[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies for the Moto X Pure 2015 (clark)

Search This thread

Gulfstream 650

Mar 1, 2010
Owyhee County, ID
I wonder what's the reason I haven't experienced any of those issues? beside my obvious no gApps what else could be? my cell has been dirty flashed since the unofficial days.

I'll update to the 21st when it gets out and report.
You're been lucky I guess, I didn't have one single problem until about the 7/15 build. I'm awaiting the 7/21 build too, if it continues to have issues I might revert back to the 7/13 build and use the Bliss kernel, that combo was flawless.

OCmylife

Oct 15, 2010
Bocholt(NRW)
I didn't have any problems either. And since the changes with Cpu-hotplugging I get 5 hours SOT over 24 hours on battery every time. Before this change I was lucky, if I get over 4 hours SOT over 24 hours

Gesendet von meinem XT1572 mit Tapatalk

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
I've had two instances today of the "Sleep of Death". I had to hold the power button down for about 15 seconds to force a reboot. About the last week or so has been the most problematic builds I've seen since coming aboard in early June. But hey, I realize they're nightly's and we're working towards a great ROM, it's all part of the process.

+1

Here too. July 20 nightly.

Had to revert back to my July 12 nightly backup.

donrojo

Oct 6, 2012
I've had two instances today of the "Sleep of Death". I had to hold the power button down for about 15 seconds to force a reboot. About the last week or so has been the most problematic builds I've seen since coming aboard in early June. But hey, I realize they're nightly's and we're working towards a great ROM, it's all part of the process.
Do you use a particular kernel and/or personally tweak kernel?

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
Anyone tried the 7/21 nightly yet? I need to get some charge in mine before flashing. I'm on 7/17 and just wondering if it is worth it. I've had a few random reboots but nothing major.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Gulfstream 650

Mar 1, 2010
Owyhee County, ID
Anyone tried the 7/21 nightly yet? I need to get some charge in mine before flashing. I'm on 7/17 and just wondering if it is worth it. I've had a few random reboots but nothing major.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
Flashed 7/21 as soon as it became available, so far no problems and it feels a little "snappier". It appears they fixed the "sleep of death" that plagued the 7/20 build so I'm happy.

calimocho

Jan 30, 2008
ATL, Jawja
By the way, I finally got my data working. I had to use an app called APN Manager and enter the APN settings in the picture. Hope this helps anyone that's having the same problem that I did.

I'm on Sprint and after completely starting over (again, thinking the modem was borked) with stock -> CM, running great all day, my data has gone away. Which APN app did you use @Chief_Nodnarb I can't seem to find one that looks like that in the play store (and they all look pretty scuzzy).

Is there any other way to edit APNs? I had to disable a couple on my Note2 with CM12.1 - but no way to edit here. I'm not opposed to getting in a command prompt either, just don't know where to go. But I can't spend yet another day on this just to have it fail again :(

Last edited:

JohnMcW

Nov 21, 2011
Sacramento
Things Still Present

7/21 version
Ascending ringtone issue still present
Continuous shot on CM Snap camera still crashes when button held
Moto Camera still does not give options to store to SD Card

xlayn

Nov 3, 2010
updated to 7/21... the sound volume config is still weird, for example when you plug or unplug the cell sound sounds far far away and low, but other sounds seem to be normal (or high???).
Yet still a total and complete winner on my books... eat that gCompany...~~

ximmox

Mar 14, 2010
Hi there,

Regarding the ringtone volume in the past few builds:
In my opinion the ringtone is not ascending as others have stated, but the volume between the top and the bottom of the two stereo speakers are different. For my alarm each morning (Cyanalarm ringtone) the volume of the top speaker is maybe half of the bottom one, which gives the impression that the ringtone ascends because it is coming out of the top speaker first, then bottom etc

1. Could others please test, if this is the same behaviour for them, which means top speaker not as loud as bottom speaker?

This might be interesting for another point:
For me and comparing to my previous LG G2 on CM13 all volumes (ringtones, media) from the speakers are way too loud on their lowest setting. I don't really care for the maximum volume, which seems to be reached at around half of the volume you can turn it up to already, but the lowest setting is always too loud in a silent surrounding AND louder than the stock Rom (from memory, didn't yet compare).

So actually the sound being "weird" now is a good thing imo, because if we can get the bottom speaker to be as silent as the top speaker now we would have a wider range of settable volumes.

Again, I don't want the speakers' max volume to be lowered, but it's of no use if the lowest setting starts at medium volume and the max volume is reached at 5/10 of the available steps.

calimocho

Jan 30, 2008
ATL, Jawja
Is there any other way to edit APNs? I had to disable a couple on my Note2 with CM12.1 - but no way to edit here. I'm not opposed to getting in a command prompt either, just don't know where to go. But I can't spend yet another day on this just to have it fail again :(

Self-edit for posterity in case it helps anyone else:

I copied /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db to my laptop. It's a SQLite db. I used a program called "DB Browser for SQLite" (osx). You can find your MCC and MNC from the "siminfo" table, (310 and 120, resp for Sprint). Use those to filter out just Sprint APNs in the carriers table.

