[ROM] Official Cyanogenmod 12 5.1 for the Moto G 4G (Peregrine)

Search This thread

Somcom3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
Downloads:

CM server

Installation:

Unlock the bootloader
Flash a recovery
Reboot into recovery
Flash rom.

Reporting bugs:

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

Report bugs on Jira at jira.cyanogenmod.org
Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
What is your:

Phone model:
CM Download url:
Gapps version:
Radio (baseband):
CM version:

Did you:

Install xposed framework?
Restore apps in titanium backup?
Flash another kernel?
Are you using a supported recovery?
start Art Runtime?
search the thread for similar issues before posting?
I don't reply to tech support by pm or emails/hangouts messages.
If you have xposed installed, please bother to post.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
Offiical cm for peregrine, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
Somcom3X, @BlueFlame4
Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader with recovery

Version Information

Created 2014-11-24
Last Updated 2015-04-20

Last edited:

Somcom3X

Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Reserved

I present to you CyanogenMod 12 for the peregrine. After delaying my initial release to an almost fully working state, it is here now.
Video review:
Big thanks to @Cm9aphla

Bugs:
Wifi tether (Experimenting)
Bluetooth stack issues with multitasking.
Somewhat buggy
GPS issues as well.

Last edited:

Somcom3X

Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Reserved

Big thank you to all of the donators:
Please confirm your username by posting the remainder of the transaction ID. To donate, please send to somcom3@gmail.com via paypal

Donators
Code:
S. Fabbro 4HR94540AN4xxxxxx
D. Noonburg 604068013C4xxxxxx 
G.  Girotto 9SH91349CF4xxxxxx
Gracias!

New recovery is in the works, stay tuned.

If anyone needs some assistance, join #cyanogenmod or #carbonrom on irc.
I'll be in #carbonrom-dev most of the time.
If no one responds instantly, simply wait. Don't be this guy (You know who you are):
Code:
[22:57:18] --> carbon_guest (6159xxxx@gateway/web/freenode/ip.97.xx.3.xx) has joined #teamcarbon
[22:58:19] <carbon_guest> I'm having an issue, this is my first time trying the carbon ROM the installation
 was succesful but every time i try to install the GAPPS it gives me an error and says (Satus 6), any aid please?
[23:01:02] <carbon_guest> anybody here?
[23:10:06] <carbon_guest> hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
[23:26:12] <-- carbon_guest (6159xxxx@gateway/web/freenode/ip.97.xx.3.xx) has quit (Quit: Page closed)

Last edited:

Zyquil

May 13, 2013
@Somcom3X Excellent release! Though I've encountered a few issues apart from the mentioned ones.
  • AOSP keyboard gesture swiping does not work
  • Power Off does not work
  • Notification sound does not work. Tried changing it a few times but none of which works. It vibrates though. :D
  • Notification LED doesn't work? I don't think it's working or how it's intended to work in 5.0 Lollipop, but Pulse Notification light is turned on (This seems to work for alarms though)
  • Random Settings force closes
  • Maps is not working -- I know it's totally unrelated but it could be GPS related as it just kept showing "Waiting for location..."
  • Some apps are left even after clearing all apps. ie: SuperSU requests, Contacts, app installs.
  • Volume rocker for Media Volume gets stuck at a certain point, though it's only a visual bug.
Crossed out stuff just suddenly worked. lol
Is it possible to get Busybox working on CM12 too? Can't find one that would install.
Using this as a daily driver until I find something that wouldn't let me.
Which superuser flashable zip should I use? The ones I used in KK don't work. :(

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

And the ROM is rock solid, congrats!
I used this and it seems to be working fine. http://download.chainfire.eu/589/SuperSU/

Last edited:

Menelkir

Jul 30, 2010
Porto Alegre
menelkir.itroll.org
I'm testing since you release the zip in the other thread (I was even about to suggest a new thread :D).

I did a dirty flash from cm11, so, maybe some of my reports here are specific about doing dirty flash (just in case, remember to redo your lockscreen security, because the dirty flash made your lockscreen accept anything as password. Remaking the lockscreen security fix it).

* Stock camera doesn't work (shows image, but doesn't take photos, even after cleanup the application). Downloading the google camera or whatever other camera works (and it seems the camera bug from cm11 is gone).
* f2fs doesn't work, ext4 works but useless (you can't do anything, but the cm12 reads that there's a partition and with size, etc), exfat doesn't work either. The worse is: using any of the filesystems I said made you unable to even reformat de sdcard. Only fat works for me. :eek: Btw, I'm unable to copy from pc to sdcard.

