• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.0 Nightlies for the Verizon LG G3 (vs985)

Search This thread

invisiblek

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Minnesota
www.invisiblek.org
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=vs985&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.0 Nightlies for the Verizon LG G3 (vs985), ROM for the Verizon LG G3

Contributors
invisiblek
Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-01-09
Last Updated 2015-01-09

Last edited:

phobos512

Mar 1, 2009
Anyone having an issue not being able to get into Language & Input in Settings? Every nightly so far Settings FCs when I try to open that. It's the only thing I can find that's weird. I dirty flashed from 01/04 invisiblek to the Jan 5th, 8th and now 9th nightlies. Every one has that issue.

burkett375

Feb 8, 2010
Cuse
Anyone having an issue not being able to get into Language & Input in Settings? Every nightly so far Settings FCs when I try to open that. It's the only thing I can find that's weird. I dirty flashed from 01/04 invisiblek to the Jan 5th, 8th and now 9th nightlies. Every one has that issue.

No problems here, what GAPPS did you flash? Might have something to do with the keyboard.

phobos512

Mar 1, 2009
I've been on the same GApps (PA, 25 Dec) and keyboard (Swype) since December. Issue only started when I flashed the first official nightly for CM12 (previously was using the unofficial build by OP).

Last edited:

ohlin5

Feb 24, 2012
Verizon Blows, USA
I've been on the same GApps (PA, 25 Dec) and keyboard (Swype) since December. Issue only started when I flashed the first official nightly for CM12 (previously was using the unofficial build by OP).

If I were a betting man I'd say a clean flash will do you well, as I rarely enter that menu so had to try it before I commented, but just did so and mine works fine as well. I just re entry had a kernel panic on the 1/9 build, but that's honestly the first one of those I've ever had while running these cm12 builds, so that's doing pretty well I'd say. I know other people saw them as they seem to have mellowed out a bit, so I really can't complain. Proximity bug is an annoyance still, but I'm finding myself getting used to that haha, so my only other issue is the occasional disconnect sounds mid call, and having to toggle speakerphone on and off to be able to hear the caller again. Outside of these two things off the top of my head, the general stability right now seems pretty solid.

Noobla_Khan

Jul 27, 2010
North Waterboro

I've had absolutely no problems with this either. When the CM 12.0 nightlies went official I did do a clean install of the first nightly and then dirty flashed each one after. Using the 12/25 stock Gapps package and Google keyboard.

Last edited:

digitallure

Dec 12, 2010
Columbus, OH
Do you know if any of the features lg has made for this phone will be added or embedded like the ir blaster and or the split screen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Punchieo

Oct 2, 2014
Manasquan
Do you know if any of the features lg has made for this phone will be added or embedded like the ir blaster and or the split screen?

Probably not into CM at least. Maybe other 5.0 ROMs

Sent from my Sump'd and Bump'd G3, Thanks to Team Codefire

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Here is a nice, clean, long list of commits.
http://www.cmxlog.com/12/vs985/
Dan's first commit on the 1/10 build is funny af

Reactions: digitallure

jco897j

May 12, 2012
If I were a betting man I'd say a clean flash will do you well, as I rarely enter that menu so had to try it before I commented, but just did so and mine works fine as well. I just re entry had a kernel panic on the 1/9 build, but that's honestly the first one of those I've ever had while running these cm12 builds, so that's doing pretty well I'd say. I know other people saw them as they seem to have mellowed out a bit, so I really can't complain. Proximity bug is an annoyance still, but I'm finding myself getting used to that haha, so my only other issue is the occasional disconnect sounds mid call, and having to toggle speakerphone on and off to be able to hear the caller again. Outside of these two things off the top of my head, the general stability right now seems pretty solid.

I'm having earpiece issues as well where I also have to cycle speakerphone.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using XDA Free mobile app

zebinadams

Jul 3, 2011
Chambersubrg, PA
Reactions: digitallure

phobos512

Mar 1, 2009

It says you joined XDA in 2010. It's now 2015. By now you ought to know that IN GENERAL it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that OEM specific features will make it into AOSP based ROMs. If you want those features, you will more than likely need to stick with a stock based ROM.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Thanks all. Going to do a clean flash now. I will report back.

All goodness. Working just fine now. Hopefully the battery life estimate I was seeing before the clean flash will carry forward. Said I'd be needing to recharge on JAN 17TH lol!

Punchieo

Oct 2, 2014
Manasquan
Having a continuous issue here. Whenever I call a person, it hangs up about 10 seconds into the call. Switching to speaker phone and back doesn't work.

Punchieo

Oct 2, 2014
Manasquan
Figured I would just post this on this thread since it is a prominent issue. Cm updater doesn't work.

gparmar76

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
It says you joined XDA in 2010. It's now 2015. By now you ought to know that IN GENERAL it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that OEM specific features will make it into AOSP based ROMs. If you want those features, you will more than likely need to stick with a stock based ROM.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

All goodness. Working just fine now. Hopefully the battery life estimate I was seeing before the clean flash will carry forward. Said I'd be needing to recharge on JAN 17TH lol!

Really? Why is it that CM incorporated Dot View case from functionality into their M8 builds? Why did they work on hover events when the S4 came out? Why did they build an FM radio app for phones that had this feature built in?

Punchieo

Oct 2, 2014
Manasquan
Really? Why is it that CM incorporated Dot View case from functionality into their M8 builds? Why did they work on hover events when the S4 came out? Why did they build an FM radio app for phones that had this feature built in?

"Highly unlikely"
And every aosp ROM utilizes lazer af

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=vs985&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.0 Nightlies for the Verizon LG G3 (vs985), ROM for the Verizon LG G3

Contributors
    invisiblek
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-01-09
    Last Updated 2015-01-09
    I don't believe I was running one of your ROMs when I experienced the call drop bug, but regardless it was related to the setting "Pressing power button will end current call". Once I toggled the setting off the bug went away. I know it's not a log, but hopefully it helps.

ROFL

Ok, so the bug that plagued us for a long time: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/84385/
    Has been fixed. Double tap to wake was derping things out (probably the zits on our faces causing it detect a double tap).

Who here can guess what a double tap does? Anyone?
    A double tap simulates a power button press. That would explain this completely.

LOL

(Sorry I laugh, because I hate working on radio stuff, especially when I can't replicate it :silly: )
    cm 12.1

hey not sure if you guys noticed already but invisible just posted a build of cm 12.1 on his website
    http://www.invisiblek.org/roms/cm-12.1/
    ...IN GENERAL it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that OEM specific features will make it into AOSP based ROMs
    Not entirely true, but things like split screen wouldn't be brought in. IR blaster most certainly could work, but we wouldn't ship the LG app, you'd need to use a 3rd party app. This is currently done on jf (sgs4) and HTC M8

Why is it that CM incorporated Dot View case from functionality into their M8 builds?
    Because I wrote the app

Why did they work on hover events when the S4 came out?
    I don't recall this =/

Why did they build an FM radio app for phones that had this feature built in?
    This is a qualcomm thing.