.

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
Do you know if this is with all 4.4 roms for the Razr M, or just specific roms? I know there are rumors about 4.4.2 coming from Motorola soon for our phones, and I would assume they would have fixed it for an official update.

I think the issue is just on custom ROMs with "hacked" kernels. Once we get the updated kernel and drivers, then I sure it will be fixed. On my Galaxy Nexus, there is no issue with 4.4.2.

Reactions: romma1

romma1

Jun 1, 2011
I can confirm that the screen light issue persists. Other than that, the latest build is fantastic.

Update: after about one day of running this, the lighting issue is too annoying for me. Back to a stable JB rom..

Last edited:

bofis

Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I put Brightness into the quick toggles and either toggle auto-brightness if it's a problem, or have just been manually setting the brightness somewhere in the middle and that's fine for most of the day anyway.

Only issue now is random reboots that I'm not sure are software or an issue with the power button sticking :-\ Has anyone else had the phone vibrate and then reboot on them suddenly?

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
I put Brightness into the quick toggles and either toggle auto-brightness if it's a problem, or have just been manually setting the brightness somewhere in the middle and that's fine for most of the day anyway.

Only issue now is random reboots that I'm not sure are software or an issue with the power button sticking :-\ Has anyone else had the phone vibrate and then reboot on them suddenly?

I haven't had any random reboots.

atison

Apr 17, 2013
Quick easy way to deal with the screen dim on wake issue is when you wake the phone up and notice it is dim (before unlocking) just hit the power button again turning it off and again turning it back on. Works for me.

Everything is running fine except I get some stalls that render the phone unresponsive for 20-30 seconds then all is fine. Can't identify any triggers that cause it though. Doesn't happen very often either.

worldindo1

Dec 8, 2011
Headset controls are blown too. I have no clue why, but every time I press my button it acts like a screen cursor. Ex. Say I'm on the home screen and I press the button. First press highlights the Google search bar, second click actually "clicks" it.

romma1

Jun 1, 2011
Just a question since this is a CM11 thread... Once kernel source is released, does anyone know if we will see some better CM11 builds with the issues fixed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-logo.jpg

UNIFIED BUILDS FOR MOTO_MSM8960 DEVICES
    Code:
    [B][I]Photon Q[/I][/B] (xt897 - asanti_c - Sprint )
    [B][I]Atrix HD[/I][/B] (mb886 - qinara - AT&T)
    [B][I]Droid Razr M[/I][/B] (xt907 - scorpion_mini - Verizon)
    [B][I]Razr M[/I][/B] (xt905 - smq_u - GSM)
    [B][I]Electrify M[/I][/B] (xt901 - solstice - US Cellular)
    [B][I]Droid Razr HD[/I][/B] (xt926 - vanquish - Verizon)
    [B][I]Razr HD[/I][/B] (xt925 - vanquish_u - GSM)

IMPORTANT:
    There are 2 builds for moto_msm8960 devices.
    • moto_msm8960 - Is for devices that have updated to the official KitKat OTA/SBF
    • moto_msm8960_jbbl - Is for devices that remain on official Jelly Bean OTA/SBF

GOT BUGS?:

MAINTAINERS:
    • Dhacker29
    • Nadlabak (kabaldan)
    • EPinter
    • Skrilax_CZ

LINKS:

INSTALLATION:
    • Download ROM
      [*] Download GAPPS
      [*] Place both on SDcard.
      [*] Reboot to recovery
      [*] Do a factory reset
      [*] Flash ROM
      [*] Flash GAPPS
      [*] Reboot and enjoy

DOWNLOADS:

ROMS

MOTO_MSM8960 - [KitKat Bootloader]

MOTO_MSM8960_JBBL - [Jelly Bean Bootloader]

TEST BUILDS
    UNOFFICIAL CM12 LOLLIPOP - by dhacker29
    > https://twitter.com/dhacker29/status/533142687873265664

PROGRESS
    > https://twitter.com/dhacker29

DISCUSSION
    > http://xdaforums.com/droid-razr-m/general/round-candies-sticks-t2938748

DOWNLOADS
    ROM:
    > http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=41187#files

GAPPS:
    > http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=27426#files
    3.4 kernel/JB bootloader/JB modem firmware: At this point, I'm aiming at device specific builds, while trying to keep it as common as possible. So msm8960-common repo will be used again and will contain most of the stuff, inherited from small simple device specific repos as xt897, mbm886 etc.

Theoretically, in the long run, we may be able to re-unify the 3.4k/JBbl/JBmodem builds, by using the pointer to devtree partition loaded in RAM that is passed from bootloader to kernel, to choose the right device tree part from multiple dev trees appended to zImage.
    But that is a future thing, currently I'm simply appending a single device/hw revision dev tree, so a build is inevitably limited to work only on a single hardware configuration.

Please don't expect builds that will run universally on both JB and KK bootloader, I don't see how it could happen.

I won't provide any builds for any devices until it's more stable than it currently is on xt897. (Yes, it's not very stable yet).
    Working on mic issue now.
    0722 build - mic issues still present... Nobody cares?

It's being worked on. Don't expect nightlies to be perfect. If you want to be on the bleeding edge, expect issues.
    Otherwise run a snapshot build, like M7. Apart from the screen dimming, it's a flawless build and I use it everyday.
    This thread is full of a lot of complaining and empty whining, but no real constructive feedback
    To everyone:
    Look at the bug tracker and see if the problem is listed there. If not, file a bug for it. Make sure it's reproducible and get a logcat or whatever other files the devs need, if possible.
    And check the nightly changelogs. The rom is being updated EVERYDAY. If you don't see any new commits for the mic or sound and it was broken in the previous nightly, guess what? It's probably still broken! There's no need to come on this thread and continually post about it.

Coming to this thread to state that something is broken is pretty much pointless. I doubt dhacker or any of the devs read this thread because every day the posts are exactly the same drivel (broken mic, camera, display, etc.) with no logcats or other helpful files or insight on fixing the problem (that's for the general section, NOT the dev forum). YOU ARE NOT HELPING DEVS BY DOING THIS. Given that dhacker has to contend with this in the dev section, it's a small wonder he feels like he's single-handedly supporting this device.

As many are too impatient and ignorant to learn how to use JIRA, I may start a bug tracking thread if needed like I did for my previous device as shown here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2161205

But please, keep the dev forum clean and stop with the complaining. Helps no one and it's just more useless posts to sort through.