Last edited:

sillycat98

Nov 24, 2014
Nexus 7 (2013)
HTC One (M8)
Thanks

Downloading now. Thanks for posting, been waiting for a lollipop rom.

Edit:
Gps is working fine for me, camera works when it wants to, replaced the stock camera with a port from the apps section of this forum.. Google camera seems a bit more stable. Installed no frills cpu control and disabled safety valve and other apps being able to set frequency and I noticed while it still says min is 1.1 if you look at stats it will go to 300 like normal.

Last edited:

rodsayd

Dec 15, 2013
Mendoza
Hi. I'm so excited to install this, but I want to know if I'll be able to go back to KK if there is any problem :)

Thanks for all your hard work! :)

athlantar

Mar 8, 2011
Just out of curiosity, the thread name is "[ROM] unOfficial Cyanogenmod 12 4.4.4 for the Moto G 4G (Peregrine)".

CM12 is made after 5.0, not 4.4.4 - right?

Or am I misunderstanding what the 4.4.4 means?

Thanks!

Reactions: Somcom3X

Level99

Feb 2, 2011
Can confirm lack of GPS signal lock. Could be the same bug with CM11.2 where you need to get it just right with a previous signal lock on stock and then flash. Otherwise, running extremely smoothly. Latest SuperSU Beta 2.27 gives root without any big problems, restoring TiBu as we speak. Also can confirm lack of swipe in stock keyboard. SD Card access is working. Great work!

ivesdotkom

Mar 14, 2011
Getting a GPS lock before you flash cm12 worked for me. That should be step one from now on before flashing any ROM. Just in case ya know. So far everything's running great.

Reactions: Level99

Somcom3X

Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Can confirm lack of GPS signal lock. Could be the same bug with CM11.2 where you need to get it just right with a previous signal lock on stock and then flash. Otherwise, running extremely smoothly. Latest SuperSU Beta 2.27 gives root without any big problems, restoring TiBu as we speak. Also can confirm lack of swipe in stock keyboard. SD Card access is working. Great work!

I've read it's an issue with quite a bit of Motorola devices. The stock GPS trick is the best thing possible to do at the moment.

Reactions: Level99

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
    Downloads:

CM server

Installation:

Unlock the bootloader
    Flash a recovery
    Reboot into recovery
    Flash rom.

Reporting bugs:

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

Report bugs on Jira at jira.cyanogenmod.org
    Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your:

Phone model:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:

Did you:

Install xposed framework?
    Restore apps in titanium backup?
    Flash another kernel?
    Are you using a supported recovery?
    start Art Runtime?
    search the thread for similar issues before posting?
    I don't reply to tech support by pm or emails/hangouts messages.
    If you have xposed installed, please bother to post.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Offiical cm for peregrine, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    Somcom3X, @BlueFlame4
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader with recovery

Version Information

Created 2014-11-24
    Last Updated 2015-04-20
    Reserved

I present to you CyanogenMod 12 for the peregrine. After delaying my initial release to an almost fully working state, it is here now.
    Video review:
    Big thanks to @Cm9aphla

Bugs:
    Wifi tether (Experimenting)
    Bluetooth stack issues with multitasking.
    Somewhat buggy
    GPS issues as well.
    Reserved

Big thank you to all of the donators:
    Please confirm your username by posting the remainder of the transaction ID. To donate, please send to somcom3@gmail.com via paypal

Donators
    Code:
    S. Fabbro 4HR94540AN4xxxxxx
    D. Noonburg 604068013C4xxxxxx 
    G.  Girotto 9SH91349CF4xxxxxx
    Gracias!

New recovery is in the works, stay tuned.

If anyone needs some assistance, join #cyanogenmod or #carbonrom on irc.
    I'll be in #carbonrom-dev most of the time.
    If no one responds instantly, simply wait. Don't be this guy (You know who you are):
    Code:
    [22:57:18] --> carbon_guest (6159xxxx@gateway/web/freenode/ip.97.xx.3.xx) has joined #teamcarbon
    [22:58:19] <carbon_guest> I'm having an issue, this is my first time trying the carbon ROM the installation
     was succesful but every time i try to install the GAPPS it gives me an error and says (Satus 6), any aid please?
    [23:01:02] <carbon_guest> anybody here?
    [23:10:06] <carbon_guest> hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    [23:26:12] <-- carbon_guest (6159xxxx@gateway/web/freenode/ip.97.xx.3.xx) has quit (Quit: Page closed)
    New build up.

I really need to take a break.
    So, next nightly will have the new lollipop kernel.