There were two APNs in there, called "0" and "1", which I had to disable on my Note2 before. They look clearly bogus as some of the settings are missing, but are set to be default APNs (!!). I deleted those two rows, put telephony.db back on my phone in the same place, and so far, so good. :highfive:. Not sure if that file will get auto-updated or replaced on reflash etc, will have to wait and see.

I'll update if I learn something else.

Th3DaRk_Vampire

Dec 7, 2012
San Pedro Sula
Hi there,

Regarding the ringtone volume in the past few builds:
In my opinion the ringtone is not ascending as others have stated, but the volume between the top and the bottom of the two stereo speakers are different. For my alarm each morning (Cyanalarm ringtone) the volume of the top speaker is maybe half of the bottom one, which gives the impression that the ringtone ascends because it is coming out of the top speaker first, then bottom etc

1. Could others please test, if this is the same behaviour for them, which means top speaker not as loud as bottom speaker?

This might be interesting for another point:
For me and comparing to my previous LG G2 on CM13 all volumes (ringtones, media) from the speakers are way too loud on their lowest setting. I don't really care for the maximum volume, which seems to be reached at around half of the volume you can turn it up to already, but the lowest setting is always too loud in a silent surrounding AND louder than the stock Rom (from memory, didn't yet compare).

So actually the sound being "weird" now is a good thing imo, because if we can get the bottom speaker to be as silent as the top speaker now we would have a wider range of settable volumes.

Again, I don't want the speakers' max volume to be lowered, but it's of no use if the lowest setting starts at medium volume and the max volume is reached at 5/10 of the available steps.

+1 to this

7/22 is out, downloading

Reactions: Rulesless

xlayn

Nov 3, 2010
Just out if curiosity, is there a reason why stable (or semi stable) snapshots are not being made available?

<bad joke>
All of the snapshots have been semi stable.... emphasis in semi
<bad joke>

if you go back a couple of pages there are mentions of what it's considered very stable, seems like 13th was one of those builds...

fdc77

Apr 10, 2013
Siena
I'm on the 22nd July nightly and, so far, no sleep of death :) Looks like there are some good improvements lined up for tomorrow's update as well.

what are the "sleep of death" symptoms? phone goes in a very deep deep sleep and don't want to resume ,and need a force reset? i have this problem since 18th july nigthly and persist on 22th july build.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=clark&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/ (you'll want a zip for the ARM64 platform, Android version 6.0)
    HEADS UP: Be sure you flash the gapps package with your rom. If you boot your rom, then go back and try to flash gapps after the fact, you're gonna have a bad time.

Misc Links

Unoffical changelog:
    Link: http://www.cmxlog.com/13/clark/

Learn to build yourself:
    Link: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_clark

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies for the Moto X Pure 2015 (clark), ROM for the Moto X Style (Pure)

Contributors
    invisiblek, Hashbang173, gmillz, neph81
    Source Code: http://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-06-03
    Last Updated 2016-06-03
    Here's a build that I'd like tested. Mainly looking for reports on stability (reboots/lockups) and battery life.

Since cm-13.0 is now down to weekly builds (builds come out on Sundays), and we haven't green-lighted clark for cm-14.1 nightlies yet, I'd like to take this time to see if we can get a good, final, stable build for cm-13.0 before we move on to N.

This should flash just fine over the top of your current cm-13.0 nightly.

http://download.invisiblek.org/roms/cm-13.0/clark/cm-13.0-20161109-UNOFFICIAL-clark.zip

Please, please, PLEASE report your findings with this in the next few days. I'd like to ship these goodies before Sunday!

Enjoy!
    Rebased the kernel, now has EAS back. Also picked quite a few things from Bliss kernel including bricked hotplug, messing around with that might save a lot of battery.

It's working fine for me so far.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588232905720508

source: https://github.com/HashBang173/kern...mits/4f4a051ecbbf2fcc2fd9b89c127b3a5df585398f
    Can anyone post screenshots or comment on battery life and SOT for this rom?and how is the performance as well .. Just for comparison with other roms presently

Everything is pretty good, nothing to be disappointed about, that's for sure! But, IMO, TruPure is THE rom for this phone. But I'll continue to use this as I prefer CM themes as opposed to Layers and update as needed to see how much better things get.

I have no complaints about it other than the trouble I had with data upon first flashing (now solved). I'm seeing some guys post about problems they're having and I'm not experiencing any of these issues. I guess your mileage may vary.

This is definitely my second pick over all other ROMs (Mokee Open Source is close). I'm getting about 4 1/2 hours SOT while getting almost 6 on TruPure. Not to big of a deal for me as I won't use my phone much while working.

All in all, it's worth your time and deserves a fair shake. Ambient display is working for me, gestures are working, twist for camera while locked, unlocks and launches camera, chop chop for torch works. YouTube runs smooth, music plays fine (Viper works as well), and Xposed is running perfectly (for me).

I hope this "Mini Review" helps you out.
    Good to see dev invisiblek has created a cm14 branch for Clark on CM GitHub. Though presently it only contains cm13 he has made his intent clear to continue as soon as cm and Moto make their blobs available.
    Say thank you to a dev who works, well, invisibly behind the scenes.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone